Tales of the Jedi: Return of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bewitched, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

Katgur stood silently, watching the preceedings. Nice of me to be impressive. Slapping around alongside the cockpit to dropping down into the corridor...

Katgur tried not to shake his head. He didn't care too much. But Katgur knew the value of multiple waves of attack. The Jedi were fairly disorganized at the current moment...Katgur didn't know.

So Katgur did what he did best and found another door, and delved into the side halls and upper levels of the Jedi Temple. Sticking with groups wasn't his strongest suit...groups had always hurt him. Even if they are Jedi, I will find my own way back to the kin of Skywalker. I'll shadow the group in case anything bad happens...

2. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

The bounty hunter's ship was wrecked. Smoke billowed from the damage the Jedi had caused with their lightsabers and deflected laser fire. Only the pilot remained, the leader of the mercenearies. He was seated in his tall black chair in the middle of the ship, his gaze never leaving the corridor that he was blasting apart. President Leia was in his sights, but she had out her green lightsaber and she easily blocked anything he could fire at her. She was also firing back with her own long-range gun, and she had already crippled his guidance systems; but then someone called Leia's name.

"Leia!" Asa called, "Master Root!"

President Skywalker was briefly distracted, her eyes sliding to the Jedi Padawan that was running at her.

In that split second, the bounty hunter acted. He pressed the large red button on his desk and fired what looked like a glowing blue pill out of the ship, but it was really a sonic bomb. The bounty hunter grinned behind his helmet and toggled the ship to turn around.

Leia turned back in time to see the bomb, but she could not act fast enough. Master Root heard Asa call him and saw the sonic bomb sailing through the air. Everything moved in slow motion as he flitted across the corridor to Leia's side. He raised his hand and the bomb ricochetted back at the ship. The bounty hunter barely had enough time to be surprised before the bomb exploded and destroyed his vessel.

When the debris had stopped falling, Master Root called out to his students. "Is everyone all right?" He dusted off his robe and President Leia tentatively put away her weapons. "Too bad we couldn't question the mercenary," Leia growled, her pretty face contorted into a hateful scowl. "They killed my men. I want to know who their employer was. Their kind doesn't act without motivation, and by that I mean currency."

Master Root nodded in agreement. "We will stay and help you...," he began, but the Galactic President waved him off.

"No, you must find Luke, for all we know this attack and his disappearance are linked somehow," Leia reasoned. She touched his shoulder. "Go in peace, friend. May the Force be with you." She turned to the Padawans. "May the Force be with all of you." Even battered and bruises, Leia was still breathtaking: her hair a mess and her white robes puckered with burnt holes, she looked like an avenging angel. When she had met each of their eyes, she nodded and went to the side of the fallen Elite Guards and her wounded Troopers to heal them. The distant sirens of the Coruscant Law Patrolers trilled from afar.

After everything had calmed down, Alain Root had taken his Padawans to their ship, the Whisper X. Inside, it was built like a luxury ship, with comfortable gel-foam seats with leather coverings, a fully-stocked bar and mood lighting. But Alain explained that it was also built for deep-space voyages and it could resist almost any attack; it's armor was nearly impenetrable, and it was made from a special stealth metal that could not be detected by technology. In moments Alain had taken his seat at the helm and they were off. The ship started with a soft vrooom and they barely felt it lift off. The only indicator that they were moving was the changing scenary outside and the gentle rocking of the Whisper as the exited the planet's atmosphere. Finally, they were in space.

Alain set their course on the ship's computer and swiveled around in his seat to face the crew. "So, how is everyone?" he said, steepling his fingers under his chin. "We haven't had a chance to talk since...you know..happened." He was mentioning the massacre of the Government Troopers at the Jedi Temple. For all he knew, this was their first time seeing dead bodies. He wanted to make sure they were coping.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Taura Maymier

Taura padded quietly out of the shower-room, rubbing a towel over her face when she heard Alain speak. Without her gear she looked like any ordinary Tauntaun -if a bit fluffy from the bath and towel drying.

"We haven't had a chance to talk since...you know..happened."

She remained mute despite the fact that Alain's gaze slid over to her. They all knew that she had literally been covered in blood after the battle, and she still couldn't get the smell of it out of her nostrils. Ducking her head, she turned and padded towards the bar, and the droid only had to glance up before proffering a glass of water laced with a tranquilizer. Gulping the fluid down, the Tauntaun blinked a few times as the fiery liquid bloomed in her stomach, and her muscles slowly relaxed. It wasn't strong enough to knock her out -just enough to keep her calm after what had happened. Temporary relief was better than nothing at least.

4. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Asa and Caeleck

Out of character note: this post takes place directly after #49, this is #54.

Asa glanced over his shoulder to see if the others were still following him, he noticed Caeleck was almost beside him. "You're fast," he breathed. He jumped over the crippled body of one of Leia's guards. His throat began to clog up with smoke, and breathing became harder. The ash and dust burned in his eyes and he was forced to slow down to a jog. He could barely make out the slender figure of Caeleck through the murky black and brown haze. It was both comforting and unsettling to have her running at his side. Comforting because of her skills with a light saber and unsettling because of her skills with sight. Asa slowed to a halt, the fiery smoke pierced his lungs, "where did you last see her?"

Caeleck could barely breathe and her throat burned with smoke as she struggled to answer Asa through her coughing,

"By the Whisper, before the missile. I didn't understand much after that," she was overtaken by a fit of coughs that caused her to double over on her knees. Asa stopped for a moment but before he could do anything she straightened up and jogged back up to his side. She hated feeling helpless, and after what happened earlier she didn't want any help.

"Her force light still lingers, she lives, but I can't trace it," she told Asa.

