The Dragons of Hakon: Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

The Solitary Warrior

Kane sat cross legged atop a small bit of rock, spear resting in the crook of his arm, impassively chewing a bit of seaweed. Often he had sat atop this vantage and watched as fishermen or trade ships came to and from the small seaside village of Brillwater Cove, but today there was something different. He could feel the subtle change in the water itself, as though there were a layer of oil atop it though there wasn't in reality. It was a feeling just on the edge of perception, never quite grasped but always present. Something was about to happen, something big. Clouds had begun to gather in the air before him, great dark things that crackled with energy. What could it mean? What change was afoot?

The sudden crash of water shook Kane from his reverie. In the distance he could make out a pair of fisherman, perhaps a man and his son. Though he was too far from the pair to make out their words, he could tell by the smaller one's frantic motions that something had happened. It was not long before they pulled what seemed to be a man from the jaws of the sea, chained and masked from the look of it. Such strange events, Kane thought. He wondered what this man had to do with the strange feeling he got from the waters, tasted in the cool sea air.

Then he saw the dragon as it winged down towards the fisherman and his strange catch. Kane had never ventured far beyond his seaward manse, but even he knew that anything involving dragons was rarely a good thing. There was conflict in the village and Kane thought he could make out more people, perhaps a woman or two. He couldn't tell from this distance. Then there was another dragon. The dark clouds above seemed to rumble in anticipation, though no one seemed to pay any mind to such things. Kane even wondered if he were imagining it.

Then strange creatures began to appear, creatures which Kane had never laid eyes on before. The sky rained blood down onto the land and into the water, turning it a sickening red. It seemed as though several of the people he had been watching from a distance were being chased out by these monstrosities, forced atop the back of what seemed to be a great moving island. This place had grown dangerous. Quietly, Kane slipped into the water and made his towards the island.

-~<>~-​

Kane came quietly out of the water near a group of the people he had seen from afar earlier. They seemed to be making ready to move. Sticking to the shadows, Kane crept closer in an attempt to hear what was being said.

"Alright is everyone who is getting on, on?" asked a small and strange looking man. "If you are ready, follow me toward the large cave for us to settle while underwater. If your dragons can breathe underwater they can stay outside, if not then may enter." he exclaimed loudly to all those who had gathered. He revealed a strange sword and allowed the tip to touch the ground. As he walked toward the cave, he dragged his sword, leaving a thin white trail behind him.

Kane looked back towards the chaos that had been wrought by the brief battle once more. Surely these people were somehow connected with whatever it was he had felt. These were dragon people and warriors, types he tried to keep himself clear of, but the area did not feel safe anymore. Kane crouched down into the shadows behind the group, muscles poised for a quick escape or spear thrust should it became necessary. Quietly, he followed after them.

1 person likes this.
  2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Drake

Drake watched wearily as the others clambered onto the massive earth dragon's back, the dwarf leading them into what he claimed to be a safe place. The human female hadn't moved towards them, so he simply wrapped an arm around her stomach and teleported her to the entrance. Steadying her -as she seemed to not be used to moving so fast- Drake glanced back towards the beach. The wind had changed, filling his nose with the smell of salt and seaweed. There was another approaching, and his blood-soaked hair seemed to spike up like hackles a bit.

"Don't move." he warned everyone, then vanished.

He re-appeared soundlessly behind the stranger, quickly looking over the mer-man before letting out a low growl:

"No one sneaks up on me. What is your intent?"

3. Darkthought

Best of Friends

There was an almost imperceptible change in the pressure of the air around Kane. Though he had been trained to notice such things down in depths, it was not quite so easy here on the surface where the currents of air seemed to move as they pleased.

"No one sneaks up on me. What is your intent?" came a growling voice.

