The Dragons of Hakon: Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jul 24, 2013.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

A lot of people and dragons showed one by one, yet Karen was already used to people, so she didn't get nervous. Still the situation was a bit confusing for her.

The girl walked toward the giant dragon... "Are you another Dragon?... but you are larger... Karen doesn't get what is an Erde welt....." asked with curiosity, but the face of concern that many had instinctively told the girl that something was wrong.

"It doesn't matter. If something happen then Iaga,Karen has just to fix it!!" exclaimed the girl trying to calm the people

JessWrite likes this.
  2. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Draven

Draven's tidal wave had been extinguished by the casual gesture of a dwarve's magic sword. She froze and stared at the weapon's glowing blade. Hwo did that short man accomplish such a feat? Could it be that there were others who could do things like her, magical things? Intrigued, Draven glided over the surface of the water, sea foam broiling in her wake. Now that she payed attention, some of the land beings looked quite different from the ones she was used to seeing. Such as the big one that was covered in metal scales trying to dig itself out of the sand, and failing miserably. There were several other scale-y beasts and humanoids of various shapes and sizes and appearances. It was a feast for the eyes.

"W...what is going on here, exactly?", Draven asked herself, the Ocean, or maybe just the air. Even though she was curious, the Sea Witch did not let down her guard, keeping her tritan held up and her seaweed strips at ready. "I said, WHAT IS GOING ON?!", she repeated, attempting to shout over the hubbub. Her hoarse voice grated and shrieked even worse than before.

3. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Erde Welt and Karen..Iaga..What?

After Camdin once again showed of Segnung, the large rock lizard looked at the young woman who was speaking to him. He was not the least confused, by her and automatically understood her condition, as if looking directly looking into her. Having seeing many things, Erde Welt had seen cases like this, yet not to this extent. She was heavily mentally ill, yet she showed some understanding.

At her question, Erde turned his large gold and black eyes onto the human girl. He admired her radiant hair and amazing features, she was the perfect image of a healthy, in body, human female. He spoke aloud, his voice booming, large, deep and loud. As his mouth opened his many layers of sharp teeth were revealed at resembled that of a shark's mouth.

As the large dragon spoke, his mouth was out of pace with the words spoken. Suddenly, the water began to rumble slightly at the sound of his words. His voice made him seem wise, yet not old, not young either. It made him feel more of a presence than a person, similar to Iaga.

"Yes, I am Erde Welt. I am a Earth Dragon. I am a dragon as these others, yet I am much larger and am inhabited with a large amount of forestation. My master and I have traveled a long amount of land and for a long period of time. In doing this we have been making money, and developing a purpose for ourselves. In this we have become a sort of protector of the good. And we have now sensed a strange aura among this land mass." he paused remembering the condition of the girl. "Let me rephrase. I Erde Welt am a large Earth Dragon, so yes. I am a Dragon."

After Erde Welt had finished explaining to the girl. Camdin, the dwarven fighter of evil turned to face Draven. He did not seem affected by her appearance. "We all have been gathered here by a random sequence of events, and I hope to find the evil that is causing that." he exclaimed pointing towards the sky. "Everyone on this island and even possibly underwater is in danger." he explained, noticing her mermaid decent.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Party!!!

"Things have gotten to confusing." Blaine said simply as he sat down on the ground and turned his head over to Karen to make sure she was safe. He wasn't one to take his students for granted.

"So many of my brothers here." He muttered to himself. "Shall we have PARTY TIME!" His inhuman voice rang out as he let himself fall backwards.

He was overcome by the sheer number of people. He was unable to say anything that sounded remotely coherent.

"When people party it spreads happiness. So therefore I think we should have a feast!" He went on. "Besides I could use drink after all of this!" He said spreading his arm out. Blaine was finally overwhelmed.

5. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Meanwhile, on the calmer side of things

With every passing moment, it became painfully clear to Jon Grayward where he should be. He was standing in the middle of the pack of crazies when he should be with the one sane person left in the world. He was frozen in place for a while, paralyzed by confusion, but once his senses returned --it happened somewhere between the mermaid’s arrival, the dwarf cutting a tidal wave in two, and an island talking to them-- he packed up his sword and went for a walk.