Asa stretched out his arm in front of Caeleck to stop her. "Are you alright?" He didn't know why he cared, and it was a silly questions besides, and still he asked. He didn't spot any physical injuries on her, but the smoke clouded his vision. The destructive fog began to tighten its grip around his throat.

"Look out!" he shouted. Without warning, he grabbed Caeleck's arm and dragged her to the wall at his left, where the air was clearer. A sonic bomb hurled past them, ripping apart the foggy smoke that had hidden Leia from sight. Master Alain proved himself worthy of his title and bounced the crackling energy bomb back towards the ship. Asa saw the fear in the eyes of the bounty hunter, then the fire consumed him.

Caeleck rubbed absently at her arm where Asa had grabbed her, somewhat stunned by the sudden contact.

Caeleck reached tentatively toward Asa with her Force sight to See him. As she read Asa's Aura she was shocked by how the Aura seemed to fold itself around her probe, welcoming her. Almost instantly their Aura's connected and blended to match in color, purple and blue becoming a darker indigo color. She withdrew quickly and shuddered, her head drooped with sudden exhaustion as she leaned against the wall for support.

"Fine," she said quietly.

Asa trembled ever so slightly, he sensed a presence close to his own, almost indistinguishable from himself. He rubbed his head. It was probably an illusion, the smoke must've gotten to his mind. The dust settled and all was quiet for a moment. “Come,” Asa said as he sheathed his lightsaber. The battle was over, they'd won.

5. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck slumped in her seat with a terrible migraine. Her healing power only extended so far as to physical wounds, but it was her mind that was damaged. To someone who used her mind to see, the migraine rendered her blind. She was living in darkness and pain. What bothered her the most was how her shoulder was still numb from where she held felt the laser go through Asa, and she was afraid of what that would mean for her future encounters with him.

"So, how is everyone?" Master Root asked, "We haven't had a chance to talk since...you know..happened."[/B]

Huddled as she was within the folds of her cloak, Cealeck hoped no one saw her wince as Master Root spoke. She couldn't help the feeling, however, that someone saw. Through the haze of her migraine she felt genuine concern filter through to her, but not from where it came. She chose to ignore Master Root's question and concentrate instead bracing herself for the others to begin talking.

I don't mind what happened, she thought, I've seen battle before, who hasn't in this age? I am only angry at myself cause I was rendered helpless to the others through my own stupidity. Cealeck folded her arms more tightly against her her bottom lip trembling and her forehead creased in pain. My master always said I could be a Jedi whenever I wanted. My pathetic shielding was all that was holding me back. Please, Cealeck begged the Force and any other entity that might exist, Please help me learn to keep my shields!

Asa plopped down between Caelek and Sevren. He let his hand slide over the velvet like cloth and mindlessly punched holes in the gel foam with his finger. He glanced at Master Alain.

"I am fine. I am used to the chaos, Master Kaile doesn't shy away from danger. So neither do I, as his Padawan." He rubbed his shoulder. "The guy hit me though, but Caelek here took care of it." He smiled at her, but his smile faded when he saw the strain in her face. "He got you too huh?" Asa said when he noticed that she was rubbing her shoulder. He graciously repayed his debt and tried to heal her shoulder. To his own surprise the force seemed to come much easier to him. As if his desire to help her bypassed the often required concentration and meditation to tap into the force. "Better?"

Caeleck started in surprise as her shoulder was healed, which resulted in a gasp of pain as the movement hurt her head,

"Yes," she said tensely, barely above a whisper,"My shoulder was numb for some reason, I don't know why," Or rather I do, and I just don't want to tell you."But it's my head that hurts. Migraine," And I definitely am not going to tell you why on that one either. she thought worriedly. The last thing she wanted was for Master Root to find her weakness and possibly pull her from the search.

"Well you took quite the blast," Asa said. "Are you sure you are alright?"

"I'm fine," she said tersely, wincing as she spoke too loud, "I just need to recover," she added quietly. "Nothing a little sleep won't heal," I hope.

6. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Sevren's Room

The difference an hour makes was quite incredible; one moment the group were heavy in a heated battle, the next they were sipping on drinks and relaxing in plush leather chairs. The Whisper X was so rich in decoration with luxury rooms for every member, including en suites, king sized beds and even holo comms for droid room service. If anything, all of it put Sevren on edge. He was not used to such frivolous expenses being casually thrown here and there. In all honesty he had been more in his element at the ship corridor an hour ago.

All he was hoping for now was an excuse to get somewhere other than this bridge, with Master Root droning on about the psychological ramifications of seeing another being dead or even killing them. Granted, Sevren knew it was important for Jedi to understand, but he’d killed enough in his time for it to become old hat. There is no death, there is only the force.

"So, how is everyone?" Master Root asked, "We haven't had a chance to talk since...you know..happened."

Perfect. Sevren stood up from his seat next to Asa. “I am well Master Root. But I think I’ll take my leave to meditate on the events of today.”

He took the silence as consent and made his way through the bridge double doors. Traipsing across the ship Sevren finally made it to his luxury cabin, complete with its sleek titanium design and flawless silence. He took one look and left.

Searching the Whisper X high and low for what seemed like hours, Sevren eyes finally landed on a spot just for him. He rolled out a mat on its cold steel flooring and sat down to listen to the gentle hum of the engines next door. The room was dark, yet busy, with several droids securing metal boxes in place for the main hyperspace warp. Of all the places on the Whisper X the cargo hold was the most peaceful. Well, to Sevren it was anyway. There was nothing flash or fancy just a simple area to meditate in, completely disconnected from the treasures of the Republic.

7. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Alain Root gave his Padawan crew a look over. Taura had turned to drinking to calm her nerves. Caeleck had a look of barely concealed pain on her face, but Asa did somethingto help, even though Caeleck still looked a bit aggitated. Asa himself was taking the whole thing in stride, but Alain didn't know if that was a good sign, or not. Was he simply courageous, or was he apathetic and uncaring of the lives they had just lost? Alain decided he was maybe just a bit naive, he didn't want to believe a Jedi Padawan could be that calloused. Sevren went to meditate, which Alain Root completely understood. A Jedi could find inner peace by connecting with the Force, at any time or place.

"We can do this," Alain found himself saying. "I know we can find Luke. You've been through a lot, Padawans, but there may be more to endure as the days go by. I ask each of you to brace yourselves for the worst, but for now: rest." He activated the AC with the flip of a switch and cool air blasted from the vents. Then the Master Jedi stood up and went to the bar, where he ordered a toxic-green drink with a larvae worm floating in it. He sipped and sighed, deeply at ease.

Just as he was about to ask Taura what kind of drink she was partaking in, he heard a thump in the vent overhead. Reaching out with the Force, Alain sensed a familiar presence on the ship that he had not felt in a while.

"We have a stowaway onboard," Alain Root growled, his fierce sky-colored gaze locked on the ceiling.

8. Macaberz

Asa Green.

Asa had been nid nodding. He dreamt of a ball, a big leather ball like he used to have when he was seven. He saw his father again, raging against him, scolding him for not having washed the raisins that littered the floor. He looked down, but there was no floor, only a gaping black hole. His father dissappeared and the hole grew wider and wider, it's force seemed to suck him in. He didn't resist. Through space and time he went, days were mere hours, hours mere seconds, yet the starfield he found himself in seemed to stretch out forever. He was alone. He felt his heart pounding against his ribs, but when he looked at his own chest, there was nothing there. The starlight faded, he was alone and in the dark.

Asa's eyes fluttered open, his head had almost fallen upon Caeleck's shoulder. Almost. Relieved, he straightened himself in his seat. He felt like he had been asleep for hours, but the digital clock indicated that only a few minutes had passed. He wiped the sweat of his brow and subconsciously rubbed his chest. Just a bad dream, he thought to himself. Though he found it hard to shake the fear that the dream had instilled in him. It had been nonsensical, yet so very real.

"We have a stowaway onboard,"

Asa blinked lazily, shook his head a few times then snapped his eyes wide open. "I'll deal with it master," he said. He had his lightsaber out in a flash, his mind sailed outward, probing the for the anomaly aboard their ship. He sensed a presence, in a secluded area, to the far side of the ship. Without waiting for approval from Alain, Asa stepped through a door and disappeared into the maze of corridors. Within minutes he found his target. There was definitely something alive in the tool room, near the engines. Asa enabled his lightsaber and kicked the door open. He readied his blade to strike at the shadow of a man in the corner, but he stopped himself and lowered his saber.

"Oh, its you." He flicked the lights on. "Strange place to meditate, Sevren," Asa noted. The ex-Sith gave him chills, though he hid it well.

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Sevren and Asa

"Oh, its you." He flicked the lights on. "Strange place to meditate, Sevren," Asa noted. The ex-Sith gave him chills, though he hid it well.

Sevren did not move a muscle, keeping perfectly still on his mat. His eyes were closed to the world but he saw everything so very clearly.

“I sense doubt in you.” He said to break the silence, eyes clamped shut.

"Doubt? I am fine really," Asa said. "Master Alain said there was a stowaway aboard so I went looking for him, so if you mean that I am not sure where to find him, I guess you could call that doubt." Still, Asa desired to speak with Sevren, he was the closest Asa had ever gotten to a Sith. A silence fell between them which only served to put him on edge. He let out a sigh and sat down opposite to Sevren. "You were a Sith once, weren't you?" he began carefully.

“I prefer to call it misguided… but yes I was. Once. No longer. And never again.” Sevren said calmly, still meditating through the force. “Where are you going with this Asa?”

Asa ignored Sevren's remark. He tried to meet Sevren's eyes but only got to see skin. He shifted his weight, "I'm just wondering, about the Sith." He paused for a moment. "You aren't the first Sith I have talked to, but he never answered my questions. I must know," he gulped, "are they really that evil?" He raised his hands in defense, "I mean, I know so little about them, I can't believe we are any better than them, did you see how our president relished in killing those bounty hunters?" Asa's voice increased, the muscle in his jaw tightened. "My Master taught me that history is written by the victor, I must know if what we're being taught about the Sith is true."

Sevren’s eyes were now very much open. The tone of the conversation had made him ill at ease; concerned about the intention of the questions. “I would not call President Leia’s reaction as enjoyable. She was focused on knowledge, of the ship and the bounty hunter.” He began to get up with the intention of leaving. He did not realise the cargo hold would be so busy. “I will not talk about the Sith. It is something I promised myself seven years ago and I do not intend to change that.” He walked towards Asa, and ultimately the door. “History is not written by victors, but by the survivors. The Jedi have survived. The Sith are dead. Is that not enough for you?”

Asa lowered his head in defeat. The other Sith he had spoken had responded just the same, throwing empty words at him, avoiding a straight answer. It had always mystified him why no one would talk of the Sith and their ways. All the would do was recount the horrors, the slaughters, the tyranny. But how much of that was true? Why wouldn't the ex-Sith simply answer yes or no? Asa got to his feet, he sensed there was more to this Sevren than met the eye. He was not to be trusted, that much was for sure. Frustrated he deliberately bumped into Sevren as he walked past him. He was half way into a corridor when he turned around, anger rising inside of him. Weren't they supposed to work together? Weren't they supposed to share their knowledge and experience? "It's not enough. If you won't tell then..." Asa cut off his sentence. "I am sorry," he said, his voice calmed. "I shouldn't have asked." He glanced to the door at the end of the corridor, "we better tell Master Alain that you aren't the stowaway he is looking for."

