Tales of VenShara

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

"There is no great barrier to heaven," Ameial said. "Those who do not make it doom themselves with their own wickedness. I wonder if you would be so kind if you knew the past of this man before you? Judgment has its place, as does mercy. As for Hiddan, he and all those who fail the path doom themselves."

Tsubael was torn between whether to carry on or help Hiddan. But, the moment the Divine spoke, she immediately knew what she must do and felt ashamed for not doing so sooner. The white fox and newly-appointed Godspeaker of wisdom, turned to face the Divine and spoke.

"Has the battle between Jeremiah and Shari taught you nothing?" she said coldly. "Mercy and judgment are interchangeable. There is no 'place' designated for one or the other. There is no rule, no narrow-minded doctrine that determines who is worthy of mercy and who is worthy of judgment. Bahamut gave us wisdom to know the know difference."

She looked to Hidden with sympathy. "Jeremiah's bull-headed desire to pass judgment on everyone led him down the wrong path and Shari's stubborn adherence to mercy nearly made her incapable of stopping him. As the God speaker of wisdom, I accept that helping this man is not the wise thing to do, but it is the right thing to do, and that is precisely why I must do it."

Tsubael stood beside Aloron, Joe, and Leon, and spoke to Hiddan. "What you did was wrong. I cannot agree with Joe's assessment that your victims --the people you killed in cold blood-- are merely chains to hold you down. You are not a blade; you are a man; you made a conscious decision to murder them and they have every right to be angry. They are in this place because of you. However…" she paused and stared into Hiddan's eyes, "if this place is hell, then that is their fault, not yours, and if they wish to hold you here they are no better than you once were. The way out isn't to fight or resist them, but to seek reconciliation. Mercy only comes to those who seek it. Ask for their mercy and you may receive it. In doing so, they may receive mercy as well."

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

The final chamber
    Stair way to heaven

Hiddan stares at all of them hands out stretched. For a tense moment they exchange silence and then the tension is broken as Hiddan suddenly step forward, More like pushed.

He looks behind him, there standing with a mischievous grin is Jakem, the real one. His soul that of a man in his thirties. He grins at the group giving Tusbeal a knowing look then walks past without a word continueing on the path, with a smile he waves at them to follow.

Hiddan takes Tusbeals hand, and together she and him, and the group continues on higher and higher along the reapers path. The divine raises a brow seemingly impressed. “Well that’s new, I have never seen a soul so close to being lost brought back from the brink. There may be hope yet, we shall see what Bahamut thinks of you.”

Had it been minutes, maybe hours days? they couldn’t tell but with a flash of light and a grand display. Pearl covered gates appear out of the gloom triads of souls entering. Some milling about at the gates. Jakem glides over to the entrance, he points with a smile.

“Is, this it? God himself, is beyond this door?” Aloron asks. Jakem nods.

“We made it!” Isa yells giving Ishmael an overeager hug.

“Yes, so why do I suddenly have cold feet about going through?” Hiddan says with a heavy sigh.

“You are not alone, I too am nervous. And greatly so.” Aloron chuckles holding Aly tighter.

They take a step forward then something clicks in Hiddans head. “Wait a minute, Jakem I saw your daughter Spring roll. She’s here, she’s coming I just thought I would let you know.”

Jakem nods knowingly.

“Well why don’t you wait inside? Why wait out here when heaven is but a leap away?”

He smiles, “I will, but not before Suzan comes here as well.”

“Suzan...the necromancer. Her soul is here also, as is Shea’s.” Hiddan pauses at the thought of Shea. He had treated her cruelly while alive. hypocritically so as well who was he to judge her. For all his sin he had no right. “I hope they can make it.” he says sadly and with a hint of remorse.

“They can’t” Jakem responds. “And neither could you, and yet here you are.” Hiddan glances down at Tusbeals hand, he grins.

“Well then, when they arrive tell Shea I said sorry.” Jakem nods again. “I am sure she will be glad to hear it.”

“Ahem. If we are all finished here, shall we?” The divine points towards the door. Hiddan steps forward but hesitates.

“Um...well, who volunteers to enter Bahamut's living room first?” Hiddan chuckles nervously again.

3. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I punched my fist into my hand smirking. "Lemme at him, I'm not afraid of some overgrown fish, my soul isn't his for the taking!" I said, without any hesitation I walked ahead of everyone. "I won't allow whatever cruel fate you have in store for everyone to come to pass, I'll cut through fate, a miracle will occur!" I thought.

"A-Ah, wait for me!" Leon said, he wasn't as enthusiastic as I was, on the account he was a major man whore and he didn't think that Bahamut would exactly take kindly to him, but he wasn't going to let me go in all alone, he ran up next to me. "Let's go!" He said.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Samael walked up besides Joe and Leon His eyes red and wide with hunger as he started at the door, a devilish grin stretching across his face.

So long….so long….so long

It had been far too long indeed. In fact Samael had been quite unsure of just how long ago their last meeting had been.

"Oh I'm ready." He said licking his lips. "I've been ready for this for a very long time."

"Yeah have fun with that." Ishmael suddenly cut in as he backed behind his sister, his heart thumping in and out of his chest in a drum like rhythm.

He was no fool!

He’d seen the power of Bahatmut’s will and Bahatmut had certainly seen the sins he’d comitted.

Plotting revenge and to steal a kingdom?

Check!

Ishmael’s gaze shifted to Samael, teaming up with fallen?

Check!

Plotting with that fallen to use the God speaker to damage or to replace Bahatmut with that fallen?

CHEEEECK!

"Me and Isa are fine right here." He said nodding. "Come on Isa lets not get vaporized." He said grabbing her arm and turning around on heel.