Tales of Exzalia dying worlds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannoli

Cannoli New Member

As the girl is put in front of him, he can clearly see that she is looking at him as if she never saw one of his kind before. As her sweet voice tries to get familiar with him, Craze slams shut. She looks around 14, 15 years old. The age Emily would have been. She looks nothing like her, but yet, she reminds him of her. He normally has no trouble looking at a girl of this age. Normally, that does not trigger the thoughts of the girl he could not keep safe. Still, he gets angered by the thoughts of this girl going into battle. Is she going along with them into battle? This innocent girl? With her whole life ahead of her.

No expression can be read from Craze his face and he turns his sight back to her father. "I'll be over there when you need me." he says calm as he points towards a part of the room where no one is. He gives the girl one more gaze before he walks away, making a fist out of anger. He is hurting within.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Marine frowned. She wasn't sure what just happened in fact she was a little hurt. If that was a scorch fiend her mother was right they were really weird. Marine turned and looked at her dad. "Dad did I-" Pickles shook his head. "No not all Smiles, that fellow just needs a bit of happiness or kindness in his life. Most we can do is give it to him." Marine grinned and nodded. "Alright I'll be by the door waiting for the others. Oh and if those boys come near you destroy them!" He shouted dramatically as he walked out side.

Marine walked over by her mother and Magnolia. She wanted to ask something. "Mom how come scorch fiends are so weird?" She asked in a whisper.

Pickles smiled brightly as he saw more people approaching. "Welcome Pickles the hero here........oh and doorman for the day!" He shouted to them.

Pheonix likes this.
  3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Scorchfiends are weird because there heads are full of rocks, hot air and nothing else." Tassy responded gruffly .Magnolia put her hands on her hips in disapproval.
    "You mers really should try making up with the scorchfiends, so many savage wars could be ended if you did."

"Well it's not our fault scorchfiends are so stubborn." Tassy retorted. Magnolia shook her head.

"Well anyway, it's almost time to begn, just a few more fairies need to return."

4. Kingtype

Marine gave a uncomfortable smile. Her mother's opinion of scorch fiends was a bit much to take in. "Dad said he just needed to be shown a little kindness and the scorch fiend would open up." She said. Marine hadn't really caught the fiend's name. "Maybe they aren't so bad." She said meekly. Marine wasn't used to being loud or upfront about her thoughts.

Pheonix likes this.
  5. Morinehtar

Morinehtar Member

Introducing Leiwin Arcanis

The days in the small town had become quite dull. It had been weeks since the sentinels actually had to take action and consequently, Leiwin had taken more to his eather studies.

Outside the gates, under the cloudless grey sky he stood leaning over a makeshift table. The frustration was overcoming him and it started to show on his face. After a few minutes he slumped his shoulders and threw the stack of papers he had been leaning over into the air. Pages upon pages of strange runes and complicated formulas floating lightly to the barren ground while Leiwin, in a completely desperate move, started tweaking with one of his eather bombs.

He looked at it. The small round shape fit in the palm of his hand and had glowing red aura, with the slightest hint of blue. He tried to chuck it, but before he could even move, the little contraption made an awkward sound and bursted into flame. Leiwin shouted in pain and threw the thing on the ground kicking dirt at it. The fire subsided and he grunted loudly looking at his scorched hand. "Back to the drawing board... again!" he muttered to himself.

Back in town, as the young sentinel entered his small, ill-kept house, he could hear the flutter of wings. "Weird", he thought. "No animals have been sighted around here for months."

Nervously, he grabbed the hilt of his swords, ready to take action if needed. Without the slightest noise he made his way into his room. There, a small little ball of light with wings stood in mid-air, motionless. Leiwin was speechless. During his travels, he had seen many things, but never anything like this.

"Mr. Leiwin Arcanis, I presume?" the small thing said. The boy practically hit his head on the ceiling with the jump. A glowing, hovering energy ball that talked... And as if to confirm that had not been delusional, the same voice was heard again. "Leiwin Arcanis, I presume" it said, with a somewhat impatient tone.

"Y-Yes?" he said, still shaken.

"Ah, good. Then listen closely to what I am about to say. I am a fairy sent by Queen Magnolia to seek out heroes that would join in her quest to save the world. Only the most exclusive people are chosen for this."

