1. nacreous

nacreous New Member

The 3 items Game (What fun!)

Discussion in 'Word games' started by nacreous, May 3, 2008.

The 3 items Game (What naughty fun!)

How would you folks like this game? One person posts three specific things, like:
    1. a chocolate bunny
    2. some pretty wildflowers
    3. the Milky Way galaxy.
    The next person has to write a short little story (or poem) using all three of those items. They dont have to be more than a few sentences. When that person is finished writing their story they MUST POST three new items for the next person. This can be a really fun little game, and I find it improves skills and sharpens the imagination.

OH, won't you join me in this little pastime?
    hopefully, nacreous.

1. a chocolate bunny
    2. some pretty wildflowers
    3. the Milky Way galaxy.

2. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Once upon a time there was a chocolate bunny named Bob.
    He lived in a field of pretty wildflowers.
    Every night Bob the Chocolate Bunny would lie and stare up into the Milky Way and wonder...why couldn't I be a candy bar?

I almost forgot...:)

1. velvet ribbon
    2. Troll
    3. golden key

3. nacreous

nacreous New Member

Camilla the singing troll felt utterly lost among the cypress swamps of central florida. she was the only afficionado of classical music in the cultural bleak desert known as america's wang. Silently she hummed the chorus of "Wir Danken Mir, Gott!" as she walked sadly to the trashpile. But there, over there beneath the rotting heaps of foetid garbage, was a shining key of purest gold. Camilla eagerly snatched the precious thing and pocketed it. She stole off to the dark caves of Altamira and opened the enchanted door. There, in the corner of a vast open chamber of sparkling limestone and schist, she found her long-lost ribbon for the part she played in the second grade musical.

I dont know, how about,
    1. a little female mouse named Tandra
    2. the state of Florida
    3. the Christmas Oratorio by J.S. Bach

4. ChimmyBear

Oh...that was just too..cool!!...I loved the ribbon part and the second grade musical.;)

Tandra was a little mouse, of no more than 75 years. She was very old and very wise and could sing like no other. Tandra lived in Florida with her brother David and his sister, Sam. We do not ask how David has a sister and Tandra does not, for these things would not seem proper. As the seasons changed from warm to cool, Tandra could feel the call of the Christmas Oratorio...she must put it together and do so fast. Gathering all of the voices that she could enlist, Tandra created a great choir of little mouse singers. The state of Florida would never be the same again...or the Christmas Oratorio. ;)

Okay next:

1. Spider
    2. Classical Guitar
    3. Pair of shoes

5. nacreous

nacreous New Member

that was really excellent. very funny. It really got me excited about planning the christmas oratorio! nice job.

there once was a spider named Lar
    all his short life he practiced guitar
    but he heard of Segovia
    and then broke his poor fovea
    now he's in footwear and travelling far.

next up we have...
    1. a female raccoon
    2. a sort of space-time-travel device
    3. the Andromeda Galaxy
    good luck!

6. ChimmyBear

A randy Raccoon we'll call Patsy
    had a yellow space ship taxi
    To Andromeda she'd go
    without any woe
    with her tiny feline Tabby

That one was tough!! :)

1. lawn mower
    2. tooth pick
    3. map

Have fun!!!!

7. nacreous

nacreous New Member

AWESOME. that was just great. that really made my day. Thanks, Chim. That was a wonderful poem. you could have added many more syllables and still kept that wonderful rhythmic flow. Good job.

Within the dark world of lawn mowers,
    where the dastardly bastards are stark,
    a world full of gleamers and glowers -
    heroic and manly tooth pick Stanley!

And Stanley the tooth pick is weary
    Oh, his sad life so filled with despair!
    Lo! he leaves that lost land so dreary
    with his map and a key and a prayer.

that was fun! thanks.
    how about... hmm,
    1. a pod of Marlins
    2. Mount Everest
    3. dark belgian chocolates

8. Bick

Bick New Member

There I was scuba diving, those delicious belgian chocolates in my hand, as they melted into the Atlantic ocean. I watched as all the fish swam past me, not giving me a second glance. The reef, full of life. I smiled as a pod of Marlins dove down, their long bodies glimmered.

Much better then my other treks, the beauty of the ocean. More fantastic then climbing to the top of Mount Everest.

(Haha. Lame.)

1) Frank Sinatra
    2) Fried Mouse Bladders
    3) A talking sword.

9. nacreous

nacreous New Member

no, that was very sweet and vivid, actually. I really liked it. I could imagine that, except for the bringing of fine belgian chocoaltes to underwater.
    way out in the galaxy Pax,
    ridiculous gesticulous tax -
    but a gleek named sinatra,
    as he chants some sin mantra,
    thought the logistics were lax.
    so he jumps on the restaurant train
    as he croons to some doodeling twain,
    and he eats some mouse bladders
    and he dances on ladders
    but a talking sword calls him inane.

1. the three stooges
    2. the original starship enterprise
    3. alan alda from M*A*S*H
    p.s. those are the three shows I watch every sunday morning.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

I lay down, my hands under my chip and my elbows on the carpet holding my head up. My feet wagged back and forth as I watch the Three Stooges, on every Weekend morning at 7am. My brother walked past me, slapping at my feet. I gave him a dirty look, my nose cringing. Stupid brothers.

