Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloThere

HelloThere Contributing Member

That last bit of your food.

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by HelloThere, Dec 4, 2015.

Does anyone else get that same dilemma I do, where, when I'm eating something, I get to the last bite and find that it is too large of a size for one convenient mouthful, and yet too small for two satisfying mouthfuls? I call it the One-and-a-Half-Mouthfuls problem; I encounter this problem far too frequently to just brush off as something that happens, and have come up with my own strategies for coping in this situation. I am now wondering, what is your preferred course of action, and why:

A. Take the whole bit in one go, this can range between being a slightly juicier bite to a full on jaw aching chewing session.

B. Take it in two bites to drag out the end of the meal, resolving to next time take into account the ideal bite size to remaining number of bites ratio.

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributing Member Contributor

It happens, but I think that I always keep on taking normal bites, and then I mop up that last remaining scrap, and that doesn't bother me. It bothers me so little that I'd never been consciously aware of it until you asked.

HelloThere likes this.
  3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Aaand here we have another first world problem. :p

I thought you were going to talk about the problem of overeating because we all grew up in the clean-plate club.

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributing Member Contributor

I think you're overthinking it...or maybe if you did think about it a bit more you'd plan your meal better...perhaps you need to spend longer before you start, prioritizing which pieces of food can be sub-divided into acceptable bite-sizes, and which need to be combined with something else to make it acceptable...but then you need to be sure that the flavours of the combinations will be acceptable...if only somebody would write an app to do this for me...

5. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I do this. But maybe since you're thinking about this so much, you should have your food pre-cut. :D

6. Moth

Moth Active Member

I can honestly say that this is something I have never once thought of before in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.