Survey....lets get to know each other a bit better

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by poetryliberates, Nov 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

NAME: Torana or mommy to my kids :p
    NICKNAME: twiggy, princess, cherub
    INTERESTS: motorbikes and anything to get my hands dirty
    HOBBIES: hmmm I'd say writing and my random unusual things collection
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): Australia
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I am a very quiet and reserved person.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: get out of Australia
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I've got plenty of these so I'll just say my life in general
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: I don't know
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: grade one, I got married and we kissed cheeks and then got divorced.
    GREATEST PAIN: the birth of my son
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: my children
    THING YOU HATE MOST: arrogant egotistical people
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: my children
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: yes
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? yes
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: hah boredom I spose

2. lessa

lessa New Member

NAME: Lynda, mom to my kids gamma, mama to my grandchildren

NICKNAME:mom, momlynda

INTERESTS: writing, ceramics, reading, children

HOBBIES: wood working, ceramics, writing

WHERE DO YOU LIVE 3 bedroom 52 year old house at the top of the hill. On the shores of Lake superior

ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I am a very insecure but would love to be an outgoing person if my self esteem would allow it.

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: to be out of pain. but it ain't going to happen so I guess I am sort of living my dream.

MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT: too many to mention in public

FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: probably one of my most embarrassing moments

YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: age 4, kissing in the grapevines,

GREATEST PAIN: the lack of love from my parents and siblings

THING YOU LOVE MOST: my husband, my children, my children's family.

THING YOU HATE MOST: arrogant egotistical people

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: my children

HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: yes

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? yes this one

THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE:pern novels

3. PrincessGarnet

PrincessGarnet New Member

NAME: Michelle
    NICKNAME: Don't really have one, baby sister used to call me 'shell', at primary school i used to have the name Mitchell, i don't remember why. I tried Cordilea, but it never stuck :p
    INTERESTS: politics, although gets depressing sometimes, walking on the beach looking for treasure,
    HOBBIES: basketball (of which i am quite bad at), mountaineering, poker, reading, computer games
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): I live in St Andrews, which is quite a pretty little town next to a beach with just 3 main streets, but I live in a run down student rental and the place is a mess, but my exams are over so now i don't have an excuse for not cleaning up.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): silly, sassy, spontaneous,
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: to be a pirate :D
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Amsterdam this year was pretty embarrassing, went on a pub crawl, met a guy, crashed at his place, woke up next morning dizzy, was throwing up for hours, then he walked me to my hostel was sick on the street twice on the way back :S
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: um i do lots of silly things when on sugar or booze
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: was with Chris, who was nice, but a bit self involved and got into a lot of fights
    GREATEST PAIN: when people come into my room, and leave without shutting the door behind, i have to get up to do it, it's a pain
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: the laughter of a child :p, um no i don't know that there is one thing, just when things work and don't break down at a crucial moment. I love the bop - it's a cheesy disco
    THING YOU HATE MOST: people picking on others, i especially hate adults picking on children or teenagers. I took a lot of harassment from adults when i was a teenager simply because they just had the view that we were all trouble makers, also hated some of my teachers i had, and wish i had stood up to them, if i could go back in time i'd throw something sharp at them and tell them where to go :p
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: hearing about great things people did, makes me want to be great to, like that quote from mark twain says.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: yeah i think comments made me realise i need to work on things with fiction writing, and gave me boost when people seemed to like the play i put up.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? yeah i guess
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: i don't remember what mine is, probably hunter s thompson, or maybe not.....

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

NAME: Heather
    NICKNAME: None
    INTERESTS: Writing, reading, school, going out with mates, drinking.
    HOBBIES: Same as above, lol
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE: In a semi detached house with 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and an extension on the back.
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I’m bubbly and will talk to anyone in the world, whether you want me to or not :p I don’t like bothering people with my own problems but am a very good listener of others.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: To have a book published and people to love it. And fall truly madly deeply in love along the way.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: erm, I don’t know, I am so embarrassing if I kept track I’d have no space left in my memory for anything else. :p
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Hehe, rode about a mile on this bike. My mate Katie was giving me a crogy, we had a little dog up her jacket and I was standing on the stunt pegs with my arms wrapped round her stomach to keep the doggie in. That was a right laugh of a night.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: I was about 4 :p Me and Philip. We were together for years and years. Our parents walked back from school together when they picked us up and they would stand on the corner talking while we chased each other round the walls.
    GREATEST PAIN: New Zealand
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Having a good night out with the lasses, or lads.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: any kind of discrimination
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: honestly, J.K.Rolwing. I know it sounds really daft but it was reading her books wen I realised that I loved writing.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Unbelievable amounts.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Of course :D
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: I change it all the time and it suits whatever mood I’m currently taking.

