The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SayWhatNow?

SayWhatNow? New Member

I'm not alone :D

2. SayWhatNow?

SayWhatNow? New Member

Yet another effed up dream tonight.

I was in a large circular room with a large crucifix and a burning circle with a pentegram inside it.

Lining the room were seven paintings with gluttony, sloth, pride, lust, greed, and envy written above each of them

Each of which had a picture of me on it in some kind of torture.

Like lust. I had a sword through my throat on top a pile of ass-naked women who were ripping me limb-from-limb

God...what the eff is wrong with me?

3. arron89

arron89 Banned

Man you have the coolest dreams ever. My dream last night? My English 230 lecturer telling me that I shouldn't bother reading the whole essay he assigned us, just the first two pages would be fine. Guess who listened to his dream lecturer and ended up being super confused all through class today.

Curse you superrealistic dreams, and my inability to distinguish you from reality!

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I have dreams about forum members all the time. Most recently, Rumpole was a personal trainer at my gym, and he was giving me a hard time because I haven't been going as much recently as I used to.

Dude!! I almost went into work two and a half hours late today because I had a dream my assistant store manager changed my schedule. I had to text him to make sure he hadn't.

5. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I had a dream I was being stalked by this crazy guy I have done a couple shows with. I remember hurrying down the street (incidentally the street I grew up on hundreds of miles away). He was following me. I was terrified of him. The funny thing is...in real life...I'm not threatened by him, while others are. In the dream...it was like he had already attacked me and I was trying to get away so he couldn't hurt me again..and no one believed me that he was dangerous. Poor Frank. I didn't mean for him to be the bad guy in my dream...even if he does have mental problems.

6. SayWhatNow?

SayWhatNow? New Member

This one is a tad odd

I was in my mom's car and she was backing up towards an incredibly large pumpkin. We went straight through it, getting nasty guk on ourselves

Then I was randomly transported to a large, auditorium-like room where there was a man about twenty feet tall, dressed in wine red clothes on top of a beige undershirt

Around 120 feet in front of him was a chat bax that seemed to float in mid-air with GOD.COM written on it. Suddenly I had a keyboard and could type with the other people in the chat box.

The large man told everyone to sign in with their mics by saying their name; I quickly realized I didn't have a mic.

After scrambling around for two minutes (while everyone else was chiming in on their mic) a notepad magically apeared in front of me and I tried to write "NO MICROPHONE" on it with the pencil that came with it. twas at this time that I saw someone else out of the corner of my eye who didn't have a mic either, but I didn't really care.

Before I could write "E" the large man floated out and I was magically teleported outside where I tried to chase him down in vain.

I was then back in my mom's car where we drove through the pumpkin again and saw a freakin ginormous van about the size of a large building,

Than I woke up.

7. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I'm glad i'm not the only one who does that!

8. hiddennovelist

Haha definitely not. Most nights, I either have dreams about people on the forum or people I work with. The forum ones are cool. Work dreams, not so much...then I wake up feeling like I've already been working only to go to work and work some more.

9. SarahBrightmanfan

SarahBrightmanfan New Member

My dream was stupid.

I was at a play rehersal with my friend practicing a sword fight, but it got interrupted for a tele broadcast. Then my really obese teacher came on this advert, no longer obese, saying, "Orange gel has changed my life for the better, try it today," then she went on to tell us about this gel which you smear over the shower head so the water turns orange. Then you aim the shower at where you want to loose weight and the fat just sorta melts off. So I queued outside this shop to go in the tester shower, but there was only a bit left. So I aimed it at my stomach and went to weigh myself and had lost 4 pouns immediately. If only that product exsisted :D

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Last night I had the closest thing to a nightmare I've had in years. I was in a prison and my cellmate was one of those quiet, cheerful, social outcast types. He was also crazy homicidal. He always found a way to turn whatever was handy into a weapon and try to kill you with it. He was easy to overpower, but every time i turned MY back he made another attempt to kill me. Often-times his weapon of choice was a small syringe filled with who know what. Every time, he came this close to making it.

Eventually we both escaped from our cells and ran up a hill to where a bunker overlooked the desert landscape. He got inside and killed all the guards then barred himself in.

A pair of gigantic steel doors in the side of the bunker slowly swung open and revealed a floating white orb, taller than I was, and spinning slowly. While I watched a blue dot appeared on the orb's surface and expanded like a ripple in a pond. The dot got bigger and bigger, then another dot, this time black, appeared in the middle and started expanding too. When it reached the right proportions I recognized what it was. It was an eye.

Then something weird happened. The pupil of the eye stopped growing and then contracted like it was focusing on something. When it got to be the size of my fist a beam of red light shot out and touched a mountain on the horizon. The mountain exploded.

