The dying... Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by thenewpeter, Mar 15, 2011.

1. NRG

NRG New Member

I think it's fine, so I'd go ahead and fill out a character bio. I'm sure Peter will be fine with it. :D

2. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Dont worry, I'm ok with people joining in at any point during the RPG, but if people are leaving, I'd like for you to tell me, so that I'll kill off the charecter.
    I've posted the first main post, so people can now go ahead and introduce them selfs at will.
    But remember, I'm the one introducing the event that occurs, no-one else make their own spin on the event until it's happened!
    So, I'll wait 2 days before posting the event, to give people time to read and introduce.
    Anyone who's late, post a brief backstory of what they've been through, then jump right in.

Sorry for the little delay, had some laptop trouble. :(

3. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Thank you for the oppurtunity :)

I´m already thinking about the character but I don´t have much time now, since I´m on class. I´ll post it later today

4. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Name: Henry

Traits: A bit quiet when among unknown people, otherwise, very talkative and
    cheerful. Doesn´t mind being unfair to others and he´ll do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Appearance: Thin and tall, blonde hair. Usually carries sunglasses and a guitar with him, no matter what.

If there´s anything that I should change or perhaps, add some more details for the sake of the story, please let me know.

5. NRG

NRG New Member

Argh, I keep getting an error and needing to re-write my intro. I'll try and get it up tomorrow.

6. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Thought I'd start identifying the zombie types. ^^
    The first type is the basic, slow moving fairly dull zombie, these will look normal in everyway, but their eye's will be glazzed over. They fit the very steriotypical view of the zombie, they die by brain trauma, can continue to live beyond being beheaded, although can only move the head.

The second type of zombie, which I will introduce when I think'll be apropiate, it'll likely be fairly early are the faster moving zombies. These are people who have had extreme reactions to the virus, there body begins to eat it's self to a degree until they look like moving skelingtons, they looks week and slow, but can keep moving at full out sprint for 5 minuets, not feeling the fatigue like people normaly would, their musle sems non existant at a clance, but their grip if like a vise, once they get hold of something, the only way to make them let go is to sever the hand.
    I make a 15 minuets drawing of a head, to give a general feel of this type. We'll simply refer to them as runners/sprinters.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Ok, I'll be kickstarting this around 2ish tomorow. Letting people know in advance, all those who haven't introduced, either post before hand or in your first post, write a paragraph or 2 introduction, then move it up to current events. ^.^

8. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Sorry everyone, I was planning on posting my first post today but I have test tomorrow. I´ll only be able to post it during tomorrow´s night or in Saturday.
    Once again, I´m really sorry =\

9. Zev

Zev New Member

Hy

Hy everyone, i was wondering if i couls still, be a part of this thread, it looks to be really good.
    So yeah let me know if i can join or not.
    Thanks for your time.

10. Shmoodle

Shmoodle New Member

Sorry guys, I am extremely busy at the moment and I probably won't have to time to post and keep up with the story, so just count me out for the moment. I may rejoin at some point in the near future.

11. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Can my character start interacting with other characters or are we just doing introductions? Just wondering.

12. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Vamp, if you'd like. I've posted the event, all who missed a chance to introduce, simply do it with your new post. Now, chucks away.

13. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

I'll kick the rising in tomorow around lunchtime ish, give this thing some wheels. THe event line I want this to follow for now is:
    Taking in the fact that everyone seems dead
    The rising, the panic that follows it
    Meeting up in either a few groups or one larger group, if its the larger group, I want it to happen fast, once we decide a place where we'll meet up, I'd say one of the shopping arcades, if anyone has any better ideas, please say so, I'd also like everyone from this point on to begin posting time stamps on their posts, so when know when they begin and end, just to give a better sense of timing.

14. Zev

Zev New Member

My character

Name: Jason (Jay) Samuel

Traits: A Happy person, lazy as you can be, and very friendly, and a bit over protective with his friends.

Appearance: Averege build, 5,7 feet tall, surfer looks (brown blode hair). he almost all of the time his sleepy.

15. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

THeres a little problem with your post, if you intended to have them cornered by a zombie or something, you need to include the event in your post, before that, theres only the sickness, its a case of 1.5% of the general polulation is imune to it, not just those who arn't sick, the idea is that it spread throught he air, the citys and town becoming choaced by it, people breathing it in, making everyone basic a carrier.
    I'll need you to post again to clear up whats happening for your charecter, plus the event seeing as the first part of it has already happened, but your charecter seems oblivious.

16. MidnightPhoenix

MidnightPhoenix New Member

I would love to be apart, if u would like me to. I've never done anything like this before. Anything I should know? Unless it to late.

17. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

People are free to join as we go with it at any time, just read ove rthe discussion thread on all of my posts before posting anything, then the main things it's self. ^.^

18. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

My next week:

Monday: Spanish Exam

Tuesday: Geography Exam

Wednesday: Science Exam

Thursday: Math Exam

Friday: A well deserved "NO EXAMS TODAY" in my opinion :rolleyes:

Sorry, I´m not sure if I´ll be able to keep up with the story during the first days from this week :(

I´ll try but it´ll be hard to write anything decent and read the posts from everyone with all of the upcoming stress and hours studying.

19. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Don't worry, this is a slow rpg, but once your done, you'llof coarse need to write a post acounting for things you've done in the time of the other posts. I wish you the best of luck in your exams ^.^

20. TheTranskinator

TheTranskinator New Member

...not sure...it's dark and I hear laughing... aww
    I'd like to join too if you don't mind? I know I'm new here and all but I like rp'ing :p

I'll edit a character into this post once I'm done looking at the real thread. This sounds pretty cool. Just saying. I have one question though, can we get the virus by being bit? I read through teh entire thread, but I don't recall reading whether we can or not. And if we can, are there other ways we can contract the virus? Blood in teh eyes, etc? Just wondering. Thanks

21. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

In one of my posts, I did mention something about this. Every one who isn't effected is imune to it. THere for, a bite doesn't infect, neither does the blood or anything. However, the bite can of coarse cause servear pain, other general infections and extensive bleeding and such.

22. TheTranskinator

TheTranskinator New Member

...not sure...it's dark and I hear laughing... aww
    Alright. Thanks. I figured you probably did say something about that, but I just couldn't remember. Thanks for clarifying that with me. I'm about to make a character and stuff... But I might not post today. I'm busy doing homework on the computer right now so...

23. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Hello everyone!

Wow, there was no activity during my absence :eek:

Oh well, just dropping by to let you know that tomorrow is my final exam so I can get back on writing

Cheers :)

24. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

I've kicked off the rising, feel free to get things roling. I idealy want most of the charecters to be drawn to the same shopping arcade, then meet up, all having the same idea of trying to get to the security room and close the automated shutters.
    If anyone has any questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

25. 霊Ray霊

霊Ray霊 New Member

Sure thing :)

When dealing with a life or dead situation... When any mistake can get yourself killed... That´s when a person will reveal its true nature. Many characters with different personalities in one place both sharing one thing at least : "The struggle to survive"

This should be interesting :rolleyes: