1. WriterodLife1994

WriterodLife1994 Member

How do you make it flow when you're also jumping all over the place?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by WriterodLife1994, Aug 16, 2015.

I'm writing a piece that involves a lot of jumping around in place and time.

There is where the story currently opens (11:30 PM on a Tuesday Night in Spring of 2010)

There is the plot device that occurred roughly two hours earlier at around 9:30

Then their is the backstory which involves a murder that took place nearly twenty years earlier and a shakeup in the family dynamic that occurred some months before that

Plus all the switching around between a hospital, a safe house, and a federal law enforcement office building.

I don't want to go in chronological order, I want to cover things as the characters that I open with learn them, but I also don't want it to be so complicated and confusing for the readers that they give up... Any thoughts on how to do this? I can't post an actual text in the workshop until Monday but I don't want to stop writing.