1. Merlin

Merlin Member

Help Needed Regarding Reactions...

Discussion in 'Research' started by Merlin, Sep 16, 2011.

Hey all, it's been a while, but I'm back with yet another question referring to yet another project, this time, which has, The Tournament of Skulls as its working title, and right now - I need your help with some background research regarding similar novels., I.E, where something along the lines of this happens:

A group of teenagers on their way to college vanish in the middle of a bus ride, and wake up somewhere else altogether. They must try and find a way to get back home...

Well, this is pretty much the premise. If you want more, I'll give you more. From the title, you can tell it has something to do with a Tournament, but that's all I'm giving you for now, and my quesiton is really quite simple, and similar to my last thread about a world without adults. Are there any books where this sort of thing has happened before, as I'm trying to get a good idea as to what these kids reactions would be like.

The Legend of Adam Caine, self published by John C. Scott, is the only one that I can think of that has anything to do with anything like this, although it's on a tube train. So yeah, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance, :).

Merlin.

2. Clumsywordsmith

Clumsywordsmith Active Member

Lord of the Flies -- William Golding -- A classic book about a bunch of young boys who end up stranded on a deserted island and fall to bickering, fighting and killing on another.
    Battle Royale -- A film about freshmen highschoolers forced to kill each other.
    Cube -- A film about a bunch of strangers who find themselves stuck in a strange labyrinth of shifting cubes full of deadly traps and their subsequent attempts to escape.

It seems to be more of a movie or TV series thing than a literature one: Lost and Stargate Universe to name two more.

3. Merlin

Merlin Member

Thanks for your help. And yeah, I'll check out Battle Royale. I've read LotF already, though.