1. Protar

Protar Active Member

world building forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Protar, Oct 25, 2011.

So as an aspiring fantasy writer I enjoy worldbuilding and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Does anyone else think a worldbuilding subforum might be good for those who want to iron out the details of their settings? Or is it unnecessary?

2. tristan.n

tristan.n Active Member

I think having a section for improving any kind of setting would be nice. When I try to create a world, I feel like I either don't write enough about it or I get too descriptive; I can't find that perfect balance. So yes, I think it's a great idea!

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

I have to second this idea, but I'm going to elaborate mildly:

As tristan.n said, a section for settings would be good, so a "Setting Development" Forum is my suggestion. I'm actually in the business of developing a world for a fan-game right now (like, right this minute basically, except I'm just checking some internet stuff :p) so this is something I'd be into. Treat it similarly to Plot Creation and Character Development, but it's for the large-scale development of settings; post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, fantasy all in particular, but also normal stuff like Anytown, America and all that sort of stuff.

4. Protar

Protar Active Member

Thanks for the feedback and yeah I agree it should be more general than just fantasy specific, epic scale world building.

5. Pink-Angel-1992

Pink-Angel-1992 Active Member

It would be a great addition. I'm current creating my own fantasy planet for the story I've decided to plan; a section for creating worlds (and plot settings) would be wonderful for advice and help where and if I needed it (or to help others creating worlds and developing their setting).

6. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I would like this too. Have you been told anything by any of the mods about it?