The knight moved to where the scarf-wearing human was healing the injured man… which he now realized wasn’t entirely ‘man.’ It seemed to be some kind of mutated creature, possibly a demon. The chains made him wonder, but the knight fought back the desire to judge this being. Whatever it was, it was in pain and the girl was trying to help. And he wanted to help her.

“Stay calm. I’m with you,” he said to her as she worked her magic on the creature. He kept his voice soft and reassuring. “And don’t worry about them,” he nodded toward the crazies, “I think if we just keep our voices down and don’t make any sudden movements, they’ll forget we’re here.”

“It seems to be working for me,” Nyaladcthulxoteph said. Jon glanced up and saw she was building a sandcastle. Quietly, of course. The dragon lifted one long claw to her scaly lips, smiled and said, “Shhhhhh.” He hoped that's as far as her physical speech capabilities went; it was bad enough having her telepathic voice in his head. He would hate to hear what her actual voice sounded like.

"Right, you’re sooooo stealthy. I’m sure no one will notice you there,” Jon thought sarcastically and then returned his attention to the healer. “My name’s Jon, by the way. Jon Grayward. And that’s…” he nodded toward Nya, but decided it’d be better to not be associated with her, “that’s… ummm… not my problem anymore.”

He smiled.

”Oh, so that’s how it is?” Nya said as she sculpted more sand. “Well, guess who’s not invited to my castle-warming party…”

6. lixAxil

"Oh!!! teach me, wanna do that too!!" exclaimed excited Karen seemingly forgotten her attack against Amara.
    A sandcastle was enough to distract someone like her and now she was close to the woman expecting her to "play with her".

For someone like her, this event was just an entertainment created by Iaga for her.

Unknown to her she was being observed.
    Even that with the event of several dragons and freak people, only Karen was the target of the eyes of someone.

JessWrite likes this.
  7. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

If Bins wanted to piss himself in fear, the chance had come about sixteen times already. So far he had made his share of unmanly squeaks, shameful squeals and horrified gasps, but that was the extent of it. Sure, his pants were wet, but really, he was wet everywhere. Islands tended to be surrounded by water. Water was wet. Bins didn't have a boat. He was now on an island. It was really self explanatory. And wet.

"I wanted to see the sea witch because she's magic, which is important," Bins said to himself, "and because she's not a dragon, which is more important." Bins gripped an arrow in his palm. He didn't have a bow, but an arrow was still a weapon and it was comforting to hold. Knowing he was well hidden behind a wall of crumbling rocks was much more comforting still. The dragons couldn't see him."So are all these people visiting the sea witch? Is she popular? Are these her friends?" He examined each one carefully in turn.

Bins realized most people didn't launch tidal waves at each other to say hello, but He had traveled extensively and realized cultural differences varied significantly, especially among the way-too-powerful. The dwarf the sea witch had launched the wave at was also remarkably unhurt, which was good. He needed to talk with a dwarf, who were notoriously rare and secretive. A hurt dwarf was less likely to answer a stranger's questions.

Bins noticed that the dragons were also remarkably unhurt, which was significantly less okay in his books.

"Go away, giant lizards," Bins thought hopefully in their direction. "Go away slithery scaly things." He realized if he wanted to go down there and talk to the dwarf and sea witch, he would need overcome his fear and march proudly forward. Bins got up off his knees, gripping his arrow tightly.

One of the dragon's tails slithered across the ground, snake-like and strong.

Bins shuddered. No. Waiting was good. Waiting was fine. Patience was a virtue, after all.

8. Kingtype

An Introduction To Mr.Blaine

Blaine's eyes wandered over to the sandcastle and then towards the sky taking in everything around him. The warmth of the air.

His stomach rumbled suddenly. Was it gas? Probably but he'd decided to play it off as some sort of epiphany. Everyone else seemed to have something to do. So he might as well play into his talents. "The stars have brought us together!" He shouted as he kicked up off the ground shaking anything close by him.

Blaine continued pointing at the sky. "As you can see the stars have destiny written in them.......and I also think I see a touch of death up their as well."

