1. psychedelicangel

psychedelicangel New Member

Body Art

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by psychedelicangel, Feb 1, 2010.

Deleting all my posts, thanks for reading.

2. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

I had my ears pierced when I was 4, and I've just talked my mum and dad into letting me get my bellybutton done for my 15th.

I love tattoos, but I agree, they can look really trashy in some places.

I don't agree with plastic surgery unless it is for medical purposes like my auntie.

Henna tattoos look amazing when done by a pro, the only thing is you have to be careful if you dye your hair because you can't use certain hair dyes after you get a Henna tattoo done

3. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

I've had my ears pierced for years. During my early twenties I gauged them to a 0 gauge, and had my hair dyed all sorts of funky colors. I have one tattoo at the moment, a triple triquetra on my left shoulder. I do plan to get a few more tattoos before I'm too old. :)

I did have my tongue pierced for like a week. It sucked, my tongue swelled, and I took it out. Haven't had much of a desire to get anything else pierced.

4. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

I have 7 piercings, all in my ears. :p

Plus, I have two tattoos. I have a gecko on my right bicep that is half skeleton, with red on the bones to make it look bloody. :D

I also have a red, white, and blue ribbon on the top of my left breast. It's a 9-11 commemorative ribbon tattoo. A local guy designed it and gave it to you if you donated so much money to the Red Cross right after 9-11 happened. So, a lot of people in my area have one. Including my hubby. :p

I would love to get more tattoos. They are addicting. Not much into getting more piercings though. I'm pretty comfortable with what I have.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I wrote a story called body art. Though it wasn't about this, exactly...

Anyway, I have no tattoos, piercings, or plastic surgery, and of the three, the former is the only one I'd consider. But I find it a bit daunting having something permanently written on your body. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to decide on something I'd be comfortable with.

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Six tattoos (one on each calf, three kanjis on my spinal column and a large, stylized manta ray on my lumbar)

3 piercings of the other-than-earlobes kind. (an industrial in my right ear and the other two... not the right venue to mention.)

No plastic surgery, but I am pricing getting my eyes done.

7. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I have one custom tattoo on my upper back and three ear piercings in each ear. I want another tattoo. I had it sketched out and I am going to have it done this summer. It will be on my back as part of the one I already have. :)

I am all for plastic surgery, I do think I will have a little work done as time takes over my body. ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't do ink, and cannot envision myself getting any elective cosmetic surgeries. I used to have pirced ears (5 on my left ear, 1 on my right), but I let them close up a few years agoi.

Ink is too permanent to suit me. What might seem wonderful today can become embarassingly wrong in a decade or two.

9. writewizard

writewizard New Member

I don't have anything piereced or tattoed, although I like tattos. Pirecings - if done well - are cool. I had my ears piereced when they were yougner and they swelled up so no desire again. Lol.

That being said, I worked at summer camp last summer where "the cool thing" was to either get your ears piereced, double pierced, or get a tatto with someone you barley knew that matched. Very few people walked over there without a tatoo. I think the kitchen staff remained unscathed, which was where I worked. It was almost as if we all decided not to get a tatto (although that was probably 'cuz two of them were underage, one of them was me and I didn't want too, and the other one just probably got one done without us knowing.)

10. lessa

lessa New Member

just remember one thing when contemplating a tatoo.
    your body shape changes as you age.
    that cute little butterfly will look pretty strange when you have gained weight while pregnant and then change back into the same size you were.
    sort of like the cartoons you could print on that plastic elastic blob that used to come in an egg.
    and the name of the one and only who suddenly isn't the one and only anymore could cause problems.

just thought of the name of the stuff. silly putty.

11. Wreybies

Ha! :D

When I was at university, there was a girl in my physical anthropology class who had a delightful ring of dolphins swimming around her naval.

Mistake. :redface:

12. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    My body has flat-out rejected every single peircing I've ever had.

My ear piercings grew blisters and were painful for years before they finally settled down, and even now I can't wear anything but real silver or gold because the plastic ones set off an infection/ inflamation.

My belly button peircing turned into an abcess almost immediately and looked/felt horrible. It was so sore and painful, and even though I washed it in salt water and used surgical spirit 3x daily, it still had to be taken out.

My eyebrow peircing never healed, and was sore for the whole time I had it. That grew out within a month, and I now have a lovely little scar there. =/

So yeah, peircings are pointless with me. At the same time, though, I don't like them so much - excessive peircings just look so stupid and samey. It's like - what's so different about hundreds of people with the same peircings through their cheeks and god knows where else?

I love artwork, so naturally I love professional tattoos, but only by genuinely fantastic artists. I love bright floral designs, Art Nouveau, aswell as pinup and cartoon. Some tattoos look so cheap and tacky that I wonder how these people even make business...it's almost as if it isn't the art that matters, but more the having a tattoo that counts.

Anyway, it might look beautiful for a while, but i'm pretty sure i'd get bored of it. What happens when you run out of space?

I'd rather just have the beautiful artwork on my wall, personally. Plus I don't like the idea of self-expression through tattoos...it's kinda of like saying, 'this is all there is to me - and you can see it all in pictures'. Expression of a loved one that died, or something symbolic that you like to be reminded of can be lovely though.

Anyway, my skin's so fair and overly sensative that i'm sure my body would somehow reject the ink aswell =/.

13. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

^ my sis can only wear real silver or gold in her ears as well, everything else will give her infections. i can wear anything though ;) so luck on me there.

i only have my ears pierced, just the once.

i could never do tatoos because i change my mind waaaaay too much. i do love henna though. my boyfriend gave me a few cute henna designs in the philippines, but i can't find the right henna stuff here in the states.

i love the henna done for weddings. beautiful :)

14. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

I’ve had people get tattoos of some things I’ve drawn. My uncle had me do a lion eating a crab. I always planned on getting a tattoo myself, but never did. I think I’m glad since my taste has changed quite a bit.

15. psychedelicangel

psychedelicangel New Member

Deleting all my posts, thanks for reading.

16. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I have four piercings, but it's just my ears double pierced. I'm hoping to get my cartilage done one of these days, but I dont have much desire to pierce anything else, except maybe a triple piercing on my ears.

For a long time I wanted to pierce my nose, but everyone has that, and after seeing my friend get his eyebrow pierced (and all the time it took to clean it), I decided against that too. I want to keep all sharp objects away from my tongue and lips. :D

I think I am going to get my first tattoo over Spring Break. I'm excited. :) I said I think because my mind changes all the time. However, I've had this particular design in mind for nearly a year now, so. We'll see.

I'm not much for cosmetic surgery in the traditional sense (boob job, nose job, liposuction), but honestly I am considering it for a few facial blemishes. I have three small freckles / moles to the right of my lip and one slightly larger one on the right side of my chin. While former model Cindy Crawford was discovered for her beauty mark, my own make me horribly, horribly unhappy.

17. Wreybies

Here's me the day I got the industrial done. It's a bizzare picture of me in that my face looks unusually asymmetrical. It was the strange smile I was doing and trying to pose. Camera's don't care for me too much.

[​IMG]

As for it hurting. Yeah. Oh HELL, yeah. It hurt. Two piercings in the same sitting, of course. One for each side. It was pain, then a strange bloom of heat which was unexpected, and then back to pain.