Tales of the Jedi: Return of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bewitched, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Taura glared at Asa, "And though your actions were reasonable, you nearly got your head cut off doing it!" she snapped, "I hate using Mind Trick on others, even Sith." Then she turned to face Master Root. "My apologies, master. I expected the others to at least try." her gaze settled on Sevren for a second, then flicked back to Alain. "Apparently I will have to make some re-adjustments as to whom to expect to do what."

Her head swung around and she snorted in Selica's direction. "Had i not been busy, you would be lucky to even be standing i should think. But unlike you, i consider what is the most dangerous to let escape. A Sith, or a rogue. You don't have direct contact with the Sith, nor would they likely even let you live should they spot you. So excuse me if i consider some things more important." Taura had never looked so exasperated, and every shred of wariness about new people seemed to have vanished.

"And if you want to have a real battle... you know where to find me." she growled, then padded into the ship.

2. Dras

Dras Active Member

Caeleck Ranaewah

Caeleck kept a very stony face while Master Root reprimanded her. Simmering anger and shame warred with themselves inside her mind and she still hadn't withdrawn her saber.

~~~

"No! Stop! We will turn ourselves in! Mercy! Arrrrgh!" The man's pleads ended in a flash of violet light. Caeleck disdainfully kicked the dead body away and stalked towards the remaining aura's, her anger and grief fueling her sight so she could pick them out easily from the piles of scrap metal.

~~~

The memory came unbidden to Caeleck's mind and she quickly shook her head to clear it away. Haven't thought of that for a long time, she thought worriedly. The memory was enough to make her withdraw her light saber and quickly stash it back on her belt.

"Forgive me Master," she said tensely, "My people were taught that fighting leads to nothing. I did not see as you did," Her hands shook as she retrieved her cloak from where she had dropped it and quickly wrapped herself in its folds. She pulled her hood down low over her head so it hid most of her face and retreated to the edges of the group. I can't make the same mistake twice. I must control my anger, she thought resolutely.

~~~

“Caeleck Ranaewah,” Caeleck flinched at hearing her surname, “You acted as anyone else would have with as little training as you had. What happened six years ago was a only a lesson to be remembered, you’re not evil,”

“I have the potential to be,”

3. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Alain Root gave Asa a long, long look before his sky-blue eyes slid to the Sith that he held. "A Sith that doesn't feel like a Sith," Alain said slowly. His lightsaber disengaged and her put away, then took several steps forward. "Tell me, Sith, why you don't feel like a Sith to me? And is it true, that you would help us? And please, chose your words carefully..." Alainw as close to the Sith and he leaned down to look him dead in the eye.

Meanwhile, Ben was staring toward the Sith temple. The sky was quickly darkening and the temple twinkled with lit torches. In the darkness, it looked like the silhouette of a hunchbacked giant. Suddenly, Ben felt a voice in his mind speaking as clear as day.

"Ben...Ben Kenobi Skywalker...is that you?"

Ben gasped and covered his mouth, stunned into silence.

4. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Asa withstood Root's gaze. The sky blue clashed violently with the watery blue of his own eyes. What Root could see in him, he didn't know, but that the Jedi Master was capable of gazing directly into his soul was beyond any doubt. Still, Asa was able to cloak his inner turmoil by focusing on the only thing he could think of, Caeleck. For some reason she had shuffled away from the main group, but he knew she was observing him. The idea comforted him. Asa noticed he'd almost completely let go of Robin's arm by the time that Alain disengaged his prying look. Asa's eyes flicked over to Caeleck whilst Root took it upon himself to interrogate Robin. "Are you alright?" he mouthed towards the Mirakula.

Robin was quivering like a twig in a storm when Root approached him. This man was obviously an important Jedi, he had an aura of superiority and calm about him that greatly unsettled Robin.

Tell me, Sith, why you don't feel like a Sith to me? And is it true, that you would help us? And please, chose your words carefully..."

"I don't know," Robin replied. Though his frame had routed, his gaze remained and he fiercely stared back into Alain's eyes. The Master Jedi, though not hostile, seemed very serious about dealing with him. He gulped and looked around the clearing for assistance in his struggle to find words, but no help came, and no words came to mind. The muscle in his jaw seemed to have dissapeared, all Robin managed was a weak, fearful gawk.

Finally, his posture changed, the tension in his shoulders faded away, "I didn't choose to be a Sith, and I don't want to be one," he slurred.

5. Dras

Dras Active Member

“I’m going on a trip Blossom,”

“A trip? Wherever could you be going” said Caeleck teasingly, giving her father a playful nudge in the shoulder

~~~

"Are you alright?" Caeleck had caught Asa's inquiry and shook her head again to clear her thoughts.

"Unbidden memories," she mumbled quietly.