"A f-fairy?!" Leiwin said he mouth wide open "I-I thought I would never see a magical creature, let alone a fairy." The excitement was too much for him to bare "Tell me all about you! Oh this is so not happening to me! You have to tell me about how you see eather... You could be the breakthrough I needed!" he exploded. If he had been afraid before, now he was euphoric like he hadn't been in years, if ever.

"Woah. I'm just here to deliver my message." she said, annoyed by the child-like attitude of the so-called hero "The meeting will be in Fare on the 17th, be there if you want to participate in this quest. That is all." And just like that she flew off.

Leiwin was left there smiling like the idiot that he was. "A master swordsman, expert bowman and what many had called a genius in the field of eather studies, so worked up over seeing a magic being... kind of pathetic." He shoved away the thought. Preparations had to be made. The chance was that there would be MORE fairies in Fare!

And so, with new purpose in his life and hope in his heart, Leiwin closed the door to his house, his bow hanging on his back along with a pouch filled with eather bombs of assorted kinds and a quiver of arrows. Before leaving he pinned a note on his door, feeling kind of guilty for leaving his duties in the town. It read:
    "I am off to seek out new purpose. Most of my students are now competent enough to perform basic eather infusion on weaponry and shields, and I have made sure to reinforce the eather on the walls. I wish the best of luck to my fellow guardsmen.

To my students: The experiments on dual eather infusion have once again been inconclusive. I have left all of the paperwork inside for any of you who may want to study it. I wish you better luck than I have had.

Sincerely yours,
    Leiwin Arcanis"

Finally, with a last look at the small town that had been his home for the most of three years, he took off.

6. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Arriving at Fare.

It had been almost a week since they had left new Charon and now, finally, Fare was coming into sight. "Look Lyra" Berk said, do you see the shimmering of the city in the distance? That, is Fare. Or at least, that is the city of Fare, this" Berk tapped his walking stick on the ground "is also Fare. I used to be very confused about it when I was a kid but, after all these years, it does begin to make sense." Berk said. As they continued their journey Berk told to anyone who would listen about the origins of Fare. How some of its towers had not been build with brick, but had been carved out of solid rock. "but, the most amazing part of Fare is not its palace...it is the temple of Fare that most people come to see. The eather flows thick there and travellers come from all over Exzalia to meditate on the eather, if we have the time, I could hardly think of a better place to practice." Berk said in a hushed voice, making sure that Emery wouldn't hear it as he gave Lyra a cheeky wink.

"..I'd say it's probably no more than an hour from here" he said loudly, pretending he was answering a question.

Lyra smiled up at her father at the mention of eather. "Ooooh, yes! I'd love to go."*

Lyra briefly turned her attention from her father to gaze up at the pet on her shoulder. As her father had said, he had flown back to her right when they set foot on their journey. "Do you like this place too, Grynn? I know I do. So much better than being surrounded by fire. There's wide open space, fresh air..."

Lyra looked up ahead as the horizon began to change into one almost breathtaking. Emery sided up next to her daughters, too occupied with her surroundings to protest against Lyra's training. As she viewed Fare she saw everything as a memory. What Lyra thought beautiful, Emery felt concern for. Times had been tough on Fare and its beauty was fleeting.

A flicker of a smile passed over her lips as she thought back to the last time she'd traveled here so many years ago. Yet, only one event stuck in her mind and not one of conventional debates or battles. No, this event had reminded her that life could be fun if one accepted the most exceptional conquest in all of Exzalia. The perfect game of Tag.

Through countless streets they went, two times they crossed a busy market where merchants recommended their wares from behind their multi-colored stalls. Berk had never seen Fare so lively,a term that practically went for no other place in Exzalia. Even though they had saved Exzalia from losing its magic, there were still plenty of troubles stalking the land. Power, greed, these were the new starting grounds for wars and disputes, and Berk did not doubt that they would end up just as destructive as the potential loss of eather.*

As they approached the castle, Lyra gazed up in awe. "We are going inside that pretty place?" Her grey eyes widened at the colors she had never laid eyes on. "Well, nevermind, my questions. Let's go!"

Berk tore his attention away from these issues when the palace finally came into sight. But not just the palace. A familiar face greeted him at the door.

