1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Super Stuff Animal Comedy

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by MilesTro, May 30, 2008.

I came up an idea for a screenplay idea about a group of stuff animals, who become super heroes. They're called Super Fluffs. And their villain is an evil stuff bear named Evil Panda. Before I can think of the story, I have a problem. I'm having trouble trying to figure out what makes the stuff animals come to life and give them super powers. Something orignal, which never been done before. And I don't know what goal Evil Panda wants. What do you think?:confused:

2. Al B

Al B New Member

A big problem straight away is inevitable comparisons with two movies: Kung Fu Panda (for obvious reasons) and Toy Story (also for obvious reasons), but that aside, it might be cool.

I think it's probably one of the few occasions where the cliche 'and I woke up and it was all a dream' might actually work if you give it a twist, in that you could have the story be the dream of the child who owns the toys, and perhaps have the bad toys as the ones belonging to a kid he doesn't get along with, maybe even a brother or sister. That's actually not too dissimilar to the treatment Disney gave to the Winnie the Pooh stories, but hey, if it works, then it works, but beware the 'a little bit of this' and 'a pinch of that' way of doing things, because then you end up with Eragon.

Al

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

I was thinking the Super Fluffs live at a toy store in New York City. They are only displays in the front window. What if the toy store owner found some kind of crystal from outer space, which brought the stuff animals and dolls to life? That probably is done too much.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Are you sure about the Evil Panda? Panda's don't really conjure up images of evilness and the only way I can really see it is to associate Evil Panda's evilness with some bad old-school stereotypes concerning people of Asian decent. Not a good look.

5. Al B

Al B New Member

A toy bear brought to life by something from outer space is the premise of Super Ted, but, if you want to use that, there's nothing stopping you I guess.

Al

6. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

One of the super stuff animals is a teddy bear. My brother came up with Evil Panda. Oh and Super Ted came to life by cosmic dust.