Asa ignored the trembling Robin at his side. Ben seemed to be awestruck by something, but Asa's mind was entirely focused on Caeleck. Having survived Root's inaudible reprimand, he stepped away from the Jedi Master until he stood opposite to Caeleck. "Unbidden memories?" he narrowed his eyes, "what's wrong?"

"I did something terrible a long time ago..."

~~~
    "No! Stop! We will turn ourselves in! Mercy! Arrrrgh!" The man's pleads ended in a flash of violet light. Caeleck disdainfully kicked the dead body away and stalked towards the remaining aura's, her anger and grief fueling her sight so she could pick them out easily from the piles of scrap metal.

~~~

Caeleck growled slightly and shook her head again, "This dark air seems to be bringing my memories back."

Asa took a deep breath, trying to comprehend what Caeleck had just said. She was a honest, good Jedi wasn't she? How could she have ever done anything remotely terrible? He wondered if her past was as dark as Sevren's, the thought sent chills down his spine. "Listen, there is only one way to get them out of your head." He rested his hand on her shoulder, "show me," he whispered.

Caeleck lifted her face to him, "Very well. I can share my memory with you," She took her hands and placed her index and middle fingers on his temple, her ring and pinkie fingers just below his ears, and her thumbs came to rest at the inside corners of his eyes. "Tell no one what you are going to see," she told him firmly. She then closed her conscious sight and projected her memories into Asa's mind...

~~~
    My father was a leader in our village...

Suddenly an image of a sturdy Miraluka male came into Asa's mind. His blindfold was a bright yellow along with the rest of his clothes and on his face was a big bright smile. He held out his arms as if welcoming a young child to come hug him.

The villagers called him Ranaewah and greatly respected him and my mother. My mother died in childbirth...

As if he was watching a film, Asa saw the events of Caeleck's birth run before his eyes.

A scream tore through the village of Freeluica, shattering the quiet world of the people who lived within. Several Miraluka heads turned towards a large home near the edge of the village. A young girl was running in an out of the house, fetching water from the well and wetting towels.

“The Ranaewah’s must be having that child of theirs,” stated one passerby. Her female companion looked startled,

“Surely not! It is too early; the child will be still-born. Or worse,”

“We must pray that it is not so. They have tried so hard for a child. It would be cruel for it to be taken away when they have just managed it’s conception,”

Another scream rent the air.

Several hours later a man walked out of the house, a bundle of cloths in his arms and tears on his face. Many villagers came to inspect the man and his new addition to the household, whispering among themselves and smiling at the man. The man lowered his arms so that they all could see the new babe.

“This is Caeleck, she is my daughter,” the man smiled down at the babe, and his voice cracked. “My she grow to be all that her mother wished her to be,” gasps escaped from the crowd,

“Pamiledra. She didn’t make it?” called out one villager. The man didn’t raise his eyes from the child in his arms as he answered the villager,

“No. My wife did not make it. The birth was hard, it came to the point where we would either have her or the child. Pamiledra chose to have the child. To have Caeleck,” Ranaewah lifted the child in the air, “I present you your new Lady! Please welcome Caeleck, her mother’s final wish!” Cheers went up in the crowd.

The image died away and was once again replaced with just Caeleck's voice.

It wasn't long after that when I was found to be blind and shielded. I remained that way for many years until my father called a favor from a Jedi who was returning from hiding when the Empire fell. I was six at the time...

“A Jedi!” Caeleck was ecstatic now. She always admired the Jedi; she sometimes even wished to become one.
    “Yes, a Jedi. Caeleck,” he sighed heavily and took Caeleck into a hug, “If Master Taelennia says that is she finds you to be Jedi material she would not only train you to see and shield, but she would also make you her Padawan,” Caeleck pulled back from her father, startlement plain on her face,

“But Father…”

“Don’t worry. If you truly wish to be a Jedi I will not stop you. Dearest,” he pulled her closer and had her kneel in front of him, “You are my only and beloved daughter. I only want for your happiness,” Caeleck buried her head in her Father’s shoulder and sobbed with happiness.

Asa was overwhelmed by the vividness of the images. He noticed every image was not just accompanied by Caeleck's voice, but that he knew who everyone was, as if he had met all those persons himself. The young Caeleck looked so at home with her father, and Asa felt worried for what else she was about to show him.

Master Taelennia obviously chose me as a Padawan. In the next five years I grew underneath her training, gaining sight and some semblance of shielding though I never perfected it. However, my father was soon called to be an ambassador to the Galactic Senate...

“I’m going on a trip Blossom,”

“A trip? Wherever could you be going” said Caeleck teasingly, giving her father a playful nudge in the shoulder.

“I do go on trips every once and a while, thank-you very much,” Ranaewah sniffed, “As it so happens I was summoned to the Galactic senate, apparently they want to renew communications with Alpheridies,”

