Tags:
  1. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Take Three. And Action!

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by Reggie, Mar 31, 2011.

Hello, In case you guys are wondering, I am thinking about writing my story into a movie script instead of a novel. I have the story planned out, and I know what is going to happen next. In the planning stage, I still have a few plot holes (I'm still in the planning stage and is working on filling them up before I start writing the first event in the movie script).

The thing is, after filling up the plot holes and fixing the story, I'm not sure how to form an outline of a scene. I must analyze the story in small bits (making them into a scene-by-scene). If anyone has written their storyline and finished thier design document of their story/novel, does anyone have any ideas on writing a scene-by-scene outline? This is about the last step I must take before I actually start writing the script. Any ideas are welcome, and I appreciate them.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

get syd field's 'workbook' and follow his guide for structuring a screenplay... it's the best how-to you'll find on the craft...

if you need help with this, i've mentored many aspiring screenwriters and always have time for one more...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Bay K.

Bay K. New Member

Take a look at the 'Scripts' section of the Forum to get numerous examples of what to do.

4. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Thanks for you all's advices on my question. If anyone ever read a script, I was trying to ask what you call it when the camera shot "blur" a character or an object, as if the camera man is crossing his eyes at the object/character.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You don't put anything that specific into a script. That kind of camera work is a director's prerogative, not the script writer's.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yup!... ditto that...