Wordlessly, Kane brought the shaft of the spear around in a wide circle as he spun to face whatever it was that came to confront him. He did not even wait to see if his first strike had connected before he dropped down into a fighting stance, both hands gripping the weapon and aiming its deadly point towards the source of the mysterious voice. Kane recognized the man he had seen pulled from the water earlier. This man, if that was what he was, gave Kane the same uneasy feeling he had gotten from the water all day.

"I would ask you the same," Kane said in a voice like silk dragged across smooth stone, quiet yet hinting at something strong and deadly.

4. Keitsumah

Drake

Drake bent his body in an arc, allowing the spear's point to pass harmlessly a few inches from his stomach. Then he too, dropped into a crouch mirroring the other's, gold eyes watching the mer-man carefully.

"I would ask you the same,"

Glancing down at the spear as if it were a mere twig, Drake flexed his draconian hand. Then cautiously stood, trying not to look like he was going to attack, but still remained tense. "Not to make any new enemies." he replied.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Koya and Luna

"If you are ready, follow me toward the large cave for us to settle while underwater. If your dragons can breathe underwater they can stay outside, if not then may enter."

"Who put him in charge?" Koya asked irritably, as her blue dragon jumped upon the dragon-island and began following the dwarf to his cave.
    Luna chuckled. "Well, we are riding his companion. I suppose he should be allowed some authority."
    Koya shrugged and then glanced at Drake again. He freaked her out and yet at the same time, she felt extremely curious about him.
    "Why are we traveling with these people, Luna. Half are crazy, the other half are dangerous."
    "Void. If we don't band together to stop him...then who will?" Luna replied wisely. Koya shook her head. Sometimes Luna only acted smart, but most of the time the dragon truly was much wiser than she. This thought Koya kept within the confines of her own mind. No need to bloat Luna's pride more than necessary.

Suddenly, Luna slowed her walk until she was nearly standing still. "Luna? Why are you slowing down?"
    Luna didn't respond but simply tilted her dragonic head in the direction of some trees. "What is it? I don't...LUNA!"
    Koya exclaimed mentally as she saw the knight, Jon, bathing in pond almost completely concealed by the trees.
    "What?" Luna replied innocently. "I thought you might want to take a bath. I know how you hate blood."

Koya's exposed cheeks flushed and she tried to pull her purple scarf further up her face to conceal her embarrassment. She saw his head turning in her direction and quickly looked away. Thankfully another man and his dragon had shown up, distracting him. Hopefully he wouldn't see her. "Damned dragon. Get your scaly butt moving or so help me, I'll..."
    "You'll what? Dear, you really need to interact with people more." Luna teased, but she began moving again.
    "What? Are you my mother now? Honestly, Luna. You're a dragon. Why in the world are you even interested in trying to hook me up with someone."
    "Have you looked at your self in a reflecting glass lately. Really, your face is so forlorn even I want to cry."
    "No man can fix that problem. If anything, they just make it worse."
    Koya grumbled.

Luna sighed and shook her head. There had to be someway to change her companion's mind about men.

6. Darkthought

Kane

"Not to make any new enemies." he replied.

Kane eyed him coolly as the man seemingly relaxed his stance. He was quick, Kane thought, perhaps a trained fighter. He had dodged the tip of Kane's spear by a calculated few inches as expertly as Kane himself might have. Not a man, or whatever he was, to be taken lightly.

Slowly, Kane relaxed his stance and stood to his full height. The butt of his spear came to rest lightly on the ground. "I saw you fall, saw those monsters. The sky rained blood into my waters. Seemed safer to follow than to stay. I mean you and your people no harm."

7. Keitsumah

Drake

Drake nodded, fully relaxing. It wasn't as if either one were about to attack each other now that they had recognized their strengths. "Then i guess that means i have little explaining other to do than this: Void is awakening. If we don't find a way to stop him then the whole world will be in jeopardy. I have an idea where we might find some help . . . but it will require a long journey into the ocean." the barest hint of a smile touched his mouth behind the mask. "I guess fate is on my side for once. Come, or we'll miss the... well, dragon." Drake had been about to say boat but once he glanced at Erde Welt thought the better of it.

8. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Zebulon and Kethtria

"It's pointless they can't hear you!" Kethtria shouted, she'd given up on trying to communicate with Zebulon through telepathic means. I don't care! the young dragon snapped back as he circled around the ongoing sky battle, yelping at them to make them stop. But they didn't even seem to notice him, and their minds were too clouded with madness to allow Zebulon to speak through those means. "They're leaving! Come on Zebby we need to head back!"

I AM NOT YOUR PET, ELF!

Kethtria threw her arms up in the air then let her head drop dramatically on Zebulon's neck. "Then why don't you drop me? Why didn't you kill me when we first met? Don't try to trick me Zeb, I know you like me. Now, please, let's head back."

Zebulon flapped his wings once more, then dived towards the ground. He didn't utter a word or shared a thought with Kethtria on the way down and silently scooped up Bins and plopped him down. "Happy now?" he growled at Kethtria as she slid down onto the ground.

"Very," she acknowledged then patted him on his snout.

9. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Draven

Draven did not know how she felt about this "Void" or these other magic users, or the giant ungainly beasts they called dragons. She suddenly felt like the little girl she was on the playground. Everyone else were the "cool kids" and they knew everything about this land world and its secrets, but Draven was a big, ugly nerd with no clue. Feeling that way made Draven irritated -- even more than normal.

"I will not ride your dragoons," Draven announced confrontationally, her sea-green eyes blazing and a salty wind blowing around her. "I will ride the waves, if you don't mind. Those crabs don't frighten me." She wrapped her fishnet cloak around her bony frame more tightly and tried ot look fierce. If they told her they weren't traveling over the sea, well, Draven would have to suck up her pride and ride the Earth "dragoon".

10. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Blaine meets Luna and Koya!!!

You desire that man?" Blaine asked as he seemed to materialize right beside Koya.

He hadn't teleported he'd simply been there watching her watch the man that was bathing.

The mummy's thoughts weren't in a jumble as they had been earlier. Instead he'd decided to indulge in some of pleasurable things around him. Such as all the good looking fellows and of course the wonderful company he'd been stuck with as a whole.

Karen stayed glued on his back the girl still passed out from the earlier incident.

"He does look quite good nice am I right? All tanned and muscled." He asked playfully but to the deepness of it. The entire thing just came off as weird.

Koya glared at him. Though more so at Luna then the mummy. "See what you've done, Dragon! Now people think I want. By the moon I hate humans....and dragons sometimes."
    "Calm yourself, Koya. You're going to have a heart attack."

Luna brought her head inches from the mummy. "Now there...you've gone and embarrassed my rider." She said out loud. Her voice was similar to tree leaves rustling in the wind. "Is that a polite thing to ask? Especially of a woman whose name is unknown to you? Really...go learn some manners then return here and try speaking properly." Luna reprimanded the man as a mother would a child.

"Calm down my sister." Blaine said to Luna as if they were old friends. He hardly seemed fazed by having a dragon so close to him. "People get embarrassed far easy these days. In my time humans were far more true to themselves. Like Miss Karen here." He said happily nodding to the girl on his back. "She's by far the most interesting student I've ever encountered! An endless sea waiting to be filled with my knowledge." Blaine rambled on.

"Perhaps she is interesting because she is not fully human."

"Well she's not......neither am I." Blaine replied. "But not to say you aren't interesting because you two are more common. I mean you are interesting people in an interesting situation. A rider who's face is covered and her dragon talking to an unknown being with bandages covering him while he's carrying his injured student whom is not all that human."

Blaine let out a sigh. "Interesting day is it not?"

"I'm not sure interesting is the right word, perhaps sad...or evil day."

"Are you still talking to that creature?" Koya asked Luna, reprimandingly. The mummy was freaking her out. She couldn't fathom why her dragon was taking the time to talk to him.

