Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeloboy_97

skeloboy_97 New Member

Worst Author

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by skeloboy_97, Aug 16, 2011.

Hi,

Not bagging out any author, but who do you think is the worst published author.

2. Chivalrous Tart

Chivalrous Tart New Member

I only read one book, so I can't say I know a lot about the rest of his writing. Clive Cussler's writing style seemed amateurish for the amount of books he's got in print.

3. lemurkat

lemurkat New Member

Most of them aren't even written by him. I've had one customer say that one of this other authors (I forget which one) was the only ones they'd read. i've never read any myself, but as I work in a bookstore and seem to forever be overstocked in whatever his latest novel is, I have an unreasonable dislike of him.

Dean Koontz has really slipped, but at least he still writes his own books.

Piers Anthony has also really slipped, I put it down to old age. His latest Xanth novels are painful.

4. Thog

Thog New Member

Tom Clancy

Red October was average.

Red Storm Rising was dull. Nothing but expensive sounding weapons specifications blowing up other expensive sounding weapons specifications.

After that his books became increasingly bloated wish fulfilment fantasies. Clear and present author avatar Jack “Gary Stu” Ryan keeps getting promoted to increasingly higher positions in the US government and eventually becomes president. In between espousing Clancy’s political views he goes on to defeat just about every threat to the US, real and imagined, in increasingly anticlimactic military smackdowns.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sorry, but a thread for the sole purpose of bad-mouthing authors is going too far into hyenaville.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.