Tavern's Lads & Girls Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Xyphyx

Xyphyx New Member

I've never been the kind of guy to just walk up to someone and suggest a dinner or a movie. Personally, I've always engaged myself in light conversation while learning about them. Putting my feelers out, if you will, finding their likes and dislikes. I normally don't imply dating until she comes to me to talk. Because then, I know that she's interested in my thoughts and opinions and not just talking to me out of courtosy.

But then - that's just me and I'm a little wierd.

-Xy

2. E-bow

E-bow Banned

I'm not either. I'm incredibly shy and it was very hard to speak to her that day. But fortunately she was kind and kept the conversation going. I want to keep speaking to her, but don't want to come across as a desperate loser(which I may very well be, but I don't want her to know that ;) ).

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

well as a female, I'd say go with Xy's approach. Shows respect :)

4. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

As has been suggested, respect is a must. If you want to compliment her, start with something a little less leery that physical attributes - or something like the colour of her shirt/dress matches her eyes. ;)

If you want to get to know her, often the safest bet is an invitation to something a little more social than an official date - like a work function or somewhere there is likely to be other people that she knows or feels comfortable with. This acheives two things - it lets her know that you appreciate her company on a more personal level, but removes the pressure often associated with the word 'date'.

Hope that helps. :)

5. Xyphyx

Xyphyx New Member

Thanks Tor - I try.

We're all desperate loosers when it comes to women :). J/K E-bow, the trick is to knowing that you have something to offer - something to give. When I found my wife, all I had left was myself. So I pushed passed my walls and opened up (which was one of the most frightening times of my life!). I don't go into any relationship wondering what they could bring to my life. But rather what I could bring to theirs. A friendly talk, uplifting words in times of doubt, humor.... My focus with all my friendships and relationships alike is to offer them parts of my heart in the hopes that they would recieve it. I cannot ask for anything more.

6. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

To be honest with you mate, I do not think there is anyting wrong in admirning someone's body, as long as you are not doing it in an obvious perverted way, like oggling her or something. I know I have this lad mate who has a very nice chest, and whenever he has his top off or something, I cannot help but notice it is quite nice to look at. Not staring or anything, or course, and being mates we just joke about it, but I think as long as you respect her, and are not oogling her 24/7, it is only human nature to admire someone's body.

7. E-bow

E-bow Banned

Thanks for the advice. Maybe she has a nice personality to go with that lovely bum :).

8. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

lol's im actually among the few elite teenage male population thats a LITTLE bit decent. But in my experience (which isn't much as im only 15 lol) of rejections and acception there are a few rules to women/girls that apply almost 100 percent of the time.

1. Brad Pitt is sexy, nuff said (that was my sad attempt at a joke)
    2. Eye contact is crucial, if you look anywhere else besides thier beautiful eyes in the span of ten seconds, you FAIL (sometimes..)
    3. Dress for success :D
    4. LISTEN :mad:, I have no idea why but i tend to black out sometimes when i talk to a nice girl and it comes crumbling down over me like the Roman Empire, listen and make a worthy conversation.. Or die :eek:
    5. I look great with my shirt off :cool: (Thats debatable though)

9. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Recently, I found this girl who seems to share a quirk with myself. She's a wonderful person, donating her time to help those less fortunate, and we appear to get along quite well. The day I met her, we talked until 4am about the most random things. However, she's in her final year at my college, and she will be leaving quite soon.

Just my luck.

10. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Aww that is so horrible, sorry man..

11. BlackDragonEX

BlackDragonEX Member

Okay hers another problem about asking a girl out >.<

Anyway Me and this girl have been friends for about a year now, she's one of my friends and im one of hers. Anyway Ive found I have feelings for her.
    Basically Im afraid to ask her Incase she says no, in wish case not only is our friendship over but one of her best friends is a real ***** and Im also afraid that is she does say no this friend of hers will make life hell for me (shes done this with another person whos been rejected by her XD)
    Also I have major self confidence Issues and one of ym friends is the clueless clingy dude and whenever i try to get a moment alone to talk to her and (MAYBE) try and get the courage to ask her to the movies or something he always appears.
    I have tried to ask her before but I always chicken out at the last second, I just have no self-confidence.

Any help would be appreciated.

12. Nezriel

Nezriel New Member

A problem I have is:
    I live in a country where its hard to find a girl who speaks the English
    Im surrounded by dudes or dude-like women on a military base
    All the girls I see that look like they do the same thing, like play video games, have a ring on their finger
    I dont expect help in this matter, but if anyone has any tips that'd be swell.

13. alanmt

alanmt New Member

I am missing someone special

14. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Well, this is entirely up to you. If you really want to ask her out, try your hardest to get her alone and ask her out. I'm sure you'll find a time. If you're rejected, life moves on. I'm sure she'll still be your friend as long as you don't make things awkward or try to make more advances on her. As for her friend, tell her to go somewhere if you know what I mean. Friends like that can only be ignored.
    Also, don't take this as discouragement but I find that when I go out with a close friend, I end up losing them when or relationship is over. It's a risk to go out with a friend and I would strongly advise thinking it over and wondering if it really is worth it. Best of luck to you!