"Excuse me, interesting Sir. I'm afraid my rider insists on being rude and wishes to continue on to the cave. Perhaps we will speak some other time."

"When you get as old as me you find there is no such thing as evil. Just a bunch of people with ridiculous ideals." Blaine then turned to Koya. "Your dragon could help you learn better manners. That is by no means an insult just some wisdom." The mummy then took a bow in front of Luna. "I shall look forward to more conversations in the future sister."

"See that. I can help you learn better manners." Luna teased.
    Koya huffed in annoyance. Something was off about that man, aside from the fact he entire body was wrapped in bandages. But she had no desire to find out what.

11. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Karen

Huh?...
    May be...
    Frozen ice...
    Right... an eternal quietness...
    Numerous existences...
    All empty existences...
    Only one existence to be filled...
    Sweet rest for the others...
    But is frozen... an eternal quietness.
    Must become empty once again.
    Cease to exists for a while...
    She is a hope... awake...

Your tale is a sad one, young, young girl

----------------------------------

"Where are we Blaine?..." said a sweet voice on a low tone.
    She felt cold, as such she tried to warm her face with her hands... horror encountered her.

"Huh?... there aren't here..." mumbled the girl looking at her mutilated hand...
    "Why there aren't here? Iaga!!, Karen doesn't understand.. they are always there!!" exclaimed the girl scared.

She started looking around her, seeking for her missing fingers, but she didn't even knew where she was, she had no clue...
    She didn't understand anything

Tears started to form on her face..
    "Karen doesn't get it... they are always there, even when they were gone, what is happening Iaga??!!" screamed the girl right before breaking into a disconsolately cry.

She recalled that the last time she cried that way was when Iaga stopped talking to her

JessWrite likes this.
  12. Kingtype

Blaine.....

Blaine calmly reached out and grabbed Karen's shoulder. He guided the young girl to the wall and sat her down down as she continued sob.

"We are on an earth dragon." He said patting her head with his one hand.

He wouldn't bother pressing Karen about her brother or whoever that man was as upset as she was now. He let out a sigh as he leaned up against the wall along with her.

"Karen look at me. Your fingers will come back." He said casually. "So lets not cry for them alright." Blaine said as soft as he could and then pulled and started wiping at Karen's tears with jacket. I believe the dwarf had them but the man said she'd heal herself. Either way he knew her fingers would be back sooner or later. "Come on cheer up!" He exclaimed...........trying to think of something he could do for her.

13. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Strange fruit

Jon muttered curses under his breath as he tried to get the red stains off of his armor, which had been polished to a high shine when he rode into town this morning. Funny. This morning, he’d had a horse, a purpose, and a rather lofty opinion of himself. Now he had nothing but his sword, the clothes on his back, and a silly earth dragon with more limbs and sense.

Well, technically, he didn’t have a dragon. Nya wasn’t his dragon, even if she did seem to think otherwise. And, speaking of limbs, did she have four arms and two legs or four legs and two arms? He couldn’t seem to figure that out. Ah, life’s many mysteries…

Suddenly, Jon felt he was being watched and wheeled around to see. But no one was there. The bushes rustled, as if someone or something had vanished. Grumbling to himself, he cupped another handful of water and poured it over himself, letting the cool liquid run through his luscious blonde hair and down his chiseled face, until it dripped from the plates of his armor and soaked his underclothes.

And, for some strange reason, he found himself thinking of Koya again.

A loud thump made him suddenly wheel around a second time. Okay, someone was definitely watching him! He nearly reached for his sword, but quickly discovered it was the big, blue fire dragon that had arrived late to the fight on the beach. Although, frankly, anytime a dragon showed up it was too soon. Jon would gladly go the rest of his life without seeing another one.

"Hello there!” the dragon’s rider said as he dismounted and walked toward the knight. “So... how did you end up here?"

“I’ve been asking myself the same damn thing,” Jon muttered under his breath, and then realized he should probably fix his attitude and try make a friend or two.

