Tags:
  1. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

Survey....lets get to know each other a bit better

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by poetryliberates, Nov 28, 2006.

Hey there all, i just thought i would create a wee survey so we can find out all the nitty gritty details of each other, no im not being nosey, i just like to meet new people, especially if you are giving me nice comments on my poems :rolleyes: .
    so just copy n paste into a new page n change the answers to your own.
    Dont feel like you have to answer all of the questions

NAME(your real name, the one your mother gave you!): Nikki Read
    NICKNAME: Nik
    INTERESTS: v8 supercars, motox, writing, reading
    HOBBIES: writing and fishing
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE(please, describe your humble abode): i live in a small dust town in Western Aus called Carnarvon, home of the lunch box banana...shame
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you):im a sometimes over bubbly, emotional, compassionate young woman, who loves her friends and family very much
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?:i want to lead a happy life, find a job i love so i never have to work a day in my life, have children, and give them everything i never had as a child..like..a happy family
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: sorry.. x rated
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID:ariella knows this one.. the first time i ever drank alcohol, 4 cans of midstrength later i was running up and down the street kissing power poles, and trying to swim in the fishpond
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP:ha hah a, we were 13, he was cute, but he slapped me in the face at school so i punched him and dumped him...sound fair?
    GREATEST PAIN: falling out of love
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: love
    THING YOU HATE MOST: love
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: quotes, i like quotes...
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: sure has, the feedback i get here is really helping...i hope..well i think so
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?:sure am, many thanks to the administrators

and finally

THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE:
    well as i said, i like quotes, my signature is actually 3 seperate quotes, that were written in my book, and i realised, that all gelled together one after another, they made sence..

2. RedMatrix

RedMatrix New Member

I think it best to give a little code here, to help people fill in the blanks...

Code:
    [NOPARSE]
    [B]NAME: [/B]
    [B]NICKNAME:[/B]
    [B]AGE:[/B] 
    [B]INTERESTS:[/B] 
    [B]HOBBIES:[/B]  
    [B]WHERE DO YOU LIVE [/B](please, describe your humble abode): 
    [B]ABOUT YOURSELF[/B](a few words to describe you): 
    [B]WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?:[/B] 
    [B]MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: [/B] 
    [B]FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: [/B]
    [B]YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP:[/B] 
    [B]GREATEST PAIN:[/B] 
    [B]THING YOU LOVE MOST:[/B] 
    [B]THING YOU HATE MOST: [/B]
    [B]WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: [/B] 
    [B]HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?:[/B] 
    [B]ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?[/B] 
    [B]THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: [/B][/NOPARSE]

NAME: David
    NICKNAME:RedMatrix
    INTERESTS: Poker, Computers, painting, poetry
    HOBBIES: poker, computers, domaining
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE : In my parent's house
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I'm fun, intelligent & people like me
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: To have a family
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Don't remember!
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: too embarassing
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: 15
    GREATEST PAIN: Losing my crush before I told her
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: technology
    THING YOU HATE MOST: analog
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Life, the universe, everything
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: to do what?
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Sure Am
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: What siggy?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

NAME: maia
    NICKNAME: mammamaia [on forums/boards]
    INTERESTS: observing the human race and the mess they've made of their lives/world...
    HOBBIES: n/a
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE : anywhere on the planet i happen to be at the moment, as a global house/pet-sitter... currently in hesperia, california on a 3-5 year house-only gig...
    ABOUT YOURSELF: writer/philosopher/mentor
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: i only dream when i sleep... conscious dreaming is as useless as 'hope'...
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: who knows?... at my age, superlatives are relative...
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: ditto
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: with my mother, upon birth, silly! ;-)
    GREATEST PAIN: ditto repy re superlatives...
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: aside from my 7 children and 18 [so far!] grandchildren, the natural beauty of earth and the universe, wherever untouched by mankind...
    THING YOU HATE MOST: violence committed by any human against any fellow living creature...
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: [to do what?]
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?:n/a... i only come here [and to other writers' forums] to be helpful...
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?not especially... should i be?...
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: should be fairly obvious for anyone, since the source of quotes other than one's own must be cited... read mine and you'll see where it came from...

