Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

Spellbound Story Hour

Salem, Massachusetts hasn’t always been a peaceful city. The schools vaguely teach about it, but the city had once been known to be a land teeming with magical beings, Witches. Puritan citizens of Salem had maliciously sought after these creatures. They held the “so-called” witches hostage to burn them at the stake, drown them, flog them, stone them, and inflict other deadly forms of torture to rid witches from their city. Only one witch clan actually resided in Salem, and meant no harm. Instead of taking hostile action they immediately went into hiding.

Now, more than 300 years later, present-day witches are unheard of in Salem. Roxy Xalider's immediate and extended families, descendents of the pacifist witch clan, have been hiding for centuries. The younger generation, being the first to live a worry-free life out and about in the city. But, when 13-year-old Roxy’s family secret is revealed, she is the only one to escape the Violent Ones that invade her large underground home. Alone, distressed, and overcome with grief, Roxy seeks refuge at the place the best heroes and heroines lurk--between the crisp pages of a book. Breaking into the Salem Library after closing hours, she uses one of her more powerful spells, to summon several characters out of their books with the hope that they may help her save her family. But, has Roxy summoned more egos than she can handle? And, will she be able to convince them all to join her side?

Game Play

You are one of the summoned book characters. A character out of your own book, a book you’ve always wanted to write, a real published book, or even your favorite FanFic character. Your character can come from any genre--Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Crime & Murder, Horror, Romance, Historical, Adventure, ect.

You will start your writings with your character in their home world (book) in which they are suddenly pulled out of and placed in Massachusetts. Your character will appear somewhere on the library grounds, but where is your choice! Settle in; get comfortable (or not), and run into the other characters. Once the story takes off, I’ll throw some obstacles into the game that your character must endure with Roxy.

Landscape and Time Period

Salem, Massachusetts will have the same geographical location as the actual city, but we will create the look and feel. The Salem Library is located in the middle of the city, close to City Hall, and surrounded by other small shops, stores, restaurants, and touristy places. This is present-day Salem, so there are no super high-tech gadgets besides what has already been invented. Although, depending on your character’s personality and story genre, you can provide your character with certain equipment and/or weapons, which you will list in your template.

RULES

1-Do NOT control other characters without permission, which includes character dialogue and actions. It is each player’s decision on how their character reacts to situations.

2-GM is law and can break and modify his own rules without notice.

3-Send by character template to GM via Private Message for approval. Do NOT post until you have received approval. Your first post will be your character template in discussion forum.

4-No god-moding. Your character may have certain powers, but please keep in mind that he/she shouldn’t overpower the other characters, or make the story too easy to achieve. Strive for balance among all other players.

5-You cannot kill other players without permission of the player AND the GM

6-You may create your own NPCs, but sparingly, and only use them for short periods of time.

7- No out of character content (OOC). Keep that to the Discussion Thread.

8- Write the NEXT part of the story. Try to avoid re-capping. Keep your writing in the present when responding to previous posts and avoid re-telling of scenes.

9-No one-liners or short posts. Try to shoot for 100 words+. If possible, please give others a chance to respond before moving forward.

10-Abandoned characters will be simply dropped, but I’ll allow previous players back into the game at anytime.

11-FLAMING, INSULTING, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARSHNESS THAT IS DELIBERATELY USED TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE’S FEELINGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL, NOR ACCEPTED ANYWHERE ELSE AROUND THE FORUM.

12-Edit before posting.

13-View the Discussion Thread for less formal details and to direction in the game.

14-Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type

15-Put your character’s name in the title of your post

16-More than one character is allowed but requires the permission of the GM.

17-Please feel welcome to make suggestions and negotiate with the GM!

18-Most of all HAVE FUN! I’ll try my best to make this a fun game for all. If you have any questions/comments anytime during the game, feel free to send me a Private Message.

Template for Character

Name:

Appearance:

Brief Character History:

Story Genre:

Personality:

Powers (if any):

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any):

Miscellaneous info:

Please private message me your character for approval, before posting it in the discussion forum!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pheonix likes this.
  2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. JessWrite

Roxy Xalider

“What rhymes with door? Core? Bore? Lore? Decor?” Roxy muttered to herself, placing her hand on her forehead in frustration, “Come on think, Roxy, think.”

It wasn’t often that words slipped her mind, but tonight’s events had taken a toll with her. She inhaled deeply, in the effort to clear her cluttered thoughts. Finally, it appeared. The spell wasn't the best she had ever come up with, but maybe it would work.

Roxy held her shaking hands in front of her. “As I state…open the gate?”