"Peter!" Berk shouted happily as he waved his arm towards the good fellow. He fastened his pace somewhat and gave the bear-sized man a firm hug. "Long time no see, though you are not to blame. Not at all! Dear me Peter, is that your..." Berk said as he pointed towards a very suprised looking Marine. Berk liked the young lad Peter. He was often considered a fool but he was much better than that. In fact, Berk held Peter in the highest of regards because of his honesty and sincerity. He patted the good fellow on his shoulder. "I should have visited! Forgive me."

7. Kingtype

Pickles laughed warmly. He was very pleased to see some familiar faces. "Berk good to see you to." Pickles said cheerfully. Pickles had always gotten along well with Berk. Both had the same drive to do help other before themselves. Pickles turned and looked at Marine but kept talking to Berk. "Yeah she's mine. in fact she's my second. Her name's Marine but I call her Smiles because me and Tassy haven't stopped smiling since she was born." He said with a grin. "Anyway no need to apologize for not visiting. I haven't really seen any of the old group since River and Will's wedding, I've been busy with my projects. But hey as long as no one died then we can make future plans to visit!" He exclaimed happily.

Pickles looked over Berk's shoulder. "Lets see who you got here Pip, Emery and a new addition.....two in fact." Pickles said staring at Lyra and her pet. Despite Pip's looks Pickles could tell it was her. He never forgets faces no matter how much they have changed. "Miss Emery and Miss Pip you both look wonderful its splendid everyone is back together." Pickles paused and looked down at Lyra. The hero knelt down beside her. "Your name little lady?" He asked brightly.

Marine walked up slowly behind her dad. She knew who these people were her mom and dad had told her stories about them Emery, Berk and Pip. But still one of them looked like death incarnate. She knew some families were dying but this was just stretching it. Marine chuckled at her own humor. She didn't speak as she stood there. She just quietly watched this family's interaction with her dad. Though they did seem to have a girl her age.

Pheonix likes this.
  8. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Lyra Rose Strongarm

"Your name little lady?"

Lyra gave her same look of awe towards the smiley man in front of her. Dad had called him Peter, but in stories she knew him as Pickles. If this really was the real life Pickles then she'd heard a lot about him and his heroic acts. She knew he was a man to be admired and acclaimed for all he did in Exzalia a long time ago.

"Hi, I'm Lyra!" she said in an excited tone that should've been knocked down a notch. Emery rolled her eyes in embarrassment and to her dismay Lyra continued. "This is Grynn," she pointed at her bird, "He's a pyroglider and my very best friend. I saved him from dying last year, because his wing was..."

Emery cleared her throat and Lyra took a quick glance over her shoulder. A look was prominent on her mother's pretty features; a look she knew well.

"I mean, hello Mr. Peter, my name is Lyra. How do you do?" She did a small curtsy as Grynn hung on to her shoulder.

Pheonix likes this.
  9. Question

Question Active Member

Thoranth

“Barkeep more grog!” Shouted Thoranth, his face already red with spirits. A resounding here, here rang out from the rest of the bars occupants.

He faked a worried look as he glanced at his cards three skulls and a queen, just one away before he had a graveyard.

“So my friends what brings you to this disheveled little town?” He looked at the two men across from him. The tall damirian with the beaked nose, eyes kept shifting about the room as if they longed to hop out of those sockets and flee. The other was a fat lorean, who had been sweating profusely the entire night. These men were clearly not drept players. Thoranth had taken almost all of their money, sure he was cheating, but only a little, and a good drept player should be able to spot a cheat.

“Ah, we came here for work, heard there was a fishing post not far from here.” Said, the damirian. The lorean chewed on a large turkey leg, the grease slid across his chunky fingers and dribbled onto the man’s cards.

Thoranth could tell the demirian was lying, there hadn’t been work in this ramshackle of a town in years. No these two were probably highway men, which was fine with Thoranth, it wasn’t any of his business as to how a man earned his living besides it made him feel all that much better about swindling their money.

He gulped his grog. It was terrible, but it was cheap and strong enough to burn the hair off your back.

“You know I once had the finest wine in the kingdom at my beck and call…and the finest women too…” He slurred as he drew his next card.

“I think are friend here has had too much grog.” Laughed, the lorien. More beads of sweat formed on his forehead after he drew a card.

