1. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Tech Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EdFromNY, May 28, 2012.

Is it possible to convert a video file to an audio one? Or else to separate the audio track in a video file for use as an MP3 or CD track? It seems to me there should be a way to do this, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

DISCLAIMER: not asking for the purpose of illicit profit. I just have come across a number of items that I can only get on DVD and would like to be able to listen to them on CD or MP3.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It can certainly be done. There are video tools that separate the audio from the digital for processing, before recombining them into an output video file.

However, this is not the site for discussing particular software products, due to our strict rules against advertising. You are best off seeking this answer elsewhere. If I had any interest in finding such an answer myself, that is what I would do.

3. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Thanks, Cog. I didn't expect to find the ultimate answer here, just wanted to know if it was worth the effort to search it out. My quest commences!