1. Psychosis

Psychosis New Member

Starting a plot

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Psychosis, Mar 7, 2011.

Hey, so i was wanting to write a new story and i am having trouble with the plot so far here is what i have

10 "kids" our created by the military to be used as super weapons because the "kids have powers" the military keeps them a secret and plans on using them for taking over the world. the kids our trained in sword fighting, how to use there powers, and bow and arrow's plus many different languages. then the kids find out what is planned they escape from the military prison they are in and run off. they each separate feeling they are safer. this takes part from one boys perspective but each of them feel where two more our and if killed then who kills them will also figure out where the other is. The military starts creating more kids and soldiers to send to kill these kids. while these kids are trying to stop the apocalypse. they each start dieing one by one until the boy meets up with another and the military is after them next.

this what i have so far, what would you think of it ?what would you improve?

2. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Well, first of all, is this set in our world or a fantasy world?

3. Psychosis

Psychosis New Member

It would be a mix of both. characteristics of our world like most of the country's but kind of like the think pangea used to be like.

4. guamyankee

guamyankee Active Member

I don't really like it but hey, prove me wrong. The only way to do that is to start writing.

5. AJSmith

AJSmith New Member

Where does the apocalypse come in? What is the cause/source of this?

What are the kids being used as weapons against?

The storyline seems a bit too familiar to me, but the originality could be in the details and characters... to some extent. What makes this storyline unique from a number of books/movies with very similar plots?

Just some food for thought. :)

6. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Assuming guns are as commonplace in that world as they are in ours, I think teaching the kids to use swords wouldn't be very useful. Teaching them how to fight with a knife would be better. Knives are smaller, can be concealed easier, and are a more useful tool overall.

7. guamyankee

guamyankee Active Member

That's how I teach my assassin kids to fight, only with poisoned blades.

8. Tesgah

Tesgah Member

Why would the kids escape from the military? To be safe? I would think that children who were raised and trained by the military would be brainwashed. Unless they are born with personalities which make them feel that they do not belong. Like if they felt that they were too good for the military, or that they didn't need masters (think Mewtwo, if that means anything to you).

Maybe it would be a good idea to only have a small group of the kids escape, then have the allready existing remaining military kids hunt for them?

You just have to find something you like, then screw everything else and write it :)

9. Manav

Manav New Member

Just write it. Judging from your post you have lots to do before you worry about plots and such.