1. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Synopsis/Query Letter review forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Shadow Dragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Hey since as a writer we have often have to write query letters and synopsises (or synopsi whichever is the plural form) to publishers, I was thinking that have a review section on here for them would be a good idea.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Synopses and blurbs go into the Novel forum. We've had a few already. Just indicate what it is, so the reviewer knows on what basis to critique it.

Query letters could go into Non-Fiction. Since those are actually formal parts of the submission process, we do allow those in Writing Issues -> Publishing. It's not really critique, though; as often as not, the posters are referred to sites that give examples and guidelines for these and other business communications.

I don't feel that learning to advise writers on business communications falls within the goals of the Review Room workshop, any more than composing and critiquing advertising copy would be. The business considerations far outweigh matters of style and wording choices.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

since i see plenty of those needing help with queries and synopses already getting that in the publishing and novel sections, i agree that it's not necessary to establish whole sections for them...