The pupil kept contracting until it closed up entirely, and the iris kept expanding, but at the same time it faded away just like ripples in a pond. Then it happened again, in a different spot on the sphere. Then again. And again. And again.

The blasts came faster and faster. First there was a couple seconds between when one iris faded and the next one started. Then they came one right after another. Then they started happening at the same time in different directions. Then they started overlapping.

One ripple would start and expand, then another would start right next to it to overlap it right after the iris fired. They came faster until the white sphere was completely obliterated by expanding irises, contracting pupils, and red beams. They looked like a flat drawing, with one circle blotting out another, but at the same time you could tell that the pupils were holes that led all the way to the center, and the irises had the veins and striations of a real eye.

The world burned while I watched, and the other prisoner watched me with a serene smile on his face. He had the ultimate weapon and was happy.

Edit: And people wonder why I'm weird. No work or forum dreams for me. No sir.

11. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I had a dream that I woke up at 4AM, which was late for my flight to France, and I hadnt packed any of my bags, and I didnt have an electrical socket converter or a passport holder for inside my clothing. I didnt have time to buy them, so I just hoped that the airport would have one. The airport had a really nice department store, so I went down the escalator and walked in on a drug drug, and was promptly knifed. (Death by knife, in real life, is my biggest fear.)

12. Carmina

I was taking a bath with my husband (you can use you imagination...it's ok). The tub was huge...big enough to completely lie down. He was on his back and had his head completely under the water. He wasn't holding his breath, but there were no airbubbles either. He had a perfectly peaceful look on his face. I didn't like that he couldn't breath and put my hand under his head and lifted him to kiss me. He kissed me back, but as soon as I let go of his head, it slipped back under the water again. Then, in the water, clouds of blood began to appear. One was right by his left ear. He didn't seem to notice or care. I was getting alarmed. I had no idea where the blood was coming from. The clouds were getting bigger...turning the water red...then the alarm went off and I woke up. Kinda creepy though.

13. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I had one of those annoying dreams this morning.

Got out of bed, put on my watch, looked at the time and went and had a shower.
    Got dressed, ready for college, started walking.

I was halfway down the road when suddenly Radio 1 comes on from nowhere.

I wake up. :mad:

14. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I had this strange dream where I saved John Lennon from being shot.

15. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

I am interested in dreams from several different points of views and for various reasons.

I am intellectually curious about the symbols of dreams and their subconscious language-dreams do communicate to us but in a very strange way. Often they are re-hashings of the living world, or expressions of fantasy and sexual desire (apparently theres a lot of sex in dreams, go figure).

I am also curious about the prospect of lucid dreams, as far as Im concerned way better than an Xbox if only too rare. There are different techniques for inducing lucid dreaming, and from what I hear they are pretty effective (search online, theres a ton of stuff). Like the Lovecraft character Randolph Carter I would love to explore the dreamworld someday, which is no doubt essentially an in depth exploration of the inner mind, but I have a tendency to wake up just when the dream is getting good and forgetting what I dreamt about.

Apparently, even when we do remember a dream, there are maybe dozens that we forget each night (observers can tell when a dreamer is entering REM with EEGs and stuff and record many dreams on any given night).

16. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

WARNING: VERY LONG

#1: My first Jesus dream. It happened on a Sunday night, when I didn't go to church. The dream took place at the crucifixion and at first, I was sad, but then...it got weird. From the crowd that surrounded the crosses came a woman carrying a small wooden stool. She sets it right at Jesus' cross, climbs onto it and is face to face with Jesus who is wearing a grey poncho for some reason and looks more like Liam Neeson.
    Anyway, she puts her hand underneath Jesus' chin and repeats this question: "Lord, let me pray for you."
    Jesus' response? He ignores her, keeping his gaze fixed to his left.

#2: This is my second Jesus dream. Once again it's at Mount Golgotha. I'm climbing up the rocky side until I fall face-first into the dirt. Naturally, I think this is gonna be one of those dreams where I embarrass myself and it's decided to have me do so in a colossial scale.
    But it does not happen. Instead, I feel myself rise feet-first into the air. I'm frightened. I grab on the sparse of grass, the dirt, anything to keep me on the earth. It fails. I rise higher and higher and move closer and closer to the crosses. Before long, Jesus himself appears. He's rising face-first to whereever I'm going and he has a smile. As he passes, I feel his cheek brushing pass my lips as I give him a quick kiss. Then I wake up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now, before I move onto my other two dreams, let me explain something first. In my Geography 101 class, there's this boy named Darrel who's completely paralyzed from the neck down. His hands, arms, and legs are completely deformed and he can't talk without great effort. He's in a wheelchair and has to use his chin to move the little toggle just to move around. (He has an aide too).