5. Sophronia

Sophronia New Member

NAME: Sarah
    NICKNAME: Phat Kat (don't ask)
    INTERESTS: writing heh, drawing, laughing with friends, hanging with family, hugging my cat
    HOBBIES: writing stories, both long and short, drawing, skating (when it's warmer >,>)
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): in my room, with cream colored walls covered in pictures of unicorns, horses, pictures of Jesus, and a couple of dragons. My computer is in the corner, and various other objects like clothes, my bed, etc. scattered about
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): quiet, serious when I want to be, not big-headed, I try to help others in need
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: to get married and have children
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: *cough*
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: where do i start???
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: lol haven't had one yet
    GREATEST PAIN: when i got my ankle caught in the spokes of a rapidly turning bikewheel when I was five and screamed my head off because it hurt so bad; i still have a butterfly shaped scar from it
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: God
    THING YOU HATE MOST: doing something bad when I know it's wrong, then feeling guilty about it afterwards.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: God, my family, my friends, and my pets
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: yes; i love discussing writing with people!
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? yes :3
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: it started with one of my old friends (and when I made the name Phat Kat; please be aware I didn't know what "phat" meant back then), who said "I like pie" a lot, and it just stuck on me.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

NAME(your real name, the one your mother gave you!): Matthew. That's all you're getting.
    NICKNAME: Matt, Mafro, Your Imperial Majesty
    INTERESTS: Writing, reading, rowing,
    HOBBIES: Writing, thinking
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE(please, describe your humble abode): A small village filled with southern pansies.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you):I am me. A sociopath with a warped sense of morality.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?:To be happy.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Too many to mention...
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID:Again, too many to mention :p
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP:A catastrophe.
    GREATEST PAIN: Losing everything.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Kit.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: People.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Life.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Very much indeed.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?:Definitely
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE:The first part is an extract from my favourite poem. The second is a quote from my favourite TV show.

Hang on... This thread was started by Nikki...How old is it?

7. Cicero

Cicero Banned

NAME: Cole

NICKNAME: Cole ;)

INTERESTS:
    Drawing, composing, reading, writing, playing video games, taking walks, enjoying life.

HOBBIES:
    Tennis.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE:
    Winona, Mississippi. A small, ghetto town that I hope I will be able to leave very soon.

ABOUT YOURSELF: Introvert, reserved. Unless someone I relate to comes along.

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: My dreams are big. But they are not dreams, they are goals, and I am working daily to achieve them.

MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I don't really know. Haven't found anything too embarrassing.

FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Would have to think about that, and I have to go soon. Maybe I'll update this someday.

YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: Well, I'm 16, so I wouldn't consider any relationship I've had all that "real". But, when I was I think 11, I had my first "girlfriend".

GREATEST PAIN: I try not to think about those.

THING YOU LOVE MOST: Other people creating art, and being in awe of themselves at what they just did.

THING YOU HATE MOST:
    Facades.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Anything could, really.

HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Very much. A lot better than I would be if I never came here.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?: Very!

THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: I don't remember what my signature is. Guess it isn't that important.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

It is well over a year old actually Banzai. Kewl how a thread so old can be brought back to life :p:p

9. Tori

Tori New Member

NAME: Victoria
    NICKNAME: Tori, Vicky, Tors, Vickytoria.
    INTERESTS: Reading, Writing, Rock music, manga, painting.
    HOBBIES: Yoga.
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): A 3 bedroom house which I share with my mum and sister.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I went back to college this year after quitting a while ago. I'm planning on studying Japanese at Uni.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: Be happy, get some of my writing published and to visit Japan.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I try to block out all the embarassing moments! But I would have to say getting so drunk on my 21st birthday that I passed out in front of a pub in a pile of my own sick.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: I can't really think of anything.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: My first proper relationship was when I was 19 with a boy called Parker.
    GREATEST PAIN: ...
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: My family.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: weak minded people.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: To many things to list.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: A bit.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Yeah.
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: I don't have one :(

10. Sasha Stonivitch

Sasha Stonivitch New Member

NAME: Alyxandra
    NICKNAME:Sasha
    INTERESTS:video games, music, gory B-movies, and star trek
    HOBBIES: reading, playing video games, writing, making computer programs
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE: I live in a small house in a red room which is covered in posters
    ABOUT YOURSELF: I'm pretty intelligent, I enjoy anything creative and can be goofy at times. I enjoy a lot of weird things
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: To live out my passions and see the world
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Getting chased through Tennessee
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Insult the Senator of Georga by mistake in front of the capitol building
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: 13
    GREATEST PAIN: The mirror
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Art
    THING YOU HATE MOST: the word "can't"
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: My great grandmother and random thoughts
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: I just started
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? yes, so far
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: n/a

