The Chaos Hour Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ore-Sama, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

yea if its quiet now while theres no RP's going its svrewed when all the big RP's coming up kick off. Well if it looks like its going to die lets try and get an epic showdown before the end ;) lol

2. Teele

Teele New Member

LOL! Well, mayhaps Ore-Sama will return and remove us from our desperate plight...

If this does fail, I'd like to try a spin-off of it some time along the road....

3. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

yeah, if so, def. a spin-off... and i'll wait for others to post before i start. haha

4. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

The 2 hours of my latest plot twist is enough for a good while at least. I'll post the "program activation" after a reasonable amount of time.

5. Teele

Teele New Member

Ummmm. So.....should we wing it as to the function of this program?

6. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

No, I'll post what the program does when a reasonable amount of progress has been made into the story. Until that time, don't worry about it.

7. Teele

Teele New Member

lol. Alrighty.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

As I posted in my own discussion thread, I really don't know when I will be posting.
    My mom is harpying on and on about my math and I'm not really behind.
    She won't let me have any fun or anything.
    Its crazy.
    I'll try to post today, but I have a really crammed schedule at the moment and this is the only time to jam in everything at once.
    This means I don't know if I will be allowed to have fun on the holidays.
    The point of holidays: To have vacation and a break of doing HW.
    My mom thinks holidays are: To do more math work and not have any holiday fun.

9. Mike Nemesis

It'll pay off ;) bare with it, you need to have some discipline put into you so when the time comes when your on your own you get the work you need to do done.

10. Teele

Teele New Member

Correct indeed!

Okay, I've had Ali call something of a truce; for lack of a better thing to do. :p

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

But I'm not behind in my math I am at objective wise in my math HW of 220 of 306.
    That isn't behind. Its a two semester thing.
    I never get to have a break, I never get the holidays off.
    They work and get the holidays off for doing fun things, but me nope.

And Chaos Hour wise:
    I am so confused right now.
    Everyone suddenly lumped themselves into one giant bubble scene and its like really confusing.

12. Mike Nemesis

Your look back and thank them sooner than you think believe me. Sure they have holidays but they do a lot of work for you to. Your miss the meals, taxi service and laundry when the time comes haha. I'm back home in 4 days woop woop exams over so i can relax and having family around will be like having my own personal servants compared to what I've got used to haha :p Sure Teele has some similiar experiences.

As for Chaos Hour yes we're all in one big group that doesn't seem to be doing much other than wondering what the hells going on with this plot device lol

13. Teele

Teele New Member

That's essentially the size of it! In both subjects. :D

Things are just a little too vague here for me to work with. Even if we had a more cohesive idea of what the environment looks like, I could improvise my way into something interesting. As it is, I really have no clue where I am or what exactly I'm supposed to be doing.

Though, I do like my character a lot. :) I'm thinking she'll be popping up somewhere else in the future.

14. Mike Nemesis

Yea the only cohesive idea I have in this RP is character descriptions and in this RP its actually meaningless because we can suddenly change how we look. I could turn to saying i know what my power is however I don't know how far it will be god modding when you use it and there aren't NPC enemies made by someone there are just players that have to opt for death.

15. Teele

Teele New Member

Pretty much. There probably should have been some boundaries put in place for changing of appearance; exactly how far the powers can go; the structure/layout/appearance of the Com, etc. An NPC enemy of some sort would have been nice. Nobody wants their character to get screwed over, and somebody's gonna have to take the first bullet.

Had I the liberty, I'd put these details together myself, but! Not my game.

16. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

mike... uh...
    no taxi service for me - was never allowed to go anywhere but school anyway.
    i cook over half the meals (sometimes my dad will cook. once in a blue moon my bro will.)
    and I'M the servant! ('fix me a coke, find the remote' - i dont mind doing chores... when i'm in my own home, i'm waaaay cleaner than my family's. it's just my mom's attitude about doing it right that second, stop doing that 'unimportant writing' you're doing, as though life depended on the dishes being cleaned within the minute.)

... i can't believe i had more freedoms in china...

yeah, i'm much too old for it, but back in the country (where i have no apartment, and too little income to afford one of my own right now - it was either grad school or apartment) for a little while i work on my new career, and i'm going crazy again. i can only take my mom in small doses.

so, leaka, don't worry, high school does not have to be the best years of your life! :) some of us really really really hated it too. :) just know that... but it's needed for you to move on to bigger and better things. it only really matters if it doesn't get done.

about the game... uh... i'm so glad it's not my fault everyone is so confused now~! :)

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

So um, what do I post???
    Still very confused on what to write.

18. Teele

Teele New Member

lol. It would seem you're not alone in that department, mate.

19. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

Whatever you want! Right now you're just locked in the Chaos Hour waiting for the time to run out. You have no restrictions!

20. Teele

Teele New Member

But, perhaps that's the point. We're not entirely sure what the environment looks like; how some of the mechanics work; how exactly we should be interacting with one another, since most of it seems to involve taking out other PCs...I need at least a bit of guidance before I can introduce any situations that'd be fun or engaging.

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Same here.

22. Mike Nemesis

I'm willing to forfeit my life if it will get the RP moving a bit i have third earth, the continent and with any luck outlaws to keep me going.

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I think what would have made this a bit easier is if we had some more information.
    I think if we were to have a 99.9% control over the RPG I think we should have had tons of information.
    And with these vague GM post I'm having trouble.
    I'm willing to risk my life as well.

24. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

I don't know what else I can do. The game was sprung on me a month and a half before it was supposed to, and I would've started developing a map and such today had it not come on me so soon. It came at the worst time when I was the most busy, don't know what else I can do. Sorry to all the players who signed up, but point blank, I wasn't ready for an early release.

25. Teele

Teele New Member

S'okay, mate. If you like, we can close it down for now, and you can try it again later, when you have the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.