“…No it’s true, I was rich. I mean really rich…the last thing of my wealth is this here ring” he held up his pinkie finger. The two men shared a look of disbelief. Thoranth drew a card and slid another into the pile. Three skulls and a phoenix. Both men were looking at the buxom serving wench who had arrived at the table with two more mugs of grog on her tray. With the skill and precision of one with much practice, he slid the phoenix card into his sleeve with two fingers and drew a skull card from that same sleeve, placing it into his hand.

“Well fellows I believe it’s time to place your bets. I’ll start with 10 shillings”

“I’m in, and Ill raise you a 10 shillings.” Said the damerian, his eyes darting to the door then to the serving girl, then back to his hand.

“I’m all in, 30 shillings.” He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

“I’m in for 30 shillings and I call your bets.” Thoranth couldn’t help but smile as he drank the last of his grog.

“Four phoenixes”

“You got me, two skulls and two queens.” Both eyes fell on Thoranth trying to read his indecipherable features.

“Four skulls” He placed the cards on the table.

The color went out of the Demerians face as his mouth fell open in shock. The lorean on the other hand seemed to not have heard, for he just sat there with the same cow like expression. Thoranth proceeded to collect the coins from the table.

“You cheated.”

“I’ll have you know sir that I am a master of light, the purist and most honest form of eather…hiccup!” As he reached for a mug of grog he bumped his arm against the table and a lone phoenix card fell from his sleeve. Maybe he did have a little too much to drink.

“You’re a little ruddy cheat is what you are!” He slammed a large hunting knife on the table. The lorean at seeing this display of action suddenly took on a more aggressive expression; he crossed his arms and stood up to back his friend. A sudden hush fell over bar, as all eyes fell towards this unraveling scene. “Look at you, you’re not even a man, you’re some kind of half creature freak, that has too cheat and steal from the real men of the world. Now I want my money back with interest, or me and my friend here will beat the money out of your tiny hide.”

Thoranth had obviously misjudged these two men. He had never expected such a public outburst. The words struck a nerve and he could feel the anger rising in his blearily drunken mind.

“You two really are quite stupid.”

He slowly reached into his jacket pocket. The men in front of him tensed, ready to strike.

“How bout a song?” He pulled out his ugloth and began playing. The demerian picked up the knife and lunged for him.

Suddenly, a large glimmering rat appeared on his arm, causing him to pause. It quickly scurried up his arm, until it reached his face where it then began to bite and claw.

“Aahhhh!” the man screamed as he frantically tried pulling the rat off. “Get it off, get it off!”
    The lorean tried to help him, grabbing for the rat, but the rat was too quick and scurried around him biting anywhere that it could. The tempo of the music grew faster, it was not a pretty song by far, he was too drunk for that, but more of jumble of notes rolling together in utter madness. The demerian backed into another person sending the man’s drink onto another and soon a mass fight broke out. Men hit other men, glass mugs flew across the room, and somehow the lorean got knocked to the ground. The demerian on the other hand still remain in the center of the room thrashing about like a madman as the rat slowly chewed out his eyes. Thoranth continued to play his music seemed to be fueling the chaos around him. As a chair leg flew right above his head, he slowly started to back out towards the exit.

“For she was a lass, full of brass, and we walked out on the sea…!” He sung as he stumbled down the road, he had decided to leave the small town behind him. It was a cold night, but he liked the cold, it seemed to help to him focus. Soon he came upon a tree; it was a great big willow with sweeping branches and dark wood. It was as good a place to sleep as any, so he sat against it, squirmed a bit to get comfortable, and closed his eyes to the world.

“Wake up.”

“Huh? Who’s there?” He slowly opened his eyes. It was a fairy, a girl fairy and a pretty one at that, though he wasn’t sure he’d ever seen an ugly fairy.

“Oh my head” He rubbed his temples in a vain attempt to rid himself from the aching pain.

“You reek. When was the last time you bathed?”

He looked down at himself, he was a bit dingy, but at least he hadn’t vomited.

“Is that why your here to berate a poor man on his hygiene?” He stood up and put on his pack, the fairy circled him once before returning to face him.

“I thought you’d be bigger what with the giant moniker and what not.”

“Yeah some clever idiots got a kick out of it. But what can you do when a name sticks it sticks.” He glanced at his purse the money wasn’t nearly enough. “So what can I do for you, do you have some kind of message of work?”

“I do, the queen magnolia beseeches you for a quest of the utmost importance and to aid the kingdom”

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Sure he had done the various odd jobs for rich blokes, but never had he imagined he would be asked into the service of a queen. His mouth watered at imagining the riches and jewels he would be rewarded.

