1. MiltonClemens

MiltonClemens New Member

Annoying little kids

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MiltonClemens, Oct 7, 2009.

I'm in High school, 11th grade now and apparently I have some issues with 7th grade girls.

There's this group of girls (two girls actually) who kept on laughing whenever they come across me. I usually ignore them, but they kept on doing it and seriously getting on my nerves. As a result, I'm afraid of going anywhere in school, I would usually stay in my comfort zone and not bother going anywhere, not to mention the area for 7th graders. I feel uncomfortable, I don't know what to do. I want to confront them but I know they wouldn't confess, because kids used to do that to avoid problems.

1. I don't feel comfortable if they laugh at me.
    2. I'm seriously afraid if the joke would be passed along other grade 7's and most of them would laugh at me, and I would fall into humiliation.
    3. Ignoring them makes me look weak and unable to take action, and more people would eventually laugh at me (7th graders). They would continue because they think I won't do anything if I ignore them

What should I do??? It may sound stupid, thinking about immature kids, but I just don't feel comfortable. What do you think I should do?:confused:

2. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Ignoring most certainly does not make you look weak and is likely your best course of action. If anything, it makes you look more mature.

I don't know the nature of the joke but it sounds to me as if they may have a crush on you.

3. MiltonClemens

MiltonClemens New Member

I don't know the nature of the joke either, but it is definitely not because they have a crush on me.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

They're in 7th grade. Is there any more explanation needed than that?
    During those years, the brain is undergoing a strange metamorphosis.
    Things that in later years would go completely unnoticed because they do not
    matter are, for the 7th grader, somehow hilarious.

The 7th grader does not answer to reason, since most of the connections to higher
    brain function have not yet been well established.
    I would pay them little mind. :cool:

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Agreed and agreed. Reacting or trying to call them out will probably just make you either look like a bully or just look immature. Ignoring them, on the other hand, just makes them look immature. Which they are.

You're in 11th grade, and you go to school with 7th graders? :confused: Here schools are separated-7th through 9th go to one school, and 10th to 12th go to another. Having 7th through 12th graders at the same school seems...dangerous. Not to mention obnoxious.

6. pinelopikappa

pinelopikappa New Member

Most probably they do. Usually anything else is an excuse to spend their time discussing you. :) One can never be sure though...

7. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Gotta agree with Wreybies on this one. And he is very SMRT.

8. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

like everyone is saying, just ignore them. It is definately the best course of action. If you are the root of some joke but you don't react then it's not really funny anymore and will quickly die down of its own accord. And if the do like you, which I wouldn't rule out, then they'll probabaly get over it pretty quickly. Either way the problem should go away if you ignore it.

9. MiltonClemens

MiltonClemens New Member

But it has been going for like 5 months now, they laugh when they see me.

Apparently yes... From ECY, EL, MS, and HS altogether in a three towered building

10. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

Milton, you sound like a big sweetheart and I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction, but I would play with the idea. If ignoring them seems not to work, then don't. Why not give them a wink in the halls or a thumbs up or something, pretend to show them you don't give a damn about what they think...cause honestly you shouldn't. This should be a fun time in your life...just think you don't have to worry about paying your mortgage on time or praying you don't get fired on your in this economy nowadays.

So my suggestion to you is pretend!! You are a writer and a creative mind. Beat them at their own game. Have confidence in yourself, your intellegent enough I'm sure. You certainly seem thoughtful and self-conscious, you can think of something.

Give them a goofy little wave or some sweet acknowledgment you know and your on to them about their silly little joke. Just remember one thing. There is something interesting about you that is catching their eye. You stand out to them in some way. So take it as a compliment...because it most certianly is.

Whatever the case, don't let it get the better of you. Be strong, you will in fact get through it. This is just a phase in your life and believe me there will be many more to come...some good and some bad.

Hey...why not write about it? Get it off your chest that way. You can write about this teenage vampire preying on two little 7th grade girls. At first they think he's funny and joke behind his back...but then he corners them in the back of the school grounds and feeds upon them...and suddenly they then fall madly in love with him chasing in the halls. WHich one will he be with? Will they become vampires too?

Just a thought.

11. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

That is an awesome idea!! I like that--I would say the same thing.

12. MiltonClemens

MiltonClemens New Member

What do you mean by that?

Thanks, I've been thinking about that, just don't have enough courage to do so.

Any other suggestions? :(

13. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

Once you do something the first time, it gets easier from there. Though as you mentioned, the hard part is gaining the courage to do it the first time.

14. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

Milton, everyone here has given you great words of wisdom, such as DownUnder's qoute here. Think about it! Just think if you do something about it, it will change the situation about your issues you've been having with these punk girls.

Everyone has problems in there life Milton, EVERYONE! There is not a soul on this Earth that doesn't have an issue in life. These girls that are bugging you have problems and issues of their own. Another subject all in itself, which you should not concern youself with.

My idea to you is, believe in yourself. Have the courage to to act upon the deal, (barring the fact that it should be sweet and innocent of quality) NOTHING MEAN HEARTED. Don't be mean...ok and go out to them..."What the Fuc..is your peoples problems" or anything like that.

Instead, give them a different kinda gesture. Like a wink, or a goofy wide grin and googly eyed thing. Or a big wave, like saying hi, I see ya sorta thing.

You give the impression it bothers you so deeply, and honey, it shouldn't should NOT. There are so many other beautiful things to focus on in life other then this.

Please do me the favor and just believe in youself. You sound like a good person and you don't deserve to be treated like this. No one deserves to be laughed at or looked at in a down way. So don't look at them in a down way either.

Act as you are having a grand ole time...(the secret of life) Pretend to have a good day in school everyday...and hey, maybe if you pretend to these girls...they themselves will think, hey? What's up with that? That was kinda different and make them wonder more.

You never know Milton...if you do something sweet, it might take them off their guard and you might even become friends with these girls...who knows.

In any case...keep your chin up...be STRONG...have courage my Mighty Milton friend. You are certainly not alone in your struggles.

Take care sweetie pie.

My only suggestion and last suggestion again, is to write about it. Believe me, it sounds interesting enough.................someone will wanna read it........a cool kick butt story about perhaps this particular situation......hey I would even go as far as slipping the story to them in a note.

Just say, "hey...wanna read a story of mine?"

and that's how it will all begin...

Peace Out. Take care and God Bless.

Lisa