More of a question than a statement, but in an instant her hands glowed, illuminating her tear-stained face. With a flick of her wrists, the electric doors slid open as if inviting her in. Roxy didn’t hesitate. She stepped through and into her second home. She quickly found the light switch and flicked it on. Comfy chairs, blackened computer screens, and shelves full of magazines, movies, and books greeted her. The place was like a treasure chest that concealed the greatest mysteries ever told of other worlds. Worlds that she wished she lived in, then she wouldn’t have to be here, caught in the middle of her dire family situation.

A few more tears made their way down her cheek, before Roxy brushed them away. If only she could grab up all of her favorite books and escape reality...forever. But, what had happened this afternoon kept replaying back in her mind, not allowing her to forget. She was here for a reason.

Roxy walked over to a table that sat in the middle of the room. She stepped lightly onto the soft cushion seat to stand on the wooden tabletop. From here she could see the whole first floor of the library and the steps that led to the second floor. As she overlooked the scene, her heart thumped loudly in the dead silence. Could she possibly do it? Was she powerful enough? She had never attempted anything this massive…this insane before. But, she knew she had to try.

Raising her hands like a music conductor, she nervously licked her lips, and uttered the bold words that came to her mind:

“From the pages within,
    Every hero has a story,
    Come now to me, in all your fame and glory!”

A ball of colorful light appeared, dancing in between her outstretched arms. Roxy released her hold on it, and the light bolted straight for the bookshelves. It began to swirl, forming a funnel cloud that scattered throughout the room. Shelves were picked up and carried by the magical tornado, causing books to fly around, landing in all directions.

Roxy fell to the hard floor, from the power that had been taken from her small body. Numerous screams escaped from her lips, as she managed to dodge the books thrown near her head. She crawled in pain, through the book battlefield, to take cover under the sturdy table. The uncontrollable tears came again, they had not run dry.

Roxy groaned with her face flat to the floor. “What have I done?”

Pheonix likes this.
  4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina Sharp

*Clang, shing, clang* “C’mon Max! You have to hold your sword up higher.” Tina laughed as her best friend’s face turned pink with frustration.
    “You know…when I said I wanted to research the art of sword fighting…this isn’t exactly what I meant.” Max put his sword down and took off his large black glasses to wipe the sweat off his face with his sleeve.
    “You were doing wonderful though, Maxwell. Considering Tina has had more experience then you.” Elsie piped in from a seat next to the wall. She had a hand on her pregnant belly and was smiling happily as she always did. She was due to give birth in about 3 months. Elsie was Tina’s next best friend and the closest thing she had ever experienced to a mother. They had met in the foster system and even after Elsie had been adopted they still had managed to stay close friends.

Max sighed at Tina and let the sword drop to the floor. He walked over to where his ever-filling notebook was and scribbled down a sentence or two.
    Tina picked up his sword and put them both away in the weapons cabinet. “Research or not you never know if some evil knight might come visit our world for a change. What would you do then? Throw your pen at him?” Tina teased.
    “No.” Max replied looking at her with a serious face. “I’d call you and let you deal with him.”

“Everybody ready for lunch!?” Eric, Elsie’s husband and Tina’s 3rd best friend, walked through the door of the den heading straight for his wife.
    “Lunch sounds amazing.” Elsie smiled and gave Eric a kiss.
    “Yes, food! I promised to buy Max a taco if he tried his hand at the sword with me.” Tina laughed then continued. “Give me and Max a chance to change and we’ll be right there.”
    Eric nodded and Tina walked out of the den, through the living room and into her bedroom. Within 7 minutes she had put on a blue t-shirt and jeans, thrown her black hair into a fresh ponytail and had placed her Swiss-army knife in her pocket. She didn’t need 25 minutes like Elsie did. She didn’t even need make-up. Her Korean heritage gave her all the beauty she needed without the use of cosmetics.

After a final check in the mirror she walked through her bedroom and a purple light flashed in her eyes before darkness swirled in her vision and her stomach flipped. It was an all-too familiar feeling. When she was able to see again she found herself on the edge of a street. Tina backed up quickly as a car zoomed by her, honking its horn. Instead of her living room, she was standing on the sidewalk of what appeared to be a good sized city with shops, restaurants and street peddlers selling their wares. A pedestrian walked by, knocking her in the shoulder however he kept on walking as if nothing had happened. Guess people are as rude here as they are at home. Tina turned around and saw a large library in front of her. She had traveled through many different portals but for some reason this trip had felt a little different. As if she had been pulled through a portal rather then stepping through one herself. Boy, Max was going to be mad when he didn’t get that Taco she had promised him. And Elise was going to worry like she always did when Tina randomly disappeared and Eric would do his best to calm her like a great husband.