“I’m interested, but of course we will be compensated for this quest whatever it may be?”

“I cannot say for sure my lord, but the queen always repays those she is indebted too.”

“Indeed. Of course, I was only conjecturing, I would take this quest for the honor alone.” He smiled his most dazzling smile, but the affect seemed to be lacking with the stale scent of booze still on his breath.

10. Kingtype

Pickles eyes lit up with child like wonder as he looked Grynn. Lets be honest no matter how old or wise he gets, Pickles is still Pickles. So when he started talking in the same excited voice Lyra was a moment ago it wasn't that shocking. "Wow no way!" He shouted happily. "You saved him from dying! That's awesome I don't think me or your old man could of done it any better." He said bubbly as he watched Grynn fly around. "Your quite the little heroine. So little Miss Lyra welcome aboard team hero! We save the world, stop the wars, save the princesses and we smile while doing it." He said giggling as he fell over.

Marine stepped forward laughing at her dad. She couldn't hold it anymore. She loved the looks on all the Strongarms faces. Marine started jumping up and down. She was shy when speaking one on one but when her parents were around she didn't mind expressing herself. "Dad your such goofball." She said beaming. Pickles gave one right back. "See I nicknamed you Smiles for a reason." Pickles sat up still with his same sweet smile. He looked at Lyra. "So little Miss what I'm saying is, are your ready for excitement?!" He shouted cheerfully. He then pointed at Marine. "This here is my daughter Marine but I call her Smiles. I'm sure you two will be fast friends." Marine looked at Lyra with an shy smile and then looked down at her feet. As said earlier Marine was never the greatest at one on one conversation. "Hi." She said with a wide embarrassed smile as she waved at Lyra.

Pheonix likes this.
  11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Piper

Piper watched her family exchange formalities with that of Pickles's with a blank look. Her wings were neatly pinned behind her, and her cloak billowed just lightly in the breeze that had sprung up.

Walking silently towards the group as Marine introduced herself to Lyra, Piper glanced once at Pickles and nodded slightly in recognition. She twirled her scythe experimentally and elicited a dull hum from the blade as the wind sliced through the holes that had been bored through the steel. Ocean Wind. Not good for metal. she noted.

Walking over to where her sister stood, Piper momentarily held out her hand and the bird hopped obediently onto her palm. She got it to spread the wing in question that had been badly broken and examined it for a moment before sending the bird back onto her sister's shoulder.

"My name is Piper." she said shortly, glancing at Marine with her blank eyes before going back to stand beside her mom. Though her cloak hid most of it, it was obvious that she had almost shrunk in the last fifty years since she had last seen Pickles. It seemed almost a miracle that she could even lift her scythe -the blades were easily as tall as she was and twice as heavy.

12. JessWrite

Lyra

Lyra beamed at Mr. Peter, she liked him a lot. He was fun, unlike her parents at times.

"I've never been on an adventure before, have you?" Lyra asked Marine. Before she could answer she started bouncing up and down.

"I'm so excited, isn't this so exciting?! Excitement just lingers in the air, the sound of music to my ears..." Lyra dramatically spun around with Grynn's flames flickering in the wind. "I'm going to be the best adventurer in all of Exzalia! I'm going to fight bad mean monsters and save the animals from their grasp!"

Suddenly, a hand clamped onto her shoulder opposite of Grynn and stopped her from spinning. She turned to see the face of her mom. She looked like a firepod gone sour.

"Lyra, stop this instant," she hissed in a low tone. "We are not here to be poetic and shine our colors. We are here for a reason...one that I'm not sure about," As Lyra looked into her mother's orange eyes, they shimmered with worry. Almost the same worry she noticed her mom had when she talked to Piper.

"But, we're here to have fun, Mom! That's what Mr. Peter said and we're on vacation, remember? We're going to do all sorts of fun things!" Lyra removed her mom's hand from her shoulder and walked over to stand next to Marine.

"Your definition of 'fun' is what I'm afraid of," Emery muttered to herself, shaking her head.

Pheonix likes this.
  13. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Have no Fear! The Bartholomew's are here!

