1. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

Let's tell a story!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Flashfire07, Sep 11, 2011.

Hey all, I've been thinking that it would be nice to do a collaborative storytelling effort. Basically what happens is we write a section, between three and however many you feel up to lines long detailing a part of the story. The end result should be a coherent story written by as many people as possible. The rules are: No undoing anyone else's scene, like if someone had a character die you can't just write that it didn't happen. No overt sex, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules anyhow. No altering the whole story in a major way, this means no having the whole thing just be a dream, no having some other character show up and change a horror story into a romance or comedy for example, and also respect others efforts and try to keep the tone consistent. I'll get us started.

The smell of copper filtered it's way through the stale air of the hallway. Dark stains on the walls lead to large lumpy shapes strewn around the dimly lit room. I slowly edged my way forward, handgun raised , eyes trained down the sights. I heard a thud from the hallway, cautiously I padded over the sticky carpet, my pulse raging through my veins, my caveman instincts yelling at me to run even as I tightened my grip on the gun and checked the room beside the hall, more stains, more shapes,my eyes were beginning to adjust. I heard a strange wet scraping noise and turned to the doorway.

2. Anonym

Anonym New Member

I heard a strange wet scraping noise and turned to the doorway, just in time to see a dark shape disappear into the hallway out of the corner of my eye, just barely. I froze in place, listening for the slightest sound.

Silence.

It was freezing, my hands nearly numb with cold, but whether it was the air or the onslaught of the adrenaline sapping the life from my skin, I couldn't tell. Nauseating fear boiling within me, I pressed toward the hallway. Every plodding step forward was a fight against the blocks of ice that may as well have encased my legs. Pistol trained, I rounded the corner into the hallway.

Nothing, other than the amorphous dull shape of a legless piano.

The light of a passing car shined through the cracks of the boarded windows, casting splintered illumination down the hallway. For a second I could see it. A trail of dark crimson led from where I stood - where I saw it - to the black void of a doorway at the end of the hall, the only place for anything to go. Goosebumps rippled across my body. It couldn't be...

I dabbed a fingertip on the carpet, and could smell the iron before I even brought it to my nose.

Blood.

It was thick. Obviously coagulated. But how could it be... warm?