And Tina, well, she was going to have to figure out when or where she was, if this was a different dimension or a different world entirely, and why she was needed here. Same old, same old. She smiled as she walked through the door of the library, letting electricity surge momentarily between her fingertips. Time for a new adventure.

5. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Elodin

Elodin sat on the Imre bridge casually kicking his legs and watching the swirling of the wind. An Imre guard stepped up to him and touched him gently on the arm "Master Namer you shouldn't be sitting in such a dangerous place" Elodin jumped almost falling off the bridge "Timothy come look at the wind its fantastic today" he pointed frantically to the edge. The guard shivered slightly "Il stay here if you dont mind sir im scared of heights" Elodin turned to look at him head cocked "what a silly thing to be scared of i can look up at tall trees all day and it doesn't bother me, Depths however i admit make me woozy and this is one huge depth" Elodin stood on the wall of the bridge looking down a particularly strong gust of wind buffeted his back and he began to wave his arms in circles trying to keep is balance the guard jumped and grabbed him around the waist. Elodin looked down "sorry Timothy the wind is being tricksy today i wonder whats got it all riled up." As the guard was about to reply a gust of wind blew his cap down when he raised it away from his eyes Elodin was gone.

Elodin landed arse fist onto a huge pile of books scattering them everywhere He swore in a long line of expletives moving through at least 7 different languages, He untangled himself from the pile and found himself eye to eye with a furious old librarian "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY LIBRARY!" Elodin reached out a hand slowly and pinched the mans lips together "Shhhhhh Librarians are quiet. your not a librarian, librarians don't have blue eyes and your too short go home and come back when you have grown 2 inches and found a new pair of eyes" the librarian looked as if he was going to shout again and then shook his head and walked off muttering. Elodin blushed down his robes and strode casually out of the library looking idly around at the books and building.

6. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Tarl Elmswood

Tarl ducked as the ogre swung at him before popping up and striking it in the face with his hammer. It rolled away along the floor growling.

"Burn." He shouted in the old tongue. The ogre howled as it started burning. Tarl turned and charged at a goblin striking it down before going after the next. He battled through the tribe hammer blurring left and right as he dealt out death. Accompanied by his troops they pushed the goblin tribe back to the cliff edge. hearding them off one by one. They had nearly won, victory was near when a roar came from the forrest. His troops spun as a giant rumbled out of the trees towards them. It swung a tree sending his troops left and right as it headed toward Tarl.

Tarl readied his hammer, bracing himself. The giant neared and swung the tree as Tarl swung his hammer. They collided in mid air, the force of the giant's blow sending Tarl into the air. He flew backwards and over the edge of the cliff. Tarl prepared himself to hit the ground when the light changed plunging him into darkness. The light flashed again as he was thrown backwards into a bookshelf.

Getting to his feet Tarl looked around confused. Why was he in a library? He had always liked books but this was far from his idea of heaven. Tarl ducked as a book flew towards his head only to be from behind by a dictionary. Cursing he pulled it off his back and threw it away. He started walking when the dictionary returned, this time accompanied by a thesaurus and a book on pigs. They headed towards him, Tarl swatting them away with his fist. The books fell to the floor before rising again, even more accompanying them. Like a swarm of bees the attacked Tarl.

Enough Tarl thought.

"Stop!" He bellowed in the old tongue. The books dropped instantly. Without the noise of the books flying about Tarl could hear another sound. It was someone crying. Tarl started searching for the source of the noise, eventually finding a table, the noise comming from underneath. Crouching as low as he could Tarl poked his head in to find a girl.

"What troubles you young maiden?"

7. Love to Write

Tina Sharp

The library was dark, and yet it's doors had been wide open. Odd. The sound pages turning in books led her to a dimly lit part of the library. Books flew around in the air before finally finding a place to settle. It was the strangest thing she had ever seen. Maybe there is something wrong with the gravity here. A flash of light drew her to the next set of bookshelves. Another portal? As Tina approached the bookshelf she rubbed a small scar above her right eyebrow...something she usually did was she was nervous, angry, or annoyed. She peeked carefully around the corner, her hand ready to deal a bolt of lightning should she be attacked. A man was standing there being pummeled by flying books. She would have laughed had it not looked painful. He shouted a strange word and the books fell to the ground. A magician?In white knight armor? Great...I'm in a world where there is magic and the laws of science no longer apply. This should be interesting. I hope whoever called for help doesn't want me to battle some crazy magician who wants to rule the world. Then again...I've never tried my skills against magic. Could be fun. Boy, I wish Max was here. I bet he's read a book that could tell me all about counteracting magic. That guy is the litteral definition of bookworm.

