1. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

The dying... Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by thenewpeter, Mar 15, 2011.

Ok, this is somethin I pitched a while ago, Oasis gave me a go ahead to give it a try, so here's my lead up thread where all things will be talked about regarding my RPG idea. The main purpose of this being to see if anyone will be intrested.

The basic idea is of creating a setting within a zombie apocalypse. The story takes place at the dawn of the outbreak. It will be set in the UK, mostly for the lack of firearms, meaning no gun ho types, unless there’s a soldier, but even then, there’ll be very little ammo. I’ll talk about that in the main thread if people take interest.

The current back-story:
    A sickness has slowly spread throughout the population of Britain, people becoming bed ridden, in the worse of cases, but most are able to continue with daily life with only the slightest of symptoms, on May 18, an event occurs, all at once, the people of Britain collapse/slip into a coma.
    The characters we play will be the ones who are immune or have not yet been infected (ie hiding them self away).
    The story will begin just before the outbreak occurs, seeing our characters through the ordeal of the dying… and then the rising. The story will flow from the beginning, to slowly progress with finding the cause of the sickness.

All intrested with this, please feel free to post your thoughts, I'll be working more on the story and designing a city in which it will take part if people take intrest.

2. NRG

NRG New Member

Not a bad idea... I'd be happy to join... I just hope Pax keeps going too. Both of these look really good.

3. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Think I'll bring in the setting, get that established.

It will be set in a small city, something along the lines of Liverpool, city that’s old, run down, crime ridden and heavily populated.
    As in any city, there is all manner of shops, the centre a metropolis for shoppers with anything you could want, mainly focussed around a central high street with branching areas, this’ll be the starting area for all of the characters.
    There are rules, no-one can start armed, carrying a gun, everyone will have been going about their life’s as normal, or normal for the sickness. There are very few guns in general here, most being illegal, so that means people can’t simply start, then be the gunslinger hero, unless you play a cop, but there will only be one or 2 of those, that’ll be for me to decide who, so you’d have to ask, giving details and such.
    Other then that, your character can be what ever you wish you’d see from daily life, artist, construction worker, drug addict, the choice is yours.
    I’ll handle the main events, I’ll set dates for when various things will happen in advance, letting people tie loose ends before moving on and such. The dying will occure after everyone has been introduced in the rpg, I’ll be leaving this for a week to gather players.
    The story to begin with will flow from people collapsing, some of the survivors meeting up, the rising, the chaos that follows, then holding out, that should be enough for now.

Please detail your characters bio:
    Name: David
    Traits: Normaly quiet, rises to something when needed, never known to be a hero, but never lets someone down.
    Appearance: Slightly muscular build, short brown hair, average height
    General knowledge: Studying in art and design, planning to become an architect, very minor experience with fire arms, knows how to use on, but never used anything other then a pellet riffle. Single, no family, raised in an orphanage/care home until he left at 16. Works part time at a bar.
    Location for introduction: North end of the high street, browsing in a video game shop.

Everyone take into account history with fire arms, we don’t want someone who’s never used a gun before picking one up and perfectly shooting everything.
    The limit is 2 characters per player, I’ll introduce my other later in the week.

4. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

This sounds really fun. I will gladly give it a go :). So, do all the role players play a survivor? Or is it possible to play a 'zombie'?

5. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

It'll all be survivours, I want to take the aproach of brain dead 'zombies' I'm undecided to have them fast moving or slow, I'll let the people taking part vote on it. ^^
    Just post your vote! ^^

6. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

I'm so down. I've never done an RPG and I've wanted to do one for the longest time. I am so down.

7. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Should I post my character bio yet?

8. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Name:Jade
    Traits: Sarcastic, reckless, quick tempered, tactless. While he can very mean at times, once you prove yourself to be a good friend he is very loyal and will stick by you no matter what. Looking at him now you wouldn't know he'd been born into privilege. He's always making fun of the privileged people, calling them drones, or zombies.
    Appearance: slightly muscular, tall, medium length dark hair, brown eyes, piercings, is very pale and sickly looking. He doesn't really take care of himself like he should
    General knowledge: He was born in London. His mother was a singer. His father was a doctor. He went to school in Paris, he aced everything, was extremely popular his whole life, he was going to study law in college, played piano, played water polo in high school, went to the best college in London, and majored in sociology. However,when he was 20 and on break from school his first year in college, Jade fell off a horse and was left blind in his left eye with severe muscle damage in his left arm.
    Location for introduction:chain smoking on a street corner and contemplating suicide, readingThe Road

9. NRG

NRG New Member

What if some are fast and some are slow?

10. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

Zombies are, traditionally, quite slow moving creatures. Due to the massive number of 'zombies' compared to the number of survivors, I think that slow moving 'zombies' would be the best option.

11. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I wanna play!!!

Name: Crimson Slater

Traits: Independent, headstrong, very direct and bold. Can be quite a flirt to the point of not considering whether it might be awkward. Does things her own way, which can sometimes be a problem if there's ever a situation that requires cooperation from the whole group.