“Long story,” he said to the man. “Within the span of the past few hours, I’ve been subjected to hallucinations, intoxications, incarcerations, lacerations, devilish machinations, mental subjugation, and, at the moment, am feeling some mild nauseation. And most of it is the fault of that lizard over there,” he concluded with a nod toward Nya.

He stared rather intently at the man, then frowned and offered his hand. “Jon Grayward. And how has your day been, sir? Mine’s been fantastic.”

Nya was in the midst of selecting which delicious boulder to dine upon when the blue dragon landed. The act of digesting stone was a rather disgusting process. It usually began with spitting acid on the mineral in question, then breaking it into smaller pieces --which usually involved lots of pounding, smashing, and general raucousness-- before gobbling it up.

In the interest of maintaining her status as a proper lady-like dragon, and not a rock-smashing savage, Nyaladcthulxoteph decided it would be best to do this in secret, away from prying eyes. She was trying to find dinner, when the blue dragon and its master descended. To him, it probably looked like she was staring at boulders… which she was.

”You have metal scales like mine,” the blue dragon said. “I've never seen another dragon with metal scales before.”

“And I’ve never seen a blue fire dragon… or are you a fiery water dragon?” she said, curiously. “Oh, the world is all a-flutter. Nothing makes sense anymore. It’s enough to make a girl swoon,” she said, rather dramatically and then batted her eyelashes. “Would you catch me if I did, dearie?”

14. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

The Cave Of Life

Camdin turned towards Draven and looked at her with smug look. "Just be careful. You could be an important asset to us." he said sincerely. Wherever they ended up would have water, and with the evil they would face, they could us as much help as possible.

Camdin kept walking through the large forest. Every tree, vine, and such could be considered so much similar. Many could get lost in this forest, but Camdin has made his way across Erde Welt body multiple times before. He had familiarized himself with multiple areas of the island, but the cave could be considered the most important. Especially when he has to use it every single time that Erde Welt turns into a submarine. When inside the cave, Camdin feels strange. Not being able to see what is outside made him feel like he was missing out. Though, with how deep underwater the rock monster can go, he wondered if he actually wanted to lay eyes upon the underwater world of terror.

As he walked, dragging his sword against the ground, it was strange. No sparks flew, and Segnung did not become duller. Yet while he was dragging the sword, it was glowing brightly, and so was the thin path that followed the tip. As he made his way to the cave, it was large and on the side of the mountain, which was about five miles away from where Camdin and the other had boarded. As he looked at the large he took in its large size.

[​IMG]

Once there he rose his sword from the ground and slashed up at the air with the sword. At this instant, the light on the trail Camdin left, had grown high for anyone on Erde Welt to hear. Camdin was getting uneasy as to whether those dragons would attack. "Come on guys! Those dragons may attack us!" he yelled into he woods, hoping for someone to hear.

15. lixAxil

"Not the first time Blaine.." mumbled the girl in the middle of her cry..

"Karen's finger already disappeared once before, but they came back.... this time is different..." said the girl.
    She raised her hand, observing the stumps where her fingers should be...

"Something happened... " mumbled the girl, the wound was closed, something burned it.

"There is no wound Blaine!!! Karen doesn't understand it." screamed the girl, desperately looking for an answer.

As her wounds were closed due to the cauterization process, the cells were unnable to continue growing, creating new fingers. Of course as Karen was unconscious she didn't know that Blaine threated her wounds, this little fact confused her as her mind didn't know the concept of cauterizing a wound.

JessWrite likes this.
  16. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

“Jon Grayward. And how has your day been, sir? Mine’s been fantastic.”

"It was pretty normal up till about," Israel looked at the sky, "oh, thirty minutes ago?" he said with a smirk. "Israel Kai, that's Ezra, the shiny blue one over there," he said and shook the man's hand. "We were just flying past on our way north when we looked over and saw what appeared to be the end of days... Naturally, we had to investigate."