Sevren gave a rough growl. “No, you shouldn’t have asked. I want you out. Now. I came here to meditate, not fuel the desires of an ignorant, egotistical child. Tell Master Root yourself.” He scowled at Asa before turning away to his mat, casually flicking a hand in the air to Force shut the cargo bay door.

Asa flinched when the door slammed shut in front of him. The metallic echo bounced around the corridor, until there was only silence. Silent as the terrible black hole of not knowing inside of him. It had only grown wider, usurping every other feeling until only a simmer of anger was left. If no one would tell him, he was only left with two options, hunt the truth himself or force answers out of Sevren. He closed his eyes, bringing up the shield of deceitful calm. Cool. Quiet. Entirely without accident. Then, he headed back to Master Alain.

10. Texan Gandhi

Texan Gandhi New Member

“No, you shouldn’t have asked. I want you out. Now. I came here to meditate, not fuel the desires of an ignorant, egotistical child. Tell Master Root yourself.”

Katgur saw the exchange between the ex-sith and the youngin. Curious, to see a sith. I wonder what he saw in the Light that he didn't in the dark. Katgur let the yougin pass him in the hallway, obviously set on something, and missing the black furred being in the darkness of edges of the cargo bay. For some reason, Katgur didn't mind that too much. The young do not always know what the actions cause...the young of mine gave me these scars. Though, the old did as well...

Katgur watched the Sith. A being of power. I wonder what he would say to me...

Katgur rose from his shadows and took a few steps forward, a curt roaring greeting anouncing his presence. "Do you happen to speak wookie, my friend?"

11. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Xelas Fretna

Xelas awkwardly finds a seat. Ever since the battle started, he has felt weird. Xelas has never seen someone take another's life and what a ruthless process it is. A life that has been worked on for fifty years can be destroyed in a split moment. I could just whip out a lightsaber and kill a Jedi master. I would never do something so terrible, but I could destroy something that has been worked on for centuries. I would destroy trust that has been built for even longer. What is a Jedi without trust? What is a broken masterpiece? The carnage has been bothering Xelas, although he does not want to talk about it. The other Jedi have probably seen carnage. It would surely make Xelas look like less of a man. He can envision them laughing at him for taking it so hard already. Something has been bothering Xelas more than the carnage alone though. Something weird happened on that battlefield. Xelas did not crush, but rather he cured. He tried to raise his hand and destroy the ship in a swift action, but a wounded man simply got up instead. The man looked at him, not around in confusion. The healing came from Xelas' hand. Can I fix a broken masterpiece? The man seemed fine. A life was saved out there. It was unintentional though. The force is all about control and Xelas had none. Xelas has simply done something great, not become a master of healing.The man seemed more than fine. He seemed like he could run a mile more than his typical jog. Can I make a masterpiece better? There is only one way to find out if Xelas just had a happy mistake. That way is to try the same thing again, three times is a pattern. Three times will convince him of the great things that he can do.

"Taura, you charged into battle. Surely, you are injured?" Xelas asks. He doesn't do this purely to help Taura, but to find his limits. Helping Taura is just the cherry on top.

The potential power of this "good thing" is unbelievable, if I can just learn the curve of it. Any child with a gun is a soldier, but it takes a true hero to fix what the soldiers break. Why couldn't I use this ability in the past though? Why could I only crush and trick? Why can I not crush now? Can I trick? That does not matter to me right now. Right now, I am going to make things better. I am going to bring order to entropy with ease. If I can heal Taura's wounds, that is just the start. I will heal others, no, I will make them invulnerable! I will make the Jedi a fixable force! They won't just be fixable though, they will be enhanced. Can I make a masterpiece better?

12. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck

Caeleck's consciousness flitted between sleep and wakefulness. She heard Master Root as if he was at the far end of a tunnel and didn't quite comprehend what he was saying. The conversation between Taura and Xelas was also muffled in that way. She struggled to bring herself back to full awareness, afraid that if she fell asleep now she wouldn't be waking up again.

That knock to my head could be a concussion, despite the Sensory overload that alone would of been worrisome. I daren't fall asleep for another couple hours. she thought. Asa's healing had, mercifully, eased her migraine to the point where it was only a dull throb. She was vaguely aware of Asa sitting next her, his head lolling in sleep as she wished her's was. She found his presence comforting if not a little uneasy, He's having a nightmare.... wait. What?! That brought Caeleck to full awareness. Before she could do anything though Asa had gotten up and stalked away, his light saber ready in his hand. Caeleck watched as he walked noticing how his clear blue aura became stained with small spots of red. Unbalanced, she thought. Cealeck's aura was purple, a mix of the red and blue variations of the Force, as was most of her race. Living so closely to the force had caused them to see both sides equally, and with their acceptance of both sides without wavering to far to either extreme caused them to have internal balance. Although there were exceptions.

Force sensitives that were blue only accepted the Side of Light. Those that were red only accepted the Dark side, like the Sith. Purple's were the balanced, accepting both sides. Green's were those the not only accepted both sides but also understood them in a deeper level then most. Hence why most of the Great Master's had green aura's. Orange's were the most unusual, Much like their Aura holder's Caeleck thought cynically, they were the red's that were just beginning to understand the Side of Light but still used the Dark Side from time to time. Asa's aura was blue most of the time, but the fact he had red spots meant he was unbalanced and could waver to one side or the other. This worried Caeleck more then she was used to, and she wondered why she cared so much.