“Why you?” Caeleck asked curiously, “It’s not as if the Ranaewah’s had anything to do with the senate before,”

“I assume Master Taelennia let slip to her Order that I happened to be the most respected man on this planet. Curse that woman and her medling,” Ranaewah wasn’t boasting about being the most respected man on Alpheridies. He was the man who had devised a war plan to keep Alpheridies from being overrun by Sith like the rest of the Outer Rim. The planet was saved from domination because of him.

“She had good reason, you’re getting much to plump these days dearest father,” Caeleck poked him in his rotund belly, causing Ranaewah look at her with mournful eyes.

“I’m not plump. Just well-seasoned,” he said pridefully.

“You keep telling yourself that,” Caeleck laughed, her voice ringing throughout the houses an making the air seem lighter. Then she sobered and took her father’s face in her hands. She had grown taller in the past five years and now reached his shoulder, “In all seriousness though, Father,” she threw her arms around Ranaewah and buried her face in his shoulder, “Be safe. The Sith still linger outside of Alpheridies air space,”

“I know Blossom,” Ranaewah said gently, wrapping his arms around Caeleck and hugging her tighter, “Don’t worry, I have you to come home to,” He smiled down at her, his aura moving to encompass both of them and enveloping Caeleck in soft violet light........

He didn't return.

Once again Asa's mind was wiped blank again, but this time it wasn't black but a vivid, pulsing red that showed in his mind.

He was ambushed by Space pirates just as he was coming back from Corescant. When word returned to me of his death, I went out and hunted down the pirates. I soon found them on Raxus Prime where I systematically hunted down each and every one....

Asa watched as Caeleck skillfully and mercilessly hunted down each pirate. The carnage was unbelievable and Caeleck was covered in blood by the time she reached the last one and murdered him. All of a sudden though she dropped her light saber and stared at her hands in shock and then collapsed. The memory went black.

I was sickened by what I just did and passed out from shock. My master found me soon however and took me back to Alpheridies. I spent nine days in a coma before I had awoken. I secluded myself on Alpheridies for the next six years. When I received Master Root's message my master encouraged me to go. At first I didn't want to....

The message hologram blinked from existence and Caeleck turned to Master Taelennia.

“I suppose you have something to do with this?” she asked accusingly. Master Root would have never of chosen her unless her Master said something. Master Taelennia gave her apprentice a severe look,

“Yes I did and well you deserve it. You need to get off Alpheridies, your stagnating here,” she told Caeleck sternly. Her face softened soon afterwards and her voice become gentle, “It will be good for you. You will meet other Padawans like yourself and may even find someone to help further your shield training,”

“Master, I understand why. What I don’t understand is how can you know for sure that I…that something happens out there I can’t stop?” Caeleck dropped her head to look at her hands. They were covered in a black aura that almost hid her hands from her view. Granted, she would rather not see her hands then see what lie beneath the black.

“Caeleck Ranaewah,” Caeleck flinched at hearing her surname, “You acted as anyone else would have with as little training as you had. What happened six years ago was a only a lesson to be remembered, you’re not evil,”

“I have the potential to be,”

“Everyone does. It’s in the nature of the force,”

Caeleck remained silent for many moments, sitting on the bank of the same river that she had vowed to become a Jedi on. Many thoughts ran though her head as she contemplated her return answer to Master Root. Her own Master had gotten up and left Caeleck to her thoughts, knowing that this was something Caeleck had to decide on her own. Finally, Caeleck had decided.

She got up from the bank of the river and entered the house in which she and her Master lived, the same house she has lived in all her life, and walked into her father’s bedroom. She took a deep breath. She could still smell him here. A sad smile spread across her face,

“My last laugh was in here, Father. I miss you,” she kneeled on the floor and picked up a blindfold. It was her father’s party blindfold, bedecked with many colorful glass beads. Slowly, she began to unravel the blindfold and take off all the beads. She stuck each one in one of her pockets an closed it so not a one would fall out even if she was shaken upside down by her heels. “I’m taking these with me. I’m going to make you proud, Father; I’m going to become even stronger. For you,”

~~~

Caeleck pulled her hands from Asa's head and folded them back in her robes. "So now you know," she said simply.

Asa blinked a few times. It felt remembering a long-forgotten dream, hours seemed to have passed, but judging by his surroundings, merely seconds had went by. He understood now, what was wrong. The mental scars of Caeleck's mind and memories became painstakingly clear to him. Aside from a weak smile, Asa decided not to press the matter further and backed off, his head buzzing with new worries.

Caeleck had caught Asa's discomfort and retreated further into the depths of her cloak. Sharing her closest memories had done exactly as she thought it would and now even Asa wouldn't trust her. Did I really expect anything else?