1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

The Orb of Pyritus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Jan 13, 2014.

Welcome travelers from far and wide! All out of character posts, questions, and approved character sheets go here!

CHARACTERS THUS FAR:

Love to Write:
    and

Fan7asticFox:
    TheApprentice:
    Jesswrite :
    BrandonrockstheAM:

Keitsumah:

Dagolas:

DRAS:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

With @Love to Write, co-modding this round of Orb chasing will be sure to rock. She will be running the main antagonist, while I operate the Theta Prime Gov't and direct from behind the scenes.

Happy hunting y'all ;)

3. Love to Write

Of course it is! It's your (excuse me, our) game after all. :)

losthawken likes this.
  4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

So much win! I'm glad this is back and I can't wait to start. Need to create a character sheet. Oh decisions, decisions...

losthawken and Love to Write like this.
  5. Love to Write

Meet one of my main characters:

Name: Dana Ethros
    Appearance: http://www.walldime.com/static/wall...word-magic-women-fire-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg

Personality:
    Rough and tough, Dana doesn't trust easily. To her compassion is rarity, mercy almost non-existent. She believes in the saying "kill or be killed" but will not take the life of one she believes to be innocent.

History: Dana comes from a war-torn world, blackened by a century of endless killing. It is a world where Wizards and Mortals vie for power and the right to be the sole owners of the planet. However, while wizards and mortals fight, there is a rebel group that is working towards unifying the two people. They believe in a world where Mortal and Wizard can coexist. Rebel group is split into five sections, each with their own set of responsibilities (i.e. soldiers, civilians, healers, engineers, and scientists), each consisting of a mixture of Mortal and Wizard.

Dana is a mortal, part of the Eagle's Guard, a top ranked group among the rebel soldiers. She is a highly decorated officer and is 2nd in line to title of Captian.

All Dana has ever known is war, and she has done her fair share of killing and watching friends killed. But still she holds on to that sliver of hope that she'll live to see the fighting end, and peace restored.

Powers/Equipment:

Two daggers powered by fire mana, a two-handed sword, and basic emergency supplies.

She is wearing armor that absorbs a portion of both physical and magical attacks.

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

I will be making CS for this, tomorrow or the day after.

7. Love to Write

Look forward to seeing it.

8. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

I'll also make a character for this as well. I figure why not. I'll make it when I can.

9. TheApprentice

I am trying to figure out if I want a mage, a demon possessed social pariah, or something else from one of my past rp's on roleplayerguild (otherwise known as The Guild). Just wondering, can I use more than one character?

10. Love to Write

For now. Stick with one. Then depending how many players we get, I may or may not allow you to have a second one.

11. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Good thinking LtW let's keep it simple to start.

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Well, here's the first non-combat type character I have ever made. I wonder how she will get the orb...?

Name: Eve
    Age: 657 (looks to be about 18 when she takes semi-human form)

Species: Satooria (Creatures that herd Asteroids)

Appearance: http://keitsumah.deviantart.com/art/Eve-427170069
    Eve is a pale, near transparent pink. Her upper body is like that of a human female, with arms and all ten fingers. Once past her hips, her body ends in a long, sinuous tail that helps her cling to asteroids or launch her from them. This is accomplished by coiling her tail into a spring. Her head is similar to that of a human's in structure, but she has no nose or mouth to speak of. The back of her head flows into a similar tail-like structure like the lower portion of her body. Though transparent, she has no visible organs, but if you look closely you can see thousands upon thousands of fragments of metals she has gathered over the years. These help her express herself by flipping into the light and covering her with a whole myriad of colors and patterns, like a chameleon.

Personality: Ignorant of absolutely everything except anything involving asteroids, water, and every kind of metal or rock, Eve is a very curious creature and is not afraid to explore new things. She is not aggressive in the least, though not every creature may see that she does not have any ill intent for them.

History: Eve was "born" on the face of an asteroid, as nothing more than a tiny pink blob in a sea of flying rock, ice, and metal. Aka: the rings of Saturn. Her kind are little known, if known at all, and herd and gather asteroids for their minerals. Each member of her kind are few and far between, so going several hundred years without seeing another of her kind is not uncommon.

Powers/Equipment:
    - Eve cannot be affected by physical attacks, however if she were struck by electricity the blow would be devastating.

-Eve has her own "anti-gravity" field. So regardless of whatever environment she is in, she will still be able to hover and move about easily.

-She can turn into anything she sees, though her color and texture cannot mimic another's.

-You can only capture her by putting her in a sealed container -otherwise she can just squeeze right out again.

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Name: Felix Rainer

Species: Human

Appearance: Felix is a man with ruggedly handsome charm. His dashing brown hair flicked effortlessly to the side just about covers the bright blue eyes beneath, enough to give him a smouldering allure. A tempting grin and light stubble provide Felix with his devilish rogue look.