Appearance: 5"3-ish, shoulder-blade-length brownish-red hair, dark brown eyes. Sort of curvy but not fat or anything.

Occupation: was a media writer until the zombie apocolypse broke out

Location for introduction: shooting rounds at the local gun range

----

I also support a variety of fast zombies and slow zombies. There could be a variation of different types of the disease manifestations :)

12. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Well, seems like we'll be having a variation of the zombies, I hink possible looking at a 'left 4 dead' variant virus? Depending on various charecteristics, some begin to mutate.
    The Virus it's self will of been an airborn pathogen, hence the reason for it spreading so fast. We'll begin with ordinary, slow moving 'zombies' once they raise again (remember that I'll be the one posting the raise). Then as a bit of time passes, we'll introduce a few new types to throw a wrentch in the works, I'm going for a biological conspiracy style of story here, I've begun thinking through what I can do, I may be taking a 2nd and possibly third charecter to move the plot along that'll be introduced partway through.
    I'll put together something for the infected, possibly do a few sketch's. ^^

Mallory: There may be a problem with you being in a gun range, with us all starting close together, in the city centre, a gun range may not be the best starting point, I want everyone to start off un armed as well, not just a case of, "every one fell down!" Then you run outside armed, expecting whats about to happen.
    Plus as I said, I want to limit firearms, if there's a fireing range, that means we'll practicly be starting armed. So please re-think that.\

Shmoodle and NRG, please post your charecter bio's, I'll be begining the thread this weekend.

13. Mallory

Oh okay. I'll start in a music store then.

14. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

THankyou. ^^

15. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Here's my second charecter, he'll be out of things for the most part, coming back in after the begining.

Please detail your characters bio:
    Name: James
    Traits: n/a
    Appearance: Middle aged remainded n/a
    General knowledge: n/a
    Location for introduction: THe city's main radio station

I'm posting the thread, no-one post anything yet.

16. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

A couple of questions before I post my character sheet:

Is the virus already airborne and people are catching it at the start of the RPG?

What are the first basic symptoms of the virus? Like general cold/flu symptoms to start with?

17. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

It's thought to just be a flue, a bad case, some people becoming bed ridden with it, others having nothing but a slight cough, I've set the first post, just waiting for it to be confirmed atm, basicly, it has spread via airborn release and general person to person passage, each of us will either be imune (meaning we're also imune to being bit... but we could die from all maner of causes from the bite, loss of blood, ect. Just cause a bite doesn't turn you, doesn't mean you can put up with zombies nibbling on you. ^^
    The Virus is going to be activated nation wide by an organised group via a sound wave trasmition with activates a growthin the virus's cells. I wont go into too much detail, don't want to spoil the twists I have.
    This is going to be very sudden to start with, not a casual progression on zombie, nom, scream, another zombie, nom, nom, more screams ect. You'll get a better idea once I set things inmotion.

18. NRG

NRG New Member

Sorry, I have very limited access to the internet, Telstra made a mistake...

Anyway, here's my bio:

Name: Ethan
    Traits: A 'behind the scenes' guy. he had friends in high places, and could have someone killed with a word. Of course, that's not so helpful in a zombie apocalypse...
    Appearance: Typical businessman clothes. Black hair. Average height.
    Occupation: He makes his own living by helping out people. Often political, sometimes criminal.
    General knowledge: He knows his way around the city like it's his home. He knows a bit about weapons.
    Location for introduction: His house, in the middle of the city.

That good? :D

19. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

I feel like there are just way too many Zombie Apocalpse themed games, movies, shows, and books out there that they just don't interest me as much and trust me I've played at least 5 of them. Most are doomed to fail, I'm not saying yours won't, but I'm just giving you the odds so you might wana cook something up for these fellas.

20. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

I have ideas and have already begun preparing them, once the openning gets out of the way, providing that goes well, I'll begin to liven things up from simply surviving.
    Plus, zombies are no whree near as over done as vampires atm, ^^. I've always been a zombie fan, so welcome good movies, books and games, providing they're good, there are few that are good, but when they are, they're briliant I think personly, I love the idea of an enemy that just continously pushes without ever letting up. ^^

21. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

Name: Jacob 'Jake' Brennan
    General Knowledge: Jake attends one of the major schools in the city. He lives with his sister and mother. His dad died when he was young.
    Traits: Jake is a shy kid. He is neither smart nor confident leading to the teachers and pupils alike seeming to ignore him. Jake spends a lot of time in his room, lifting weights, attempting to build his body up.
    Appearance: He has blonde hair and is quite skinny. He wouldn't stand a chance in a fight with a bully. Usual wear is a baggy hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
    Starting Location: At his school, in a maths lesson.

22. Mallory

Hey Peter,

When do you expect the game will be launched?

Just so I'll know when to look for it. :)

23. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

I'll be making the first post on Monday, little busy atm, then it's posts away. ^^
    Expect it to be posted around lunch time.

24. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

Is the RPG open for posting now?

25. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Hello :)

I was wondering if I could participate on this Rpg.

I will be on Land of Five´s Rpg too but I can manage to get time for both, I´m unsure if it´s cool with you or If It´s too late already :confused: