1. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

The common hello.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DivineLemon, Jul 24, 2007.

Hello all. Good (insert correct time here).

Well I have been writing for about a year now. I am working on a novel. More like planning a novel at this stage.

My writing seemed to blossom when I won an essay contest a little while back. It was an awakening moment for my love of writing.

I am eager to learn more about anything and everything that deals with the life of a writer!

Thank you for your time.

2. luke_mushu_2010

luke_mushu_2010 New Member

Welcome to the Forum! Hope ya like it here!;)

3. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Thank you Luke! It is grand to meet you.

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Congratulations on winning the essay comp, are there publication rights on it or can we see it? There is a non-fiction section if that was the material.

Anyway welcome to the site, and it sounds like you know what you're talking about merely with the mention of 'planning' which is an often overlooked aspect of writing.

If you have any questions please feel free to let us know. Mods come a sort or maroon / purple colour, our dedicated team of reviewers come in green. They can be approached once you have posted something.

See you around the site!

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy the company here, and that we can give you any help you're looking for. Please take a look around, and if you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to WF.org. I hope that you have a most wonderful time here with all of us.
    I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Tor

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello DivineLemon, welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't already, take some time to poke around the corners of the site, to see what we offer other than the obvious. We have weekly writing competitions as well as word games and other challenges, general discussions both related and unrelated to writing, and shared experiences about writing and publishing issues. As for the obvious, it may not be exactly what it seems. Our review room isn't so much a display case for exhibiting writing. It's a workshop for improving writing. Members learn to look at writing with a critical eye, which is invaluable to tightening up your own work. Then, when you have had some experience digging into other people's work, you may choose to offer up a sample of your own work to be dissected. But as valuable as the feedback is, the greatest benefit comes from learning to pick out mistakes and to find alternative approaches in a piece written by someone else.

I hope you find inspiration and good advice here, and some good friends as well. Most importantly, though, I hope you have fun.

8. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Well thank you all!

Gannon I am not sure if I even saved a copy of the essay. I should have but if I did I have no clue where to look for it. I need to get organized!

Cogito I do not think I will have a hard time feeling at home here. You all have already made me feel so welcome!

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I hope that you continue to feel welcome and enjoy your stay here. I look forward to seeing more of you around...

10. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Thank you Kit.

11. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to writing Forums. I certainly hope you stick around

~Raven.

12. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

hey there