The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

Just last night I had one of the most intense dreams ever, so this thread came along just in time. Oddly enough, it was a nightmare, and I don't have nightmares often at all. Normally they're lucid, so I can get out of them.

In the dream I was reading a horror book. This book was terrifying, and totally immersive. It had a slow buildup, but the basic plot line was that John lives in a big house outside of town with his parents and his sister. His parents travel to the city, and are killed in a car crash, leaving John and his sister living alone in the house.
    The buildup was very slow, but with lots of tension. I knew it was going to get ugly,
    In the dream I remember thinking "this book is going to get really terrifying, I don't want to read any further." So, I stopped reading. But, I decided to take one more peek at the book, and I turned to page...416, I think it was, to see what was going to happen. In this scene John's sister had died / he'd killed her (I can't remember which), but instead of burying her, he'd just left her locked in a room on the second floor. Her corpse had been steadily rotting for a while when it reanimated (she woke up), and went crawling through the house, dressed in her white night dress (think the chick from the Exorcist scuttling along, but she's been dead for a few weeks, so she's rotting). John's sleeping, and he wakes up to find her lying on top of him, holding him down by the shoulders while she makes out with him. One particular detail was her taking advantage of her extra long tongue (the tissue connecting it to the base of her mouth had rotted, lengthening it) to lick his face and french kiss him with abandon.

At this stage of the dream I woke up, terrified. I was most certainly awake - I looked at the room, and could see in the dim streetlight the cupboard, fan, and so on - and then I blinked. At that moment I slipped into this bizarre half world. I was awake - I could still see the room but out of the corner of the eye I could also see that something white had crawled onto the bed. I could hear it slobbering, and feel its weight on the mattress, and I felt it bloody well licking at my neck. I remember thinking quite clearly that I don't have any pets, and I live alone so I knew it wasn't the dog or cat or a ladyfriend.

Gave me a few bad moments, I can tell you.

After that I woke up properly, and going back to sleep took a few minutes. Worst nightmare to date.

I'm thinking I'll write something based on this. It's too good an image not to use.

2. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Usually my dreams are very long and strange....verrrryyyyy strange and somehow related to something in real life.
    This summer I had a dream about seeing my favorite singer in concert (which I was going to in a few weeks) this dream involved a sleepoever at my house with a bunch of random guys from school one of whom was my brother in this dream which was weird, and after a very strange concert invovling a wooden plank I found out my favorite singer was actually my Dad's brother, hows that for weird? and that's theshortened version, if anyone actaully cares (which I doubt anyone does) I can explain the whole dream :D
    I also had a weird dreamlast night about going to tolo (which is in about two weeks, though I'm not actually going) with this guy I'm friends with...in the end I ended up liking him which is really weird....it too was a strange dream....

3. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Humans have dozens of dreams each night (typically), but I rarely remember mine. When I do, they tend to be very negative dreams, which I find odd. With the exception of my current state, I'm normally a very optimistic and pleasant person. I've always wondered if that's the pessimistic side of me coming out when I'm dreaming.

I've never had a lucid dream, and I'm envious that so many of you can! :eek:

4. Rosetta Stoned

Rosetta Stoned New Member

I've taken German for three years and I'm starting to dream in it. >.>

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I had a freaky nightmare about clowns... a large number of people I know (and would rather never have known) all looked like really hideous scary goth/macabre/emo clowns. All black, grey and red... and they were after me, rounding me up like I was a sheep. I had previously escaped from them, they had bound my mouth shut with wire, so I couldn't scream and threaded barbed wire through my skin. Looked awesome too! hehe! But at the same time, damn horrid... When they finally caught me after my initial escape, the scariest one of all stepped forward, ripped my heart out of my chest and ate it... I saw myself fall to the ground and die! Then they fed off me till here was not even bones left... It was horrible. I woke up shaking and in tears. I can still remember every little detail and what each individual clown looks like. Every word said! Not a very nice dream at all, but could make an interesting story... :(

6. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Member

There are only a few dreams I've had that I remember, and an even smaller amount that stick out in my mind.
    First one was a recurring dream where me and my family were getting chased around by an electric saw, except I remember really vivid colors somewhere. It wasn't until after I watched one of those Ernest movies that I realized my dream was a complete rip off of one of those gags from the movie. (I think I probably watched it before I had the dream, but just didn't remember it.)
    The other was where I was on a boat on a moonlit night going out from an underground cavern. I was fighting zombies and I lost some fingers and had green blood.
    And I was Kiera Knightly. And I was wearing that costume she was wearing in King Arthur. With the leather straps and stuff?
    Yeah, I'm not even going to begin trying to understand that crap.
    Y'know, that's what I've always thought clowns did.
    Coincidence?

7. Torana

HAHAHA! Maybe a coincidence, but then again... maybe not! :p

I have Coulrophobia. Phobia of clowns. It ain't as bad as before and this nightmare was mild (more of a delightful dream) compared to the millions I have had which are far too disturbing to ever post on this forum... :eek:

8. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

I have a phobia about spiders and dream they are crawling on me all the time. Nice, huh?

9. Torana

That is horrid. Even worse when you wake up and see one on your bed or the wall. Happened to me once and I put a hole in the wall behind me.... I got my backside tanned!

10. garmar69

Yea! I was sleeping one night and having the same dream--it's crawling across my face to go in my mouth--I woke up with a huge wolf spider on my face. It was big enough that when I knocked it off, I heard it hit the wall. :eek:

My uncle is so afraid of them that he shot one with a 12 gauge shotgun in his basement. :D

11. Torana

that has happened to me and I cried for hours and didn't go in my room for 2 weeks!

