1. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributing Member Contributor

Success Story: Possible Magazine Publication

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by zoupskim, May 4, 2016.

I have been chosen by my command to write a short essay on the history of the Marine non-commissioned officer, their role and affect on the modern battlefield in the age of the "Three Block War.", and the challenges they face in the future. Our company commander said he was "very pleased" that I am the one writing it.

If my essay meets with our battalion commander's approval it will be submitted to the Marine Corps Gazette & Leatherneck Magazines for possible publication

It's not a completed novel or a book deal, and anything I come up with still has at least three levels of editing and vetting to pass, but just to be the one my unit chose for this assignment really means something to me. I wanted to share this news with all you other writers. You inspire me to seek mastery of my favorite art form, and it is paying off. No exaggeration.

2. tonguetied

tonguetied Contributing Member Contributor

Give it your best effort! Seems like your writing skills have been noticed so congratulations on that and keep up the great work. Also thank you for your service to our country and IMO the world.

zoupskim likes this.
  3. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

That is very good news! Congrats!

zoupskim likes this.
  4. Raven484

Raven484 Contributing Member

Great Job and good luck. Ex-Navy here. Didn't realize todays Marines could read let alone write. Nail it and post it here when your finished.

zoupskim likes this.
  5. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributing Member Contributor

Hehe,

Well, I was recovering from our weekly company brawl, and they had a "english for dummies" book in the hospital. One thing led to another...

tonguetied likes this.