The Celtic Gods

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by gibble410, Aug 24, 2016.

1. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Ben's charge towards the enemy god was blocked as a giant leg descended. Gore and body parts piled and shifted as the enormous monster attacked him. Ben swung at the hand as it reached, ducked and stabbed as foot swiped at his chest. The monster bayed against the pain.

Ben hacked the back of the giant's knees, stumbling and falling to his face as the monster's fall shook the ground. With unholy rage and fear, scrambling across the mammoth back, Ben carved ruthlessly into the back of the creature.

2. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer saw, out of the corner of his eye, Gwydion taking a break from the battle. His heart pounded with fear when he realised he was the only one now fighting the goddess of death. A beam of light flew just over his shoulder. Realizing that this was his only chance to survive, he held on to the goddess' neck, tightening his grip, while at the same time looking for the stone o death. If he could only separate it from her, maybe they could survive.

Too late Faer had realised that he chose the wrong side.

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  3. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Screaming, Atepomarus blasted death bolts everywhere, and managed to land her elbow into Faers face. With tattered robes, she summoned a spectrum of color down to earth, and shimmered out of the plain of reality. All of the monsters were slain, and through a path in the forest, she saw a group of monks and preists coming to investigate. As the rainbow bolt shimmered, Gwydion went around and started to heal people. Cornering Caer and Corrin, she started talking. "Would you mind taking a small deteaur before meeting Me, Caber, and Faer in Ransfolk?' She asked curtly just before the beam cut off, and from within emerged a huge, Rabid Unicorn. With a elephant like roar, it raised its head to the sky and started charging towards them.

4. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

Tourmaline ran through the forest, zig-zagging through the trees, and following the beam of light that had suddenly appeared. She had been trying in vain for days now to decipher the meaning of her tailsman, it had kept dissapearing and reappearing, Tourmaline assumed it was just from a client practiced in the magical arts, and so she had wondered if following it might not be such a bad idea. If there was payment, it wasnt bad at all! But the light beam in front of her threw her into action.

Her amber earrings bounced around her ears friviously as she reached a clearing. Not slowing down, she gathered her energy and when the orange light was dancing around her fingers, she thrust it downwards, throwing her gracefully up in the air. Yelling with delight, she spotted the unicorn heading towards a group of people, and as she sped towards the ground she drew her club from who knows where and sliced its neck clean off. Resheathing her club in a scabbard on her back, she used her energy to surround the giant severed head and body, and after putting one foot in front of the other, she thrust both hands into the air, sending them far away.

Turning around, she faced the small group, and upon noticing Caer, she grabbed her club, and hucked it at the goddess. "FUCK YOU!" She screamed, pelting full force at her, ready to tear her throat out.

5. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

At least she's got away fine. Gwydion is foolish to think we would do any good by bringing the goddess of death to her knees.
    Ben was carving up one of the giants, the look in his face a bad one. "Ben, come to me," Caer called across the battlefield.
    Then the foolish goddess wanted to her and Corrin to go elsewhere. Why? Where? Caer was going to say "yes, but where? and Ben will be joining me too," when another human decided to join the fight and attack her.
    Caer ducked, the jewelled club sailing over her head. She stood there, not really attempting to move away.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan looked at the onrushing beast in amazement -"me and my big mouth" he thought "its a good thing I didnt mention psychotic griffins" leveling his sword - then a flash of red hair and the beast was down, and he was left standing looking amazed at the red haired beauty in front of him, who was for some reason attacking Caer

He contemplated intervening for a moment, then remembered his father saying long ago "when women fight son, let em , its safer"

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Lifeline likes this.
  7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer blinked twice at what just happened. First he managed to survive attacking a goddess, and even chased her away. Then a rabid unicorn appeared, only to be immediately cut down by a red haired lady, who did it with a club, no less. And finally the woman started attacking Caer. He shook his head and, deciding it was best not to join the squabble, turned to Gwydion.

"No disrespect, my goddess," he said. "Vut I believe I deserve an explanation as to what is happening. It seems like this quest we fight other gods as well as other fae, beings of this earth. What is happening and how do I know that your side is the one I should take?"

8. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Corrin blinked as the unicorn dropped, shrugging afterwards. He was a little too tired to care. "I know this might sound strange, but might I suggest we get off the beaten track and find somewhere to camp for the night?"He finished, picking up his shield and pulling his arrows from their spots in the carcasses of the creatures. "Chances are they're forming a second wave to attack again. And I'd rather not be around when that happens. Not to mention this detour that you mentioned." He added, before glancing around and whistling. Griff came up to his heels and gave a pleased bark.

9. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

Tourmaline glared harshly at Caer. "I had nightmares, every night, for 6 years." She hissed. "Any idea on how traumatized a child might be after that?" With a sigh, she summoned her club back to her and sheathed it, still glowering at Caer. Yawining, she looked at Gwydion who obviously seemed to be in charge. "Interestingly enough, I was planning to go on a quest with my friends before I got this. I thought it was a trap or something, but I suppose Im required to join, aren't I? What payment would I get?" She quead.

10. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan laughed sourly " shes a god" he told tourmaline "they don't pay in mortal coin , I know us sell swords generally like to get paid , but this one is for the fame"

"Still" he added " there's more troll carcasses scattered around, than i can possibly harvest myself, so if you want to take some ears for the bounty, feel free"

11. gibble410

Gwydion addressed the group, after they gathered around a fire Caber had made for them. He sat groggily, having to be awoken by the Life Stone wasnt a pleasent experiance. The smoke spiraled up, into the sky and through the hole Gwydion made in her shield dome. The priests and monks were still outside, casting spells and praying to gods for them to banish the spawn of Satan. Smirking, she carelessly started speaking. "I have decided to send Caer, Ben and Aidan on a short little detour. Aidan, you have Scrol, so use it to get back to us after you finish your little quest. As for the rest of you, you will come with me. I decided to change the groups, sorry," She said with a nod at Corrin. "We are going to clear the preists and monks after we rest for tomorrow, and then we go our sepperate ways. As for the detour, I will have to speak on that in the morning." After a quick yawn Gwydion glanced at Faer. "I told you this before, we are trying to retrive the Three Stones to free the gods, and without them our world is doomed. We are the only ones opresing them, and other gods and magical creatures have alligned. It is time to make your choice as well, Puca." Taking a deep breath, she flashed by through her mind the impressive entrance of Tourmaline. This was one who would get on her nerves. "Gold can certaintly be arranged, if thats what you want?" She said with a raised eyebrow. And with a wave of her hand, they were all adorned with gold and gems. Tourmaline glittered in a crown of rubies, and golden rings with intertwining webs and glints of tourmaline gleamed on her hands. Closed her palm, the appiration dissapeared.

12. big soft moose

"clear them ?" growled Adain "lets just kill them all and make a blood soaked totem of their heads, so their kin know their nailed god is powerless in these parts" he snorted "god ?, can't be much of a god to get himself crucified by a bunch of pussy romans"

He looked back at Gwydion "so this mission you want us to undertake, what is it you'll need me to do while these two are staring into each others eyes and doubtless playing hide the python ?"

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    gibble410 likes this.
  13. halisme

"I'll speak to the priest." He murmured, before lying down with Griff doing the same. "I've had enough time with their kind to know how to speak to them, not to mention speaking latin."

14. big soft moose

"oh here we go again" Aidan moaned "lets talk and be reasonable , I'm telling you that will lead to their vile faith taking over this whole land and people forgeting to worship the true gods like these three here"

"Oh and latin" he said standing and walking to the edge of the sheild " speaking latin is no big thing, and I know just how to speak to them, watch and learn" , with that he stuck his head out and screamed at the monks and preists "Es scortum obscenus vilis, potes meos suaviari clunes, fututus et mori in igni *" then ducked back inside grinning as a hail of sticks and stones bounced off the protective sheild "there" he sneered , "that should put them in just the right mood for your group hug session on the morrow"

(*you vile peverted whores, you can kiss my arse and F*** off and die in a fire)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  15. I.A. By the Barn

Caer blushed, "I'm a true god, am I?" she brushed back her short hair, and laughed as Aidan insulted the priests. He's getting more interesting by the second. Corrin, however, was off the books. There seemed to be little that could tempt him. Faer was easy, but enough of a challenge.
    "Lie down, Ben. You need to go to sleep," she ordered while curling her arms around his neck.

16. big soft moose

Aidan looked at Caer and winked "you're a truer god than their milksop heresy ... All I take from their tedious psalms is that forgiving your enemies gets you crucified , personally i'd rather die with a blade in each hand and song of fury in my heart"

17. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer did not speak on after Gwydion. Obviously the goddess didn't qant to reveal any more. He decided to keep his eyes and ears open, but stay with the group, for now.

He stood by the goddess' side, waiting for her to tell him what to do next.

18. gibble410

When dawn first broke through the trees, Gwydion saw that the priests were still outside. Sighing, she decided to talk to them after she sent Ben, Aidan and Caer on their quest. Gently waking them up, she led them to where three horses sat, waiting. Scrol was also there, making a map to where the trio needed to go. Gwydion gestured softley to the horses before talking.

"Rihanna sent these sometimes durring the night. They have food, and one magic item which I suggest to Ben using." Taking a small satchel from one of the horses and handing it to Ben, she explained. "Say whatever you need, tools, fire starting, weapons. And it will provide you with it. You just can not summon food. And as for where you will be going, Scrol has the map ready. You will follow the map until you reach the wizard Pietro. He will grant you safe passage back, and a summoning potion. We need it despreatly, so please try hard in passing his trials."