A fierce roar sounded sounded somewhere in the ship and Cealeck jerked her head upright from where it had been drooping on her chest. Sending out her tendrils of Sight she recognized the Wookie she has seen in the battle before. She didn't speak Wookie, but from his Aura she read that he only wanted to talk.

Let someone else deal with him then, she thought off-offhandedly. She then searched for Asa, wanting to see if he got under control. She found him all right but all of his Aura color was gone, leaving only a black void. He's hiding something, and is very good at doing so. She got up and went to confront him before he got back to Master Root. As much as I respect Master Root, I don't think he will be able to help Asa very much anymore. He can't See as I do. with this in mind she picked her pace to a fast walk as she followed Asa's Aura trail.

13. Keitsumah

Taura looked back at Xelas, head tilting to one side in bewilderment. "I was, but President Leia healed us. The only injuries i still hold are of the mind, and i doubt those can ever be healed." She didn't bother mentioning the stains in her fur. She'd tried to clean the blood off as well as possible, but the fur on her head and neck refused to turn back to their original colors. How could anyone else try to clean those off if she couldn't?

Taura's nostrils flared suddenly as an unfamiliar scent hit her nose. Ah. That might be the stowaway Master Root had been speaking of. Curiosity spiked, and her fear of being put in a bad situation dulled by the tranquilizer, Taura turned and padded towards the doors. "Xelas, would you mind coming with me? I think i can smell them."

14. Macaberz

Asa Green

Asa turned around a corner and nearly bumped into Caeleck. "Sorry," he muttered, "I didn't see you coming." His voice came from far, as if he had to drag himself out of deep consideration. There was a brief silence between them, one which he was quick to break. "I was just heading back, I didn't find our mysterious guest, but I did run across Sevren." His lips curled into a smile, "did you know he meditates in the cargo bay?" It was a pointless question, of course she didn't know, but anything that could distract her from what had occured between him and Sevren was a welcome excuse. He looked around, to make sure they were alone and lowered his voice to a whisper. "I don't like the way he is secluding himself, he gives me the creeps." Deep inside he wanted to yell at Caeleck, he wanted to unleash his anger at having been called an ignorant child, but he kept his nerve. "we should be heading back," he concluded. Something told him Master Root wouldn't approve of him having taken the iniative.

15. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck

Caeleck tried to pierce Asa's void and See what he was feeling, but it was like touching an ice-cube. Her hands were trembling and her mouth was turned in a worried frown. She didn't know why she felt so strongly to help the human boy, all she knew was that if she didn't....I don't know what i'll do

"Asa..." she said quitely, "Asa can I help you, i mean, do you need to talk? Wait, oh hell," Caeleck dropped her head and folded her trembling hands, she felt so cold. She knew for a fact she was experiencing the energy Asa's void was radiating, as her shields had worn thin again. She struggled to decipher what feelings were hers and what were Asa's void. She knew she was on the verge of another collapse and she needed to rest and recuperate before her mind took any more damage. But she couldn't just leave Asa the way he was, she just couldn't.

But neither can I help him in the state i'm in,she thought. How can I help him, when I can't even control myself?

"Yes, I suppose you should be heading back," she said finally. Bringing her head back up and standing a little taller. "I Felt and heard a Wookie on board, he may be the intruder." she paused and reached her hand up to touch his arm, but instead brought it back and folded her arms into her robes. "I'm heading to my room to rest." with that she gently brushed passed Asa and walked slowly down the corridor, swaying a little as she went and shivering.

16. Macaberz

Asa Green.

Caeleck was obviously not well. He pulled himself out of the deep valley of his thoughts, and observed her, too indecisive to act. She stumbled away, swaying dangerously from one side to the other. "Hang on," Asa called as he chased after her. "What's going on with you? Were you hit that badly?" He cocked his head, trying to decipher the conflict between what Caeleck was saying and what her body language was shouting at him. Without asking for permission he slung her arm over his shoulder. "You're cold. It seems to me you're the one in need of help." Asa said, concern trickled through his voice like water seeping through the cracked brickwork of his mental defenses. He subdued the confusion that stirred in his stomach, already the companions of this mission had showed that they were struggling. Not just with each other, but with themselves.

He realized the brilliance of Master Root's question. The Jedi Master had pierced straight through all of them, his question hadn't been so much about their phsyical wellbeing as it was about them coping with each other and themselves. Asa considered Master Root had all the right in the world to be concerned. This zoo of creatures was doomed to fail, if they continued on the path they'd chosen. Seclusion and distrust had already parted them. He clenched his teeth, if he'd only could have gone alone, or perhaps with his Master, Kaile.

Asa considered asking Master Root for permission to invite his master to take part in the mission, and perhaps Caeleck, she seemed...resourceful.

17. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck froze at Asa's shoulder supporting her. Her shields had worn thin, she feared what she'd pick up from his aura. All she sensed was a freezing chill. He had barricaded his mind well.

His voice betrayed concern, dismantling the cloaks of his mind and letting warmth trickle through instead. She turned to face him and see him a little better. With his defenses lowered, she witnessed anger and confusion. She couldn't tell what he was thinking about, yet his concern gave her hope.

Maybe I can still help him. Maybe my weakness can cure his, she thought to herself.

“I am fine, physically.” She halted, her resolve wavering, then shook her head. It's the only way. “Mentally? Well, that missile knocked me against a wall. I lost all my shields, I could feel everything from everyone.” She shuddered. “Some more than most,” she added. “It overwhelmed me, it's like being everyone at once. It worsened my concussion for sure.” She looked down, “I can't heal mind wounds, only a Miraluka master can heal a Miraluka mind. I need rest, meditation and,” she faced him sternly, “someone to teach me how to shield myself better.”