I sit next to my father, it’s 3pm. He has the popcorn on his lap and I take a handful. He looks over at me and smiles, patting my head. I smiled back, a mouthful of popcorn. He laughs, looking back at the television. Startrek, the one with the original Starship enterprise. He quickly changes the channel as he looks at the time, M*A*S*H time. I smile as Alan Alda comes on, his cute little face. He was always the best character, the funniest. I grabbed another handful of popcorn, this was the life. Watching television with my father next to me. I grinned that wide grin, my dad giving me another pat on the back. For sure, this was the life.

1) Baked Apples
    2) Iced Coffee
    3) Pumpkin Pie

11. nacreous

nacreous New Member

aww, that is so sweet. very realistic, like a single page from the past, like some random scene of happiness from anywhere in america. It brought me back to my happy childhood a bit, too.
    Bick smiles at her daughter as she returns from another twelve hour day at her wildly successful pastry shop. So, she has made it, she glances at her college diploma on the wall, laughing at the horrrible time she had in attaining the thing. Her daughter hugs her and brings her some baked apples she made for the first time ever. they settle down in front of the tv and watch ancient episodes of the three stooges together.
    soon, she begins to think of icy cold and strong iced coffee, and she gets up to retreive the pitcher of cold strong brew from the frig. pouring some over an ice-packed and chilled steel mug, she watches the ice-steam drifting upwards on a soft summer breeze.
    Suddenly she remembers the pumpkin pies! OH GOD the PUMPKIN PIES she screams, and snatching up her daughter she runs for her life down the street as the pumpkin pies begin their long-planned and deadly attack on humanity.

boy that stunk! whew!
    1. melted chocolate
    2. a young male bobcat in the forest
    3. the swirling nebulas in a dark sky

12. Bick

Bick New Member

I liked it :p My total dream life, please thanks!

This game is fun :eek:

I sat on the bench, my chocolate bar in my hand. Caramel chocolate, nothing better. I rested my head on the back, the birds sang, the squirrels quarreled and the wind blew ever so gently. I closed my eyes, just listening to natures natural song.

My mind wondered to the forest. I could see it, the lush flora and the sounds. Birds singing, but more then just the normal everyday birds, bird sounds you can’t even imagine, like a twisted concert of instruments from all around the world. Never silence, for how can there be? Million, maybe billions of species. Toucans, Turacos, Tigers, anything you could dream of. I smiled, thinking of the bobcats. Those tuffs on their faces, their baby faces. Small, yet large all at the same time.

I opened my eyes, looking at a pigeon sitting in front of me. He looked at me expectingly.

“Scavenger.” I muttered, laying my head back. I closed my eyes again, but this time my mind wondered elsewhere. It went to the beyond, our galaxy. I flew past the moon, past even Neptune. I could see everything, but eerie quietness was what turned my blood cold. Pure darkness, seemingly tangible. I went further, beyond our own galaxy. My eyes became wide as I took notice of the nebula hundred of thousands of miles from me. A birth. The beauty was immense.

My eyes gently opened, and I sighed, looking at the time on my watch. Time to go home. I got up, taking the chocolate to my mouth, only then noticing how squishy it is. I looked at the now completely melted chocolate bar. Damnit. I sighed, and thrust it into the trash. I pigeon cooed.

“Looks like neither of us are getting our meal.” I muttered, walking off.

Oops! I forgot my words. xD Got too much into the story.

1) Barney the Dinosaur.
    2) Tears
    3) Bob the Tomato

13. nacreous

nacreous New Member

nice, very imaginative and fulfilling. I could wish that they both got to eat, but oh well, we dont always get what we want.
    speaking of which, you forgot to post three new items.

14. nacreous

nacreous New Member

oh once there was a dinosaur
    and barney was his name-oh
    he ate too much and he got sore
    took it out on u s a - oh
    and now he is the president
    the silliest in the land - oh
    but then he did not pay the rent
    and the tears they did flow - oh
    and tomato Bob did bail us out
    and soon we cried halleluya - oh
    I know this sucks - but please dont shout!

next up:
    1. Saturn the planet
    2. J. S. Bach the musician
    3. Dove the ice cream bar

15. Bick

Bick New Member

She looked at the melting ice cream bar on the ground, it lay next to him. His breathing was slow and his eyes were shut. Shock. It just sat next to him and melted, as if draining his very life with every drop. She grabbed his hand, it was limp. Was he even there anymore? She cried out, as his chest gave it’s last heave, the melting ice cream flowing onto he knees. Everything went black.

It was dark, but more then that. Pure darkness that you can’t even get in the country. That quiet darkness that sends chills down your back, not because of the nightly noises, but because of it’s pureness. The music played in her ears, she recognized it as Bach’s work. She smiled as the darkness began to move, if darkness could move. The planets flew by her until she reached Saturn. It’s rings and it’s large mass.