Israel noted how the man bristled at first, but seemed to calm down after a moment. Probably he wasn't used to things going to hell in a handbasket so much in such a short period of time...

"Sounds like you've had quite the time though... Were the hallucinations nice at least? Or were there blood curdling phantasms and such?"

--------------

“And I’ve never seen a blue fire dragon… or are you a fiery water dragon?” she said, curiously. “Oh, the world is all a-flutter. Nothing makes sense anymore. It’s enough to make a girl swoon,” she said, rather dramatically and then batted her eyelashes. “Would you catch me if I did, dearie?”

Ezra snorted a little burst of fire.

"So you've never seen another fire dragon like me? Not even once?" he asked, sidestepping her flirtations, but still sounding a little disappointed. "It seems no one has..." He'd always known that he was different, but just how different he was had recently started to sink in.

"Why were you staring at that boulder?" he asked after a moment's silence.

17. Kingtype

Blaine

"Miss Karen I think I have a theory as to why your fingers aren't coming back." Blaine replied as he examined her hand. The mummy then put his arm around the girl to comfort her. "If I'm correct then I can fix it. But it might hurt."

Blaine looked thoughtful. "Would it be okay if I tried or would you rather just keep your hand like that? Its your choice. I didn't know you'd heal so I cauterize the wound. This means I burned it shut." He said looking her dead in the eye. "Don't worry though I can fix it. I'd understand if your upset with me. But when people.......well normal people get hurt. They can heal and sometimes their wounds must be burned shut. Do you understand?" He asked. Blaine was hoping she wouldn't be upset. His eyes twitched nervously.

If she was upset it could damage their student and teacher relationship.

18. lixAxil

Upset wasn't the right word. Karen wasn't upset with Blaine at all, even if she knew he stopped her regeneration she wouldn't be upset with him.
    Not even a day had passed since both met, but for a girl blind in society the idea of distrust didn't exists, as such Blaine was something like her first friend, something she slowly was learning to value.

"You fix Karen, Blaine. Doesn't matter if it hurts!!" said the girl with a shine on her teary eyes.
    She extended her hands toward Blaine, accepting to let them to his care.

JessWrite likes this.
  19. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Gnilyts smiled. Wind dragons are fun to bully. That really small wind dragon managed to drag me into the lake. That really small wind dragon defied the laws of physimascienstry. Must have been magic. Did his rider use magic? That's cheap. I like being cheap. I should get a rider... nahh too much effort. That lake was cold though. He shivered. Hmm cold. Is it like last time? A glance downward revealed his gleaming black scales. So it is! What a wondrous discovery! I love it when this happens. Everything works better, everything is more fun, I look more stylish, and- There was something tugging at his mind. Something important, something major, something that had to do with the fact that he was flying directly towards the moving island. It was something to do with turr... turbines? turrurr? turnips? tur- oh, TURN! Gnilyts was swiveling to the right when a frown afflicted itself onto his face. Wait, no. It was that I can't turn. OSHI-

With a mighty boom and even mightier style, Gnilyts crashed through several trees, boulders, and slid with a ready seductive pose between Nyala and Erza.

Good evening.

20. AnonyMouse

Big iron

"So you've never seen another fire dragon like me? Not even once?" he asked. "It seems no one has..."

That makes two of us, Nya thought. She’d never seen a metal earth dragon. In fact, she’d never seen an earth dragon anywhere near her size; they were always much bigger. And her ability to control through flora was something she’d never seen another dragon do.

"Why were you staring at that boulder?" the blue dragon asked, recapturing her attention.

