1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tales of Exzalia well of darkness discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

Please post all character templates here and!

Well come...to Exzalia

2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    heii derr, this sounds like a great game! so, here's my character...

Character Template:

Name: Zothecula
    Race: Half-Elf
    Novice Spell1: Healing Spell
    Novice Spell2: Psychic Vampire Spell (feed off someone's aura, boosting your own attack points)
    Novice Spell3: Hold (temporarily paralyze)
    Novice Spell4: Rasp (wind attack)
    Adept level spell: Doomsday (shadow spell, inflicts massive damage on enemies AND allies)
    Artefact If any: Stone Knife
    Brief character history: Zothecula is shunned by many for being a halfer and for his affinity for Nox, the dark element. None could deny his potential to be a great mage one day, because of his remarkable memory he can learn spells quickly. But his bad habits prevent him from ever being great. Sometimes he drinks Laudanum, a numbing drug, to deal with being discriminated against and he doesn't eat much, so he's incredibly skinny. And if under too much stress, he cuts himself to ease the pain.
    Personality traits: Moody, Insecure, Socially Awkward
    Other info: Is very skilled with his knife...

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Couldn't pass up an RPG by Exzalia!

Name:Will Bartholomew

Race:Lorian

Novice Spell1: Dark Bubble: Nox Eather wrapped into a bubble around the caster, providing defense for a limited time. Particularly effective against Althea spells.

Novice Spell2: Flash Spear: Althea Eather woven into a lance that can be thrown. Shines incredibly bright and can blind enemies, and causes light damage it it hits them directly.

Novice Spell3: Imbune: Althea Eather used to charge the caster, or an ally, with light, increasing strength, defense and, speed casting Althea Eather by about 10% for 30 seconds.

Novice Spell4: Falling Dark: Nox Eather wrapped around the target, causing damage over time and disorientation. Lasts for 20 seconds.

Adept level spell: Dark Lightning: A spell of Will's own devising. He weaves light with one hand, and Dark with the other. Then he combines the two, creating a streak of black lightning, and inflicting heavy damage and stunning the enemy. Takes 3 turns to recharge because of the high power of the spell and the use of two Eathers.

Artifact If any: Will has his fathers enchanted sword, Illiad. It was the inspiration for his Dark lightning spell: One edge of the blade is charged with Nox, the other with Althea.

Brief character history: Will is the son of a knight, Gregor Bartholomew. His father while not an uncastable, was not proficient with weaving, but was extremely skilled with arms. While questing in the far reaches, he fell in love with a young handmaiden in a local castle. They were married and Will was born. Shortly after, Gregor was summoned to a far off land. Two years later, a messenger arrived bearing his sword, and tidings of Gregor's death at the hand of a powerful warlord, far to the east.

Raised by his mother, Will is highly proficient with Weaving, Specializing in balancing dark and light. This has brought him some reproach, but he remains focused on his ultimate goal, avenging his father's death.

Personality traits: Will comes across as jovial and joking, carefree. However, he possesses a keen tactical mind. He balances the two parts of his personality, carefree and jovial, and serious and cunning, perfectly. Everything in Will's life is based on balance.

Other info: Will was brought to the school 7 years ago when his proficiency with magic was first made manifest. He writes to his mother weekly.

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Well I was going to do a character with a nox ability but...there is already two of them. :) I'll re-make my character sheet. Exzalia...i'm getting an error everytime I try to send you a message.

5. Exzalia

really? oh my god hold on I'll try to fix it

6. Pheonix

@LtW I guess we're all kinda dark :)

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    who WOULDN"T want to have Nox, lol...its so rad, ha.

i edited my template, Exzalia. tell me if its better. :)

8. Exzalia

okay I epmtied my box.

Also some one sent me a message and I think it got deleted by accsident, who ever it was can you send it again?

9. Exzalia

Much better,

one last nit pick Eric your character is a high elf, high elfs can't use Nox, however. Your character seems better suited to being a half elf, he already seems discriminated against, I think making him a half elf would be better. They are notorious for using Nox eather

Sorry, if I seem to be a stickler for detail, but you forgot to PM me first :)

Overall I like your character and look forward to the craziness you will write.

10. Exzalia

Tess Mercian

Here is a template for Tess one of your class mates.

Name:Tess

Race: Halfbreed part Merfolk, part human.

novice spell 1: Water drop, Tess throws a drop of water that exsplodes sending Merc eather everywhere, does damage and is good at cuaseing misweaves.

novice spell2: mana burn, a disruption spell that is timed correctly will cuase the other persons spell the exsploded

novice spell3: counter surge, a water spell that if timed correctly redirects small offensive magic attckes back at the caster

novice spell4: dilute, a counter spell that hit the opponent from below, it does little damage but cuases misweaves.

Adept level spell: frost beam, if it hits it not only freezes, but it reduces the casting speed of the target

History: Tess never knew his parents and travles the wilds of Exzalia in search of them. He was raised by Damirian parents who seeing his talent with eather sent him to this school. Tess is a day dreamer though and his grades were never really good, which is why he is so surpirsed to be among the ones chosen.