19. big soft moose

"trials" grunted aidan , still annoyed that he wasn't being turned loose to take red and noisy death to the assembled churchmen "can we not just put a blade to his wizzened chickard gizzard and say ' give us the potion or else' ?"

20. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer raised his eyebrows. Aidan was just proving the brash senseless warrior who was bound to get killed, sooner rather than later. Then again, he wasn't the one who attacked two gods in the same day, and pissed a third off. If someone was getting himself killed, it was Faer.

"Aidan," he said. "You are a good swordman. Probably the best I know. But you aren't magical, none of you human are. Don't fight something you don't know if you can help it."

gibble410 likes this.
  21. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

Tourmaline almost had a tantrum when she awoke the next morning. Priests were still outside, and she wanted to murder every one of them. Seeing Gwydion talk to Ben, Caer and Aidan also made her blood boil. Caer was a needless god, and Ben was just her plaything. And Aidan irked her to no end. Before she fell asleep that night, she muttered words to herself. "See Aidan? Latine loqui possum. Videte ne si mihi asinum et affectu quodam jacked morietur. In ipsa tragicum." And she then fell into a pleasent sleep. She decided to stay with these questers as they obviously needed her.

Creeping silently towards Corrin, the last person sleeping, she levitated about a gallon of water through the small smoke hole in the shield, from the river nearby. Dumping it all on Corrin, she quickly started up a fire and cooked some bacon from her pack. She gently sorted it for two peices of bacon for everyone, and put a little untraceable poision on top of Aidans. Inviting them to join her, she silently prayed to Gaulish, god of mercenarys and money.

22. big soft moose

"that smelt so good" the sizzling of cooking bacon awoke aidan, and he quickly accepted the beautiful girls offer of food .. this is more like it he thought, he wasn't good with women, his vow to agronna made him avoid them where ever possible, but this one, she could be the one that made him forget his promise, she had the looks to turn a mans blood to smoke

He had his mouth open to take a bite when a voice in his head said "No" he paused and sniffed the food, itsmelt and looked fine but the voice was insistent "NO NO NO" , he could sense that it was his guardian goddess so he lowered the bacon and then suddenly tossed it in the fire. "smells off" he said shortly.

He stood and put his hand on his sword, but confusion swirled in his head lustful thoughts combined with those of bloodshed. Turning away from the red headed girl he looked out through the shield " I see those prick sucking priests are still here" he growled , looking at Gwydion he added " are you absolutely sure you don't want me to send them across the bridge of swords ?"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  23. halisme

Griff leapt at Tourmaline, grabbing her by the leg of her clothing, growling and pulling. Corrin didn't seem to move, just give a simple whistle that caused the dog to move towards him, though the hound decided to take some cloth with it. "I've slept in the swamps of France and peat bogs in northern Scotland. You honestly think water is enough to bother me, whore." He stated without a hint of anger, instead sounding relaxed and peaceful. He still didn't move, seeming settled in place.

malachibenbaker likes this.
  24. I.A. By the Barn

"Ben will be riding with me, " announced Caer. "And Aidan, why not go and stab them a little. You don't have to listen to Gwydion." Her brain was fuzzy and her eyes were sore from another sleepless night. Ben had slept soundly, but she didn't know how long she could keep it up. Gwydion was still a fool, not realising or apologising for what she had done to the goddess of death.
    Caer just wanted to get out of the bitch's control, and if that meant going to a wizard, she would do it.

25. big soft moose

Aidan smiled at Caers words, it was true that he didn't need permission from anybody. As a sell sword he always swore to obey the orders of his paymaster, but so far no one had paid him anything.

Leaving the shield, he stepped purposefully towards the circle of monks who were still mumbling prayers entreating their pathetic nailed god to drive away the evil ones

He zeroed in on the brother abbot , his white cowl marking him out among those dressed in brown. "you look a rich and prosperous man father" he said "how about showing a little charity to a poor warrior ?"

The abbot shook his head vigorously stepping away and holding up his crucifix while chanting in latin.

"Fair enough" Aidan snarled "but does your holy book not say that he who shows no charity can expect none either ?" with that he whipped his newly sharpened blade round in a vicious forehand cut severing the abbots neck and sending his head arcing through the air in a shower of blood.

Aidan picked the gold crucifix up on his blade and tossed it to his left hand, then kicked the abbots head through the circle of stunned monks " I did him a favour" he growled "now you can call him a saint" He looked slowly around the circle , "you have 5 minutes to leave this place, before I make 'saints' of you all"

Returning to the shield , he tossed the crucifix to Caer "the offering I promised for saving my life at the church , goddess" he said "you may find it has many memories within"

"Now" he said easily mounting his horse "shall we go and find this wizard , before anyone decides to lecture me about the rights of man"