Tales of the Jedi: Return of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bewitched, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck froze on the spot and her hand drifted towards her lightsaber. Sith, she thought venomously. She glanced around and noticed that all of her fellow companions were likewise standing as she was. Taura had taken the leap and confronted the Sith directly and was now almost threatening him with her guns. Caeleck felt something wasn't quite right and lowered her guard slightly, pulling her hand away from her weapon. Why would a Sith bother asking who we are? He should be able to tell just by looking at us, she thought suspiciously. Something doesn't quite match up. If he's Sith, why isn't he attacking? She turned to Master Root, and spoke quietly into his ear.

"Master, something doesn't add up. He looks like Sith, but is not acting like one. If he's Sith he would already know who we are and attack, correct? What is going on?"

2. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"Who's asking?"

The black-clad figure chirped with surprise, then cackled nasitly. "Is that..is that a talking TaunTaun?" The figure was nearly bent over with laughter. "How in the hell did you teach it to talk? Bwahahaha!"

"Stop laughing, Taura is a Jedi Knight and she deserves respect," Master Root barked. He was angrier than they had ever seen him before, even when President Leia was attacked by the mercenaries. Apparently, he had a soft spot for Taura.

The black figure stopped laughing instantly and stood tall. "I only respect power," the stranger said in a cold voice.

"Master, something doesn't add up. He looks like Sith, but is not acting like one. If he's Sith he would already know who we are and attack, correct? What is going on?"

"You're correct, I am not of the Sith." The figure stepped into the clearing and pushed back its shadowy hood. It was a woman with long dreadlocks dyed blue at the ends. Her liquid brown eyes darted from one Jedi to the next, alert for any sudden movements. She also held a lightsaber in one hand, her thumb hovering over the bright red trigger. "My name is Selica, I am a free agent. I was trained in the Jedi arts, but I chose to function independantly from the Jedi Council. I am a woman of choice." She jutted out her strong chin, daring them to contradict her.

"Well, uh, Selica," Alain Root said, the tension leaving the atmosphere. "We are Jedi, sent to rescue Luke Skywalker. Why are you here if you are not aligned with the Sith?"

"I was in Sky City when those thugs came to evacuate the populace," Selica explained in a lazy drawl. "I have been tracking down my father for several years and I finally found him. His name is Lando Calrissian, have you heard of him? Anyway, before I could even speak to him, the city was invaded. I hid underneath one of the ships and, when it came here, I jumped off into the treetops. I was planning my next move when you lot showed up." She pulled a face. "You don't look like much."

3. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"You don't look like much."

"Lando is dead, he was killed before we arrived," Asa said bluntly. "But we destroyed the one responsible, I think." He eyed Selica carefully, any signal of hostility and he'd have his saber at her throat. As if to retaliate her remark, he cocked his head, "ever heard of a Sith Lord Shado? Us 'not much here' killed him." Selica was fascinating to him, she had a thick air of confidence about her, perhaps poisoned with arrogance. A woman wearing a lightsaber with no allegiance to the Sith or the Jedi, now that was something new. Still, she hadn't earned his trust yet. The Calrissian's and their people were good-hearted, most of the time, yet with all these Sith about, she could be an imposter trying to steer them away from Luke, or perhaps something else entirely. Perhaps she was a Sith, trying to lure them into a trap, maybe it had all been staged thus far. Doubt began to gnaw at the fringes of his mind and he exchanged a meaningful look with Caeleck, she'd understand his doubts, even though he decided against voicing them this time.

4. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Selica looked at Asa and cocked her head to the side, as if she wa slistneing to something far away. "Nah, if he was dead I would have sensed it. Did that fool Georges tell you that? He was the reason I couldn't see Lando right away, he made me wait in the antechamber for, like, hours. I hate him." She crossed her arms and looked all-around irritated. "I feel Lando on this planet. He must have been hit with a stun laser, not a lethal one. Georges is an idiot--"

"Before you speak another word against that gentle man," Alain interjected, "Georges was killed by Lord Shado."

"Oh, really?" Selica's proud face cracked like an egg and emotions spilled out, but then she stood straight again. "Ah, well, good riddens." She huffed and tried ot look nonchalant.

5. Macaberz

Asa Green

"Good riddance?" He glanced at Alain, then looked back at Selica. "I wouldn't even say that of my worst enemies. Besides, why even bother asking about your daddy if you're so sure he's alive?" He didn't wait for an answer, this Selica was a nuisance and he brushed past her. He hoped that the others would follow his example, bu he hoped even more that Alain wouldn't make him stay with the ship. Not that he wanted to walk into enemy territory either, he simply didn't want to be seperated for Caeleck, even though he vowed against ever admitting that to anyone. He looked over his shoulders to see if the others were following, "well, don't we have someone to find?"

6. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck Ranaewah

"well, don't we have someone to find?"

Caeleck looked at Selica with a quizzical look. She didn't see any real hostility in the woman and the moment her mask had cracked Caeleck had seen genuine mourning over the death of Georges. She decided she could trust this person. For now. She turned to Asa and gave him a nod then turned back to Master Root,

"I see no threat in this woman towards us," she leaned in closer to him and spoke in a quieter voice so no one could overhear, "She felt genuine sorrow for Georges death. I would be willing to trust her as of now, but still be wary," She stepped away from him and faced him directly. "If it would be acceptable with you, Master, Asa and I will run a quick reconnaissance around the area; my sight will root out anyone who tries to spy on us. Then we will return to hear your plan for our next move. I'm sure Selica will have some information that will be invaluable to us, we should work together to find the prisoners and Luke,"

She jogged towards Asa and discretely motioned him to wait a little longer so they could get Master Root's permission. Asa was already on Master Root's suspicious side, he couldn't afford anymore slip-ups.

7. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Taura Maymier

"Is that..is that a talking TaunTaun?" The figure was nearly bent over with laughter. "How in the hell did you teach it to talk? Bwahahaha!"

"Stop laughing, Taura is a Jedi Knight and she deserves respect," Master Root barked. He was angrier than they had ever seen him before, even when President Leia was attacked by the mercenaries. Apparently, he had a soft spot for Taura.

For the first time, Taura actually seemed to express anger at being laughed at as her ears flicked back and her muzzle curled to hint at teeth. But since Master Root had quickly come to her defense, she let it drop.

Padding back to the others, she looked at the woman through the corner of one eye as she passed. "One of the first things i learned was to not underestimate a possible opponent, human. If we were not able to use the Force, would it be any question as to who would win in a battle using only our natural weapons?"

8. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Caeleck's assurances persuaded Master Root to trust Selica. Caeleck seemed like the sensible sort and she had never shown brutality or uncontrollable emotion before, not like Asa. Alain Root kept a close eye on Asa as the brooding Padawan spat out his retorts. He was beginning to seriously doubt Asa, more than ever. It was true, Alain did not like Master Kaile, but he had never passed a judgement on Asa because of it, until now.

"One of the first things i learned was to not underestimate a possible opponent, human. If we were not able to use the Force, would it be any question as to who would win in a battle using only our natural weapons?"

Selica cocked her head in Taura's direction. "I don't know whether to take you seriously or not. You look like a dumb beast, but your eyes are more intelligent. It is comical for me to see you speak common language. I don't think I will ever get used to it." She chuckled once again; this time she had the decency to hide her mouth behind her hand.

Alain stepped forward and cleared his throat loudly. "I propose that we join forces to infiltrate the Sith temple and free the prisoners, including your father and Luke Skywalker."

Selica frowned. "And I would have to answer to you, whoever you are...?"

"Yes," Alain said matter-of-factly, without hesitation or ego. "I cannot risk you making a wreckless move and getting us all killed, or worse."

A slow, dangerous smile split Selica's face. "I only answer to power, as I have told you before." She ignited her lightsaber and pointed the blazing purple blade at the Jedi Master. "If your ragtag team can defeat me in combat...then I will follow your orders."

Alain looked at his Padawans and smirked, a playful sparkle in his clear blue eyes. His answer to Selica's counter-proposal was short and sweet.

"You heard her, team. Show her what true Jedi are capable of..." He ignited his blue-white lightsaber and waited politely for his students to attack first.

9. Macaberz

Asa Green

Asa cringed when Alain accepted Selica's challenge. Couldn't he see that she was getting in their way? Delaying them even? She didn't strike him as trustworthy at all, her hunger for power had already demonstrated that. He was done listening to the petty commands of the old man. The fool allowed himself to be caught up in a pathetic brawl whilst his best friend, and master, was in dire need of their assistance. If Root wouldn't listen to him one way, he'd make him listen. Asa whipped out his lightsaber, the eerie blue crackled in the air, then he dashed forward. He leapt past Selica in one fluent leap and approached Alain, a dark glint in his eyes. "This is sorry waste of time, Master." He savored in the frustration that reinforced his voice. Too often had Master Root ignored him, too often he had spoken ill of Kaile, too often he had brought tremendous danger on all of them, only to gamble their lives away on the next planet. "I suggest you listen to me, Kaile trained me after all, and you are no match for him." He stepped even closer, within striking distance. "This is a waste of time," he repeated. It was clear that any defiance of his words would be retialiated.

10. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck Ranaewah

"Asa!" Caeleck firmly shouted Asa's name, but not loud. In fact her voice had lowered a notch. "Fighting with anyone at this point is a waste of time. Selica, if you wanted to help those prisoners and perhaps your father then you wouldn't be wasting your time fighting either," disgust dripped from Caeleck's voice. "Honestly! I'm going on reconnaissance, if we fight now we might just bring several Sith down on our heads. Save the fighting for later," she turned her back on the rag-tag group an lept into the trees, "Asa, unless you want me to go alone I suggest you sheath your pig-sticker and come with me. Your the only one who can keep up with me and complement my style,"

Caeleck stood up on the branch and turned to face the group, she cut an impressive figure even more acute due to her disapproving gaze.

"Master Root, I will notify you if I sense anything that will harm us," an with that she took off into the trees, swinging and leaping like she was born there.

11. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"I don't think so, Miss Pretty!" Selica cried gleefully. She clenched her hand in the air and wrenched it back. Suddenly, Caeleck was ceased by the Force and yanked back into the clearing where she had started. "The battle has already begun, no one gets by me without my permission -- and I do not give my permission." Selica then pounced towards Caeleck, her lightsaber extended. As she flew through the air, she shed her heavy robe to reveal her tight, body-fitting leather catsuit underneath.

Meanwhile, Master Root was giving Asa a dry look. "Selica will go off on her own and expose us if we don't keep her where we can see her," he said slowly and patiently. "That is why I agreed to her terms. Do you not think my logic is sound? Or would you rather she raise a raucous and alert the Sith that their planet has been discovered before we find Luke? Now, instead of wasting precious time on arguing with me, I think you should focus your attention on Miss Calrissian." Alain had not raised his lightsaber, nor did he show any alarm that Asa had approached him so threateningly. The Master Jedi was as cool as a glacier and he practically radiated serenity from his pores.

Ben Skywalker, on the other hand, had ignited his green lightsaber and his startingly blue eyes were trained steadily on Asa. His death stare was as forboding as any adult's; there was no doubt that if Asa made the wrong move, Ben would be his reckoning.

12. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck Ranaewah

"This is pointless!" Caeleck said exasperatedly. "If you wanted to find your father you wouldn't be fighting with us," Caeleck ignited her own light saber and blocked Selica's light saber as she brought it down over her head. The purple light sabers matched each other and sparked angrily, casting a violet light on the combatants. Caeleck shoved forward a bit then dodged around Selica. Her focus seemed to narrow to just the rouge woman and Caeleck decided she didn't want to waste any more time. She stood taller an ignited the other end of her light saber, making it into a double-ended staff.

"If you insist on fighting then so be it. The blood of those prisoners and your father are on your hands now!" Caeleck charged, whirling her light saber in a deadly dance.

13. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"Oh, please, give it a rest already!" Selica crouched and kept her lightsaber out in front of her. She was all sinew and muscle, like a jaguar, and she was clearly enjoying the fight. "If my father was in any immediate danger, I would sense it. Besides, there is always time to show upstart Jedi Padawans who is in charge!" Selica kicked a cloud of dirt in Caeleck's face and then dropped low to deliver a spin-kick to knock Caeleck off of her feet.

It all happened so fast that even Alain gasped with surprise: Selica Calrissian was not just a frivolous brat afterall, she was a seasoned fighter and she was ruthless. Master Root snubbed Asa and walked right by the Padawan, rushing toward the fight before Selica hurt someone.

1 person likes this.
  14. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Sevren

Sevren slow clapped his way down the ramp, watching the carnival of clowns perform. They were bickering like children, trying to prove themselves to some random freelance. He finally stopped his clap and put one hand on his head over his eyes.

“We are on a planet full of Sith, and you decide that the best course of action is to waste our energy against each other?” He sighed and scanned the area for someone with common sense. Alas, he could not spot anyone. “Not to mention that at least one of them will have probably sensed our presence by now. The more we delay, the less time we have to keep the advantage.”

He sat down by the ship and began to meditate once more to see if he could sense anyone nearby.

15. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Ben had been watching Master Root in awe as he sprinted to help Caeleck. It was rare that Ben coudl see his Uncle Alain in action and he was loving every second of it. Just then, Sevren came out of the ship mocking their spar with Selica. With a scowl fixed firmly on his face, Ben marched over to the ramp and Force Pushed a rock at the side Sevren's head.

"Selica is fighting Caeleck and all you can do is sit there and mock Master Root's judgement?!" Ben cried. His voice cracked towards the end, but his message was clear. "If you want to get to Luke faster, then you should participate, not sit by idly while one of your comrades might be injured. There is a time and place for meditation, and that time has passed. Unless you have a better idea for keeping Selica from doing something stupid and alerting the Sith to our presence, you should help and stop being such a sourpuss, you fodderhead!"

Now that all his steam was gone, Ben glared at Sevren a moment longer before rushing to help fight Selica.

16. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck Ranaewah

Caeleck spat the dirt from her mouth but it didn't affect her sight, she lept over Selica's foot and did a backwards handspring to get her out of reach. She's good, Cealeck thought warily. She spun her light saber around and to her side as she bent her legs into a more ready position.

"Using dirt to blind your enemies, predictable. I'm Miraluka so it doesn't work on me, however, you have caught my attention," Caeleck then noticed Master Root coming to her aid and she sidestepped to give him more room while keeping her attention fixed on Selica. "Despite knowing your father's fate, are you still going to let those prisoners die?"

17. Macaberz

Asa Green & Robin Montgomery

Asa was filled with rage, his sweat turned to hot steam on his skin, his brows threatened to knit together. Ben got himself distracted, Root had his back turned to him. Now was his chance to strike. In a single blur of movement he swept his lightsaber down at Alain's neck. If not for the force push that knocked him back in the nick of time, Alain would likely have been slain there and then. Asa rolled over the ground, his back was hurting but the grass had broken most of his fall. Within the blink of an eye he was back on his feet, trying to spot who had stopped him from killing Alain. His eyes found a little black-haired boy, with hellish blue eyes, a red saber hung loosely in his hand.

So the Sith were training children as well? Dumbfounded, Asa allowed the child to come closer. The child's red saber hummed violently, yet there was a spark of curiosity in his eyes. "You will not harm the Jedi," he hissed at Asa. Two swift strikes nearly sliced his leg, but Asa parried the kid's blows. He appeared to be about the same age as Ben, maybe a year younger. "Who are you?" Asa called as he deflected another blow. The kid is fast, he thought to himself. The boy didn't answer but instead made a daring leap into the air, aiming to strike down on him. The air rippled as Asa force pushed the kid backwards, the boy was sent tumbling through the air and smacked onto the ground. Before he could raise himself, Asa had his saber hovering over the lad's neck. He kicked the boy's saber a good ten feet away, grabbed him by the collar, covered his mouth and dragged him along.

Together, they dashed into the woods. Within seconds Asa was completely lost, yet he had enough wits about him to throw up his mind shields and prevent himself from being sensed. When he'd put a safe distance between himself and the others, who were probably too distracted dealing with Selica, he pushed the boy's back into a tree. "Fool! You shouldn't have interfered, now you'll get us both killed," he hissed somewhat loosening his grip. Yet not enough to let him escape. Asa knew the boy would run given the chance. The boy tried to wrestle himself loose and slithered against the bark like a snake. The muscle in his jaw tightened, as he tried to call for help.

"Be quiet!" Asa hissed, kicking the lad between the seat of his pants to shut him up. His request was met with a furious gaze but, to Asa's suprise, the boy did oblige. The lad's expression softened somewhat and Asa slowly took his hand away. The lad gasped for air, then settled his gaze on Asa. "You're a Jedi aren't you?" he said, a mixture of excitement and sadness seeping through his voice. He'd thought the Jedi would be different, more serious perhaps, and less eager to kick people in the butt.

Flabbergasted by the sudden question, Asa loosened his grip on the boy, but he did not let go entirely, knowing that the lad would run if he did. "Not really..." he said, his grip loosening even further. "And you are a Sith," he returned.

"No I am not!" The boy squirmed, his entire frame tensed in defiance. "I am Robin, just Robin," he muttered. Robin bit his lips and stared at the ground, he'd given up trying to get away from the Jedi's iron grip. The machinery of his voice faltered, "are you going to kill me now?" Perhaps lord Tiryan had been right, perhaps the Jedi were merciless. His eyes widened. The Jedi Padawan still hadn't let go of him and fear's icy fingers threatened to squeeze his lungs to dust. His heart hammered in his chest as he awaited his ordeal.