The journey to Fare had taken several days. They had just reached the center of Fare, finally. Magnolia's castle could be seen rising in the distance. River sighed gratefully. The journey had been much harder than it would have been had she not been 8 months pregnant. Her thoughts wandered to 50 years ago and a her eyes saddened. They'd gone through so much horror then, lost so many friends...and loved ones. Tess, Vayla, Crumpet...Pyria. Even now, 50 years later, she still felt some pain when thinking about her adopted daughter, who'd given her life to save Exzalia. It had been a combination of hers and Crumpet's sacrifice that closed the portal draining the eather from Exzalia. It had been the worst moment of her life, watching her daughter die...and being able to do nothing to help her.
    River looked over at Will. But she had a family now. An amazing husband, two wonderful children, with another on the way... a good life, over all free from worry. She wouldn't trade this for anything else in the world.

Will walked beside his wife as the castle grew in the distance.

"It's been a long time since we were here last..." He said. "Rayla, see that over there," he said pointing. "That is the capital of Fare, the home of Queen Magnolia. I wonder how the belligerent old witch is going these days... Anyway," he said, turning back to River. "Do you need to stop? We can rest a little while if you like."

"If you decide to stop, I'll take Rose up ahead to let them know we're coming." Keiran offered. He was eager to see Fare. It was legendary for being one of the last few places in Exzalia that wasn't touched so by decline after the Draining. And any chance he got to ride Rose, his father-s ancient Chimera, was a joy to Keiran.

"I'll go with him!" Rayla shouted excitedly upon hearing her brother's offer.

River smiled. "A short rest would be nice." Keiran and Rayla looked at her expectantly, their eyes begging to go on ahead. It would be nice to have some alone time with Will. Even if it was a short while. "If your father is alright with it, then I am." She took Will's hand in her's and squeezed it lightly.

"Just try not to get lost or murdered," Will said with a smile. "Oh, and be kind to Rose. She isn't as young as she used to be." Off to the side Rose rumbled a little bit.

"We'll do out best," Keiran replied giving Rayla a look. She always seemed to be getting herself and, invariably, him into trouble. He got up on Rose's back, and Rayla jumped up up behind him. "We'll be careful!" he called back to his parents, then Rose took off towards the castle.

"God, those two scare me to death... they're too much like us," Will shook his head the smiled at River.

-----------------------------

Up in the air, Keiran could see forever. Fare was still a beautiful place, as were parts of Lore, but when he looked, mostly what he saw looked like it was fading. Like an old painting that had been left out in the sun for to long, the colors bleached out and cracks appearing. He wondered what Exzalia must have been like before.

"Why do mom and dad insist on living on the outskirts of the Lore when we could live in a place like this! It's awesome here!"

"I don't know..." Kerian responded. "Maybe they like it there? Or maybe they don't like people?" he said, only half jokingly. His parents, especially his father, enjoyed their privacy.

Finally they reached the castle, and Rose landed on the steps. As they got down, Kerian pointed to the gardens outside the castle.

"Do you suppose that's where Mom and Dad played tag? Remember the stories they told us?"

"How could I forget!? Fighting vampires, necromancers, shadow mages!!" Rayla stabbed and parried with her imaginary sword. Despite dad training her with one he hadn't given her one of her own yet. "Maybe as your coming of age gift" He said. But that was still almost a full year away.

"Oh, I wish we could go on an adventure like they did! It would be so much fun!" Rayla exclaimed. But she immediatly forgot about her desire to go on an adventure as Rose landed. They had reached the doors of legendary Queen Magnolia's Castle. She could hardly believe her parents had quested with this woman once.

They walked up the steps the the great doors, and Keiran pushed them open. Inside, there was already a crowd. People from all over Exzalia were inside: Mers, a Scorchfiend, humans. And they all seemed to turn to look at them as they came in.

"Oh... Hello..." Keiran said, not expecting at all for there to be so many people. He turned and saw a giant man with silver hair standing near the door. "Are you the doorman? Can you let the Queen know that the Bartholomews have arrived?"

"Look! Giants! And scorchfiends! Is that a siren!?" Rayla half whispered, half yelled at Keiran as she gripped his arm excitedly.

14. Kingtype

Marine gulped at Piper. She was terrifying that weapon she carried made Marine take a step back. "Y..yeah hi." She said with a chuckle as she twirled a piece of her hair in her finger nervously. Marine backed behind her dad as he walked up to Pip. Marine tried to be respectful and kind like her mother and father taught her. But you'd have to be insane not to be intimidated by Piper.