Asa was surprised by Caeleck's straightforward demeanor. She'd appeared to be a quiet sort of person, but now she was asking for his help? A gentle smile curled his lips, “I'd be glad to help you.” A warmth settled inside of him, turning the coal of smoldering anger into one of care and compassion.

He slackened his pace a bit, "Caeleck...the others, do they know of your condition? Should they know?"

Caeleck snorted, a strange sound from someone who looked so delicate.

“I've always had trouble with my shields,” she said absently, “that's the only reason I'm not a knight yet.” Her mind drifted towards her Master, a Miraluka female like herself. They rarely left their homeworld of Alpheridies and her Master had chosen to stay behind when Caeleck had been summoned by Master Root.

Asa gave her a questioning look.

“The other's don't know, nor do I want them to. I want to help find Master Luke,” she stopped them from walking and turned to face him directly. “You keep many secrets of your own, I hope you will permit me mine.” She looked at him and quelled the happy feeling that rose in her chest. His void was almost gone, replaced by the warm blue she was accustomed to. She felt at ease now that even the stains of red had faded and leaned back into him, resting heavily against his shoulder. Asa's heart skipped a beat when she rested her head on his shoulder. It made him feel safe, yet insecure, it became harder and harder to cloak his emotions when someone came so near. Keeping up mental defenses was putting the mind on other things and preventing it from lingering on forbidden thoughts. He couldn't decide if she posed a threat to his facade, but he doubted it. For years he'd been able to hide his feelings, even from the Jedi Masters. Caeleck sensed his internal doubt, but waved it away. She had made enough progress with him to be satisfied he would not turn Dark anytime soon.

“I could use some sleep," she told him, "Could you bring me t-?”

Asa hushed her with a nod and began to lead her to her bunk. Caeleck smirked.

“On second thought, you should head back. Tell Master Root that...”

“He can wait, I am taking care of you first,” he interjected. The amount of trust she put in him stunned him with joy. Trust was an increasingly rare currency, seldom exchanged, even among the Jedi. “Do you think we'll find him? Master Skywalker I mean.”

“I don't know, I don't think its for us to decide, but I will try my hardest to find him.” She sighed, “we all have our doubts, Asa, but doubt is only a distraction, and a path to the dark side. Trying to alter your fate or doubting the course you are on only leads to the loss of your soul and the lives of others.”

Asa fell silent and Caeleck felt no need to try and get him to speak again. They quietly walked towards her room in companionable silence, both thinking things that the other could not decipher. As they reached her door Caeleck softly pulled away from Asa and instead leaned against the door frame for support, then faced him again. Asa returned her steady gaze,

“Get some rest, and keep the door locked, we still have a stowaway to deal with.” He turned and began to march away.

“Wait,” Caeleck called. Asa froze, then turned.

“You're the only one I have told as much as I have. You know more about me than my master,” she said.

Asa frowned, "I feel honored," he replied. "Why are you telling me this?"

“I don't know why,” she muttered. A sigh escaped her mouth, “be more careful, and I don't mean just physically.” With that she closed the door leaving him in the hallway.

She stumbled to her bed and laid down in it. Slowly, she shut off her senses and tuned into the Force. One thought kept her from meditating, what is it about him?

18. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Xelas had hoped that Taura was wounded, not that he wished ill upon her, but for the sake of advancement. However, he bowed respectfully and replied to her,
    "I would be happy to accompany you in finding them." Taura looked as if there was a disturbance. She had the kind of tone shared by someone with a gun to the back of their head, indirectly asking someone to call for help.

Xelas gets up to follow Taura to wherever her nose leads her. Xelas has his healing hands ready. Perhaps she could even get injured on the way! Perhaps he would have to cause a small accident to make an injury. He will fix it though. She will be glad that she got an injury. Everyone will be jealous of the improved masterpiece.

19. Fan7asticMrFox

Sevren meets Katgur

Sevren stormed back to his mat but before he could even sit down the cargo door whooshed open once more. That blasted Asa kid is too stubborn for his own good.

I said get ou-“ But it wasn’t Asa standing there anymore. It was Katgur the Jedi wookie, a fearsome looking creature with scars all over and an eye patch on his right side. This wookie was a true warrior, Sevren knew that. He was the oldest and no doubt wisest of the group with such vast experience on them all. And not only that, he had survived the eradication on Kashyyk and the dreaded pursuits of Order 66 as well. Order 66. Sevren had not gone to that recess in his mind for a long, long time.

“Oh I do apologise for my outburst, I thought you were someone else.” He wiped away a tear and sat back on his mat, cross legged and serene once more. “Would you like to join me in meditation?”

The wookie entered the room and barked a few words his way. Nnnnnargh hgraooo rrrhaaa, arrawarrgh graa?

“I wouldn’t say I’m fluent, but I do have a few phrases wrapped under my belt. You understand me pretty clearly I presume?”

20. Macaberz

Asa Green.
    [Credit to Pheonix for Kaile]

Kaile. He needed Kaile. His master was always able to bring up new perspectives, help him reflect upon himself. Without Kaile, he wouldn't have been here, he would never have met Caeleck, he'd be just another slave working in the mines on Nyriaan. He'd felt the same that day, conflicted, sprawled between happiness and hate:

~

The small nubian craft settled on the dock. The hatch opened and out walked a middle aged man with salt and pepper hair and a rough beard. He wore typical trader clothes, and had a small pack slung over his shoulder.

Droid troops stalked the promenade in formation, moving towards the mechanical destroyer that was docked on the other side of the port. He kept his head down and kept moving. He just needed to refuel and get supplies, that was all, then he would be on his way, out of the reach of the republic.

