1. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Sweet Spring Writing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by aimi_aiko, Apr 2, 2011.

I've been sitting here responding to several threads and I kept finding myself looking out my window. Even though I have not step foot outside yet, I know that today is a beautiful day to go outside and write.

I find most of my inspiration when sitting outside and observing all things around me. The fresh cooling breeze always relaxes my senses and it helps me think more clearly. Inspiration after sweet inspiration feels my head as I write it down on paper. Oh, just how bad I wish to step outside right now, with my notebook in hand and writing away!

Do nice and beautiful days help you relax and write? What other things (if not this) helps your inspiration? I would love to know!

2. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

Going for a nice walk always helps me think better, especially if I have some problems to solve in the story or there is something I have to rethink to make it work. AND it also works for getting fresh ideas and inspiration for coming stories, so I love going for walks :) especially places where there's not so many other things that catch my attention, like shop windows etc. ;)

3. xmollyx

xmollyx New Member

Go outside, don't waste your time with us when you could be writing!

4. Siberith

Siberith New Member

To be honest, when observing stuff enjoyable, like a great spring day, it actually distracts me and ends up making it harder for me to write. Its better if im in a comfortable, and spacious room.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i write in all kinds of weather/situations... where i am, or what my surroundings look like makes no difference, as long as i have something to write about...

6. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I prefer reading outside in the nice weather and sitting inside writing when the weather's bad. I can spend half a year on one book, then through May-August I might read 20.
    My inspiration usually comes when I'm tired or working... never when I'm bored, doing nothing.

7. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

Mine too. I think that is why I could never be a full time writer, even if was able to make a living out of it (wishful thinking...:rolleyes:) Sitting by the desk all day long wold never work for me.
    I need to get out, get tired, being far away from the computer doing other stuff and not able to sit down and write whenever I feel like it. I need to STEAL some writing time instead of having plenty of it. That is when the inspiration just overwhelms me, and that is just the best thing :)

8. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

I find that quite interesting for those of you who prefer being inside. I prefer both, but most of my inspiration comes from nice days. I have no idea why, I guess it is because it relaxes me so much.

I understand that writers are very different in many ways, but your responses intrigued me so much just because I love how different we all are, but at the same time, we have one huge thing in common. We find inspiration in different places, but we all turn inspiration into words on paper. I have no clue why the writing world and the people in it interests me so much, probably because I'm a writer myself, but I just find it highly interesting of the most simplist, weirdest or most unique things that we pull inspiration from.

It's wonderful.