That's exactly why Pickles was in front of Emery and Pip in a flash. "Come on you two wiped those looks off your faces." Pickles turned to Emery first. "Miss Emery don't be so uptight come now its good for children to be free to play especially in times like this." Pickles said grinning at brightly at her. Pickles then turned to Pip. He frowned for a moment but then started to beaming. "Miss Pip I don't know what's troubling you. But come on give me some sunshine." He said smiling. The hero snapped his fingers. "Maybe a hand stand would cheer you up." Pickles jumped upward, landed on his metal hand and started doing push one handed standing push ups to try and make Pip smile.

Marine turned and looked at Lyra. She had never been asked about her adventures before. "Yes my mother takes me deep into the merclans all the time and dad takes me on patrol sometimes. He's a member of the city watch so he is always stopping bad guys." She said cheerfully. Marine looked thoughtful. "What do your parents do?"

Pheonix likes this.
  15. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Archibald

"I'm not sure if your perception of time is warped in some cruel way, but I know for certain that I have been marching for weeks. Do you know how exhausting that is? Of course not, you vile creature, you just flutter your wings and fly as you please. Was alacrity not such an urgent need, I would consider sitting down and writing a poem of your graceful soaring. If only your flight was not so closely associated with your ceaseless dialogue!" Archibald's face suddenly flushed red. "NO, I am NOT afraid of socializing. I enjoy an intelligent conversation as much as a scholar, but the mindless chatter that comes from your- your-" He suddenly stopped walking and scrutinized the fairy. "-whatever it is that you speak with! ...I don't even remember what I was trying to say!" Archibald was so involved with his restrained beration of the devilish fly which haunted him so that he pumped directly into a towering man who was doing hand stands in front of a set of gates. "Oh deary me, I do apologize! I didn't even see you coming! My sincerest apologies, Mr..." Archibald bowed as he waited for the man's answer.

16. Kingtype

Pickles beamed brightly at the new comers and stopped doing push ups, he hopped off the ground and walked over to them. His grin kept getting wider as more peopled showed up. In fact it looked like his face would tear off if it got any bigger. But it was so kind and warm it was hard to be freaked out by it. "Bartholomews!" He shouted cheerfully. He knew Will and River couldn't be to far off. "Your Will and River's kids huh? Its a pleasure to meet you two. Your parents are good friends of mine." Pickles started shaking Rayla and Keiran's hands. "That name's Pickles and yes that is a siren. She's my wife. One moment please."

Pickles turned on his heel and looked at Archibald. More people? Wonderful! " Mister Peter or Pickles whichever you like. What's your name? Have you come to fight the good fight my fellow hero?' He asked cheerfully.

Pickles turned looked at Tassy and Magnolia. "Hey Pumpkin come see all the faces here!" Pickles shouted motioning for Tassy to come outside.

Pheonix likes this.
  17. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Mister Peter or Pickles whichever you like. What's your name? Have you come to fight the good fight my fellow hero?'
    "Mister Peter! Well met sir! My name is Archibald, and 'tis a great pleasure to meet you. As for the good fight, I must confess that I haven't the faintest idea. I was originally persuaded here by the news that good Exzalia herself is in danger, but was from that point on herded here by this abomination." Archibald indicated the small fairy which still hounded him. "Speaking of such, how is it that you gentlemen, who I assume were brought here via similar methods, have rid yourselves of this plague? Is there anything I could do to achieve similar results?"

18. Love to Write

Rayla

"That name's Pickles and yes that is a siren. She's my wife. One moment please. Hey Pumpkin come see all the faces here!" The man with the metal arm said.

"Pickles? Really? I was expecting you to be more...you know," Rayla shrugged her shoulders as if she were trying to come up with a word, though a playful smile tugged at her lips, "Well, green. And you have a blue Siren...as a wife?" She asked peering around his massive frame at the beautiful Mer. "Is that Tassy? Oh my godess, it is! Isn't it!?"

Rayla turned to her brother, smiling widely and barely containing her excitment, "All the people from mom and dad's stories are here!"

19. JessWrite

Lyra

"Yes my mother takes me deep into the merclans all the time and dad takes me on patrol sometimes. He's a member of the city watch so he is always stopping bad guys." She said cheerfully. Marine looked thoughtful. "What do your parents do?"

