The Come and Go Room.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Crazy Ivan, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

So I'm going to Istanbul tomorrow - I'll be around for the next 8 hours or so then I'm off - don't know if I'm taking the laptop yet or if the hotel has Wifi - whatever my input will be lessened significantly. See you all on Wednesday 20th!

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Had a technician in today and they fixed the problem.

Goodluck Gannon, hope you enjoy yourself.

~Torana

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Have a safe and exciting trip (are those terms mutually exclusive? I hope not), and bring back lots of great stories.

4. Gannon

Thanks you pair, I'll see what I can muster - Just gotta knock out a short story entry for the competion this week before I leave or I'll miss the deadline - it's a shame I'm at work - covert creativity for this afternoon I think!

5. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Have fun.

6. Gannon

Why thank you, I shall.

7. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I will be back sunday-Going to the states to buy a boat. woot woot!
    (dont know if a 3 day break is worth writing in this thread, but I just wanted to be involved hahaaha)

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Well except for a few little posts today (like my entries for both the poetry and short story contest) I'm probably going to be gone for at least 2 and a half days probably 3, with intermittent posts for almost a week.
    Tomorrow at 8:15 (or 8:45 can't remember:redface:) I'm off for Vancouver by bus, which will take the 2 and a half days(crammed into a tiny seat the entire time :().
    Then I'll do a one day tour of Vancouver on Monday and sleeping in my last large bed for some time. Then on Tuesday its time to go to the airport and wait for someone to cancel their seat to China. So I'll probably have wireless access there. Unless I get lucky and get a ticket really early.
    Then I'll either be in Beijing, Shanghai, or Nanjing. That's right I don't know which city yet. But I want to visit all of them so it really doesn't matter.
    From that point I'll be on the net whenever I find a wireless connection or get to an internet cafe. Unless my hotel or hostel has internet access.

So hopefully I won't be away from my beloved internet for too long, but I have no idea.
    Cheers

Edit: Why are you going to the States to buy a boat Wordwizard? Have fun with that anyways.

9. Cogito

Bon voyage, Domoviye, in case you aren't able to return here before you go winging off to the other end of the globe.

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Bon voyage indeed. Though the whole coach thing sucks. I hate coaches.

11. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Thank you both.
    And Banzai I hate coach to. But for $135 it beats any other way of travel.

12. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Ah, I suppose. I have to take a coach to Bristol for the university open day but that's only going to be an hour and a half, so it shouldn't be too bad.

13. Torana

Goodluck Domoviye and do have fun. Seeya back here soon! :):)

14. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

yay I am back and I got a great boat. The reason why I went to the states to buy a boat(domo) is because it was like half the price compared to the boats in canada. I got a boat for about 16000 and can resell it(if I choose to) here for about......20-30000. so it's well worth the trip. Have fun travelling domo!

15. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I'm back. For a day or two anyways. I would have said hello sooner, but halfway through checking things out my connection died.
    I made it to Vancouver safely if a little drained. I've bought practically everything I need and I'm getting a 7am wake up call tomorrow, so I can catch a shuttle bus to the airport.
    So I'll be off again for who knows how long.
    And Word thats a very good reason to buy a boat. Congrats.
    And thanks to you and Torana, hopefully I won't be gone long. Two days without the internet was way too long.
    Cheers

16. Bick

Bick New Member

Oh wow, have fun in China =D

Yeah D= Getting an emergency flight set up to California. We got a call from my uncle who is hysterical, as my grandmother is finally on her death bed. How rude does that make me sound? D= She's just been sick (physically and mentally) on and off her entire life. It's been bad for the past two years and I was visiting her as much as I could, but now I really need to go out there.

I know for a fact that I will now lose those two summer school credits. That slightly upsets me, but seeing my grandmother before I lose her is much more important. I will be off in the next few days, it really just depends. My dad is a machanic(sp? rofl) for northwest so we get standby D= but getting to LAX isn't all that easy.

17. Cogito

Sorry to hear that, Bick. I know that a long illness can make you wish them a peaceful ending sometimes. And also know how much it means to have the chance to say goodbye.

Take care...

18. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

sorry to hear that Bick. You are very right about missing out on the school credits-bum deal, but very important to see your grandmother. Hope your flight gets you there swiftly.

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand the bit about not being sounding callous. After such a long time, its hard to stay as concerned as people think you should be.
    Best wishes

20. Bick

Bick New Member

Aw, thank you =D You're all sweet. Well, gonna finish packing. Might be able to get out early tomorrow morning.
    I will get on and update what's going on when I get to my cousins.

21. Gannon

Come and Go room - I let you know when I 'go' (went) do I now have to let you know that I have 'come' surely that can;t be right? Anyway I'm back and I missed you all. Had a great time though nevertheless. Looking forward to getting stuck back in, though as ever work will be getting in the way, though on the flipside it's very nice of them to let me float around your forum at work so I can't complain!

22. Torana

Bick my regards to you and your family, I know what you mean though. I have a family member with a terminal illness so find it easy to understand your situation.
    Take care of yourself and best wishes.

Gannon it is great to have you back :D

23. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I'm going to be away again for a while. I'm about to jump on a long plane ride. And I have no idea when I'll get back to the net.
    So hopefully the plane doesn't crash, or anything stupid like that.
    See ya.

24. Gannon

I hope it doesn't neither - hope you fare well on your travels and return safely.

25. Bick

Bick New Member

I'm at my grandmother's house after about 20 hours of traveling. Woke up at 4amish to pack. We left around 5:30 and got on the plane around 6:50. We then go to Detroit in which we missed the first two flights and had to wait til around 3 for the next one that we barely made. I had to deal with my dad there, since that's the one her works at. I normally don't mind but he was being naggy D= So we got to LA finally at 5:30... that sounds wierd right? Well since the time different it makes it seem like a short flight. It's about a 5 hours flight. So we ran around trying to find a way to another airline, as we had emergency passes. We got there after a lot of panic (I wish I had taken control of the situation in the first place. She was all panicking and pissing me off. I'd have done better if I was flying alone.) No one had heard of the emergency passes. My dad would blame this on new management... I blame it on nothing but our luck x) So we had to run to catch this tram that would take us on a 3 hour drive to Santa Maria? I think x) Then my uncle and cousin picked us up around 10:30

So yeah. got home around midnight, asleep by one.

My grandmother isn't looking great. All she does is sleep and she doesn't respond to us really. I think I'm going to read to her from her bible or something today.. maybe she might respond.

I wish we could take her to the hospitol, to see what's really wrong but her religion won't let it. :( She's a christian scientists I think and I they don't like doctors or something D=

So yeah. I'll be on and off for the next few days.