Not only that but he is strapping young man – the tall, dark and handsome kind; usually sporting a deep blue shirt that’s rolled up at the sleeves and slightly too open at the chest, with a bandolier of ammo rolled around him. He wears a pair of dark grey trousers, held up by his energy pistol holster and to top the whole look off a nice set of muddied and discoloured boots.

Personality: With no short of confidence, Felix uses his good looks and silver tongue to get himself out of – and sometimes into – trouble. He prides himself on the elaborate con, the mystifying escape, the theatrical scam. Just the thrill of it is enough to beam a smile across his face.

Though never trust him to have your back. When things get a little too hot to handle, he will be out the exit in a flash, probably with your wallet. But that rule doesn’t apply for the women though, regardless however dangerous they are. He’ll pull out all the stops to get the girl... and use them to get what he really wants.

History: Left as a child at Haslow Institution, the largest space based orphanage in the galaxy, Felix grew up with no loving parental figures in his life, only the cruel disciplined care workers of the children’s home.

From the off he was always going to be rebel, never settling for the rules and the system, and always trying to gain the attention of other kids with audacious ways to upset the apple cart. One time he took all the care worker clothes from their wardrobes and jettisoned them straight into space, all while they slept in their dorms. When they eventually caught him, he turned to the window and saluted the fabrics now hanging in space, quipping that they should have a moments silence to remember their fallen cottons. He was subsequently punished.

While at the orphanage Felix had greatly admired the books and stories that sat in the Haslow library, reading tales of heroic adventurers travelling the galaxy searching for hidden treasures, fighting off pirates and landing in unknown worlds. It was all he ever dreamed about and really escalated his bad behaviour.

In the end, when he turned sixteen, it took a few stern government officials to change his fortunes around. They had come to punish him more… permanently. He had other ideas. The orphanage and officials searched high and low for Felix, yet they could not find him anywhere on the children’s home. But that’s because he wasn’t on the children’s home. Felix gleefully tapped along buttons and controls, undocked the government ship he had stolen and without a look back he blasted off into the unknown.

And that was ten years ago.

Powers/Equipment: Just an energy revolver and the clothes on his back.

14. Love to Write

Looks good! should be interesting.

15. Love to Write

First posts are up, feel free to post as you will.

16. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I'll have a sheet up soon.

17. TheApprentice

Name: Shadenfreude
    Species: Ancient spiritual being (Claims to be one of many others like himself who created the first universe in the very beginning of time, but could be full of shit)
    Appearance: Looks to be in his late 20's despite his real age. He has green eyes, light blonde hair, lightly tanned white skin, and dresses nicely no matter what. He is 6 feet tall and 210 blb's, muscular with an eight pack.

Personality: Despite his polite personality and being kind at first, he usually has ulterior motives. He will help you if you ask him, but don't be fooled; he is malevolent by nature. On some occasions, more often than rare, but less often than sometimes, he is true to his word, and does what may be considered "good," though his means of accomplishing his goal are questionable.

History: He has taken part in the business of supernatural creatures before, as he finds them more interesting than humans. He has been absorbing humans that are like himself, though. Historical figures such as Nero, Vlad the Impaler, Jack the Ripper, and many others have been absorbed into Shadenfreudes being, help in him keep his strength.

Powers and Equipment:

- Weapons will cause him physical pain and make him bleed, but he doesn't die this way. He can be destroyed, but nobody knows how.

- Can absorb people, as he needs to in order to keep his strength. However, he can go over a hundred years before not doing this has any effect.

- He heals at a quick rate. A bullet wound will be gone in minutes. Many wounds will heal all at once, but could take days for him to fully heal.

- He can burst into a swarm of locusts.

- Pyrokinesis. He can burn things and start fires with his mind.

18. Keitsumah

I should have put Quetza in this just to have her pull shit on ur char -she was born at the dawn of time too! XD

19. TheApprentice

And your character would play pranks on schadenfreude whenever he tries to carry out his evil plans.

20. Keitsumah

mmm.... im considering that my next char -whenver that comes about- will be the ultimate evil char.

im too nice. need to practice being... dark.

black fangs and venom.

21. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude is more eviler!

22. Love to Write

@apprentice: Nice. Just note you will not be allowed to absorb any players. NPCs...feel free. :D

23. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

@Love to Write:

You know

Since you been such a help with BM so far and I've never been in a game by you and I have two characters I been wanting to use.

Then I think I should probably throw my hat into this as well.

24. Love to Write

:D Thanks King. But don't do it for me...do it for the newbies. :) That and this does allow for a much bigger variety of characters than Jumpers did.

25. TheApprentice

So can I post?