1. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

Stationary

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by becca, Mar 10, 2009.

Stationary...I knew that was all I had to say to get you to look. :p

I love stationary! I love the stores that sell it. I love pens and paper. I love to see the printer print out my writing!

Do you love stationary too? SHARE?! TELL?!

Or am I just crazy? That is possible....

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I will share my Stationary fetish with you with next weeks pay.

I'll go to office works, buy tonnes of paper,pens, ink - stuff i won't ever use and take a photos with it all.

Great stuff stationary.

3. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I like things you can store said stationary in (among other things).

I found this awesome shop yesterday called 'Smiggle', I ended up spending over 75 dollars on a bunch of multicoloured boxes and tins for my art gear, makeup and cds... I also bought this neat little alarm clock about the size of a rubix cube which tells you the time, temperature and date depending on what side you place it on. I thought it was most amusing, hahaha, :-D

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

BTW - it's stationery. Stationary is an adjective meaning not in motion.

I tend to browse stationery stores and sections, but rarely buy apart from necessary supplies. I'm a software engineer, and I never go anywhere without a pen in my pocket. I'm particular about the pens I use, so when I find one I like, I buy a couple dozen at a time.

But my pens last a long time, because my handwriting is so atrocious.

5. zingsho

zingsho New Member

oops! i always write "stationary".....:p
    I love colours......i have lots of colourful pens...green,purple,golden,neon and sparkles..
    I have lots of pens and pencils with me whenever i go to class and i lose half of them everyday.....And A4 size paper is my ultimate (loose notebook) where i can write or doodle...even draw...

6. becca

Sorry about the mispelt word. I do that lots and lots. Thank God for spell checkers!

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i've always loved browsing office supply stores!... and have been addicted to nifty paper and writing products for as long as i can remember...

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Spell checkers would not rescue you in this case. You replaced one word with another valid word, just not correct for this context.

9. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

Hahaha, I actually was coming here to point out the whole stationery thing! Only reason I know is because I used to get a big kick out of stationery sets as a kid/young teenager. I would be perfectly pleased with them as presents for Christmas or my birthday. I just liked having so many different kinds of pretty paper and notepads and neat pens and other writing supplies.

...these days, not so much. Don't get me wrong, sometimes when I see a really cool one, I get tempted to buy. Then I just remind myself, WTF would I even NEED it for? Back in the day I didn't need any of them, I just thought they were nice-looking. That was enough reason. Nowadays, I just can't justify buying any. I'd hardly use it. I'm all computer now, baby. Only time I even use pen + paper is at the office, and it's on official government forms and what not. There's no place for lavender flowery sheets of paper...... NO PLACE AT ALL!

/being dramatic

10. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I used to cream myself over Posca(sp) (Ink paint pen thing) They used too come in dozens of colours from gold, silver, white, black, purple, fluro red etc etc. And cost and arm and a leg each..

That was in the 90's as a kid. I saw them the other day under glass..... I was with my girlffiend, and creamed myself all over again....

[​IMG]
    By speedyjjj at 2009-03-10

I'm buying as many as i can next week, in case they go out of fashion.

11. becca

LOL
    One of the reasons I posted this thread was well, to share my love of all things STATIONERY!

Also, to see if it was a issue with all writers. Kind of a draw to writers, as it were. Seems to be true. :)

12. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Stationery is one of my favorite things in the world. Seriously, I got a job at Office Max because I love office supplies so much. I went through a really depressed period, and every time I started to get really down, I would go buy a notebook or a pack of pens or something to cheer myself up. And my first year of college I took a writing class, and we were supposed to write a poem about something we felt strongly about...and I wrote about paper.

13. becca

That is cool. Writing on paper about paper... Did you get a good grade?

14. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

1. Ewwwwww
    2. And of course, you used them for entirely innocent purposes....>? Ne'er a bus window tagged....>?

I like certain types of stationery - usually purple, glittery things. And gel pens. Ooh, and little sticky notes that I can stamp with things and write memos on.

And gold stars.

15. star_fire

star_fire New Member

i used to be obsessed with stationary. but then i would loose the sets or simply wouldn't be able to afford it. now i make my own stationary by sketching pictures around the edges of my work. :)

but gel pens are always good :D

16. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I did :) My teacher thought it was a really unique idea.