1. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Member

In search of McNuggets

Discussion in 'Research' started by DoctorDoom, May 3, 2016.

I have a problem.

I'm writing a short story, in the vein of soylent green and my intro is going to be a description of the MC eating chicken nuggets. This character loves mc nuggets. Mc nuggets are their favorite food. Problem is I'm vegetarian and haven't had a chicken nugget in six years. I don't remember what they taste like other than cruncy on the outside, juicy on the inside, umami and slightly metallic in the way all meat is. That and salt and grease.

I need the description to do a number of things.

1: last uncomfortably long, to the point that it starts to stray into purple prose and becomes slightly off putting towards the tail end of it.

2: Be so over the top and descriptive that a vegetarian would have to fight the urge to drive to McDonalds and buy all the chicken nuggets.

3: Become creepy only after you finish reading it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Descriptors?

(Aside from eating a chicken nugget, I already thought of that thanks.)

Sifunkle likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    My you have walked yourself into a conundrum. :supergrin:Well I will take a stab at it for ya, cause animals taste so darn good.:superlaugh:

Salivating at the smell of the delicious little breaded chunks of tender chicken being crisply heated in a deep fat fryer. The golden drops of hot oil drip off the golden brown morsels, as they set a moment to be more crisp and less oily. The grease stains the box as I open the heavenly scented and lightly salted tenders. Mouth watering as I open the small container of barbecue sauce, and dip the end of a crispy chicken into the dipping sauce. The tangy, salty, greasy nugget lovingly washes over my eager taste buds, as I chew on the soft and crunchy treat. Savoring the tangy, salty goodness, a sigh of contentment escapes me. Dipping the remaining half of the nugget into the sauce, and savoring it as well. My mouth has gone to heaven, as I enjoy the simple treat. Peering into the box with hunger and lust at the 19 deep fried chicken chunks waiting their turn to be eaten. They brilliant golden brown beaming back, and their greasy breading beckons my nostrils affectionately. They tempt me so, and I cannot resist the salty tender little morsels. I must have another, as I reach for the second one licking my lips in anticipation of how delicious it will be. After repeating the small ritual of bathing it in sauce, I delight in its simple satisfying flavors. Oh how I love you little nuggets, you are so tasty. The world around me does not exist beyond me and these delightful little treats. They taste so good, and I cannot stop myself from feasting on them. The only regret I have in eating them, is that they will soon be gone. Pushing aside the negative, I have another tender morsel doused in tangy sauce. A smile on my face as I slowly eat the remaining 18 nuggets, that are all to happy to oblige me in devouring their crispy tender little bodies.

Damn now I want to go and get some of these little bastards. Not going to drive to town to get them though. :supergrin: Well I hope you find this helpful in your quest to have a seductive take on chicken nuggets. :supergrin: They do kinda beg you to eat them don't they?:superlaugh:

ChickenNuggets.jpg

3. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

This seems relevant. This character kinda reminds me of Walky from Dumbing of Age. As for describing a chicken nugget,seems CT got it covered. I will say that, there`s a sensation when you get the box, the smell the aroma wafting up to you tingling you`r senses. The hot warmth of the box, the depression that sets in when the last one disappears. Don`t focus solely on the taste, iif he`s that obsessed the entire process of buying it would a sensation.

Lifeline and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    @Kinzvlle Didn't your mother tell you it's not nice to tease.:superlaugh:

Kinzvlle likes this.