4. Peter

Peter New Member

NAME: Peter
    NICKNAME: Pete
    INTERESTS: reading, writing, football, procrastination
    HOBBIES: reading, writing, football, procrastination
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE : Glasgow, Scotland. It's not as violent a city as some make out, but its people are not as inviting either.
    ABOUT YOURSELF: sometimes quiet, sometimes loquacious. I can also sometimes go over the top with my altruism, but that's down to my being the oldest in my family.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: write a novel and short story collection, have a family
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I fainted the first time I got a BJ!
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: as above
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: 18
    GREATEST PAIN: when I was a kid a girl kicked me in the nutts. sore!
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: sex
    THING YOU HATE MOST: the English/British class structure, especially its racist views on working class people and their language, including my own, which is Scots. Ah cany stand it, ye know whit Ah mean.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: birth, death, the wee bits in between.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?:yep. It's given me a reason to study literature, rather than just write: I need to know what I'm talking about if I'm criting someone's work.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?: so so. It's still young.
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: it's from a James Kelman short story, called "Gardens Go On Forever".

5. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

NAME: Matt Kirk
    NICKNAME: Captain Kirk
    INTERESTS: Friends (the ones I have now, and making new ones), graphics design, other good stuff.
    HOBBIES: Writing, drawing, hanging out, making people laugh.
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE: It's got... walls, and... a door.
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I love to be around people,
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: I'm thinking about the possibility of becoming a video game developer. That is, if I can't get a job as a Beta Tester, where I would do nothing but play video games all day, and get paid for it.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Embarassment is a worthless emotion.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Took advantage of the situation when some girl I didn't know thought I was the French foreign exchange student.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: Ended fast.
    GREATEST PAIN: Having somebody close to you die.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: That random inspirational thought that hits you at the most random moments.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: Being alone.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Everything.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Yeah.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? It's pretty good.
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: n/a

6. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    NAME: Shee
    INTERESTS: Poetry, life, motocross, guys (of course), retail therapy
    HOBBIES: Poetry
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): It is a big bright blue house, reminds me of a giant smurf really.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I am a very shy quiet person, well I'm slowly coming outta my sheel a bit. I have 2 beautiful children girl and boy and I have just become a single mum and it's scarey as hell. I use having blonde hair as an excuse for everything I do wrong and I love being around people even if I don't know them or speak to them, beats being alone.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: To find the right person to settle down with who will accept the fact that I have children and love them like they were his own and also to get my poetry published.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT:
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Uh it'd have to be the same of the above.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: Yeah lets just say you really don't wanna know bout that.
    GREATEST PAIN: The greatest pain I've ever been through was the loss of my little brother, hope no one else goes through this it really destroys your soul and being told you have to stand back and watch your mother die and there's nothing you can do.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST:Labour pain, my children and family, poetry, life and my VK commodore my little brother gave it to me.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: My children's father, being alone, watching someone die and when my computer starts playing up and eating my poetry.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: life itself, everything really from a grain of sand to the stars at night.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Yeah everyone here's so sweet :)
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Yeah :)
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: It came from a song a friend wrote for me when I was 18 called "Nothing DOne" I think that's what it was called.

7. Felony

Felony New Member

"GREATEST PAIN: when I was a kid a girl kicked me in the nutts. sore!
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: sex"

quoted from Peter

That's my kinda guy...just like me..*sniff* so proud...althoug you have to admit gettin kicked in the balls hurt one heck of alot. I would be on the ground cryin....it make me hurt thinkin about it.

8. Felony

Felony New Member

MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Well running down the street naked screaming out happy new year would have to be the most embarressing moment of my life.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Uh it'd have to be the same of the above.

I can't believe i missed it!!!!!

9. ariella

ariella New Member

blah

10. Felony

Felony New Member

NAME: Thomas Edington Heichelbech
    NICKNAME:Felony
    AGE: 21...it changes depending on my mood I'm really 16..I like to feel growed up. :p
    INTERESTS: Hot girls, Videogames, Eragon, Poetry
    HOBBIES: Poetry, Making people angry, being a loving person
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE : In my parent's house
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I'm fun in many way..eh hem anyway I want to find the love of my life and become rich but not filthy rich. I'm laid back kinda guy i chill with the girls when they aren't mad @ me. And tolerate the bull i get from my parents and teachers. I love poetry but I can't bust a rhyme worth poop.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: Be rich and have a nice loving caring wife..I will cook for and clean for..and go to work all she has to do is look pretty and be there when i'm lonely.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I have lot's.. I could make a book bigger than a dictionary out of all of them. hmmm let's see Ranting and raving at some1 who was in my way at school...or running into a telephone pole while talking to my used to be GF, or falling head first into a trash can that had gooey yucky blech in it...I really need to watch were i go.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: I did a crazy dance on the Football field at school and got smacked in the head with a ball and fall headfirst into the feild goal pole
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: 14
    GREATEST PAIN: losing a girlfriend
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Girls
    THING YOU HATE MOST: Know it alls and bossy people
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: myself
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: to socialize yes.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Hells yeah
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: Long story

11. ariella

ariella New Member

Ok you really do need to watch where you are going, but then agaib without clumsy people like you around the rest of us won't have anyone to laugh at.