The port was busy and bustling, with people milling about here and there, buying and selling and trading. Refugee's huddled together in clusters, some were begging. It was a sad sight. As he went, he opened his mind to those around him, looking for anyone with malice. But as he did, he felt a prick in his consciousness. A force sensitive, here? He looked around, trying to see if anyone was following him.

Asa bounced his ball down the narrow street. It skimmed over a loose stone and hit the legs of a droid, knocking it over. Its companion stopped and raised its gun, expecting an attack.

"Help me up," the droid squeaked. "Roger," the other said as he helped the tackled droid to his feet, his red eyes still searching for their assailant. Asa hesitated for a moment, dad always said the droids were the good guys, defending them against the insurrection. He bit his lip then approached the robotic soldiers.

"Sorry," Asa muttered as he picked up his ball from the ground. The droids spinned around and looked at him uncomprehendingly, their red eyes like the launcher button on dad's hovercraft. Asa turned around, and began to walk away. "Stop," one of the droids commanded, his metallic arm reaching for Asa's shoulder. Asa noticed the slight shift in the air, betraying the droid's move, and dodged its metallic clutch.

"I said I am sorry," he snapped, unimpressed by the droid's menacing look. "It won't happen again Mr. droid sir," he added. But the droid seemed to think otherwise, it aimed its gun straight at Asa's face, "identify yourself," the bot demanded.

Kaile spotted the two droids, and the boy behind him. The boy was clearly the one he'd sensed, he could see from the way that he moved that he was force sensitive. But could he risk exposing himself? A moment later he was coming up beside the boy. "There you are, damn boy!" he barked and kicked him in the seat of the pants, not hard, but convincing enough. Asa grunted, and dropped his ball, his eyes squeezed in pain. Kaile turned to the droids.

"Excuse me, I just picked him up at a slave auction and he gave me the slip for a minute. Now if you don't mind, we'll be on our way." Then he grabbed the boy by the arm and led him away.

"You watch it," the droid called, before he stepped back into line and marched off.

"Idiot, you nearly got yourself killed there!" he hissed.

“Let me go!” Asa tried to wrestled himself loose, but the man's grip seemed to be bolted to his arm. “He- Hey! Where are you taking me? Who are you?” The man looked very serious, a bit like dad whenever he talked about the war. "They can't kill me, I am too fast for them, they're just silly droids," Asa protested, "and I am not a slave, my dad works for the-"

Kaile kicked him again, enough to shut him up for a second. His posterior might be a little sore, but that was a far better alternative to having it blaster charred. "Shut up and keep moving, I'll let you go once you're safe."

Asa clenched his teeth when the man's boot hit his bottom again. His face flushed red and his eyes were reduced to mere slits. He flashed a scowl at the man. "You're hurting me," he complained. He was going to say more, but thought better of it.

The people in streets, refugees from all races, traders, thieves, mercenaries, miners, payed no attention to the tall man in robes and the little black-haired boy at his side. Asa ceased his attempts to break loose and walked along quietly. He could still use his powers against the man. Just like when his dad had returned home drunk and Asa had fled out of the house. He'd slammed the door behind him without touching it. Besides, he was much faster than any of the other kids, the moment this man would let go of him he'd just dart away and escape through the streets like he'd done so many times before.

They rounded a corner, finally far enough from the droids and any other peering eyes that Kaile felt he could stop moving. He was about to release his hold on the boys arm, but something told him that if he did, he'd never see him again. Instead he just loosened it a little and stooped down to the boys level. He looked to be about seven or eight, and had a fire in his eyes.

"You have to be careful with those damn droids, they have no compassion and no problem blasting you into something even a Bantha wouldn't eat. Now, who are you boy? How do you come to be here? Someone as strong with the force as you should have been scooped up by the Temple years ago... Of course, it's kind of late for that now, I suppose..."

The muscles in Asa's arm tensed, but the man held him in place. He flared his nostrils and looked left and right for any means of escape, but the narrow alley they were in stretched out far into the distance, with nowhere to hide.

"I am Asa," he breathed. He mindlessly tried to pull away, but the man easily held him in place. He tried to tap into that same strength he'd used before, he tried to steer it, to help him break loose. But aside from a tingle in the tip of his fingers, nothing happened. Defeated, Asa stared angrily at the man and decided it was best to answer his questions.

"I was born here. Well not here, but on Nyriaan anyway. Then the rebels came, and mum said we had to leave. Dad knew a Jedi who said he could help us get away" He averted his eyes, the knuckles on his free hand began to turn white, "but they left us. Then mom died, and we ended up here. We've been here for over a year now." His hellish blue eyes settled on the man again, the simmering heat in them faded away and was replaced with a curious sparkle. "What's the force?"

Kaile smiled. "The Force is the energy of the universe, it flows through everything, connects everything, is within everything, even you. You can do things that none of your friends can do, can't you? Move and react faster, almost like you know what's going to happen before it does?"

Asa let out a trembling sigh, his clenched fist loosened. "Yes," he admitted. "The others think I am cheating, but I am not! It just happens, when I am alone, or really angry." The weight of secrecy fell off his shoulders, the air seemed cleaner, the sun brighter. His eyes flicked to the side, wondering, then back to Kaile.

"Who are you?" Now that Asa had taken a good look at the man he reminded him of the Jedi he'd seen almost a year ago. Every muscle in his body slackened, and he was surprised that his legs didn't collapse under his own weight. "You're a Jedi, aren't you?" he gasped.

Kaile's smile faded. “Not exactly. But no one needs to know.” He looked up at the boy, “I am Kaile Arcina from Dantooine,” he said, the smile returning momentarily. “What if I told you that you have the potential to become a Jedi, and a tremendously strong one at that, what would you say?”