11. andycerrone

andycerrone New Member

NAME: Andrew
    NICKNAME: Andy
    INTERESTS: Reading, Writing, Drinking, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Trumpet, Drumline, Muscle Cars, Recording, Road trips, getting lost
    HOBBIES: Stated above.
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): Let's see.. a small apartment in Cambridge, Ma. I'll be in Florence this August though..
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): Hrm.. I've done too many drugs and drank too much, and a bunch of my life is a blur. I don't regret it though. I've also gone on a few road trips halfway across the country and life has been pretty good.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: Everything.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: No idea. Too many to choose. That's, of course, not including what I supposedly did when I had been blacked out.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Stated above.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: First real relationship? Dated a girl for 3 1/2 years. Wasn't bad, until I was out of it.. then I realized how much it kept me back from doing more crazy ****.
    GREATEST PAIN: None. Life sucks but learn to love it otherwise it isn't worth it.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Life.
    THING YOU HATE MOST: Nothing.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Philosophy, Thoreau, Kerouac, one of my professors that I will not name.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Too soon to tell.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? x2
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: There is none..

12. K~la

K~la New Member

NAME(your real name, the one your mother gave you!): Kayla
    NICKNAME:
    INTERESTS: Well, the obvious:writing and reading, as well as baking, yoga/exercising, and hanging out with my friends
    HOBBIES: Goes along with the above question
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE(please, describe your humble abode): A small town in Newfoundland, Canada
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I'm generally a pretty private person - I keep mostly to myself. I am currently doing some courses to start majoring in English next year so that I can eventually become a high school English teacher. I have a little baby boy on the way here in April that I just can't wait for. So, whenever I'm not in school or studying I'm usually just relaxing
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?:To eventually publish at least one novel and one anthology of poems, all the while being an English teacher. Hopefully I'll be living somewhere quiet, yet close to a city for shopping and whatnot, with my husband and son.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: I don't know...I don't embarrass easily
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID:hmmm...there are a few but none come to mind right now
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: First real relationship was when I was 15 and he was 17. It lasted 2 1/2 years and I'm glad it's over and I've grown up a lot since then.
    GREATEST PAIN: haven't figured that one out yet
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Chocolate!! lol
    THING YOU HATE MOST: oh, there are so many things... one big thing is fake people
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: My close friends & family, and my experiences
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Yes
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?: For the most part

13. mypensmysoul

mypensmysoul New Member

NAME(your real name, the one your mother gave you!): Beverly
    NICKNAME: Beverly, Bev, Boove-Groove, Hollywood.
    INTERESTS: writing, electronica, long baths, sewing, high fashion, pyschology, sociology, biology..
    HOBBIES: writing, horseback riding, dancing
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE(please, describe your humble abode): I live in a suburban bubble in Indiana, USA. I love it here.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I'm the loud, happy, dance-y one.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: I want to own my own publishing company with my best friend.
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: (Those of you who have seen "A Christmas Story" will enjoy this) I actually got my tongue stuck the flagpole outside Uncle Ricky's house. THE Uncle Ricky. He had the Leg Lamp out at the time, too.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: It only gets funnier every day.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: We were twelve and he called me up and lied to my mother, saying it was a homework question, and I was talking online with my friend, who knew all about my love for him. He asked me very politely, shyly, cautiously, if perhaps I would like to be his girlfriend. I dropped the phone, typed to my friend what had happened, and yelled out loud: YES.
    GREATEST PAIN: Breaking the pinky toe.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Waking up late in the day and being able to enjoy it. (I.E. Holiday mornings.)
    THING YOU HATE MOST: War.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Photography; my wonderful life, being my family and friends.
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Yessir.
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS?: Yessir.

and finally

THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: My favorite quote, and one of my favorite songs; both of which speak to me. :)

14. Sir Ender

Sir Ender New Member

NAME: Caleb
    NICKNAME: Caleb
    INTERESTS: Reading, Writing, Bass, Music Recording/Producing, DJing, Skiing
    HOBBIES: -points up-
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE (please, describe your humble abode): Two stars to the right.
    ABOUT YOURSELF(a few words to describe you): I'm just a kid who's made a lot of mistakes in life, but knows what to do now.
    WHAT IS YOUR DREAM FOR LIFE?: Living
    MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT: Accidentally running into a discount sign in a shopping center and sending it flying.
    FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER DID: Pretty much the same as my embarassing moment.
    YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP: The same one i'm in now. 4 years and running.
    GREATEST PAIN: Siblings.
    THING YOU LOVE MOST: Anna (my girlfriend :love:)
    THING YOU HATE MOST: Silence.
    WHAT INSPIRES YOU?: Music
    HAS WRITING FORUMS HELPED YOU?: Yes
    ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WRITING FORUMS? Yes
    THE ORIGIN OF YOUR WRITING FORUMS SIGNATURE: Me brain.