Asa glanced at the lightsaber he held in his hand, then looked at Robin.

"I am sorry..."

18. Keitsumah

Taura Maymier

Taura couldn't believe it. Everyone was insisting on fighting, and no one was paying attention to the fact that they were clearly going to draw the attention of Sith.

"Would you just-" the Tauntaun was forced to back away as dirt was flung in her eyes. Snorting and rubbing at them, she stamped her foot and glared at the Jedi. "Ugh, you humans are always having to prove yourselves. Sevren, please help them out and I'll-"

"Who are you?" Taura heard Asa call out, and her nostrils widened as she took in the scent of an unfamiliar human male. "-uh, go after Asa apparently..." Whirling around, she tramped into the forest after the boy. He moved fast, but left his scent on every leaf and twig he brushed past, as well as that of the other's. And despite the fact that he was cloaking himself with the Force, she could still track him with her sense of smell.

The sound of something hitting a tree nearby had her head coming up sharply.

19. Macaberz

Asa Green

"I am sorry..." Asa said. He could see the Robin's pupils dilate in fear, he saw the kid's courage and hope fail, as if the lifeforce had already been sucked out of him. Robin's frame seemed to have frozen by death's cold embrace.

Asa extinguished his lightsaber. "I am sorry, but I can't and I won't," he said. Robin's back scraped down the bark as he slid down onto the ground, his chest heaving. As if the fear that had frozen him previously had routed, rendering his body limp. The earth shook with heavy footsteps, too light to be that of a giant alien race, yet too heavy to be human. Taura. Robin looked around in suprise, "what's that?" he asked, a slight tremble seeping through his voice.

"That, is a pissed off Tauntaun," Asa said. Ideas buzzed through his head like a swarm of angered bees, one after the other he dismissed them. Taking Robin and making a run for it wasn't an option. Neither was returning. Killing Taura, though not impossible, would only increase his troubles. Robin seemed to be thinking similar thoughts, a deep frown was etched on his young face. There was only one thing for it. Asa tossed Robin his weapon and hissed his plan towards the lad. Seconds later, Asa was lying face-down on the ground, and Robin stood beside him with Asa's saber in his hand. It was a crude, dangerous plan, but it was the only one he was able to come up with, before anyone would find them.

20. Keitsumah

Taura Maymier

Taura rounded a clump of bushes, hurrying to where she'd heard the commotion, then halted as she spotted a young boy standing over Asa, light saber to her team-mate's throat.

She didn't speak, just spread her legs slightly apart as if preparing to pounce. Her eyes roved over the area around them, and her nostrils dilated as she took in more scents. Adrenaline, something had alarmed Asa, but it had to have been recent. Yet he didn't smell scared.

That was what confused her. Looking between the two, she couldn't help but notice the wariness in the Sith's eyes. He wasn't very experienced, clearly, or he would look more threatening despite his tiny size.

Maybe she could intimidate him into submission. Rising up to her full nine foot height, she glared down at the boy as if he'd been stealing from a cookie jar before dinner. "Drop it and no one gets hurt. We are not cold-blooded murderers." she rumbled, clamping her jaw on the wire. The tips of her stun-guns glowed, and she was careful to aim just above the boy's shoulders should he move.

21. Macaberz

"Drop it and no one gets hurt. We are not cold-blooded murderers."

"You talk?" Robin wondered aloud. He almost obliged Taura's command, nearly dropping his lightsaber in suprise. Unfazed by her threats, he remained where he was, with Asa's blade in the downed Jedi's neck. For a moment he considered finishing the Jedi off and meet his fate to become a Sith. But the Jedi had spared him, and for all his life he'd desired to become one himself. To betray this desire would undoubtely make him a Sith. But, to betray the Sith would set events in motion beyond his power or ability to change.

He hesitated,his eyes shifting from Asa, to Taura, to the humming blue blade in his hands. "I shout one word, and all the Sith will know you're here," Robin began. His gaze intensified, "You make one move; he dies," he added, pointing at Asa. "Let me go, and I might spare him."

Asa's heart hammered against the earth underneath him. Taura's voice was muffled by the deadly hum of his own blade, which Robin held at his neck. Returning to the other Jedi wasn't an option so, in return for sparing Robin, the boy would now have to save his skin instead, by sending Taura away and leaving them be. What would happen next, Asa didn't know.