Personality: Tess is a daydreamer, and a class clown not really takeing anything sieriously. But behind the bad grades lies a truely cunning Eather mage.

Artefact: he carries a book of knowledge that magicaly obtains information on things never before seen.

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Damn, beaten to nox. PMing shortly.

12. Exzalia

Vashal

names: Vashal

Race: Damirian

Spells: Wouldn't you like to know :)

History: wouldn't you like to know :)

Personality: Vashal is a kind but strict instructor, she likes to dump lots of homework and has very high standards. Over all most students like her despite her strictness, she can have a sense of humour and is always eager to teach something new; often getting too excited when teaching her favorite subjects.

Vashal will be your instructor of the field trip, but just call her teacher!

13. Exzalia

lol everyone loves Nox. I wonder why that is?

Come on guys Gaia and charon need some love :p

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    ok, i'll make him a half elf lol. does that mean Tess is disriminated too cuz she's a halfer? or is it just half-elves only?

can't wait to strt the story!! can we post now or are we waiting for something?...

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

lol I've always been quite fond of it (the name and darkness), I have a character called nox on another forum :p

16. Exzalia

All half breeds face discrmination, even half breeds that are fully human. But half elves have it the worst.

There a whole history behind why that is that you will learn soon enough!

also you guys can post now if you wish, all charecters are meeting together before heading to the school court yard. Say hi introduce your self or just type what ever.

17. Pheonix

I posted! Not much, but I guess someone had to get it going right? :)

18. Exzalia

thanks, I'm too busy trying to make sure every one is approved to post much. Which is a GOOD THING!

love to write just sent me something as we speak :)

19. Pheonix

GMing isn't the easiest things. It will kinda eat all your time if you let it! :)

20. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Name: River Hoya

Race: Female Woodland Elf

Types of Eather/element: water, wind, earth

Novice Spell1: Defensive, Earthen Wall: A spell erecting a wall of hard dirt in front of her, absorbing 3 to 4 physical attacks and at max, two weak spells.

Novice Spell2: Offensive Stun, Water Barrage: This spell surrounds up to 4 opponents in a hurricane of water for 3 seconds . The attack leaves the opponent chocking on water giving her or a companion the needed time to gather their next spell. The spell works best when the opponent doesn't know to hold their breath.

Novice Spell3: Offensive, Wind Arrow: This spell is connected to an arrow. When she uses this spell, the arrow will explode upon impact. The wind will send the target flying back several feet. It has been known to break ribs. (This spell can be used in one post but will take some of her own energy as a result. This senario will only be used in an emergency,)

Novice Spell4: Support: This attack has no name. River is true to her name in this, her favorite spell. She senses underground rivers or water sources and with a water weave brings this water to the surface. If she brings up enough water she can cause the ground within a wide area to become muddy and slick. Opponets find them selves slipping and falling into the mud, unable to keep their footing.

Adept level spell: Dirt Barrage: This attack combines her earth and wind abilities into a powerful attack that expends much of her energy. She send dirt and rocks flying at her opponents at a terrific speed causing a great amount of damage. This attack is saved for emergencies.

Artifact If any: River has a small blue healing amulet that gets its energy from the sunlight. It is enough to heal minor injuries, and sustain her life for a short period of time from a fatal injury.

Brief character history: River is the daughter of Bangel Hoya, the leader of clan Dalua. These wooland elves live in the forest of Dalua on the outskirts of Damiruu. No one in the school, except Vashal knows she is a princess of the Dalua Elves. In her experience, every time someone finds out she is the daughter of this powerful clan they avoid her, rather than risk the wrath of Bangel should she choose to complain about them to her father; which is something she would never do.

Personality traits: River has a soft heart and an extreme love for nature. She also loves learning about the different cultures of Exzalia which is why she begged her father to let her go to school in Damiruu rather than being taught by her own kind as tradition would have it.

Other info: River is wearing a light blue hunting outfit (a dress the only reaches her knees and has dark blue leggings underneath.) She has brown hair flowing around her shoulders, with tints of red in the sunlight. She also has a faded silver belt with a symbol of 3 trees surrounding a city. The symbol of the Dalua Clan. A small dagger is sheathed on her belt; though she has trained with it she hopes to never have to use it. A bow with 18 arrows is often with her when she is not learning in school. A blue healing amulet is worn around her neck.[/QUOTE]

21. Exzalia

After more Characters have had the chance to introduce themselves I will begin advancing the story. But don't let that stop you if you want to still joined after the fact.

I have back up ways to introduce new chars well into the story :) I am super thrilled to see so many take interest lets make this one of the best RPGs out there!

22. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

I'm on it xD. I'll post my character in a while

23. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Name: Varem Tarkor

Race: Scorch fiend

Novice Spell1: Rock spike - A rocky spike raises from the ground towards the person.

Novice Spell2: Heal - Uses Gaia aether to rejuvenate and mend wounds.

Novice Spell3: Sink - Can be used either offensively to sink the enemy or defensively to hide Varem.

