1. CSwolery

CSwolery New Member

Finding Collaborators (or Something Like Them)

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by CSwolery, Oct 28, 2011.

In trying to write (mostly failing) over the past few years, I've often come to the conclusion that I need someone to write with me. In the last few months, I've found I don't need a full collaborator, nor do I really want one. The words flow pretty easily from me, even in typing it all down...but I cannot write alone. I do not know what you call it, but I need someone to be there as I write, just to be there. I don't need any help on flow, or plotting or usually word choice, I just need to know I'm not alone. I think based on the progress that I've made, I don't need that person to be physically there. Whatever this person is called, I'd like to get one through an online chat program, preferably facebook but I can be flexible. If someone's already gonna be spending a few hours on the computer anyway, it'd be nothing at all to be on standby for me just in case. And with it being chat, no travel is involved and schedules should be as flexible as they can get.

Would anybody be willing to help me? I can probably work on a schedule of your choosing. I literally can't write otherwise.

2. Timothy Giant

Timothy Giant New Member

Hi CSwolery,

I'd be willing to do that. Seems like a lot of fun!
    I'll try and pm my Facebook-info, but I've not yet successfully figured out how to do that... >_>

3. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

like a writing coach? I think there are several out there.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i mentor aspiring writers of all breeds, so feel free to drop me a line if you want to explore having a mentor...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com