The sound of a child crying pulled her out of her thoughts. The man, in white armor, obviously heard it too as he knelt down and looked under a table. A young girl, no more than 13, in school clothes was weeping into her arms. Maybe the flying books were freaking her out. Please stop crying. I can't stand kids crying. Elsie would be perfect to have with me right now. She loves those little...creatures. "What troubles you young maiden?" The man asked affectionetly. He had a nice voice with an interesting accent.

Maiden? Why would he call her maiden? This world has cars and phone booths so why would he talk like he is from the mid-evil era? Ugh. I hope he's not a crazy wizard addeled by too many potions. Bah...stop it Tina! You're profiling again. At least he doesn't seem to mind kids. Tina sighed as she repremanded herself. Unfortunetly it was little too loud as the man looked up and straight at her.

8. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Elodin

As Elodin was about to walk out of the library he heard s shout echo through the building "Stop" he cocked his head for a second and listened to the echoes reverberate "Someone who talks sense. We Ride!!" Elodin jumped back into the building and flipped off his shoes he clambered onto the top of a stack of shelves and hopped along the top kicking dust bunnies off grinning. He looked down at the voices a girl hiding under a table a knight and a woman.

Elodin looked at them for a while when suddenly a heavy book of poetry conked him on the back of the head causing him to topple off the top of the shelves. He landed with a thump in the middle of the woman and knight. The book of poetry flew down and battered him around the head "You little bugger" Elodin picked up a book and raised it threateningly the book of poetry stopped suddenly and shivered.

Elodin charged chasing the book around like a child chasing fireflys after a minute of this he trapped the book in a corner, "Have at you!" He waked the book repeatedly with the other driving it to the floor and beating it repeatedly. The book of poetry crawled under the stack of shelves whimpering, he chucked the other book aside after glancing at the cover then looked at the woman "take it from me young lady always chose a book of music to beat down a book of poetry" he looked at her for a second "Why look so surprised never seen a man in a robe show a book whats for before?"

9. JessWrite

Roxy Xalider

Roxy raised her head at the soothing sound of a man’s voice. After that, a lot happened within seconds. Two other characters appeared in the disaster, one in which began an epic battle with the flying books. Roxy wiped her puffy eyes while bursting into giggles. It was hilarious to see the robed man, hitting books like a maniac. She couldn’t believe it had actually worked. She knew she had hidden power within, but she had done it! Three fictional characters summoned…how many more to come?

Roxy crawled out from under the table and adjusted her disheveled clothing, eying the characters closely.

The first who had plainly caught her interest was the maniac man. Definitely Elodin; there was no else like him. She remembered his book well, but after the part where he got sent to a mental facility, she had to quit reading. It had been much too sad.

The second was another man, handsome, and dawning pure white armor with words engraved on it in a different language. She wasn’t quite sure who he was. From his looks, he had to come from a Fantasy story. Maybe it was a newer book on the shelf, one she hadn’t read yet? The thought was horrifying to her, what book hadn’t she read?

She turned her attention to the third, a woman of Korean ancestry, with daring eyes that meant business. The scar on her face gave her away. It was the one and only Tina Sharp. Her favorite heroine, in the flesh!

Roxy’s mouth fell open, and she could barely contain herself. All of her usual shyness wilted away, as her secret adventurer's spirit pushed its way through.

“OH. MY. GOSH! Tina Sharp! Elodin!” Roxy spun around to the armored knight, “Sorry sir, but I don’t know your name, it completely slips my mind. But…I guess you do seem familiar. What’s the name of your homeland?”

Pheonix likes this.
  10. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Jaye Audolf

Llop was indicating that the deer was nearby. His ears twitched with sounds she couldn’t quite make out and his nose was doing that twitching thing it did when it smelt something foodlike. She had to stifle a laugh, it always made her laugh when he did that with his nose. He looked at her quizzically as if to say, well what are you waiting for I am hungry, and then crouched and started to stalk forward on him hunches. She sighed and moved forward in the undergrowth.

After a few quiet steps she stopped, listened and took a deep breath. She picked up a few scents, damp earth, pine and she could just make out the faint scent of wet fur. That had to be the deer. Glancing sideways at Llop it confirmed her thought, he was crouched pointing towards the deer with his nose, his tongue hanging out slightly.

She slowly stood up and looked over the bush proving their cover and there it stood, a lone deer grazing in a clearing not far from them. She slowly drew an arrow from her quiver placed it in her bow, raised it to take aim. At that moment she heard Llop whine and then everything went white. She heard a hissing sound and tried to open her eyes but she saw too many bring colours and quickly closed them again. She was aware of Llop’s whines and could smell him nearby but exactly where he was she could pinpoint.