He finally dropped his hand back to his side and addressed everyone in a more formal manner. Blaine felt no fear towards his brothers and sisters. Nor did he feel any towards the elf and dwarf. Instead he was finding things more amusing by the minute. This would make a perfect class! "So allow me to introduce myself to you odd people. I am Blaine and as Miss Karen says I am not people or clothes!" He exclaimed with a bow.

"I am however a wandering teacher. Many people have learned from my lessons and Miss Karen here is my newest student." He said pointing at the bizzare young woman. "Nice to meet you!"

9. TheLeonard112

Camdin and The Wise Teacher Of All

Erde Welt did not seem surprised at the short attention span of Karen. Yet, the rock monster found the girl quite amusing. Camdin looked at the dragon, with a winded expression. He seemed a little displeased at their ignorance toward the subject of what was going on. Also, he was also disappointed that Jon had left with his Earth Dragon. "Could that have been the goddess?" Camdin asked himself. Erde Welt raised his paw up, exposing his sharp claw. The water trickled down the large hand, one of the claws retched out for Camdin. The dwarf walked onto the claw and was raised onto Erde Welt's head. The dwarf looked down at Blaine after he spoke. "I would love to party, also I would love to learn from you and hang out with your apprentice. Yet, this is the one time I would pass. We need to at least prepare before whatever is coming comes." he stated, looking down onto the beach.

10. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

Bins couldn't stand it. He needed to be brave! Brave! The dwarf was looking down the beach in the direction of his rock. This was his chance. If he could signal the dwarf over, maybe he would come over alone.

He poked his hand out from behind the rock and waved.

He thought the dwarf might have seen. Maybe. Hopefully. Bins wasn't sure he was up to trying again. He had used up 98% of his courage already today, and the remaining 2% would be needed to ingest what passed for food back at the port.

11. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

Double post.

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

The stranger jumped when a woman with a scarf over her face suddenly appeared in front of him, but before he could try teleporting away again she laid a hand on his chest.

To her, she would feel a sudden surge in her power, and his wounds healed over into three neat scars within several moments. The man blinked and looked down at himself, seemingly confused, before looking up at her again. "D-danks..." Thanks.

Then chaos broke out, and his eyes focused on Amara just as she fired the arrow. It arced towards the masked woman's dragon before Amara was tackled, and his body faded out before he re-appeared in front of Luna. The chains clattered to the sand where he had previously been, and he snatched the arrow out of the air with ease, revealing his burned and blackened arm. Only, after the healing, it was no longer burned. For instead of a human hand, he had the talons of a dragon. Black scales glittered coldly in what little light there still was as the clouds began to swirl above the island.

The man glanced to where the boat was, but the sailor and his child had long since fled after the other dragons had appeared. Good, at least they might be safe at home by now.

Turning to face everyone, the mask still covering his face, the stranger let loose a low, rumbling growl that had the very heavens shaking. "Bach net Sol en Creator! Silense!" Clapping his hands over his temples, the man flinched and flung his clawed hand away from him, looking aghast at the sharp talons as a thin trickle of blood made its way don his palm. He'd cut himself. Growling again, he whirled around to face the others, seeming a tad overwhelmed by their numbers. "Din't tan numes.... meen-a-morre..." he took a moment to count everyone, then vanished for a moment before re-appearing with Bins dangling in his grip by the back of his shirt. The stranger looked at the humanoid curiously, then dropped him onto the sand.

Coughing a few times to clear his throat, he looked up at the sky. "Apparently... well, there are more than I first thought." His speech still had an accent, but he appeared to have figured out their language within several minutes. "Also, thank you for healing me. But no one can rid me of this mask and thousand-times acursed claw." He said, turning to bow to the woman who had healed him. "And as for the rest so you may know what to call me, I am Drake. Now, could someone please explain to me where i have... uh... landed?"

13. TheLeonard112

Camdin

As Camdin noticed Drake began to teleport around he was amazed, his eyes grew wide. "Awesome!" the dwarf exclaimed, keeping his eyes on the quick moving man. He seemed to be strange. Suddenly he teleported behind a rock where he held another man. He was short, almost the size of Camdin. The green eyed dwarf looked at the man. "Who's that?" he asked aloud pointing at Bins. He once again as not surprised by the figure's appalling features.

