1. urban_rae

urban_rae Senior Member

The Double Post Game

Discussion in 'Writing Prompts' started by urban_rae, Nov 16, 2011.

This might sound weird, but I wait for double posts now because I’ve started this little game with myself. I’m having so much fun, I though I would share.

How to play:
    Every time you get a double post, add a musing about the origins of a DP in the post you delete. The purpose of the game is to always come up with something different. Here are some that I posted…

-Maybe a double post is a message from a parallel universe.
    -Is a double post a ‘glitch in the matrix?’
    -Maybe a double post is a cosmic echo.

Put your musing here so we can read it. Try not to duplicate anyone else’s either.

(P.S. I love this forum. This game, in no way, is a reflection of disappointment, more like poking fun at someone you have a crush on :) )

2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

hi urban what do you mean by double post?

3. urban_rae

urban_rae Senior Member

A double post is when you post something in a thread, and through some hiccup in the network, it gets posted twice, one on top of the other, in the thread. It is usually a good idea to go back and delete one of these posts through the edit button. It just looks better if you take it out.

I used to get a lot more double posts than I do now, which is good. But now that I've made up the game, I don't mind seeing them, it gives me a chance to be creative.

I wasn't sure if anyone would get my idea, I have a weird sense of humor and find enjoyment in things that many do not!

4. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Oh Isee..the onlything is you can't take it out or delete I don't think..

5. urban_rae

urban_rae Senior Member

Ahh... you can use the edit button to delete the text in the post. You have to have a minimum number of words in your post, so usually people will replace the deleted text with a message stating that it was a double post. The second post will still be there, but with a new message.

So I say, instead of your message being something boring like, 'deleted, double post'

say something like, 'Maybe a double post is the threads version of deja vu'

I'm weird..

6. urban_rae

urban_rae Senior Member

Ahh... you can use the edit button to delete the text in the post. You have to have a minimum number of words in your post, so usually people will replace the deleted text with a message stating that it was a double post. The second post will still be there, but with a new message.

So I say, instead of your message being something boring like, 'deleted, double post'

say something like, 'Maybe a double post is the threads version of deja vu'

I'm weird..

7. urban_rae

urban_rae Senior Member

LOL!!!! I'm not deleting that double post for obvious reasons!!!