He blinked a few times. Hope shimmered in his eyes, he'd dreamed of becoming a Jedi ever since he'd learned about them. Even though father didn't approve of the Jedi anymore and hated them with a passion, he still looked up to them. They were the saviors of the galaxy, the wise and cunning heroes capable of solving any problem. He let out a rattled breath, his head hanging low in disappointment. “I can't be,” he said. A bitter smile curled his lips, “I am just Asa.”

~

A chuckle escaped his mouth, he'd never been so wrong in his life. The mine had collapsed that day, and he'd never seen his father again. He smiled at the memory, it had felt exactly the same. Happy yet sad, fixed and broken, warm and cold. With no one to look after him, believing the stranger was much better than risking enslavement. Little had he known about Kaile and his rigorous training methods. Asa untangled himself from his memories, those days were gone now, and there was no use in dwelling on them any longer.

With a whiz, the doors to the cockpit slid open. "I haven't found our visitor, Master Root," he declared upon entering the large room. "But I did discover something else," he added. Sevren's preference for seclusion and his reluctance to talk about his history had made Asa weary for the ex-sith. Possibly, Sevren had let the stowaway aboard.

21. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Alain Root

Alain Root scarcely acknowledged that he had heard Asa. His sky-blue eyes were, as before, locked steadily on the ceiling. "He is in the vents," the Jedi Master murmured. "And I have a hunch who it is, and if it is who I supsect, he will be in a world of trouble once I inform his parents that he's here." Alain stood from his stool and snapped his fingers. A section of the ceiling rattled and fell to the ground. A child-sized foot clad in a brown leather boot yanked out of sight in the square of darkness. Alain snapped again and this time when a ceiling panel broke away, a teenage boy was straddled on top of it. He hit the ground with a grunt and rolled over onto his side, groaning miserably but not seriously hurt. He had sandy blonde hair, grey-blue eyes and, most importantly, he wore the robes of a Jedi.

"You shouldn't have come, Ben Skywalker," Alain Root said disaprovingly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What's done is done, Alain," the boy named Ben replied boldly.

Master Root rolled his eyes and turned to his crew. "Everyone, this is President Leia and Han Solo's only child, Ben Kenobi Skywalker." Alain gave Ben a swift kick in the side. "And he's my Luke's godson."

22. Macaberz

Asa Green.

Asa was shaken from his thoughts and was unable to contain his suprise. He let his eyes slide over Ben, observing every inch of the boy. Delight began to fill him, the lad reminded him of his younger self, not in appearance but in behaviour. To make up for the little respect he had displayed towards Leia, Asa made a bow towards Ben. "The name is Asa. Friendly piece of advice, hide somewhere lower to the ground next time. I can speak from experience but," he looked up the vents, then back at Ben, "I think you figured as much yourself."

He then turned towards Master Root and cocked his head, wondering what the Jedi Master was going to do with their honorable guest.

23. Keitsumah

Taura paused at the door and jumped when the boy crashed to the ground. Eyes widening in alarm when she spotted the swift kick that the Master gave to the boy, she padded quietly around everyone and helped Ben up by scooping him up with her horns under his arms.

"I would likewise agree with Asa, little one." she said, though the term was not meant as an insult -it was quite literal. "Humans don't have the hard-built frame like many other kinds of creatures." Stepping away, she walked over towards a hook on the wall and tugged her cape back on, as well as her light saber and belt. "Xelas -could you-" she tilted her head towards the lad, who was sure to have been bruised. Hoping that the Bith would catch her meaning, the tauntaun stood still as the boy stared at her. Apparently he didn't know that there were any speaking Tauntauns in existence.

24. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Ben Skywalker fussed as the TaunTaun delicately picked him up with her horns. "Uncle Root didn't kick me that hard, he would never hurt me."

"Don't be so sure, ya little rascal," Alain Root grumbled, but he smiled a little. Then he remembered himself and cleared his throat in a business-like fashion. "Ben, you have endangered this mission and, as a result, the life of Luke Skywalker, your own flesh and blood. How do you explain your actions?"

Ben dusted off his sleeves and picked at his nails, but when Alain took a foreboding step toward him, the teenager started speaking in a rush. "I want ot help, okay?" Ben Skywalker blurted. "I want to be a real Jedi, like you and Luke and Leia, but you guys protect me form all the dangerous mission and tell me stay on Coruscant. I've only left the planet twice and both times were with mom or dad and a squadron of guards! How am I supposed to become a great Jedi Knight if I'm not treated like other Padawans, huh?" He finished and bowed his head to hide the tears in his eyes.

Alain Root frowned. "Ben, you know I'm on your side, but I can't risk your life and the wrath of President Leia by keeping you here..."

"But--!" Ben cried. Alain raised his hand to silence him and continued to say, "That being said, if I were to put us into warpspeed and travel halfway to the Outer Rim before I discovered you were onboard, then it would be illogical for me to turn all the way around and drop you off. In that situation, the safest place for you would be with me, until I can return you to your parents." He winked and grinned.

Ben smirked. "Good ol' Uncle Alain! I knew you'd come through!"

25. Macaberz

Asa Green

"Good ol' Uncle Alain! I knew you'd come through!"

"If you say much more, he'll come through again," Asa remarked as he plopped back down into his seat. So far the similarities between him and little Ben could be explained away as coincidence. He even smiled at Taura's attempt to take care of the boy. Perhaps it was Taura's motherly instinct that made her seem more human. Whatever it was, he couldn't help but flash a smile at Taura. He leaned his chin on his clasped hands for a moment, his mind returning to what had occured between him and Sevren. He gazed up at the Jedi Master, "Master Root, might we have a word?"