Tattoo's and opinions.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thalorin19, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Anarchist_Apple84

Anarchist_Apple84 New Member

Piercings are a different matter altogether. I've had 19 overall and never had any problems whatsover, though I know not everyone is as fortunate as me.

I've had my left eyebrow pierced twice and although I've heard stories of it growing out, I was fortunate. I love the fact that now I've taken all my piercings out (except my tongue, I'll NEVER take that one out!), there is very little sign they were ever there, there's a tiny bump on my eyebrow and my tragus, but they're far from noticeable.

Sorry to hear your experience got you scarred though, Ashleigh :-S

2. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

I had my eyebrow pierced (among many other things) for years and I don't have a scar. That is unfortunate.

3. Jhunter

I had:

- Eyebrow
    - Tongue
    - Snake bites (both sides of lower lip)
    - Medusa (middle of top lip)
    - One inch gauges
    - Industrials (rod through top ear cartridge)

So, I only had eleven. And with the obvious exception of my gauges all of the holes sealed right up.

And actually, in my photo gallery in my profile you can see me with some of my piercings. I regretfully cant find any for when I had all of them at once. I now have no piercings at all however.

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I still don't think it's quite the way as you think. Tattoo removal is such a rarely asked for treatment, it is actually much less common than anyone would expect. Whereas tattoos are very common these days. I am pretty sure about this :)

5. Jhunter

I don't know where you live. But removal clinics are everywhere in Southern California.

6. jazzabel

I live and work in the UK, previously in Australia. In my experience, it is a very uncommon treatment, most clinics have a handful of patients, they each need many sessions to get the result but overall, it is not a booming business by any standards in the industry.
    It could be that the clinics offering that treatment also offer a whole host of other laser treatments (such as hair removal, rejuvenation etc) so you might find that tattoo removal is a minority of the overall business, but treatment gets advertised giving the impression that tattoo removal is booming business, whereas, laser treatments and aesthetic procedures in general are a booming business.
    Or so I am assuming based on what I know, but that might not apply to Southern California :)

7. Jhunter

Southern California has Los Angeles in it. There is quite a few moro--I mean people in it with tattoos that need removed.

The California gangs keep them in business alone. A lot of people get out of jail/prison and want to start over.

Also a lot of tattoo shops refer people nowadays to removal clinics instead of covering something up. It makes for a much better piece in the end. They all work out some kind of deal that is beneficial to the shop and clinic.

And of course they offer other treatments, they would be stupid if they did not. But the clinics all have "TATTOO REMOVAL" in giant letters outside their establishments. Meaning that is most of the clientele they are trying to get.

But, as you say, Southern California is not the United Kingdom or Australia.

Lastly, I am not disputing the fact that there is much more people getting tattoos than are getting them removed. Just saying the removal business is strong where I live.

8. jazzabel

Yup, I think you hit the nail on the head :D

9. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

I think it's a shame that tattoo removals arent common, kinda reduces my already small amount of faith in humanity...

10. thalorin19

thalorin19 Member

I think we're all entitled to what we feel is important and not. I made this thread to see what other people thought about tattoos and all that, didn't ask for their opinion on the quote I was planning on using, so lay off. Besides, I've found dozens of tattoo's with the same quote on their body. Such awful things they have done expressing what they adore, eh?

Anyways, I think some of you are right with it being to long for the wrist. I also saw that you can't really...move the spot of where you tattoo is at to much for the first few weeks as it messes up with the healing process or something and I write everyday for hours, so that wouldn't be the best. I was thinking off putting on my upper back area. A stem and rose along my upper spine with the quote in the middle and only the pedals of the rose inked with color.

11. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Groovy.

12. Jhunter

The tattoo idea itself sounds pretty awesome. But it sounds girly; so I don't know if that is what you are after.

13. thalorin19

thalorin19 Member

That's definitely fair. Reason I talk about roses a lot is because it's such a major thing throughout the series. Try to envision like...like a manly rose, if possible.

14. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

You should personify the roses, like, physically. Have like really buff naked men with roses for heads riding Harley Davidsons whilst brandishing shotguns.

And bitches... On fire.

15. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

In regards to placement, when you find the artist you want to do the tattoo, you can always get their input on where they think it would look good and have the least risk for damage or needing touch-ups. My tattoo artist here in Vegas was a huge help when I got my last tattoo.

16. Jhunter

LOL /highfive and +2 internets

17. Jhunter

What about getting a big back piece of the tower with a rose (mostly stem and thorns with the rose flower at the top in the middle of your shoulder blades) wrapping around it and the quote across your shoulders?

Maybe even throw in the main character walking up to it?

This will be expensive by the way. But it will be awesome. You will also have to shop around for a good artist.

18. thalorin19

thalorin19 Member

http://thetowerjunkie.tumblr.com/post/14365589831/schrodingerhadalotofcats-got-my-third-tattoo

I like the one that guy has. I was thinking of having the quote circle around it or something as well. I also like your idea too. So many options!

Expensive, but worth it. It's just something I feel is important to have. Luckily, there are several artists just in town. Probably be scouting through all of them sometime here this week.

19. Jhunter

Sorry, I am really not trying to be rude. But just having a massive rose is pretty girly. Quote or no quote.

That is why in my idea I made the tower the centerpiece and the rose be mostly stem and thorns with the single bloom at the top.

20. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

What about a Giant flaming rose, with breasts shooting lava instead of petals?

No one would dare doubt your sexuality.

21. Jhunter

:D For that to work there needs to be more naked chicks surfing on the flames with dead babies as the boards. :p

22. astroannie

astroannie New Member

The way I see it is in 30 years i'll be my mother's age. What would look good on her body.

I have the star logo of the Houston Astros on my ankle but I intend to augement it with knotwork flame/wing thingies as I can afford it. This is about a place in my life I want to remember. On my ankle it is unobtrusive but highly showable, at my discretion.

23. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

The way I see it is in 30 years i'll be

86 and won't give a damn what anyone thinks, including me.

24. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

As I said, I only have one, it represents my first novel. My son has me way beat.

[​IMG]

25. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

[​IMG]