That is so hilarious!! lol!

12. garmar69

I tore my room apart until I found the pesky bugger. He one dead spider when I got done with him. ;)

13. Torana

I am that scared of them I can't go back in the room. I use a full tin of spray, lock the room up and leave! Then have nightmares about them coming after me for a few dayss.

14. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Member

Wow, you shame me with your phobias. I'm uncomfortable around spiders. I don't want them crawling on me. But Harvestmen are okay. They kinda tickle.
    Also, garmar? Yeah, your uncle is hardcore.
    Wait, I do have a massive fear of earwigs. I think it stems from that time when I reached into my pocket and it came out crawling with earwigs. The story my stepmom told me about a guy who had an earwig lay eggs in his brain didn't help me none, either. Even now, I'm afraid to fall asleep at their house.

15. garmar69

You don't even know...

I also have dreams of falling now and then. I usually wake face down on the floor.

16. sarahb

sarahb New Member

The other night I had a dream that outside of my house there was a cheetah, but instead of a cheetahs head being attached to the body, it was a humans head.

I cant remember much, but i woke up thinking, wtf?

There was another animal with a human head too, and I think they were trying to kill me.
    What type of things is a dream like that supposed to represent?

17. Aristocrazy

Aristocrazy New Member

Lat night I had a cool dream where I was peter parker (no powers) and I saved people from a zombie infestation. interestingly enough the zombies were 28 days later style in the morning but pushovers at night. (one tried to bite Jameson at night but Jameson put his hand in it's mouth as it chomped down and pulled up~ tearing its head off minus the jaw.

ya, they were that much of a pushover at night.

I remember at least one of my dreams every night.. With any luck I'll achieve lucid dreaming before too long... but don't quote me.

my first and only lucid dream I've ever had without waking up from the excitement of the realization was basically that I was running from a mall filled with giant man-sized spiders, then I realized it was a dream, and I turned around and cleansed the mall of the critters with a baseball bat if I remember correctly

edit: believe it or not killing things is usually a small percentage of my dreams >.>
    9/10 when I have a mature developing dream I reject the girl :p ... lol way too elitist

18. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Last night I dreamed that I was packing to go to Hawaii. Of course, I can't have a stress free vacation dream. In the dream, I didn't know what time the flight was. My friend Becca was making all the arrangements. I was trying to pack not knowing how much time I had. I also had forgotten to request the time off work and couldn't get a hold of my boss. I couldn't find what I wanted to pack. I only had a backpack and had to make everything fit. Oh, and for some reason I was in my childhood bedroom, not my current one. My sister Katie was helping me pack. She kept reminding me of all the things I kept forgetting, and every time I got more stressed. I never even made it to the plane let alone Hawaii. :(

19. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Last night I had a wonderful dream that I was teaching a class full of autistic kids. It was nice.

20. zorell

zorell New Member

My dormmate introduced me to Lance Costello, a tattoed, ten-times peirced musical student three years older than us. The dream spanned at least ten years because he was there when I graduated with my docotrate, he continually encouraged me to go on when the course load seemed unbearable, and even helped finance my tutition the year I attained my doctorate (he had a knack for mechanic work).

How did he propose? He got a tattoo of a blue dove holding what could only be called Life in its beak. He said it was me and that I would soar one day, and he didn't want to be left on the ground looking up.

He's one of those dreams I want to come true:redface:

21. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Last night I dreamt of folders. The manila kind.

In the folders there was information and every time I opened one up, it began to speak to me out loud, and I would begin to translate it into English.

The languages were many and varied and I am sure pure nonsense, though at the time of the dream I understood them perfectly.

22. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

The dream I had last night was quite bizarre it started out with a large group of people sitting out in some shelter at a farm plain. There was ten men on one side, seven rednecks on the other, and in between them were three children. I could tell that the rednecks were going to do something and a fight was to break out. I got scared and took a few steps back. Suddenly, the seven rednecks charged at the children and began to try and rape them. I ran like a coward and watched the ten other men fight the rapists at their hardest, but they all died.

One of the rednecks looked at me and then I ran for it. Suddenly I was in the hallway of my own house and there was still that redneck chasing me. I threw something at him and it hit him and then I ran into my brother's room and shut and locked the door. The guy was banging on the door hard trying to break it down. I turned around and noticed two children (a boy and a girl) running across the street to my neighbor's house. I opened the window and jumped out. The little boy and girl went through a door that wasn't normally there in real life and hurried after them. I went inside and found myself inside some kind of barn and found the two children running up a flight of rickety stairs.

The little girl suddenly disappeared, but the little boy didn't. He talked to me about something and then I ran off with him. We climbed a latter and made it onto some sort of balcony. The little boy then handed me a bushel of autumn leaves and told me to rub them together and blow. That was when the redneck returned, but he didn't return as himself. He transformed into Vegeta from DBZ, and was climbing the ladder. I rubbed the leaves together and blew, but only leaves blew everywhere. The little boy beside me blew out fire with his leaves and I kept on trying anf trying failing as Vegeta got closer. The whole place looked like red, yellow, and orange confetti. I managed to blow out fire on my fifth try and hit Vegeta. Then the little boy pulled me towards an opening in the roof and advised me to jump. That's when my alarm clock buzzed and I woke up.

23. Carmina

That is pretty gnarly S-wo

24. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Carmina said, "Gnarly." :D

That's tripendickular. :p

25. Carmina

Sorry. I am a Californian. These things slip out sometimes.