Suddenly Camdin's ears rung at the sound of the question of Drake, the teleporting man. "This is BrillWater, or at least this area is. I am ignorant of the island name." he said hoping someone would shed light.

14. Kingtype

And as for the rest so you may know what to call me, I am Drake. Now, could someone please explain to me where i have... uh... landed?"

"Well pretty man you landed on the ground." Blaine replied to Drake's question.

Blaine's attention turned towards Bins. What......strange looking little thing. "That's some magic you got there. You can summon terrified little men and teleport."

Blaine carefully made his way up to Drake. "Fate has brought us all to you I suppose." Blaine leaned in close to whisper. "So what are you exactly." He mad no attempt to hid the curiosity in his voice. Was there another like himself?

15. AnonyMouse

Making friends

"Oh!!! teach me, wanna do that too!!" the girl said.

Nyaladcthulxoteph flinched. The girl had arrived so suddenly, she hadn’t even seen her approach. So, this was ‘Karen,’ the one she’d seen in the prison; the one who’d attacked the archer; the one Jon was afraid of, though he would never admit it? This was Nya’s first time seeing the girl up close and her first time seeing her through her own eyes, rather than the knight’s.

Karen seemed… relatively harmless.

The earth dragon lifted a palm to its mouth and coughed, emitting a rusty, wheezing sound and a cloud of dust. She hadn’t actually used her vocal chords in nearly a century. Living deep underground, tunneling through the earth, could take its toll on one’s lungs. She coughed a few more times to clear her throat, then smiled at the girl and spoke.

“Helgherguh…” she coughed again, twice as hard this time. “Ahem, erhemmm…. Excuse me,” she said, still sounding like she’d swallowed an entire blacksmith’s shop. “Oh, dear, is that what I sound like?” she said, with a hand over her heart.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw the man-creature spring up and begin addressing the others, but Nya paid him no mind, for now. She’d find time to ask of his whereabouts later and figure out his connection to the coming darkness. Instead, she focused on her new friend:

The large earth dragon lowered her voice to a raspy whisper as she leaned in closer to Karen. “Hi, there. You must be Karen,” she said with a toothy smile. The reeds and vines growing from between her metal plates hung like hair. “I am Nyaladcthulxoteph, an earth dragon. But you may call me Nyala.”

16. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Koya and the Wanna-be-Prince-Charming (aka Jon)

The moment Koya's fingers touched the strange man's chest she felt a surge in her magical power. The wounds began healing more rapidly then she had seen.

“Stay calm. I’m with you,” Some man said behind her.

What sort of pickup line was that? She wondered to herself.

“My name’s Jon, by the way. Jon Grayward. And that’s…” he nodded toward Nya, but decided it’d be better to not be associated with her, “that’s… ummm… not my problem anymore.”

Koya rolled her eyes as Jon introduced himself. "See, Luna. This is what happens when one jumps in to save someone. People talk to you. Or hit on you."

"Tsk, tsk, Koya. Honestly, would it hurt to talk to someone for just a few minutes. And a cute someone at that."

Luna gave a disgusting cat-growl and Koya turned her head just enough so that her eyes could glimpse the man talking to her. He was cute. He was tall with handsome features and long blonde hair. But he was probably just like the others. Only caring about beauty, having horrible secrets that were never revealed until it was to late. The moment he saw her scars he would run away...as all the others had.

Koya simply nodded then returned her attention back to the healing. The wounds were quite terrible and yet it was taking only a few minutes for them to heal. The last wound closed up and she lifted her hand revealing 3 scars. He muttered a word that sounded like thanks before teleporting away. The sudden surge in energy she had received, left as quickly as it had come. Koya staggered, suddenly tired and slightly light-headed.

"I've got you," Jon said and steadied her. He felt a brief flicker of anger that the man-creature -- demon?-- had vanished so quickly, barely bothering to thank her. But the young woman was his biggest concern. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking into her eyes.

Koya's eyes flickered first with gratefulness, then embarrassment, then finally annoyance. She shrugged herself out of his supporting grip and nodded briefly in thanks.

"Oh come on!" Luna reprimanded. "The least you can do is the give the young man a thankyou."

"I'm well. Thankyou." She said to Jon, not wanting a further lecture from her dragon. Then, not wanting any further attention from the wanna-be-prince-charming, she began pushing her way through the crowd and back to her dragon.

"Ummm... okay," the knight said, puzzled by her behavior. But he didn't pursue her. This would almost certainly not be the last time he saw her.

17. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"This is BrillWater, or at least this area is. I am ignorant of the island name."

Drake nodded, but the words of another brought his attention to a strange, bandaged man that was much taller than himself.

"Well pretty man you landed on the ground." Drake tried to hide the startled look that came to his face, but the mask did not hide the fact that his ears had turned a little red. "Fate has brought us all to you I suppose." Blaine leaned in close to whisper. "So what are you exactly?"

"Uh..." Drake swallowed, backing up a pace. The black dragon claw at his side turned to a fist, and he examined with with a strange mixture of both abhorrence and... longing? Behind the mask, his fool's gold eyes narrowed. "Not what I should be." he replied cryptically. "Anyways, what-"

The ground trembled beneath their feet, and suddenly the sand exploded up around everyone. Strange creatures emerged, their dark skin rippling and tonged feet clicking menacingly as the clouds darkened all the more, and blood rained freely from the sky.

http://keitsumah.deviantart.com/art/Dappled-Insectizeal-390181397

They were recognizable as Insectizeals, but they had somehow been corrupted by the dark power running through the sky and earth. Clicking and hissing, they charged for the dragons, Drake, and Blaine. Red eyes gleamed, and with each drop of the blood-rain they seemed to grow in size. From three feet to four, from four feet to five.

Rotting flesh spewed out from their fang-filled mouths, and their intent was one thing:

Devour.

18. TheLeonard112

Camdin And The Monsters

Camdin revealed his sword and jumped off of Erde Welt's head. He pointed his sword toward one of the beasts and looked toward his fellow people of the beach. "I attempted to tell you. I can feel the dark energy flowing off of these things. Yet, these are not a great evil force such as the one I have been sensing, but seem to be a spawn of such a being." As they began to grow, Camdin was surprised. "I've never fought anything like this before." he said raising his sword. The horrible look of the corrupted beasts made him cringe as he took their appearance in deeply as they resembled something that deeply disturbed him to his core.

Though they did not bother to attempt to attack him. One went right past Camdin and towards Erde Welt. Camdin gave Erde a smile as he sat his light brown pants down in the sands of the beach and watched what his friend's reaction would be towards the attack. As the beast charged, the large Earth Dragon opened his mouth and a purple gas escaped his lungs.

Though, once one of the creatures had approached Camdin. He looked at it holding his sword out towards it. Yet his eyes met that of an insectizeal, he froze. As the creature began to move back and forth toward him, it turned into a dark shadowy figure. It was in an animal like shape, but once it began to run towards him, he could make out the figure. It looked like an all black wolf with red eyes and flesh hanging from its mouth. Yet the flesh was still blood drenched, and Camdin swore he saw a humanoid eye in the mouth of the beast as it howled at him.

Camdin's sword began to dim down as he looked at the creature that had now pounced at him, allowing his own hallucinations to become a large threat.

19. Kingtype

Dakka! Dakka!

"DAKKA! DAKKA!" Blaine shouted as ducked the first that came towards him. The creature didn't seem to slow down as it went straight for the next piece of dragon flesh it saw.

Blaine started peddling backwards as more came and as he did his hand drifted to his saber which was still stuck in the ground. He jerked it out of the soil and put himself beside Karen. As he always made sure to protect the youngest first and he assumed Karen was such.

As the next Insectizal to the right of him but instead of using his blade Blaine lifted his long leg and sent a kick to its head with plenty of inhuman force behind it. "I really hate violence!" He shouted.

CHOMP!

Just as Blaine had sent the kick upward at his foe and sent it packing a good distance. Another Insectizeal had snapped their jaws around his........um......his buttocks. He felt the teeth sink with a sting and warm blood beginning to run. His expression was of course unreadable as the pain started to set in. "Hmmmm." He hummed out as the creature stayed latched on to his rear end.