Suddenly there was silence. The first senses to return to her were hearing and smell. They were strange noises, a scuffle of feet, paper tearing, voices unknown, and the smells… oh the smells… Some kind of chemical though she knew not which one, sweat, metal and wood but not wood like she was used too. The only familiar was the smell of Llop which brought her comfort. He was there too. She stood slowly as her eyes adjusted. She could just make out shades of light and strange shapes, tall shelf like things lined with books, more books then she had ever seen. New ones old ones, she could tell by their smells. As she stumbled around a corner she saw the shadows of people.

And then it all went black again and the last thing she heard was the sound of herself hitting the floor…

11. Love to Write

Tina Sharp

"OH. MY. GOSH! Tina Sharp! Elodin!” The school girl then spun around to the armored knight, “Sorry sir, but I don’t know your name, it completely slips my mind. But…I guess you do seem familiar. What’s the name of your homeland?”

Tina? How in the world does she know my name? I'm pretty sure I haven't been to this world before. And why would she have to ask the name of that guy's homeland? Unless he isn't from around here...like me.

Tina stepped out fully from behind the bookshelf. "Excuse me...but have I missed something? How do you know who I am? Why am I here? And how was I pulled through a portal unvoluntarly?" Tina had an eyebrow raised and her arms crossed. Before anyone could respond to her questions, however, another flash of light appeared and something hit the floor behind her. She turned to see another woman lying on the ground. She had a green jacket with a bow in her hand and a quiver of arrows on her back. Tina looked around at all the different people, then the books on the floor and then again at the school girl who looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel from excitement. No one in here looked the same, as if they were all from different worlds. Were these others portal travelers like her? Was the situation on this world so dire that mulitple heroes were needed? What in heaven's name is going on here? I'd better get some answers soon.

12. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Llop

Light… blinding light…

Strange noises… scratches… voices…

Smells… so many smells…

Friend?? I yip… What happened, where is the jumping meat? Nothing, no reply. I twist my ears trying to listen for friend. I hear her breathing so I know she is near.

Smell… what is that smell? I get up on shaken paws. I creep around tall tree thing with lots of little square things on them, they smell funny. Some like old meat skin and others like old trees. I see humans, some girl ones and some boy ones. Then I see one hunting a flying old meat skin but it doesn’t smell like a bird. My head cocks quizzically as I try to understand the strangeness I am seeing.

I take another sniff trying to find friend. These others are not from a pack I know, I have never smelt them before. But where is friend? I creep further into the open, hoping that they won’t attack me. Then I see friend fall down. I run over and stiff her. She is still breathing so I nudge her to try and get her up but she doesn’t move. I whimper to get her attention, she still won’t move. I lick her face to try and wake her.

Then I look at the other people, maybe they hurt friend. I bear my teeth, I will protect her if they come again…

13. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Disciple Manning

Disciple had just popped out to the back of his office building for a quick smoke. He was doing that more often than usual, after the events of Monday, August 17, 2009. Just as he was getting relaxed, a swirling purple light flickered from around the corner. Disciple leaned against the wall, wondering what to make of it. Weed had never made him see things before, perhaps his dealer had given him the wrong bag. The last time he had seen things due to drugs was May 9, 1992. That was a bad day.

Putting out his joint, he walked around the corner to investigate. It looked like some sort of portal, something those crazy Framers would have believed in. Disciple didn't believe though. Still, there was an unexplainable pull emanating from it, and before he knew what had happened, he had fallen through into a library.

A library, what the hell will people think of next?

Disciple didn't read books, he preferred audiobooks. That way he could quote every line.

Around him stood the sorriest pack of losers he had ever seen. There was a guy wearing armor for Christ's sake. Where did he think he was, the renaissance fair?

Disciple gave his most winning smile. "Am I late for the party?"

14. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Elodin raised an eyebrow as the woman appeared "Shiny Howd you do that!" A large wolf jumped out of the stacks and stood over the girl protectively. Elodin jumped and scrambled up a few shelves holding a book as if he was going to throw it. "Nice doggy don't make me throw Physics textbooks at ya". Elodin looked at the others staring up at him he climbed down sheepishly.

"Sorry im a bit skittish today"

A loud pop echoed in the air and a man appeared with a strong smell of green stinking out the area they were in, Elodin covered his mouth and nose with a hand. "Am I late for the party?" Elodin thrust a hand into a pile of books and pulled out a Stephen King horror book that will do. He hopped in front of the man and placed the book open on top of his head "Yes you are party is through there." the man raised his eyes and began to speak, Elodin shushed him with a finger on the lips "keep trying youl get it"

Elodin jumped on top of the table the girl had been hiding under and sat crossing his legs. He picked up a large dictionary and ripped small pieces of paper out of it screwing it into balls and gently tossing it into the paladins hair when he wasn't looking Elodin's way. The paladins gaze flipped to him and he quickly looked away whistling gently.

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Tarl Elmswood

“Sorry sir, but I don’t know your name, it completely slips my mind. But…I guess you do seem familiar. What’s the name of your homeland?” The young girl asked.

"I am Tarl Elmswood from the western isles of korobath, Paladin of the second order and enemy of the dark. Do you need my help?" Tarl said bowing. Even bent double he towered above the young girl. The was a noise off to the side as another girl stepped out from behind a bookcase. She was dressen in odd garments, a blue top and trousers made from a strange material Tarl had never seen before. Her features were similar to people he had met from across the eastern sea, her skin tanned.

"Excuse me...but have I missed something? How do you know who I am? Why am I here? And how was I pulled through a portal unvoluntarly?"

"Greetings fair maiden," Tarl said bowing again. "Are you in need of help aswell? Although I don't know anything about a portal."

Tarl was waiting for her reply when a man appeared.

"Am I late for the party?" He asked as another mad jumped from nowhere and placed a book on his head. This man was dressed in robes. A mage perhaps? If a strange one at that. The strange man sat down on the young maidens table, tearing pieces of paper from a book and tossing them towards Tarl. They bounced of his helmet harmlessly.

"I don't suppose anyone would like to explain where I am? One minute I'm fighting a goblin tribe in the driul highlands, the next I find a crying child, a fair maiden, a crazy mage and a man with a book for a hat."

16. JessWrite

Roxy Xalider

The characters were coming so fast, barely giving her time to process them all. It may have been a side effect from the spell, but her head felt like someone was pounding a brick into her skull. Two more characters had appeared, along with an angry wolf that was hovering over the woman lying on the ground. Roxy craned her neck to peer behind Tina. Was the woman…sleeping? Roxy knew she wouldn’t be able to tell who she was until she got a closer look. The wolf she guessed could be from any fairytale. At least there weren’t any little pigs running around and no one was wearing a red cloak.

Roxy was pulled from her observations, as Elodin plopped a book on the head of the other new man, and starting shooting balls of paper across the room. Another reason why I stopped reading his book, Roxy rolled her eyes, suppressing a laugh.

“I don't suppose anyone would like to explain where I am? One minute I'm fighting a goblin tribe in the driul highlands, the next I find a crying child, a fair maiden, a crazy mage and a man with a book for a hat." The armored man said, who had claimed to be Tarl Elmswood.

Tarl…Tarl…the name was familiar. She had eavesdropped discussions about his book spoken by the boys at school. She had wanted to read it, but it had been on a huge waiting list every time she tried to reserve it. All the bookstores had the book sold out. There were predictions that the hype would die down after the movie got out of theaters, but she hated being excluded from it all. She was part of the protesters that wouldn’t see the movie until she read the book. Well, now she had 3-D front row seats and all the spoilers in her reach.

The other man with the book for a hat, she didn’t recognize either. He smelled awful, worse than the medicinal potions her mom threw together when she got sick.

Roxy sighed, stepping into the middle of the crowd.

“I have a really bad headache. Can you all just sit down and be quiet like regular people? I didn’t call you here to play games or party, even if that would be fun.” Roxy smiled shyly, walking by each of the characters that towered over her small frame, “And, oh, yeah that’s a good question. You’re in The Salem Library in Massachusetts, United States of America; Planet Earth. My name is Roxy, by the way.”

Pheonix likes this.
  17. Love to Write

Tina Sharp

"Greetings fair maiden," The knight said, bowing again. "Are you in need of help aswell? Although I don't know anything about a portal."

Fair maiden? Tina allowed herself a small chuckle. If he ever saw me fight, he'd start calling me 'female knight'. Though, it is nice to be called fair maiden. So few real gentlemen in the world now a-days.

As if to emphasize her point another man appeared beside her. He smelled like weed causing her to gag and a guy in robes to cover his face.
    "Am I late for the party?" He asked with a smile.

The man in robes, said something about a party, placed a book on the knights head then began making paper balls. He was like a over-sized kid. WAY worse than a normal sized kid.

The school girl finally got over her excitement and spoke like a mom chiding her children. “I have a really bad headache. Can you all just sit down and be quiet like regular people? I didn’t call you here to play games or party, even if that would be fun.” She smiled shyly, walking by each of them. “And, oh, yeah that’s a good question. You’re in The Salem Library in Massachusetts, United States of America; Planet Earth. My name is Roxy, by the way.”

A kid. A school kid has called us here? Great. She'd better know how to send us home or we are gonna be here a while. I hope the big emergency isn't that she has a last minute paper to write.

