1. LunaRose

LunaRose New Member

The Crimson Files

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by LunaRose, Jan 9, 2016.

Hi, everyone.
    In this thread I will be posting updates, goals, research and excerpts of my potential novel titled Suicide Cheerleaders.

As of now, I have just started outlining the chapters and the fleshing out the plot. Some of my goals include:
    • Writing a chapter a month. I know it seems too little, but I prefer setting low expectations in hopes that I may outdo myself.
    • Dedicating my time to formally learning how to write effectively. I'm not the most avid reader due to my lacking attention span. Also, English isn't my first language. But it wasn't Nabokov's either.
    • Conducting research applicable to the plot of my novel.
    • More than that, I need to hone my Art skills in order to visually represent my characters and design the cover of my potential novel. It's also an amazing tactic to gather interest and capture potential readers.
    Here's a... thing I did for my novel's blog. The girl depicted is Angie. It's been some time this was made, so bear with me. I like to think that my digital art's gradually getting better. I guess it's my first visual of the Crimson Lake High School massacre.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. LunaRose

LunaRose New Member

Quick sketch of Ethan I did yesterday in Vector class. It intentionally sucks because it adds to the grime factor of the plot and... Just kidding, I'm really slacking. I have a very long way to go.

[​IMG]

Also, Dustin.

[​IMG]

3. LunaRose

LunaRose New Member

January goals
    Focus:
    Specifics of the setting and fictional town (Crimson Lake in Washington); Main character development; Physical aspects of Crimson Lake High School
    Research: Geography and demographics of King County
    Chapter: The Wild, Wild West