"It would be rude to shout in front of my students." He he choked out in a broken voice.

20. AnonyMouse

Blood knight

Jon felt a pounding in his chest as he watched the young woman go back to her dragon. He hadn’t even gotten her name, but all he could do is wonder what she thought of him. Did her dragon communicate telepathically as well? He wondered if her companion was as snarky and obnoxious as Nya, or if it thought more highly of him than its master did.

Impossible. No one was as snarky and obnoxious as Nya.

Just as the knight composed himself and tried to focus on more important things, the sky opened up and it began to rain. “Great,” he muttered, wondering if this was a sign. His steel helmet had been buckled at his hip and he unclipped it to put it on his head.

And that’s when he noticed it was stained red. The knight stared in astonishment. The helmet, his hands, and every inch of his armor was dripping with blood. It was raining blood. He quickly snapped the helmet into place on his head and drew his sword, just as the creatures began to emerge from the ground.

He backed away, giving himself more room to freely swing his two-handed sword. But Jon quickly realized the creatures were darting right past him. Within seconds it became clear the dragons were their intended target.

“Get airborne!” he called out toward the healer and her wind dragon. The elf and her winged beast were in the same area as well. Could they fly in the blood rain? He had no idea, but it seemed safer than down here.

The knight quickly reached Nyaladcthulxoteph. She was a sitting duck. Karen and the one who’d called himself Blaine were already there. A creature had latched itself onto the mummy. Jon slashed it off. It took two swipes to cut its thick hide and it was still squirming when it hit the ground.

21. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Zebulon and Luna

Amidst all the commotion Zebulon slowly approached the magnificent air dragon opposite to him. His cat-like eyes dilated as he fixed his gaze upon the other air dragon. Then, like a small cat, he lunged forward and began to circle the dragon, sniffing at her back. Shaking with excitement, he reached out mentally and tried to speak to the other air dragon. "My name is Zebulon," he stated proudly.

"One moment youngling. I'm talking to someone." Luna replied before turning her attention back to the conversation she was having with Koya. Finally she turned her light blue head and rested her eyes on the young dragon talking to her. "Ah, you're the one who made that interesting squeal earlier. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll learn to roar properly soon." She said telepathically, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

Zebulon arched his neck in surprise, squeal? His tail flung from one side to the other, flattening the ground wherever it landed. "I roared," he said, more to himself than to the dragon in front of him. Zebulon returned her mischievous look with one of curiosity, "What's your name?" he inquired.

"Luna, goddess of the moon. And you?"

Goddess? Even he wasn't that proud to refer to himself as a deity. Still, she did have the looks of a godess, in Zebulon's eyes, then again, he had only seen one other air dragon in his life. "My name is Zebulon," he replied as he inclined his head slightly. "Tell me, are all two-legged one's as strange as these? Or are our riders the exceptions?"

"Not a word about the goddess comment, huh? Either you are a very gullible youngling or you haven't learned how to tease properly yet. Ah well." Luna shrugged mentally. "In answer to your question I have never met so many unusual humans in all my life."

Zebulon noticed that Luna's rider was returning to her dragon, "you aren't leaving, are you?" he asked, a tinge of desperation seeping through his voice. He started circling Luna once more, his mind racing with questions, "where do you come from? Are your from the nest in the north? Is the rock good there? How many others of our kin are there? Are they still alive? Does the great master dragon Gharavar really exist?"

"Slow down there, youngling. I can only answer so many questions at one time." Luna cocked her head as she watched her companion, Koya, climbing the hill and back up to her. Likely she would want to leave this place and go to where no one knew her, again. Such a pity. "I know very little of Gharavar aside from the name. I know several of our kin still live without riders in the Windy Mountains in the North. I, however, don't know the place of my origin...unfortunately. As to whether I'm leaving or not...that has yet to be determined though the answer is likely yes. Does that answer your questions, oh curious youngling?"