Lyra's mouth nearly fell open as Marine described her merclan adventures. Marine's parents sounded amazing; the kind of people her mom called 'lively'.

"That sounds nice," Lyra said politely to Marine, "My parents are the founders of New Charon, since it got destroyed. They are still not sure how that happened, but it was very disastrous," Much of Charon's history Emery and Berk kept from her to keep on the positive side of things, but Lyra always assumed it had been an accident. "Anyway, my mom and dad solved many problems with the ice and made the island powered by a rock called coal. When mixed with Charon it gives off heat, which keeps us warm!" Lyra beamed. Having someone to talk to other than Piper and Grynn made her happy.

Lyra turned to see two other people, a girl and boy arrive. They looked much older than her, but still had the aura of adventurers. The aura that seemed to pull her...

Ignoring her mother's threatening looks, she bounced over to them. "Hello, are you adventure-y people too?"

Pheonix likes this.
  20. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Keiran

"All the people from mom and dad's stories are here!"

"Try and contain yourself... Next thing we know you'll be running around trying to get autographs," he said playfully. "Sir Pickles, it is truly an honor to meet you. My father has always spoken very highly of you." Keiran said to the gentle giant. "And yes, my parents are almost here. They just stopped to rest a while, my mother you see... well you'll see," Keiran said. Then moved further into the room, feeling out of place among all the people here, and wondering now more than ever why they had all been summoned.

"Hello, are you adventure-y people too?" A redheaded girl asked as she bounced up to Keiran and Rayla.

"Um, not exactly..." Keiran responded. "Are you?"

Kingtype likes this.
  21. Kingtype

Pickles beamed at Archibald. "Welp this is the place that us heroes gather to defeat the bad guys. As for the plague I beat it with happiness..........that and I've been living underwater for awhile now." The hero turned back and looked the Bartholomews. "Nope I'm not green sorry." He said apologetically. "And yes that's Tassy best woman in all of Exzalia in my eyes anyway."

Pickles turned to Keiran with a smile. "She what?" He asked concerned. "Is River in trouble does she need help!" He shouted looking around nervously. Pickles was scared a friend maybe in danger.

Pheonix likes this.
  22. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Keiran

"She what?" He asked concerned. "Is River in trouble does she need help!" He shouted looking around nervously. Pickles was scared a friend maybe in danger.

"What? No! No, nothing like that!" Keiran exclaimed. Some of the things his dad had said about Pickles were starting to make sense. "No, she's pregnant is all!"

Kingtype likes this.
  23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Welp this is the place that us heroes gather to defeat the bad guys. As for the plague I beat it with happiness..........that and I've been living underwater for awhile now."
    Archibald blinked as he expected the man to elaborate. To his dismay, he did not. "...Pardon me kind sir, but could you explain? What do you mean when you say you've been living underwater for a while? How is that even possible? I suppose magic can do some incredible things, but even that idea is rather strange to these ears of mine." He'd given up with ridding himself of the fairy. Hopefully she'd leave on her own sometime. Soon, preferably.

24. Love to Write

"Hello, are you adventure-y people too?" A redheaded girl asked as she bounced up to Keiran and Rayla.

"Um, not exactly..." Keiran responded. "Are you?"

"He's not..." Rayla rolled her eyes at her brother. "Keiran is just a boring old boar-piglet sometimes. I on the other hand, am totally ready for a quest. I don't care what mom and dad say. My mom and dad are Will and River. Whose your parents? Did they tell you stories about their adventures too? Oh, I'm Rayla by the way!" Rayla almost forgot to take a breath from her excitment but managed to calm down long enough to hear the girl's answer.

25. Kingtype

Marine walked over to Rayla, Keiran and Lyran. She still had her sweet smile in place. "My parents did. My mom and dad told just about everything. But my brother told me even more stuff that apparently I wasn't supposed to know." She said innocently. Marine had bee told all sorts of family secrets by her older brother. Secrets that Pickles and Tassy would have rather revealed when Marine was a little older.

Pickles sighed with relief. He was happy River was safe. "Thank goodness! She's having a baby to that's wonderful." Pickles then looked back at Archibald. "My wife is a siren so we found some spells that let me grow gills when I hit the water. But it only kicks in when I'm actually in the water good sir."

Pheonix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.