"Hi...Roxy." Tina said attempting to put on a none-annoyed face. I notice there is alot of us here from random places. You want to explain why you pulled us out of our prespective worlds and here to yours?"

18. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Disciple Manning

These people must have been on something pretty strong. First some guy wearing the worst outfit put a book on Disciple's head along with a condescending 'keep trying, you'll get it'. Disciple got it, thank you very much. And now another wacko was talking about goblins.

The only person who belonged in the library was a little school girl. "You’re in The Salem Library in Massachusetts, United States of America; Planet Earth. My name is Roxy, by the way,” she said, looking like she was about to throw up. He could understand why, after all she was stuck in a library with people who belonged in a mental institution.

An attractive woman was saying something. "I notice there is alot of us here from random places. You want to explain why you pulled us out of our prespective worlds and here to yours?"

Before the little girl could answer, I cut in. "I care know what you gave me or who you are, but I need to get back to my office. There's a couple waiting for me to bring there spoiled little daughter back, and I think I can wring a good 10 grand out of them. So if you'll excuse me..."

Disciple shot the book-on-head guy a murderous look, and marched out the door.

Across the street from the library was the city hall, a sad little brick building surrounded by shops and various witch-related tourist attractions. This really was Salem, 245 miles away from his office. Disciple turned and walked back through the library doors.

"What the hell is going on!" he demanded.

19. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Jaye Audolf

What the hell is going on?

It was a combination of that and the growl from Llop that woke Jaye up.

I just had the weirdest dream, she thought to herself as she stood up shaking the last of her headache off. Then it hit her, the smell of some strange herb, all the books and that odd chemical again that she couldn’t quite place. That chemical, she thought puzzeled, drat! Not a dream.

She looked around the room she now stood in. It looked like a library but none she had ever seen or even heard of. She saw others there too. Several men, one in white armour, she didn’t recognize his faction, one wearing robes sitting on a table, the one that had shouted looked odd and that’s where the herb smell was coming from. Then she saw the women, both where dressed very strangely. One looked rather excited the other, not so impressed.

She was pulled from her thoughts by Llop’s growl, he was looking at the man that had shouted. She crouched down to pat him.

“Its ok friend, lets just figure out what is happening before we make any enemies. We don’t know if they mean us harm yet so just be calm a few moments.”

Llop snorted at the man as if to accept her words and turned to the others, nose twitching as he sorted out their scents. Jaye picked up her loose arrow and put it back in the quiver on her back and slung the bow over her shoulder. It was a gesture of peace, she just hoped they bought it.

20. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Elodin

What the hell is going on?

Elodin turned towards the man his eyes surprisingly focused "Im guessing we all got called here, all of us are out of time from different worlds."

Elodin looked at the girl she met his eyes and shivered as his eyes seemed to look right through her."Our young witch here needed help for something and tried to call a hero, lost control im guessing and the spell ravaged through the library pulling us from our worlds and homes. So what is it Roxy what do you need help with"

Elodin said Roxy's name with a strange timbre and cadence as if it was a command Roxy felt a strange pressure around her until Elodin released her from the trap of his eyes. Elodin looked down to his hand and muttered a word A small ball of light popped into being and wove itself around its fingers slowly, Elodin watched it for a second then sighed. The air of command left Elodin as if it were never there, he began to humm slightly staring at the ceiling.

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Chronicle535 - Character templates are meant to be posted in the discussion thread. And did you send it to Jesswrite first?

22. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

"Where am I?" Zaris said cautiously as he looked around the room. "This doesn't make sense."

Zaris leaped into the shadows and began to stalk in the dark still searching for any possible signs of movement. Just then he cuaght the sent of a human and slowly and quietly came closer til he saw a group of them standing in a circle with a woman in the center of them on the floor beneath. Staying just far enough in the shadows that he could keep a careful vigil of the group and hear everything they were saying.

Stay calm and think this through there must be a reason for this gathering and it appears that the woman in the middle is their leader. So now I know that if they spot me who to go after incase things turn bad fast. If you cut off the head the body collapses, and becomes unresponsive. For now I will just stick to the shadows and wait for someone to get close and then I will gather the information I need.

23. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

I appologize and yes I did send it to Jesswrite I will delet the post and post it to the character templates once again I appologize.

24. Love to Write

Tina Sharp and Zaris Redmist

Everyone was talking at the same time, and yet few seemed to be listening to the other. The crazy child-like man suddenly said something profound then when back to whistling. She sighed and crossed her arms, leaning on the bookshelf as she waited for things to get organized. A shiver suddenly went down her back and hair on the back of her neck stood on end. She turned casually pretending to stretch and studied the shadows behind her. Damien would often do such exercises with her. He would hide in the shadows, and attack when he thought she least expected it. This had trained her to spot anomalyies in the dark and to trust her instincts.