22. Keitsumah

Taura Maymier

Taura growled, glancing between her teammate and the boy. "I cannot do that. It goes against both my instinct and my morals. Besides-" her eyes hardened, but then suddenly softened into liquid pools, color swirling within as she used Mind Trick. "-you won't hurt anyone. Just put down the light saber," she crooned in a soothing voice, "No one here wants to hurt you."

23. Macaberz

"No one here wants to hurt you."

"He did," Robin said, as he poked Asa's ribs with his boot. There was a strain on his face, then his lips curled into a smile. His finger hovered over the switch of his lightsaber, trembling. Lines buried themselves into his forehead, his frown deepened as Taura's mind trick began to take effect. Asa could sense that the lad was under a mental assault. Unless the kid had a very resilient mind, she'd break through without too much of a struggle, and if she did, she'd find out what he'd commanded Robin to do.

He rolled over, grabbed Robin by his legs and tackled him to the ground. "Sorry," he muttered, so only Robin could hear. Then he grabbed his lightsaber from Robin's loose hands, and put an armlock on him. "Play along," he whispered into Robin's ear as he lifted him up and began to drag him back to their ship. Now all he had to do was convince Master Root that he hadn't attempted to kill him, but instead saved him from Robin, who'd been hurling his red blade at the Master. Yes, that would work. He could only hope that Root wasn't too agressive against children, even if they were Sith children.

Robin, shaken by the mental and physical assault leaned drowsily against Asa's side as he was dragged along by the arm. A piercing, high-pitched note was bouncing around in his head, his vision was speckled with gray gaps. The world seemed smaller, less colorful and its sounds seemed to come from very far.

"I think we've just found our key into the Sith temple," Asa said with a smirk towards Taura as he gleefully stepped passed her. He headed back towards their spacecraft. Root, Ben and Caeleck were still fighting that woman, a complete waste of time and energy on both sides.

24. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Alain Root and Ben Skywalker rushed to Caeleck's side to help her fend off Selica. Selica sensed them coming and lashed out with her lightsaber. Ben tried to block it with his own, but she was so strong she wacked his own blade out of the way. Her purple lightsaber continued its arc, before meeting with Alain's blue-white one. The Master Jedi held his own and stared down the rogue female.

"Enough, you proved your point," Alain said begrudgingly. He had hoped that they could defeat Selica and gain an ally, they could use her wily street smarts and her fighting prowess. But his team seemed to be acting lackadaisy and just looking on instead of actively participating. Now that Alain had lost his wager with Selica, she did not have to answer to him, which meant that she could do as she pleased, and most likely get them found out. Alain had a horrible premonition that the Padawan's inaction might have cost them the mission.

"Sevren! Taura! Everyone! To me, now!" Alain barked as he stepped away from Selica and disengaged his lightsaber. Ben did the same; his brow was slick with perspiration and he was breathing hard. He had obviously been scared to death, but he'd acted anyway, which was more than could be said of most of his teammates.

Selica noticed Ben's state and snickered. "I guess the Jedi aren't as great as they are rumored to be," Selica scoffed. "You can't even work as a team to defeat a single rogue like myself! That Emperor and his pet Darth Vader must have been a crappy excuse for Sith Lords if you could have defeated them, ha!"

Alain ignored her and scowled at Caeleck. "You thought this fight wasn't worth pursuing, but I did. Now that we've lost, none of us can control what Selica does henceforth. She might very well expose us by doing something wreckless before we even reach the Sith temple!" And then Alain stopped speaking abruptly and looked around. "Where is Asa? Or Taura?" In a flash, his lightsaber was lit, once again.

25. Macaberz

"Where is Asa? Or Taura?"

Just then, Asa came out of hiding, dragging the disarmed and drowsy Robin along by the arm. "Caught one," he smirked. He stopped dead in his tracks when he noticed they'd stopped figthing. "You did list-..." His eyes narrowed, as if he suspected some sort of trap. One moment Alain had insisted on combating Selica, and now they'd simply disengaged. He almost let go of Robin in suprise, but soon regained his posture and tightened his grip on Robin's arm. The boy, though obviously intimidated by the Jedi gathered in front of him, showed no signs of panic. Nor was he screaming in alarm, or making attempts to get away. Meek like a lamb, he stood by Asa's side, casting a lazy glance at Selica, Master Root, Ben and Caeleck.

Asa was first to break the silence that had followed, "I am sorry Master, but pursuing this Sith seemed more important to me. He might be the key into the Sith temple." His eyes slid over the Jedi, for once he was struggling to remain calm. He didn't know how many people, if any, had seen that he'd attempted to kill Alain. "We are heading into the temple, aren't we?" he said weakly.