Novice Spell4: Commune - Varem is able to commune with animals.

Adept level spell: Cat form - Utilising Gaia aether Varem turns into a bronze cat (tiget etc not tabby). He uses this mostly for increased speed.

Artefact If any: Quoth the raven. A raven passed down through Varems clan and given to those who leave the valley to watch over them. Able

Brief character history: Varem is from a group of nature loving Scorch fiends. They prefer to embrace their earthen side and nature. The clan is one of the more peaceful clans, living in a valley surrounded by high mountains. While not overly friendly They use their Gaia aether to cultivate the plants and animals in the valley. Scorch fiends in his clan are known for using their to become various animals. Varem left the valley to explore and went to the school to see what it would be like.

Personality traits: Calm. Peaceful for the most part.

Other info: Fairly ignorant of other cultures. Wears a long robe that hides his horns and tail. His height and glowing eyes give him away however. Like most of his clan their body is more earthen than fire, his body colour is a dull muddish bronze.

24. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make a post in the main thread until tomorrow, for now here's my template:

Name: Carys Baskinger,

Race: Human, Charon

Novice Spell1: Embers: Target receives a series of stinging burns over 5 seconds

Novice Spell2: Torchlight: Creates a blinding light around the caster, dazzling attackers and preventing them from attacking for a brief period

Novice Spell3: Nurture: The caster absorbs the healing power of the earth beneath her feet, restoring health but rooting her to the ground for the duration of the heal

Novice Spell4: Swarm: The target is surrounded by a swarm of insects, confusing them and considerably slowing their attack for 7 seconds

Adept level spell: Conflagration: Fire encircles the target, causing fire damage to the target and surrounding enemies.

Artefact if any: Scorched wand: the only thing Carys could salvage from her home-deals considerable damage, but 50/50 against the caster vs the target.

Brief character history: Carys enjoyed a blissful childhood in Damiruu, and as the brightest & youngest of a large wealthy family she was utterly spoilt. Her perfect life was destroyed when her family home burned down in a kitchen fire, killing everyone except Carys, who due to her particularly small stature was able to wriggle out of a small window. She is wracked with guilt for fleeing her family and sees her studies as a way of justifying her survival, although she really struggles to kick her spoiled attitude.

Personality traits: Charming and lighthearted, but quite thoughtless and with a quick temper. Doesn't take criticism very well.

25. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Name: Lebry Gallaher

Race: Human

Novice Spell1: Bless bestowed by the life (Althea type; Healing spell): The eyes of the user glows with a shine light, and then that light emanates from all the holes of the body. It refills half of the vital energy of the user, or any ally. Also can heal any sickness on him

Novice Spell2: Night that covers the reality with uncertainty (Nox type, Defensive spell): The field is covered by a dark shadow that resembles a pitch black night with no stars at all. It helps the user and his allies to conceal their presence inside the darkness of the night, and also to project an uncertain presence into the mind of their oponent, thus distracting its attack.

Novice Spell3: A thousand of feathers, the white wings, a gift from the stars (Althea type, Offensive spell): The sky open revealing an intense light falling over Lebry, who now wears to shines on his back resembling wings, those can be used to flight and charge against his oponent, yet the true use is to fire the feathers of light that composes the wings into his opponents

Novice Spell4: Shadows that covers with fear the heart with the mind (Nox type, Enhancement spell): The weapons carried by Lebry covers themselve by the shadow of his opponent, after that the weapons not only get stronger, but also are able to inflict the fear of the owner of the shadow into itself, thus causing more than physical damage, a psychological damage. Reinforces the damage of the weapon, and if it's succesful can low the strenght and stamina of the target.

Adept level spell: The End (Nox type): Lebry can manipulate directly the abstract concept of "end", thus allowing him to bend or twist any end of any situation to the way he like. For example, the end of life, known as death, could be directly denied via twisting the concept that allow it existence directly, thus denying the death itself. Due to the extremely powerful nature of this skill. Lebry is limited to use it only three times on a battle (if you think that is too haxx, I can reduce it to two or one time). Because the concept of end, represents the finishing point of all, leading to a completely nothingness of those that has ended, it's aligned as a Nox type spell.

Artefact If any: Lebry doesn't carry an artefact, yet he wields a sword and a bow, plus a carcaj on his back

Brief character history: Lebry is a human of unknown origin, that searches for the truth of his own existence. He doesn't have any memories of his past. Inside of he, two copies of himself exists, yet is not as if two souls were living on the same body, as it has only one soul, and is only one being. However the conditions of his birth had two different posibilities, and due to a play of destiny, the two posibilities were given birth, thus the two coexist inside of him

Personality traits: A bipolar personality, that moves between the cheerful and innocent to the cold and realistic. Yet this doesn't stop Lebry from having a gentle heart

Other info: The bipolar personality, and the fact that he uses the opposing forces of Nox and Althea is due to his coexisting double nature.

PD: I rarely would use a cliche like the duality of light and darkness. Yet I'll do it, giving to it my touch of course