Something moved in the dark; but ever so slightly that she wouldn't have spotted it had she not been looking. Whatever was there was waiting...watching. Perhaps it was another visitor pulled from his perspective world. But why would it hide? She glanced back at the group. They were consentrating on one another or the flying books, none seemed to be paying attention to her. Tina stepped out of the group and towards the shadows.

Seems as though a sheep has strayed from the heard... This maybe the time to strike and get the information I need. Zaris thought.

He sank back into the shadows and waited for his target. While waiting he extends the hidden blade attached to his wrist and prepares to lunge as a young woman steps into the shadows.

Looks easy enough to take down but looks are deciving. She maybe dangerous better be quick and quiet so I don't alert the others to my presence.

Zaris silently leaped at the woman so he could finally attain the information he was seeking for.

Tina heard a blade move through the air. Having been trained by the ninja's of Himar her reflexes were quicker then her opponent could have anticipated. It helped that she had been anticipating the attack. She grabbed the wrist holding the blade, pulled the body towards her and threw an elbow at his head.

Upon seeing how fast his new opponent could move Zaris increased his speed to match. While the woman was off balance trying to land her elbow into his temple he used his feet to sweep her leg with precise accuracy causing her to fall it was then that he pinned his forearm against her throat forcing her head onto the floor.

"Now, I am going to ask once and only once," Zaris asked using a quiet yet intimidating voice, staring at the woman with his burning blood red eyes. "What is going on here, why am I here, and who is leading you? Is it the woman in the center of your little group down there or is it someone else? TALK!"

"You want answers..." Tina grunted, "Ask nicely." She freed one of her arms and shot a ball of electricity at his gut. He rolled away growling in pain. Tina got off the floor and crouched next to him, swiss army knife in one hand the other sparking with lighting, illuminating the area around them. His eyes glowed red and his face was pale. He reminded her of a vampire. I hate vampires. She noted the silence in the background. No doubt their little battle had attracted the attention of those behind them.

"To answer your poorly asked questions, I'm not sure whats going on here, but the child seems to. So why don't you stand up slowly. And direct your questions to her...nicely; or next time I won't go so easy on you."

"Very well..." Zaris said still growling from the shock and got up slowly as the woman asked it would be better to obey for now and meet the leader then he could decide to make his next move. "I knew there was something different about you just by the way you carried yourself and don't worry it will take a lot more than that to take me out of the fight and maybe next time I will decide to not allow those miniscule attacks you used to land." Zaris retracked the hidden-blade on his wrist and began to follow the woman.

25. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Lylaunna "Lyla" Jenks

"Awh, what's the matter, Rattlesnake? Ya too roostered to hold up Western Ridge today?" Said the red-headed freckled-face teenager as she swiped her outlaw guardian's whiskey bottle off of the table in front of him, knocking it against his boots that were resting beside it. The middle-aged man scratched his recently shaven chin and wiped his tired eyes.

"Dammit, Lyla! You are gon' gimme a ache in my noggin'! Can't ya take a break just one afternoon? I'm beggin' of you! One afternoon?" He said in his thick, southern accent. He felt worn down after their busy week. Together, the two of them had knocked over four banks and three trains along the southern United States in one week alone. But, that sort of thing was quite usual for them. "I'm good'a mind ta let ya go out on yer own."

Her big blue eyes lit up instantly. "Really?! Ya mean it?!" She exclaimed, grabbing her Smith & Wesson Revolver from it's holster and twirling it in her hand.
    "No. I don't mean it! But, I DO mean get yer tail outside while I take a damn snooze!" He yelled to the girl as he pulled his cow-boy hat down over his eyes.

The grin on Lyla's face instantly faded as she re-holstered her gun. She glared at Rattlesnake for a minute, seeing if he would look at her again, but he didn't. "Sometimes, you ain't nothin' but a shoddy stick in the mudd, snake." She said coldly, taking a giant swig of his whiskey and throwing the bottle back on the table. She stomped out of the house without expecting any response from the older outlaw, slamming the screen door behind her.

She walked behind their farm-house and sat on a tree stump. It was her favorite place to just sit and think...and drink. She soon found herself lightheaded, from the alcohol she presumed. Without her realizing it, she had fallen asleep. And, it was quite the rude awakening to be jolted back to reality by a room full of strange people.. in a stranger looking place.

She woke up on a library table and wiped the drool from her mouth. She shook her head back and forth but stopped and winced. "Too much alcohol.." Said the girl in the flannel shirt, blue jeans and cowboy boots. She looked around at her surrondings once more. "WAY too much alcohol..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.