Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klk.yangon

klk.yangon Member

Struggling

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by klk.yangon, Aug 15, 2011.

Been writing since I was twelve, a knock on the laptop, a hundred words a day, seven days a week, well-nigh four frigging years, this year - the worst - I am equally convinced I should give up the whole dream.

Wrote ten books since "The Big Inspiration", unfinished (of course), indulge in computer games and friends and fantasies( you know it), at every page thirty I say "Not good enough", and the books get forgotten.

First book - I wrote about were-wolves. Jest, "My name is Tom Hankens, and I always knew I had super powers" that was my first sentence ever.

Now writing long sentences of nothingness, of which the plots I totally lack control - war, woe, love, realism, existentialism, bohemians. Lost, right now. My friend helped, saying : "These sound crap."

Remedy?

2. Gryphonboy

Gryphonboy Member

A warm summers day. A nice field in the country. A mountain of shrooms and then some speed for when you sit down to write about the stories that came into your mind. :)

3. CottonCandi

CottonCandi Active Member

Keep writing no matter what. We all have felt that way and yet for some crazy reason we continue on. It's in our blood and there is nothing you can do about it, lol.

Perhaps try writing a short story first. If it is not good enough after the first few chapters, start another one and another one until it is. Good luck and know you are not alone in this crazy writing world of ours.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We already habe a Writer's Block thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.