#1: My first dream of Darrel was this: I was in the same classroom, same everything, except something was different. Darrel was not in the wheelchair. In fact, he was sitting in a regular chair with a regular body, talking normally with the professor. Me? From my veiwpoint, I wager that I am in the wheelchair. I think that's what it was, because I couldn't feel my arms and legs in that dream.

#2: My second dream of Darrel was this: I was in a hospital with an aide of his. This time, none of us are in a wheelchair and I'm with his old aide. Darrel's standing on his two feet looking as healthy as ever. He's being checked out for the last time. He looks at his old wheelchair and tells me: "Wanna roll in it?" in a clear, smooth accent. I smile and agree. I sit in the wheelchair and he pushes me up and down the hallway for at least half an hour.

Whenever I have these dreams of Darrel, he appears a lot taller than I am and is always wearing a red, collared shirt.

17. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Does anyone go through periods in which they might have three or four dreams a night for a month or so --and then go a few months without a single recollection of a dream? I always go through periods like that, and I'm in the no-dream period right now. :( I love dreams; where'd they go?!

Curious.

18. jonathan hernandez13

^read my post: the average person probably has a dozen a night, we just dont always remember them:(

19. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

For some time periods (ranging from a few days to a week) I'll be able to recall three dreams a night and have broken sleep. Then the next week, I'll have sound sleep and not remember anywhere near as many :confused:.

20. jonathan hernandez13

the trick is to wake up after having one, if you wake up in the middle of the night instead of in the morning, at the end of all the REM cycles, you are more likely to remember them

drink alot of water before going to bed, you'll probably have a dream about going to the bathroom:p

21. hiddennovelist

That happens to me allll the time. And usually, the worse I have to pee, the more people are present while I am going to the bathroom. Odd...

Anyway, I forgot about this dream until I read the dream conversation in the lounge, but now that I've been reminded of it, I'm disturbed all over again. I can't remember all the details, but last night I had a dream that it was very close to my wedding (not the day of, I think, but a couple days away), and suddenly I got a card in the mail from Joel's former best friend. Joel's friend and I really did not get along, and ultimately they had a falling out because of me and stopped talking to each other, so getting a card from him (sent to me) would have been weird regardless, but the thing that made it really strange is that his friend died in a car accident in July, and in the dream I knew he had died...it was like some creepy haunting thing, and he was trying to stop Joel marrying me. Like I said, I don't remember details, but I remember waking up from that nightmare initially, and then waking up several more times throughout the night being really freaked out about it.

And I couldn't even wake Joel up, because he had to work super early this morning. :(

22. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Last nigh I had a dream that I went to eat dinner with my best friend's gramma. I don't know why.

23. Carmina

I dreamt I was in a thrift store (as I often am) and there was a large fishtank full of fish...and the water was ucky and full of algae and no one was taking care of the fish. They wanted $250 for the tank...which I didn't have...but I knew I had a tank at home...so I was trying to convince them to give me the fish so they would be able to clean the tank and sell it and the fish would be better off. They didn't buy it. Next to the tank was a bird cage full of wrens. The cage door at the top (don't ask me why it was the top) didn't fit righ,t and the birds kept escaping. But, they were half starved and weak and couldn't fly very well. I tried to catch them all,but more and more kept coming...way more than could have fit in that cage. When I would catch a healthy looking one...I would take it outside and free it. It felt good to free them. Inside the store...I grabbed for what I thought was a bird...only it turned out to be a puppy...a white dachsund (not a standard color I know). It was a tiny puppy..way to young to be away form mom...its eyes weren't open yet. I wanted to save it too...take it home and get it some milk. It was very warm in my hands. I held its little body up to my face and felt the warmth of its body on my cheek. It was love at first sight. Then I woke up.

24. Sillraaia

Sillraaia New Member

Dreams

Don't you hate it when you have a dream, then can't remember some of it when you wake? I mean, you remember enough to know it was very intricately detailed, it had a lot of depth, you know all the different characters, exactly what they looked like, and their multiple reasons for doing everything, and it all made perfect sense.. but when you wake up, you can remember the last part of the dream, and not the first part?
    It's like picking up a book half way through and reading until the end, and not having any idea what happened in the beginning, but knowing only that it was a good story...
    Now to create a beginning... <sigh>

25. Carmina

I was trying to get ready to go somewhere. I needed a shower and to get dressed. Every time Someone would get out of the bathroom..someone else would get in before I could get in. I was filling the time that the bathroom was occupied with trying to find something to wear. But, everything I picked put had something wrong with it. It was stained, ripped, wet, dirty, was only half an outfit and I couldn't find anything to go. Typical stress dream.