Don’t we love stories with absolutely no point to them? I’m too lazy to even think of what those two paragraphs have anything to do with eachother. Imagine that yourself ;)

1: Blank disk
    2: Marker
    3: Bob Marley

16. SwirlingSparkles

SwirlingSparkles New Member

1: Blank disk
    2: Marker
    3: Bob Marley

"yea, mon! And straight up with the corn husks and the Halle Selassie bottle opener," says Bob Marley on a fine and bright autumn morning in 1973.

His friend and fellow musician Bunny Livingston turns to him in the warm Jamaica breeze, passing a sheet of finely-dried husk and a sand-encrusted bottle opener. Then he lays back on the white sand, a smile wide on his face.

All of the sudden, Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart, Kevin Godley and Lol Creme came strolling along the wide, deserted beach, beeping and bopping to snappy tunes crooned in time to the lapping of the waves.

Graham removed a small black magic marker from his seventies-style vest. There was a sudden chill felt among the musicians, some sense of remorse and darkness deep in their hearts. Bob Marley, feeling this strange compelling drive most deeply, quickly jumped up and stole the strange men's silver chains! Oh noes! It was a present from their mothers!

And then a blank flying disk hovered nearby, releasing a faint but potent smell along the sunny sandy beachline. Off it swirled, zipping away into the misty western sky, leaving the musicians below, dancing and grooving to reggae beats and laughing together at the general silliness of the modern world.

next writer...
    1. a red maple tree with leaves of red, orange, and gold
    2. brand new batteries
    3. falling in love for the first time

17. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

In the shade of the maple,
    with leaves of red so deep.
    I fell in love with a man,
    who ended up being a creep.

My first taste of love, ended,
    with bitter tears my soul churns.
    I'm alone now with my B.O.B.,
    brand new batteries it burns.

Items:

1. Lost tooth
    2. hearts
    3. crayons

18. echo_wolf

echo_wolf New Member

Oh i have a cute one for this.

The slugish yellow bus pulled into the snow covered school grounds. Ally looked out the window and frowned. It was almost Christmas but Santa wouldnt be coming. Not this year. The sad 1st grader stood up when the bus stopped. She had no idea why she was at the high school but she followed the teacher and the other kids into the gym. She sat down on the bleachers of the empty gym. She wigled her loose tooth, atleast that was something to be happy about.
    Soon a smiling, kind looking teacher came into the gym followed by several groups of high school students. Ally suddenly felt very small. The high school students all looked so happy as the broke off into groups. Then Ally's teacher started to talk.
    "Students, this is Mrs. Adams. She is the latin teacher here at the high school, and her club had planned a party for us! The students have bought you all presents. So how about we get started!" Ally's spirits suddenly lifted. Her teacher came around assigned the students to a group of high schoolers and gave them heart shaped name tags. Ally was sent off with a group of girls named Tyler, Lauren, and Miranda. They gave her the presents and the spent some time playing with them. She got some barbies and a coloring book and a really big box of crayons! She also got a big fluffy winter coat and it was purple! Her favorite color. Then, Santa came. He said that he made a special stop just for them. Ally sat on his lap and he was very kind and jolly, then he reached in his magic bag and pulled out another present for her. She went back to show Lauren, Miranda and Tyler and they pulled out yet another present. Ally was so happy. She hugged the girls and went home happier then she had ever been!

Wow. so i went over board but this is a true story. Good way to get into the holiday spirit!

1. Latin book
    2. Band room closed ;)
    3. Horse

19. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

I was reading my latin book, lamenting todays test. How was I supposed to pass?

I decided to go to the band room to have a quick study on my own, before class. I knew no one would be in there, they usually didn't practice 'til the afternoon.

I stood at the doorway to the band room, staring at the closed sign. I was shocked.

My friend passed me in the hall, I hollered to her, asking if she knew why the closed sign was up.

Apparently, our neighboring school had pulled an elaborate Home Coming prank and had locked a horse in there. She told me it made quite a mess, the janitor was not pleased.

1. a key board with missing keys
    2. food coloring
    3. fingernail polish

20. karalissa

karalissa New Member

stuck in the valley wishing to be in the mountains
    Ailana sat hunched over the ivory keys, her back bent just like her grandmother had sat there just a few weeks ago. She admired the elegant black and white, perfectly structured to create the finest sound. She laid her fingers on the keys as she sat up straight, her pinky finger pushed down on the E followed by her ring finger on the Eb. She started playing Fur Elise, the sound echoed throughout the house. But she stopped when her finger went to hit the high E; it was missing. And she could have just skipped that one note, but that was all she knew anyways. She had never learned the rest of the song just because that one key was missing.
    Now just staring at the keys again, Ailana let out a deep breath and stood up. She walked into the kitchen where her teenage daughter was painting her nails with vivacious red nail polish. Ailana only smiled, until she saw her two year old son covered in blue food coloring. It was in his hair, on his face. His hands were dyed blue, as well as the floor.
    "Christina Marie! You were supposed to be watching him!" she raised her voice to her oldest daughter who just stood there.
    "I did tell you, and you would've heard me if you weren't playing the beginning of the ridiculous song."
    Inside Ailana something broke, and she thought it was a piece of her heart.

1. a pineapple
    2. a radical lesbian
    3. and a missing train ticket to somewhere over seas.