1. Agent Moskau

Agent Moskau New Member

Article forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Agent Moskau, Nov 18, 2008.

I have scanned the forum index, and I am failing to find a forum specifically for shorter works, such as article writing or rants. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see one anytime soon since I seem to be the only one who has brought this to the attention of the staff, but it is a style of writing that many people enjoy, including bloggers. For instance, I don't consider poetry to be very interesting at all most of the time, but it is nevertheless a very popular form of writing, and I think smaller articles that are not necessarily stories should have their place as well since many magazines thrive on them.

Articles of a non-fictional nature could arguably go into Non-Fiction, but I still feel something is missing. Am I missing something?

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

There is a sub forum under non-fiction called Essays which is where any article or non-storyish pieces would go far as I know.

3. Agent Moskau

Agent Moskau New Member

Aha! Those crafty subforums. Thank you, sir. Perhaps that's what I'm looking for.

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Yeah I miss um sometimes too. I think it was a month before I realized there was a research sup-forum under plot development XD :p.

5. Agent Moskau

Agent Moskau New Member

And a useful forum it is, too.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, Essays is for a particular category of persuasive nonfiction. There is a common structure to essays, consisting of an introduction containing a thesis statement, a series of supporting arguments, and a summary/conclusion.

Articles and rants that do not follow this structure should be placed under the general Non-Fiction category. However, be aware that the subject matter, particularly of a rant, is NOT to be debated in the Review Room workshop. The Review Room workshop is only for improving the delivery of the message, i.e. the writing itself.

This restriction will be strictly enforced in order to keep the focus of the Review Room on topic.

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

The rant may be best placed in the user's on site blog. That's be my suggestion.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

all 'articles' are by definition 'non-fictional' so that's where they belong... and rants are quite prevalent in the 'lounge' which is the best place for them, imo...