12. Frost

Frost Active Member

NAME: Mitchell John Clark Waugh
    NICKNAME: Mitch/Mate/big red love machine
    INTERESTS: everything
    HOBBIES: writing, watercolour painting, art in general, singing, soccer, cricket(more of an aspriring profession) drums(same again), soccer
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE: I live in a small wind-swept, outrageously hot in summer, outrageously cold in winter, middle-of-nowhere, drugfucked and alcohol abused gang ruled town in the middle of the NT, Australia; Alice Springs.
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I have violent mood swings. Im told im somewhat arrogant. I love music. I evoke my rage and wrath in sport, drums, and music. I evoke all my feelings in painting. I am cool
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: i want to play drums professionally. i want to write professionally. i want to paint...but not professinoally, not yet. I will go to uni, if not just for the sake of learning.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: i dont get embarrased
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: anything i do generally gets alot of laughs, especially when im being a smart arse...
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: went for three months, and was fine but i got over it.
    GREATEST PAIN: breaking my arm, on the corner of a soccer pole. the third time was probably worse, but i was k.o that time.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: anything. im easy
    THING YOU HATE MOST: nothing. INCREASE THE PEACE
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: i do. and music. i am an inspiration to myself.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: not to much just yet, but i havent posted much.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?:sure am, many thanks to the administrators

i dont have one. i might make it INCREASE THE PEACE

13. Nexus

Nexus New Member

NAME: Alex John Clout (real name undisclosed)

NICKNAME: Fairy Penguin, asshole (others undisclosable)

INTERESTS: moan.....Cars, Fantasy, Science, Sose, English, computer, consoles, ETC.

HOBBIES: Games Workshop games, Dungeons and Dragons, Computer gaming, Soccer, writing ETC.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Brisbane, Australia. I live in a really nice two storey home in the suburbs. Ever heard of Australand?

ABOUT YOURSELF: I have violent mood swings. Im told im somewhat arrogant. I love music. I evoke my rage and wrath in sport, drums, and music. I evoke all my feelings in painting. I am cool

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: I want to help people. My dream is to "help as many as possible as much as possible"
    I want to become a politician and become Prime Minister. (A bit wishful considering my age)

MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I have a weak lower bowel. I had a very long trip on a school camp to Moreton Island. GUESS WHAT.

FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: I use to run into glass doors....a lot.

YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: Does my mum count? I guess we count as having gotten "divorced". Nah, I havent had a girlfriend yet. Id rather best friends than boyfriend and girlfriend because we would be friends for longer. After all, its only highschool.

GREATEST PAIN: Having a metal thing shoved down the side of my badly infected toenail befire it was dissolved with acid.

THING YOU LOVE MOST: My dad.

THING YOU HATE MOST: Dont get me started.....(Stuff like Racism etc.)

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Myself mostly but I get idea's from books and movies and just my general surroundings.

HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Certainly, it tells me that these days someone cares about my writing.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?: Of course, though it is getting a little bit big for my tastes....(Just goes to show you cant have everything!)

I forgot what it is.

14. Felony

Felony New Member

LOL not like that's a bad thing.

15. Felony

Felony New Member

here here Clumsy is the srory of my life. Sometimes i don't think i could walk staright sober but if i wasdrunk i could.

16. ariella

ariella New Member

lol. You can't seriously be that bad felony.

17. ariella

ariella New Member

blah

18. Felony

Felony New Member

were u not drunk when u did this or were you getting paid??? what in the world motivated u to do that? Sounds fun but never-the-less ll to teerifying to have it on tape...well look on the bright side they haven't put it on You Tube yet.

19. Felony

Felony New Member

if only you could see me walk to school. Yes i'm that bad. I walk about as well as i skateboard. I'll die one day cuz i'll trip off a cliff and into boiling hot lava or sumthin stupid like that. Trust me it's a wonder i don't have any scars.

20. ariella

ariella New Member

blah

21. Felony

Felony New Member

Thought some1 had a little too much to drink

22. ariella

ariella New Member

Hmmmm! Skateboard do you really have a death wish, I mean if you're that bad you must have one to use a skateboard. Boiling hot lava now I've always wanted to fall into that, don't ask why just thought it'd be a kewl way to go.

23. newguy

newguy New Member

hahaha if they get that on youtube I will personally
    be the first to watch, comment and laugh at it hahaha
    sori arriella but what made you do such a thing
    you must have been very hammered to do that!

24. ariella

ariella New Member

blah

25. ariella

ariella New Member

IT'S NOT GOING ON THE TUBE OK! well at least I hope not.