“Huh? Oh, that thing? I was merely admiring its rugged beauty. Such grace. Such majesty. Such rustic appeal,” she said with a smile, while looking around for a change of subject. When it became clear he wasn’t buying her excuse, she decided to confess:

“Okay, have you ever heard the saying ‘you are what you eat?’” she asked. “These metal scales don’t come from nowhere, dear. Months ago, I began to sense the Void’s power swelling beneath the earth. Ever since, I’ve adjusted my diet and accepted only the finest minerals. The rock beneath this island is rich with adamantium ore, veins of mythril and orichalcum deep beneath the sea, and unrefined metals humans have never seen.”

She pounded a fist against her hardened chest. “My shell is stronger than it has ever been because I knew this day was coming. As for that…” she turned up her nose at the stone she’d been about to devour moments ago. “Junk food. I thank you for arriving when you did, dear. A girl must keep her figure, yes.”

"It was pretty normal up till about," Israel looked at the sky, "oh, thirty minutes ago?" the man said with a smirk. "Israel Kai, that's Ezra, the shiny blue one over there," he said and shook the man's hand. "We were just flying past on our way north when we looked over and saw what appeared to be the end of days... Naturally, we had to investigate."

“Well, there’s your problem right there,” Jon said aside.

"Sounds like you've had quite the time though... Were the hallucinations nice at least? Or were there blood curdling phantasms and such?"

“They were… umm…” Jon thought back, remembering the prancing unicorn and the purple squirrel and the sexy women. “Troubling,” he said with a shrug. After a pause, Jon added:

“We should probably go find the others. I think I heard that damned dwarf yelling about something or other… erm, not that I have anything against dwarfs,” he quickly added. “It’s just... well, he was there… during the hallucinations. He shrugged again and began to walk in the direction of the sound. “Like I said, it’s a long story.”

21. Kingtype

Friends

Blaine nodded and took Karen's hand.

His heart wasn't racing and he was as calm as he always was. He was happy she wasn't upset.

Now came the moment of truth. To fix his mistake as he'd done so many times in the past.

Blaine showed Karen his hand and then suddenly as small dark nail popped from the top of it like the blade of a knife. Blaine's lighty began cutting the cauterized section of her hand peeling through the red and black skin which of course caused blood to flow. But Blaine made sure to do it quick so Karen would feel as little pain as possible.

"All done Miss Karen." Blaine said as he held her bleeding hand. "You were really brave. Courage is the foundation that builds good character. Now your fingers should come back soon right?" He asked his masks going up into what looked like a smile.

22. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

“Like I said, it’s a long story.”

"One that I would love to hear some time," Israel replied with a smile. "I'm actually somewhat of a chronicler, you see... always looking for a good story!" You don't suppose we should follow that shiny line on the ground there do you?"

Israel was a chronicler, he had kept a record of his journeys up to now in a leather bound book that he kept in his satchel. He hoped that it would be his legacy one day, and this seemed like it had the makings of a wonderful adventure.

"So, where were you be-"

And then a giant black dragon crashed from the sky and landed in what Israel could only assume was a seductive pose between Ezra and his new friend.

"Definitely writing this down..."

-----------

Ezra was about to comment on Nyala's dietary plans, something about adamantium claws or some such, but then the giant black dragon crashed between them, causing quite the commotion...

Good evening.

"Is that you old timer? You look less... fiery... You starting to loose some steam in your old age?" Ezra chuckled in the only way a dragon could, with fire.

23. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Camdin and The Void

Camdin sat on the ground in the large cave. He took his lit sword and stuck it into the wall. With this, mostly the entire cave had been lit up. It was a large cave that seemed to make it halfway through the mountain. Yet it had a few forks, pathways Camdin had never bothered to travel down. The cave was huge, large enough to fit multiple houses inside. Camdin sat back against the walls of the cave, trying to relax. He had let so much pressure tense up his body. A man so little should not be filled with so much worry.

While relaxing in the cave he was disturbed by Erde Welt. Camdin's feet inside his black boots flinched, as if he had been awakened. He scratched his beard and yawned, showing he was tired from today's work, and also that he had woke up early that morning. His green eyes slouched back down towards the floor, and his eyes lids closed reluctant to the conversation that he could feel Erde Welt about to start, literally.

