1. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Strange Inspiration

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by GuardianWynn, Jul 9, 2015.

No secret us writers usually are inspired by something. I think sometimes we don't even notice it. I was curious if anyone wanted to share the ideas that you feel came from the strangest place, what ever that may have been. I got a few I wanted to share. :D

1. One of my girls was inspired by the seven deadly sin lust. Yet she way outgrew that. So much so that it is hard for people to see how she was ever even connected to it.

2. A really cool plot concept which was inspired by thinking the logical conclusions of what a character was wearing. So designing a picture of a character changed the plot in a positive way! I thought that was strange since normally I would be on the boat of thinking appearances don't mean much.

So what are your guys strangest? Or which ones poke out to you the most?

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I'm not sure if it's the inspiration, the story it inspired or the connection between the two, that is strange, but I'll mention it anyway. To put it simple, a girl in my class inspired (by not doing or saying anything in particular) a first-person story about a young couple on their way to some holiday resort. Midway there (which is where the story starts), the plane breaks down and crashes straight into the ocean.

Okay, maybe it's just me being mad or something... :wtf:

3. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

Mad? Why mad?

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Um, I dunno about you all, but I'm usually inspired by what I do in video games.

For example, in Grand Theft Auto V, I was walking around the desert area as Michael deSanta. He wore black boots, denim blue jeans, a thick black turtleneck with matching trench coat and black aviator boots. His hairstyle was a mullet and a scruffy beard. He's walking down the railroad track with the sun to his back and the sand being kicked up by his footsteps. He climbed up some rocks to discover an alien artifact (one of the collectibles in the game). My thought was, ‘Woah, this would make a cool story!’ I then attempt to maneuver him off the rocks only to have him fall over the edge onto his face and roll the rest of the way down.

A clumsy badass living in the desert who stumbles upon an alien artifact? THIS STORY MUST HAPPEN!!! *starts to write it immediately* Mine, no stealing please. :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    izzybot, GuardianWynn and Shbooblie like this.
  5. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

The little girl in the short story I'm currently writing -- which was supposed to be for the short story competition, into the woods, but I didn't submit it before the deadline -- reminds me of a little girl who was abducted and murdered a couple of years back in Wales. I'm usually not one to care about the news and what not, but I remember there was something about that event that really got to me. Anyway, the little girl in my story isn't so much based on that, but it reminds me of it a lot, so it's been quite an emotional roller-coaster writing it.

GuardianWynn likes this.
  6. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

I guess the strangest one I've got is from badly written fiction, in that I'll read a piece and think well if that made it to the publisher let's see if I can do any better! I also get inspiration through 'method writing' like having things in front of me that my character would own as well. It's may not seem directly like inspiration, but I class it as such as it always seems to get me typing away!

GuardianWynn likes this.