1. bone jaw

bone jaw Member

Technical problem, I think

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by bone jaw, Jun 1, 2008.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for it.

My problem is this: Whenever I log in, I can never stay that way. I'll log in, and then less than five minutes later, I'll have to log in again and again. It's really irritating me, because whenever I try to post something, I am asked to re-log in, which I do, but after I sign in again, anything I had written will simply disappear. Even after I pushed the back button, it doesn't come back. :( If I'm posting something long, is it better I write to notepad if I don't want to lose it? Is this supposed to be happening because I'm still new?

2. Torana

Torana Contributing Member Contributor

erm...that shouldn't be happening and I am sorry that it is. I can't think of why it is happening. Best thing is to wait for a mod or the admin to come online. Even PM them to get a faster response over this matter.

3. Al B

Al B Senior Member

Is it happening on just this forum, or other ones too? I'd test that out to see if the issue is relating to this site or whether it is a problem with your browser's security settings.

Just an idea, might be worth a shot.

Al

4. Torana

Torana Contributing Member Contributor

Actually that is probably the problem.

Try clearing your cookies as well. That might work.

5. bone jaw

bone jaw Member

No, it's just here. This doesn't happen on any of the other forums I visit.
    My security settings are as they've always been. I haven't changed them.

Edit: I don't know why, but so far, it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. If I'm still having any problems with this, I'll just raise this thread.
    Thanks for the advice though. :)

6. Al B

Al B Senior Member

Strange. I must admit though, I once had difficulties logging onto a site I often visit and could not get to the bottom of it, in the end I switched to using Firefox instead of IE7 and that cured it, never did find out what IE had against that particular site.

Might be worth giving that a shot too, unless you're on Vista, and not using IE.

Al

7. bone jaw

bone jaw Member

I'm using firefox v2, but the problem seems to have went away. :confused: Strange.