Zebulon was about to answer when cracks appeared in the ground. Through them, strange fish-like creatures jumped forward, they clicked their pincers and attacked. Zebulon carefully retreated from a fiercely hissing, insectizeal. The odd creature lept a few feet forward and began to gnaw at his foreleg. Zebulon snarled and shook the ravenous creature off. Then a second jumped onto his back and began biting his neck, a third prepared to go for his tail. Annoyed, Zebulon ran a circle around himself, trying to shake the little monsters off. "What are they?" he asked.

Accidentally, he splattered one of his assailants then flicked another one off his neck. The one who had set it's teeth in his tail wouldn't let go and so he crushed it by slamming his tail against a nearby rock. He regretted having to kill anything but these creatures had began to attack him first, which was baffling in itself as dragons stood at the top of the food chain, as far as Zebulon could tell. Before anymore of the insectizeals could attack him, he slung his tail around Kethtria and threw her on his back. Dust billowed around him as he kicked off and flapped his mighty wings. He hovered a good twenty feet above the ground, his eyes searching for Luna and her rider amidst the chaos that had unfolded.

22. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

He was no longer behind his rock... He was no longer behind his ROCK... HE was NO LONGER behind his ROCK!

If anyone else understood the importance of this fact, they did not show it. 'After all,' thought Bins, eyes wide and ankles weak, 'What use is a safety rock to people who can teleport and fly?' Still... it's a bit impressive, knowing dwarves could teleport. If that type of thing was in his genes, it would make fleeing a lot easier. Maybe he could ask the dwarf about that after he asked about his mother...

A trange hush filled h bech. Bins clutched arrow to his chest. Something was strange with the other people. Most of them were looking around like dogs who had sensed a squirrel. Bins clutched his arrow harder. He suspected it was going to be much worse than a squirrel. The sixth sense was common to many of the races, and only ever foretold danger. His pessimism proved true as the sand began to shake and the sky began to rumble. It only took a moment for everything around them to dissolve into chaos.

The hated dragons took to the air, people clinging to their backs, and on the ground, swords danced. Demons leapt from the sea, crablike and contorted, and from elsewhere a wolf howled. The clouds above shook with thunder just as the ground below shook with quakes, and Bins felt as if whole universe was growling. He stood frozen as the sky opened up and dropped hot buckets of rain on him. What was going on? Had nature gone mad? Was it magic? Was it the sea witch? Was it-

His hair was turning red. The rain was turning his hair red? No... This was... Blood! This was blood! It fell from the sky in fat drops, puddling in the sea like wounds on the water. The air quickly became saturated with the smell of copper and death.

"I really wish I could teleport now, too," said Bins miserably, and huddled himself into a fighting position.

23. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Draven

Draven was overwhelmed. Things were happening at such a fast pace: one moment the injured man was teleporting all willy-nilly, and the next they were getting attacked by giant...things. Draven decided to stay in the water, where they could not reach her. She simply commanded the Ocean to lift her out of the way of danger and the next moment she was standing on the lip of a huge gravity-defying wave, looking down at the madness as it unfolded.

"Wh...wha...what the hell?!" the Sea Witch cussed. Those things looked like lobsters on steroids! Draven targeted the nearest one and blew a bubble at it that was filled with pale fire. Once the bubble hit the creature, it would explode and leave a crater in the monster's back.

24. lixAxil

A hand pulled the jacket of the man in bandages.

"Heey Blaine, what are those?" asked the girl curious in front of the assault of the strange creatures.

One came close to her, attempting to attack her; the girl quickly waved of her strong arms striking the creature; although not strong enough to kill it, it was sure strong enough to launch it some meters out of her.
    And the reason Karen attacked it wasn't self defense. It was simply because everyone was doing it, so she thought it was a game of sorts.

JessWrite likes this.
  25. Kingtype

"Heey Blaine, what are those?" Karen asked

As Blained recovered from his backside almost being bit off he turned to Karen.

His one eye wide with agony. "These would be Insectizeal. They eat the flesh of dragons Miss Karen and as you can see there are many dragons present."

Blaine's voice was steady despite the blood leaking from him. He showed his wound no concern "They are very dangerous even if you aren't a dragon. So be veeeeeery careful. Understand?" He asked and as he did he turned his head to Jon to give a friendly nod. "Thanks for that. For if a man doesn't have someone to guard his back then he might lose it."