1. Gobbas

Gobbas New Member

Style and formatting sources

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Gobbas, Mar 12, 2013.

Hello everyone,

I do hope I am posting this in the right area, but it seemed like the most fitting one.

I am currently writing an essay about formatting in literature, more specifically dialogue formatting. The issue I have come across though is that it is easy to find what is considered the correct way of doing it (new line etc.) but not from any reputable sources that would be usable for an essay, mainly blogs and random websites can be found. I would have expected to find proper articles on this subject.

Also I am looking for articles about how our brain reacts/works when reading and why formatting is so important. I know I have read articles on this subject, but now I can find none.

Anyone have any ideas, tips or pointers?

Thank you.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

When must the essay be handed it?

3. Gobbas

Gobbas New Member

It has to be in end of the month/ early next month depending on a couple of scheduling decisions we are not privy to yet.

4. Sanjuricus

Sanjuricus Active Member

I just googled "dialogue grammar in literature" and got loads of hits from credible, citable sources (in amongst the not so credible!).

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i suspect cog's question was meant to determine if this is a school assignment, gobbas...

because site rules do not allow members to ask for or provide help to students with classwork...

6. Gobbas

Gobbas New Member

Ah I see, must have missed that when I signed up. I apologise about my error.