1. onlineonslaught

onlineonslaught New Member

Summer Writing Competition

Discussion in 'Writing Contests' started by onlineonslaught, May 9, 2007.

I am not sure if this post is appropriate in this sub-forum or not, but I wanted to invite everyone to join in Online Onslaught, the summer writing competition I host. This is the fifth year it has been running and everyone really enjoys it.

I love writing and esp love reading/writing/feedback to others. You can read the rules and sign up at

http://oo5.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading and I am sorry if this is considered spam or is in the wrong place. I get NO MONEY for doing this (but instead offer a cash prize!) and I am just an individual and have no advertising :)

2. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

best of luck to it this year!

What's the theme, is there any?

3. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I'd love to do it, but I can't sign up because I'm not a member of blogspot. Can you PM me your e-mail address, and I can sign up that way?

4. onlineonslaught

There isn't really a theme except the prompts but those change every year. You can see some of the work by going to last year's Onslaught.

http://oofour.blogspot.com/

Then click on any of the TKO's on the far right. There the responses are all listed and the most popular received an *.

You can email me at misshb AT gmail DOT com.

But you don't have to have a blogger account to signup, you can just say you are anonymous. But emailing me to signup is fine.

5. Myst

Myst Active Member

I still don't really understand how it works, the prompts and all that....?

6. onlineonslaught

There are detailed rules posted on the website, but basically, it is modeled after Survivor.

Each week everybody writes a response to the prompt. Players (as well as non-player readers) vote for their least favorite responses. The contestants with the most votes are removed from the game.

It is UNLIKE Survivor in that there is no alliances or strategic choice to make. Instead, people vote, anonymously, for the responses that appealed the least to them.

There are other elements that foster feedback as well through out the game.

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Just wondering: did anybody else on here sign up to part in this competition?

I know that we're not allowed to know each other's identities if you have and we've all been given names, but i'm sure it doesn't matter if we know that we're one of those names somewhere... hope you understand what I mean :p

8. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I did, but when I tried to e-mail her about the fact that I wouldn't be there for the prompt, and what should I do, she never responded, so I think I just got kicked out. >.>