15. adamant

I was reading an article on this topic that I agreed with. It stated that it's best to try flirting with the person you're attracted to. If they respond positively, things will naturally flow towards you two becoming a couple. Otherwise, back off and you still get to keep your friendship.

16. kissingtheshadows

kissingtheshadows New Member

So here's my problem-

I've known this guy for a year now. The first time I met him, I knew I wanted to be with him. The porblem is that he lives in orlando. But we ended up keeping in touch. After a few months I told him my feelings, and he felt the same for me, but didn't want to commit to a long distance relationship. I was okay with it, I was just glad I told him my feelings. We still stayed great friends, and I visited him and saw his band play multiple times. Then, I met this guy whom I liked, but I was still in love with Cory and knew it. I went out with Michael anyways. After a few weeks, I saw Cory's band again, and knew I couldnt be with Michael. I broke up with him, and me and Cory decided we would hook up next time we saw each other. That time came a month later, but I had gotten sick. I told him I'd rather hold it off and not get him sick. So about a month after that, I finally confessed I loved him and he meant more to me than anything. His reply was, "Oh Stephanie, please don't tell me that". I was awhile since I talked to him after that, but when I finally did, he confessed he got a girlfriend.

I know I should move on, but everytime I try to I can't. I mean, I understand he didn't get a girlfriend just to betray me. And I'm glad for him that he's now happy, but I feel so lonely and like I'll never meet anyone else. I'm not trying to dwell on it, because it's a high school relationship, and he should still have feelings for me because we've been talking almost everyday for the past year now, he should have developed something for me. It's also been almost a month now since I last talked to him, and his birthday is coming up in a few days. I wanna wish him happy birthday and talk to him again. I really do miss him. My friends keep telling me I should move on, and for awhile I tried that, but now even my head is telling me to have a break from relationships and have fun this summer. What do you all think I should do?

17. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

*sigh*...How do you know if it's (the relationship) good for him or if it's just convenient?

I don't know and I really wish I could figure it out...agghhhh!! I am becoming frustrated.

18. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Nothing I can really do about this now, but I thought I should share:

So, at the beginning of the year, there was this boy at school. He had a crush on me (I feel so vain saying that, but I know it was true >.< ), but he came off as really creepy and I always shied away from him and avoided him. He gave up after a while and stopped trying to talk to me so much. Then, at the beginning of fourth quarter, he suddenly became less creepy and really, really hot. I'm kinda kicking myself for avoiding him so much in the beginning of the year :redface: Oh well.

Just thought I should throw that out there. There's a moral in there somewhere, I think :D

19. adamant

Almost seems like what happened to that guy is happening to me. However, girls are weird and sometimes send the most cryptic messages I've ever seen, heard, or felt.

20. kissingtheshadows

THAT SUCKS! hahahahahaha! Well maybe you can try and just apologize to him for now, and see if anything sparks up :D that's probably what I would do haha.

It sucks for me, because of the situation I'm in (I posted it in a few posts back) I have that on my mind, but there's two other guys -

Tim - sweet guy, really hot though he's short, a muscician AND a writer, in a band and also working on a solo project (I believe it's folk metal) and he's really funny and has a great personality. But I see him as more of a friend, and whenever I think of me and him dating it feels awkward because he's almost like my annoying guy friend.

Josh - oh man, I cannot even begin how GORGEOUS THIS GUY IS! We're talking about chest-length brown hair, beautiful eyes, muscular but not too muscular body, muscician, plays in a progressive metal band, just HJEHSEHFSGDKFJGKJGFKS BEAUTIFUL! But he has a girlfriend except it always seems as if he's coming onto me and my brother doesn't trust me with him.

Dammit Cory why can't you live here with me and not 3 hours away!!!

Ugh, but for the other grisl in here, do you share the same attraction in guys with long hair as I do? I just can't be attracted to guys with short hair, I don't know it's weird :p

21. Marloy

Marloy New Member

First post here, it's weird to see how many people have these problems, and so many the same as I do. And yes, I do share that attraction. I don't necessarily flock to them, or like it at a certain length, but you're right, they are attractive when they come that way!

Though, I don't really choose who I like by those standards, and I do like guys with short hair the same. Not too fond about baldness, but shaved/military type haircuts are just fine too. And I adore dreadlocks!

I'll take pretty much anything as long as it's not a mullet! :eek: :D

22. kissingtheshadows

Dreadlocks ARE sexy! Anyone know Brian Fair from Shadows Fall? He's HOT haha his dreadlocks are long!

I remember my friend used to be in a hardcore/metal band and his guitarist has blond dreads, which are oddly sexy, and snake bites. He's pretty hot, but my friend was OBSESSED with him (the piercings kind of ruined it for me. Unless it's a tongue piercing, not too into guys with piercings. But tattoos are anothing story... :D)

But I'm not too picky with guys, except their hair and eyes. I'm a sucker for a guy with beautiful blue eyes :rolleyes:

23. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Gah, here too. Dreamy. :p

24. kissingtheshadows

Oh man, I dated a guy once with the PRETTIEST eyes! They were small, and were the deepest sea blue color. Oh my god they were gorgeous. I remember he had this nice blue and black striped button-down shirt and he wore that for a date we had one time, his eyes popped out like WOW!

25. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

sheesh.........no wonder I can't see no guys around.....

but on a more serious note.......I love rugged guys........lol