"What do you want?" Camdin asked his dragon telepathically.

"Do you not believe that you are a little too relaxed about the current situation?" Erde Welt answered with a question.

"Everyone else is relaxed, why can't I be?" Camdin answered with another question.

Erde Welt rolled his eyes and sighed aloud. This made a small wave in the water, in front of the rock monster. "These people haven't faced what you have." Erde Welt argued.

"I am sure they have had their fair share of fights." Camdin said, blowing off the statement of his dragon nonchalantly.

"Not like you. You know how big of a threat this is, even if some of them don't. You should take it more serious." Erde Welt explained.

Camdin grew a frown on his face as he looked outside the cave up at the sky.

Suddenly Erde Welt felt a shake somewhere on his back. He was confused on what it could be, was one of the dragons attacking?

24. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Amara

Amara walked nearer to the group before plopping down on the ground to rest her back against a tree. The tragic visions replayed before her eyes and again her emotions stirred. Pain...betrayal...anger...

She swallowed hard as rare tears threatened. Who was that man; what had he done? And, why had he helped her? Not that she wasn't thankful he had retrieved her bow, but the questions just kept coming.

Raising her head, Amara took a deep breath as she looked at her surroundings. Green swallowed up everything in sight and lush undergrowth covered the ground like a fuzzy carpet. She was on an earth dragon. Amara could hardly believe the fact. She'd encountered earth dragons before, but never been on one. What a milestone; one that she was not proud of.

Shaking her head, Amara leap back on her feet and took a stroll through the trees. With each step, her thoughts turned back to the masked man. Who was he...really? He seemed to know a lot about this Void. Back in her tribe, she had heard stories of the creature, yet never payed much attention. How she wished she had now.

Muttered voices reached her ears and Amara stopped in her tracks. A frown crossed over her face as her gaze drifted to the mummy who had called her crazy and the insane girl who had attacked her. Watching them from a distance, a fire ignited in her heart. They truly didn't understand her motives at all, but she didn't understand them either. As the mummy took the girl's hands in his and did something, she finally came to a decision. She'd go talk to them.

Casually she walked over and leaned against the rock wall. "He be makin' you all better, huh? How sweet." Amara mocked. "Maybe I'll get a re-match then."

25. AnonyMouse

Deuces and dementia

"One that I would love to hear some time," Israel replied with a smile. "I'm actually somewhat of a chronicler, you see... always looking for a good story! You don't suppose we should follow that shiny line on the ground there do you?"

Jon narrowed his eyes at the shiny path… which looked eerily familiar.

“Nope, it’s not mine,” Nya said telepathically, in such a way that only he could hear her.

Honestly, Jon didn’t believe her, but this day couldn’t get much worse. If the trail led him to his death, that might be an improvement. He walked with Israel and the man began to speak once more:

"So, where were you be-"

But Israel was cut short when a black dragon crashed through the trees, causing the earth to shudder beneath their feet. Jon scowled for a while but, when the dust settled, he saw it was another of the dragons from the beach. The one Nya claimed to know.

In that case, he didn’t want to meet it.

Jon turned and continued walking, as if nothing had happened.

”Good evening,” Gnilyts said, booming the words into her mind.

“Oh, hellooo,” Nya said giddily.

"Is that you old timer? You look less... fiery... You starting to loose some steam in your old age?" the blue one asked, puffing flames as he spoke.

“Don’t mock your elders,” Nya scolded, wagging a finger at him. “Gilly and I are neighbors. Well, former neighbors, I mean. He’s been blowing smoke since before you were an egg. Show some respect, or I’ll put you over my knee, grasshopper.”

She was mixing reptiles with insects, which was probably in indicator that she was about as old (and senile) as Gnilyts.

"Now, where'd those humans go?" she thought, looking around for Jon... despite the telepathic link telling her exactly where he was.