1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Surveying...May-day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Charisma, Jul 23, 2007.

I do not know, seriously, whether this is allowed, so please forgive me if I mess up and feel free to NOT punish me (kidding). Anyways, I'm conducting this survey and would like your brutally true response. It will contribute to a research I'm conducting and truth is the key to success. I can't track you down - you are as anonymous as ever. Just spend a few moments to answer these questions, and do not feel ashamed. No answer is correct.
    I may warn, though, this is NOT for children. It has a few questions (actually only 2-3) which might not be suitable for below 13. Considering that above 13, or even below that, children are well aware of marital relationships, I would hope that no child attempts this survey. I am not liable if you face mental trauma of some sort later on.
    Thanks in advance - and NO children.
    (Note: In case the survey cannot be attempted, do not feel cheated or cookie grabbed or even mocked. I have a limit of respondents on my account.)
    Survey provided by FreeOnlineSurveys.com
    You are not obliged to take part in this survey in any way. If you do not wish to disclose any part of your life in the questions, then ignore it.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what is the purpose of the survey?... what research are you conducting and what will you be doing with the results?...

3. mammamaia

just checked out your questionnaire and see there are some major problems there... email me if you'd like me to specify what and why...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

4. Charisma

The purpose was to find out the factors for disrupted lives of people, focusing on the forces of peer pressure, media, teenage rebellion and a few side-effects. I hope it was worth it :|.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Hmmmm. nosy little bugger aint ya? I'm sorry. I looked but I don't see why I should give you any information about who I am (and I know I wasn't forced to). But yeah, anyways... the main thing I was concerned about was specificly why would you be interested in all this information? do you work for a company? is it for a school assignment? and yeah, I have to second Mam's responses. I'm really sorry but I think you should give a full CLEAR layout of why you are doing this research and exactly what you will be doing with the results.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sorry, but what I saw of the survey asked a great deal of personal information, but nothing that would evaluate whether the children's lives were disrupted, unless some of the "factors" were presumed to be "results", in which case there are some pretty unsavory assumptions.

The sampling technique is also flawed. This kind of Internet survey does not sample randomly, even across the population of Internet users with access to the site. You have no way to determine how many people view the survey and refuse to submit based on the visible questions. Quite apart from that, choosing a forum with a pre-filtered demographic (writers) further skews the sampling.

I was going to just ignore the survey, but with other people expressing concern, I have to agree that I see no value to this rather intrusive questionnaire.

7. Charisma

Thank you for your concern. However, I'm sorry but the purpose and pattern of this survey cannot be disclosed. Thanks for all your time, in any case. I believe it may ask you several personal questions, which bugs you, so you may not attempt it. Those who have attempted, thanks, those who haven't, thanks, because you at least bothered looking.

8. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Cannot be disclosed? Now I am concerned. In my view, that is just shifty.

9. Charisma

As you wish :)

10. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

I took the survey, no harm done, i hope it helps with your research.
    I do not see how any form of negative repercussion can come from this survey personally.
    Help a researcher out in his quest for knowledge, for the good of mankind!

Or something like that.

11. Charisma

Thanks for understanding. And oh, nice quotation.
    Heh :)

12. mammamaia

you know, with a name such as the one you use here, you don't come across as very trustworthy!

especia11y when you won't even say what the purpose of your 'survey' is-- there's no good reason i can think of for hiding that info--

13. Charisma

There's no 'bad' reason either...some things are confidential for a simple reason. Either they are contractual, linked with another organization or are too complex to explain. Or, someone's just not in a mood to tell ALL of it :p